Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't know.
That verse seems to have disappeared from my Bible.

But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
Glory to God
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen. Jude 20-25

To those who Give heed to…

building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God,

God is indeed able to keep from stumbling.

God is able to do many wonderful things with those who obey Him, even to those who believe on His name.

but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, Romans 2:8

JLB

But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
Glory to God
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen. Jude 20-25

building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God,

But we can't talk about it here...right?
God is able to do many wonderful things with those who obey Him, even to those who believe on His name.
but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, Romans 2:8

Why did you cite Jude 24?
Because it explains why we have salvation now, not at a later date.
If you think you don't receive it until a later date, then you cannot say you are a saved born again Christian.
And if you are not a saved born again Christian, then what are you?
You are just another wondering lost soul looking for the answers to life.

Me?
I've found the answers, and I live it.

If you are not a saved born again Christian, yet still believe in Christ, then you remain under the schoolmaster waiting for faith to come. You would be a Christian who is faithful to obey the works of the law, but still in bondage to the dead works of the law, coming before the cross using the blood of Christ to answer for your sins under the law. These are the dead in Christ, they hold to the hope of salvation. Those that are born again, they are those living in Christ after the Spirit.

Daniel 12:2
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

That other grain, might just be a tare.

For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Personal opinions carry no weight.
Scripture is the solid, unassailable, source of wisdom and grace.

Is not the bible, (that is the book you disdain, right ?) the word of God?
Inspired by God?
Does it not testify of our Lord's birth, miracles, sufferings, death, resurrection, and the promises of the future?
It is written..."...for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." (Rev 19:10)
As it is God that gives prophets the words to speak, and write, how can the bible be diminished in it's ability?

Be careful you don't think so highly of the Bible that you elevate it to a place of idolatry as "The" word of God. But the just shall live be faith. Not faith in your understanding of the scriptures, even though you've studied to show yourself approved. But with all that studying, what have you learned?

What do the scripture provided you with?

The Knowledge of Good and Evil.
The Knowledge of Sin and Death.
The Knowledge of the cross and a blood sacrifice for the covering of your sins.

The Knowledge of the HOPE of Salvation.

The word "reveal" means "realize" or "experience" to me.
I won't "know" my salvation has occurred till I hear my name read from the book of life.

We can know all about a subject, without knowing if it applies to us.

I wait faithfully, hopefully, for the revealing of my own salvation.

Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

The Bible, the written word of God, will NEVER reveal to you your salvation. That comes only through faith, not in the words of the book, but in the Spirit of Christ.

From Faith, To Faith. As it is written, the just shall live by faith!

Because it explains why we have salvation now, not at a later date.
If you think you don't receive it until a later date, then you cannot say you are a saved born again Christian.
You are just another wondering lost soul looking for the answers to life.

Me?
I've found the answers, and I live it.
I too have found the "answers", and live it.
But I realize that judgement will start with us, and after that, I will claim I am saved.
But I won't usurp God's judgement by saying I already have that which I await.

Be careful you don't think so highly of the Bible that you elevate it to a place of idolatry as "The" word of God. But the just shall live be faith. Not faith in your understanding of the scriptures, even though you've studied to show yourself approved. But with all that studying, what have you learned?
What do the scripture provided you with?
The Knowledge of Good and Evil.
No, as God has given me and all of us a conscience.
The Knowledge of Sin and Death.
No, as I knew of that stuff before I could read.
The Knowledge of the cross and a blood sacrifice for the covering of your sins.
Yes, in a sense.
By "blood covering" I presume you mean the washing of our past sins by the blood of Christ.he
Knowledge of the HOPE of salvation?
Yes, as It has filled in many blanks in my knowledge.
Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
The Bible, the written word of God, will NEVER reveal to you your salvation. That comes only through faith, not in the words of the book, but in the Spirit of Christ.
True, as faith cometh by hearing.
But we can hear tapes or discs of the bible.
From Faith, To Faith. As it is written, the just shall live by faith!
I am glad that I have faith in what is written.
Faith that the bible is inspired by God.
And faith that it is all true.

About God giving us the power not to fall/sin.
"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy," (Jude 1:24)

I addressed this verse in post #123

Here it is again

Glory to God
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen. Jude 20-25

• building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God,

JLB

I too have found the "answers", and live it.
But I realize that judgement will start with us, and after that, I will claim I am saved.
But I won't usurp God's judgement by saying I already have that which I await.
Then the answers you have found are not the same that I have found.

True, as faith cometh by hearing.
But we can hear tapes or discs of the bible.

Yes, it is written that Faith cometh by hearing. And yes, you can "hear" audiobooks of the bible.

Did the Pharisees have faith? Did they not hear and read the words written in the scrolls?

I am glad that I have faith in what is written.
Faith that the bible is inspired by God.
And faith that it is all true.

It is good that you believe what is written.
It is good that you believe that the bible is inspired by God.
It is good that you believe it all to be true.

Why is it that for all your faith, you only seem to mention the Bible and the written word God? I find your responses lacking in any mention of FAITH IN CHRIST.

It is good that you have learned from and believe the words of the schoolmaster. It is good that you believe that it all true. But if you find yourself still waiting, holding only the hope of salvation, then you remain under the schoolmaster. But when that FAITH has come, you are no longer under a schoolmaster.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

If you're still under the schoolmaster waiting for your faith to be revealed with the hope of salvation, then are you really Born Again? Or just believing the words of the book?

Did you know that from Abraham to Moses, and from Moses to John the Baptist, the Jews all held to the promise of a savior and the hope of salvation.

I addressed this verse in post #123

Here it is again

Glory to God
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen. Jude 20-25

• building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God,

JLB
Thankyou very much.

Yes, it is written that Faith cometh by hearing. And yes, you can "hear" audiobooks of the bible.
Did the Pharisees have faith? Did they not hear and read the words written in the scrolls?
No.
It is good that you believe what is written.
It is good that you believe that the bible is inspired by God.
It is good that you believe it all to be true.

Why is it that for all your faith, you only seem to mention the Bible and the written word God? I find your responses lacking in any mention of FAITH IN CHRIST.
I don't feel you can have one without the other.
It is good that you have learned from and believe the words of the schoolmaster. It is good that you believe that it all true. But if you find yourself still waiting, holding only the hope of salvation, then you remain under the schoolmaster. But when that FAITH has come, you are no longer under a schoolmaster.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

If you're still under the schoolmaster waiting for your faith to be revealed with the hope of salvation, then are you really Born Again? Or just believing the words of the book?
The Pharisees only had the OT writings.
We have that and more, thanks be to God.
Did you know that from Abraham to Moses, and from Moses to John the Baptist, the Jews all held to the promise of a savior and the hope of salvation.
Yes, I knew that.
Did you know that Paul wrote of the "hope of salvation"?
"But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation." (1 Thes 5:8)
And..."For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?" (Rom 8:24)
He wrote of the "hope of" salvation, not of having salvation itself already.

See how important scriptures can be in fine tuning a belief?

See how important scriptures can be in fine tuning a belief?

We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night." (Rev 12:10)
If we live our lives as God intended, our salvation has already begun.
It won't be official though till after the final judgement.
It is a matter of semantics though to say "I am saved".
I, personally, have been supplied everything I need in order not to lose my salvation.
If I endure faithfully until my passing, or Jesus Christ's return, I will be found in the book of life.
That is when I will start celebrating, and not before.

Back