Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

CAN A REFORMED BELIEVER FALL AWAY FROM FAITH?

And you can never know. Because in Calvinism the sign that you are elected is that you endure all the way to the end. So you can never know until the end if you are of the elect. Meanwhile, in non-Calvinistic theology, you are saved right now, this very moment if you are believing. And you know if you are believing by if you have the changed/changing life that born again, believing people have.
I am not sure how you come to that conclusion with Calvinists.

Do you wish to discuss what someone dead taught ( Calvin) or if a believer falls away from belief in the living Lord Jesus Christ ?

Outside of Calvinism, people consider they are saved right now, evidenced by their changed/changing life.

That would not be the case with regards to the two ways set forward by Christ, which are:

1. A person who takes no cross and finds his life.

2. A person who has taken his cross, loses their life, to find it again.

Matthew 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

When anyone has that cross and has lost their life, they cannot change it and be changing it, it is lost.

But if anyone thinks they are changing their life, they do not know what happened to Jesus, who at the age of 30, lost His life to be the Messiah, and for three and a half years did not show change and changing of life, but evidenced ( for belief for us) of life now not in the flesh, but in the Spirit ( anointed of the Spirit remaining on Him. John 1:33)

That is why this is told as the narrow path few find, Matthew 7:13-14, and also why Jesus shows constantly the way to be saved, is to not seek to save your life, but to lose it instead for His sake and the Gospels ( through love for Christ, instead of love for ourselves as men are now lovers of their own selves instead. 2 Timothy 3:2.)

Matthew 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mark 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Matthew 8:19 And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Why else has it been fulfilled that the only interest for people these days is themselves, them being saved, ( as Calvin and very other taught and guided everyone on earth) for them not being able to lose all they value, to neither lose their life, their pride, their selfishness, their vanity, which is belief in unrighteousness, and not in the righteousness of the heart of the resurrection belief in Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9-10. Being guided by exactly who Jesus testified would rise to deceive many, cannot be avoided, it came to pass and is at its most abundant right now.

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I do not know why everyone is saying Calvin only taught this. In reality Calvin got his theology from Scripture.

But everyone will believe how they will.

The difference is that those who are of the reformed faith give all glory and sovereignty to God for everything.

Others just give glory to self and then God. Humans have found a way to contribute to their salvation.

All is being taught as reformed by the many false prophets who rose to deceive any.

After that intervention, men became lovers of their own selves, with only a form of godliness, and because iniquity abounds now ( disbelief in the meekness of Christ laying His life down) everybody has cold love, apart from for themselves. ) hence the topic of saved being so essential to all)

All is being taught as reformed by the many false prophets who rose to deceive any.

After that intervention, men became lovers of their own selves, with only a form of godliness, and because iniquity abounds now ( disbelief in the meekness of Christ laying His life down) everybody has cold love, apart from for themselves. ) hence the topic of saved being so essential to all)

What false prophets?

Attention is best payed on the scriptures as they reveal the truth of what everything is, and instead of what is shared now, the opinion everybody has and sticks to like glue.

Nothing occurred of what anyone claims, or makes sound like something interesting.

What happened is exactly what Christ set out to happen, which is now, and all He says is what will be for ever, and also what anyone else says, is soon to be taken away with them out of this world, as also told.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

So the only way to be is in all holy conversation and godliness( control of the tongue) if we want to avoid what we are warned about by God, and not hear any man/men, instead of the Lord God only.

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

What false prophets?
Why else has it been fulfilled that the only interest for people these days is themselves, them being saved, ( as Calvin and very other taught and guided everyone on earth) for them not being able to lose all they value, to neither lose their life, their pride, their selfishness, their vanity, which is belief in unrighteousness, and not in the righteousness of the heart of the resurrection belief in Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9-10. Being guided by exactly who Jesus testified would rise to deceive many, cannot be avoided, it came to pass and is at its most abundant right now.

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

This makes no sense. How is it selfish to give God all the glory in salvation?

How does it make sense to not be warned by Christ of MANY PROPHETS rising to deceive many, and to then answer with: "What false prophets?"

But, the many false prophets strategy was to give good words to make them sound right to the simple, when we were warned to avoid that subtlety of the devil. Genesis 3:1.

Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2 Corinhians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

I am not even certain what you are talking about at this point.
Talking about what the scriptures warned all the world about, to avoid the deceivers who came to earth.

But, to know they did come to earth, and that love did go cold for everybody, and how men became lovers of their own selves, means nobody will understand any conversation, but what is about themselves being saved, as that is self loves, only focus.

Talking about what the scriptures warned all the world about, to avoid the deceivers who came to earth.

But, to know they did come to earth, and that love did go cold for everybody, and how men became lovers of their own selves, means nobody will understand any conversation, but what is about themselves being saved, as that is self loves, only focus.
What does this have to do with the topic?

How is glory to God, when the topic is being saved ( for our selves) ?

How can faith be described by Gods words, when faith to people is to hear faithfully the many false prophets rising to deceive many ?

So the topic is being saved, instead of hearing the scriptures warnings, how to avoid love being cold and to avoid being a lover of our own selves.

That is why, the only answer to avoid selfish, self love concerns ( as predicted to happen by Christ, spoken and taught from many deceivers entered into the world) is to be reminded how we are to not love our selves, but to love without self seeking instead..

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

So to readdress your concerns, that you don't know what I am talking about, or that this is not on topic.

This is exactly topic. Anything else was not.

Iniquity abounds, and to be saved, it must of course be avoided to be saved, by enduring ( without iniquity to the end)

Charity rejoices not in iniquity, and then charity( instead of the predicted self love and love gone cold) is to be followed after, for the truth of salvation.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

1 Corinthians 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Back