Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

CAN A REFORMED BELIEVER FALL AWAY FROM FAITH?

I guess praying God breaking a sinners heart unto salvation is most Calvinist .I was doing that before I went to a reformed church.

I certainly didn't want Jesus .Jesus let me sin and dig a hole and destroy my life and then in desperation because of the mess he allowed me to make of myself listened because I was being led to repentance as I heard the gospel s few times before I did that
all that is free will while the spirit draws

I have to sign off.
And it's a big job...
but would I love to see scripture for the above beliefs.

For instance, where does the NT state that we are born so totally depraved that we are UNABLE to choose to be saved?

To keep to the topic of this thread...
Where does the NT state that we will be eternally saved, forever, no matter what?
For instance, where does the NT state that we are born so totally depraved that we are UNABLE to choose to be saved?
There are many.....

No One Is Righteous
Rom 3:9 What then? Are we better? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin;
Rom 3:10 as it is written, “THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
Rom 3:11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
Rom 3:12 ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME WORTHLESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE.”
Rom 3:13 “THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN TOMB, WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING,” “THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS”;
Rom 3:14 “WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS”;
Rom 3:15 “THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD,
Rom 3:16 DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS,
Rom 3:17 AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN.”
Rom 3:18 “THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES.”

Where does the NT state that we will be eternally saved, forever, no matter what?

One of many.....

Rom 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Joh 10:28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish—ever; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

That's just your pride.
easy brother i know the life i lived all though you have parts of it right pride kept me from being saved. even though the Spirit was drawing . i didnt like the evangelist didnt really care about church. see before i went to the altar .the still small voice spoke to me saying its NOW or never. i chose the now .the sprit breathed new life into me

easy brother i know the life i lived all though you have parts of it right pride kept me from being saved. even though the Spirit was drawing . i didnt like the evangelist didnt really care about church. see before i went to the altar .the still small voice spoke to me saying its NOW or never. i chose the now .the sprit breathed new life into me
Yes, He gave you the faith to believe and and understand, God's Spirit quickened you.

Praise God.

Yes, He gave you the faith to believe and and understand, God's Spirit quickened you.

Praise God
thats your story say it how you want . here is something to chew on IF God choses us to salvation . then there is no need of the altar call or the preaching we just wait and see if we get picked to get saved

How does one interpret these verses if you chose salvation.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

How does one interpret these verses if you chose salvation.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
It's not that man's will is absent in justification. It's just that man's will is not what solicits justification. God's forgiveness does. The privilege to be adopted as sons of God is not seized as a matter of a man's will. It is granted as a matter of God's mercy and grace. And we willingly receive it as he enables us to receive it.

May I ask why it is so important that you chose to be saved, why not give the Lord all the glory and the credit?
he gets it all i have nothing to boast of .but that he save a no good person like me. i simply accepted the words God save me was what i said . it not complicated

This teaching is reformed in theology and is also known as Calvinism.
I find it extremely annoying that I have to defend the appropriateness the sources of my beliefs before you guys to get your approval. Either accept what I post or reject them on face value. I never question your right to form
your own conclusions using whatever sources you may choose. I may not agree, but nevertheless, it is your right to do so.
Anyway, I will say this: that I only read from and quote the Bible -- it is my sole spiritual authority. Have you ever observed me reference anything besides the Bible? What do you think that means? It is possible for different people to read the Bible and come to similar conclusions based upon scripture. Given that the Bible was written by God and that it can only contain only one overriding, fundamental principle, I would find it amazing should that not happen.

Now, maybe you don't know Calvin, but maybe, since you preach what he taught,
you should spend some time trying to get to know him.

He wrote a 4 volume set called The Institutes of the Christian Religion.
Read it.
I think, if you don't know his writings, you will come away pretty dismayed at the God you
are describing to others.

A God no one believes in except the reformed.
Unloving, Unmerciful and Unjust.

God is Loving, Merciful and Just.
This is the God of the bible.

He bestowed us with free will to love Him or not love Him.
If love is not free, it is worthless.
God wants our love ONLY if it is free.
Not if He has to choose for us to love Him or not.
The remainder of your post, wondering, is unworthy of a reply

We do not know who God has elected for salvation.
And you can never know. Because in Calvinism the sign that you are elected is that you endure all the way to the end. So you can never know until the end if you are of the elect. Meanwhile, in non-Calvinistic theology, you are saved right now, this very moment if you are believing. And you know if you are believing by if you have the changed/changing life that born again, believing people have.

Most people who believe that they chose to be saved is based solely in pride. I just do not understand this.
If anyone actually did a study on Theology Proper, specifically the sovereignty and providence of God, from the Bible they would see that they had no part in salvation. This doctrine is not only humbling but comforting.

Monergism vs. Synergism
We cannot save ourselves.
There is only one Saviour. He was there in the beginning. He is with us now in spirit, and He paid the death penalty for all those who, in faith believe in Him, wretched sinners that we are, on Calvery's cross.

Back