Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The question was rhetorical.

Do you believe the strength of the law has the power to turn one's heart to stone? Jesus often spoke his condemnation of the Pharisees. They too were very familiar with the manuscripts and the word of God; would you say the Pharisees had a heart of flesh or a heart of stone? What is it that hardens ones heart?

I think you have the law of Moses mixed up with the law of Christ.

JLB

When does the marriage of the lamb occur and you become the bride of Christ?

Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
Then he said to me, “Write: Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’ ” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.” And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Revelation 19:7-14

If your looking for a year, month and day, then I don’t have that.

JLB

Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
Then he said to me, “Write: Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’ ” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.” And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Revelation 19:7-14

If your looking for a year, month and day, then I don’t have that.

JLB

No, I'm not looking for a day or hour, I'm just trying to make sense of your theology. In your previous post you have indicated that you are born again and that you are one with the Spirit of Christ. If the Spirit of Christ be in you, and you be in the Spirit of Christ, then the two have become one flesh. This is the marriage,

No, I'm not looking for a day or hour, I'm just trying to make sense of your theology.

I comes from the scriptures.

Here it is again.

Did you notice the phrase “His wife has made herself ready.”

His wife has made herself ready for that day; the marriage supper of the Lamb.

It occurs when He returns runs to gather His people together, at the resurrection and rapture, in which we will forever be with the Lord.

JLB

The Bible doesn't say that.
Not in the verse quoted or anywhere else in Scripture.

Verse 9 - "for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls".

Notice this is present tense.
It's something we get now.
The poster you reply to should have included verse 5..."Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."
Salvation won't be revealed until the last time.
It is something yet to be revealed, and worth enduring faithful till the end for.

If I ask you a direct question, I would expect you answer to that question. Not just give me the words of the book. I already know the words of the book. If I wanted to know what the bible has to say, then I would ask you what does the bible say.

I am asking questions of those claiming to be born again, born of the Spirit, with God's laws written upon their hearts. I want to hear the laws written on your hearts, not the laws written in a book. I want to hear the law of Faith as it is comes from your heart, not the letter of the law of sin and death.

So No, I would not prefer biblical answers, I would prefer Your answer to the questions in your own words.
You are setting yourself up for the whims of false preachers.

The poster you reply to should have included verse 5..."Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."
It is something yet to be revealed, and worth enduring faithful till the end for.

So you do not know salvation? If salvation is something yet to be revealed to you, then why do you preach a message of salvation? If salvation is something yet to be revealed to you, then you are holding on the hope of salvation.

If one says they are born again and says they one with the Spirit of Christ, then wouldn't it stand to reason that salvation has been revealed to them? What is it you posses with only the hope of salvation?

I'm not going to comment on that, as it is not the OP.

You are setting yourself up for the whims of false preachers.

I asked for what's written on your heart, this is your response. Do you only know the words of the book?

You asked a question earlier if it was considered legalism to refuse the mark of the beast. I said the depended on what you thought the mark of the beast to be. You said the better answer would be No, so again I asked you what you thought the mark to be. But you wouldn't clarify it stating it's not part of the OP, when it actually is. It's all about the law.

Some take the book and carry the words in their hand. Others take the words of the book, and in their mind they memorize them. But I asked for what was written on your heart. Do you not understand? If I should ask of you bread, why do you hand me stones?

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

You may not see it until the end, but we have it now.

Jude 24

No, the law is not abolished. If it were, there would be no Bibles in print. But do you not understand the effect the law has on the heart? It hardens it. It turns it to stone. Harden not your hearts....

To be born again, you must become dead to the law. What does it mean to you to be dead to the law?

If we love God and wish to be in His Kingdom (here), then the law has no effect on the heart because we're doing, or not doing, or behaving as we Want to behave.

I think you might get some persons mixed up with those that are trying to live by the law, as those who were under the Mosaic Covenant.

IOW, the law is written on the heart...this means that we know, in our heart, what is right or wrong, and we naturally want to do what is right.

If we desire to sin, but do not do so Only because of the law,,,then there is some problem and it well might be that the person's soul is in danger,,,but that's not for us to judge.

Ah yes, without the Bible our very conscience tells us, and that conscience was clear as we walked by faith. Be ye as little children. That conscience had communion with God whether we understood it to be so or not.
Agreed.

Now our conscience is filled with the knowledge of the law, the knowledge of sin and death, the knowledge of good and evil. That knowledge now becomes part of our active conscience, and then we substitute those words in place of the spirit that once guided our conscience. Because of the law, because of the written word and the effect that it has on our conscience, we become lost.
We can thank Adam for the above.
But I can't explain it any better than I just did above.

Sometimes, however, you and others, make it sound like it's not Necessary to follow any rules at all but Jesus did leave us with some commandments, all covered by the Great Two.

If salvation is something yet to be revealed to you,

The passage doesn’t say “revealed to you”.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

• who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Peter understood that faith is the substance of the thing hoped for.

Hebrews says it this way —

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:27-28

• He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

JLB

So you do not know salvation? If salvation is something yet to be revealed to you, then why do you preach a message of salvation? If salvation is something yet to be revealed to you, then you are holding on the hope of salvation.
The word "reveal" means "realize" or "experience" to me.
I won't "know" my salvation has occurred till I hear my name read from the book of life.
If one says they are born again and says they one with the Spirit of Christ, then wouldn't it stand to reason that salvation has been revealed to them? What is it you posses with only the hope of salvation?
We can know all about a subject, without knowing if it applies to us.

I wait faithfully, hopefully, for the revealing of my own salvation.

I asked for what's written on your heart, this is your response. Do you only know the words of the book?
Perhaps you should have just asked "What is written on my heart"?
Love is written on my heart.
You asked a question earlier if it was considered legalism to refuse the mark of the beast. I said the depended on what you thought the mark of the beast to be. You said the better answer would be No, so again I asked you what you thought the mark to be. But you wouldn't clarify it stating it's not part of the OP, when it actually is. It's all about the law.
As written in Rev 13:17-18..."And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
It will be either the name or number of the beast.
Some take the book and carry the words in their hand. Others take the words of the book, and in their mind they memorize them. But I asked for what was written on your heart. Do you not understand? If I should ask of you bread, why do you hand me stones?
I don't understand.
Ask direct questions and you will get direct answers.

You may not see it until the end, but we have it now.

Jude 24
Amen to that !
But I really couldn't see that from the Jude scrip' you kindly provided.
We may have salvation now, but we will still undergo a final judgement later.
Remain faithful till the end, and enjoy eternity with God.
Turn back on God at the end, and your eternity will be in the lake of fire.

Back