Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

CAN A REFORMED BELIEVER FALL AWAY FROM FAITH?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"They were not really of us." They were not saved, you say. Now ask yourself if Calvinists are one of us, meaning the majority of people on this forum who are born again Christians. If the answer is no, you are not one of us, then ask yourself what that means for your salvation, and should you come to God in repentance?
I can only speak for myself. Many people claim to be Christian, but are really not.

Please explain how you can lose your salvation?

If you fall into sin, do you lose it? If that were the case, anyone saved would lose their salvation.

How many times does the Lord save you?

I can only speak for myself. Many people claim to be Christian, but are really not.

Please explain how you can lose your salvation?

If you fall into sin, do you lose it? If that were the case, anyone saved would lose their salvation.

How many times does the Lord save you?
Our salvation depends on following Jesus, and not another teacher.

Are you a red letter bible only follower?

Please explain how one can lose their salvation and how they get it back?
Yes, I am a “red letter” person. Nicodemus said Jesus is a teacher sent from God, we need no other. He is the author and finisher of our faith. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Not only that, but he came down from heaven’s glory to save us from our sins, to show us the way to go, and to be our teacher, guide and friend. There is no one else like him. We need to surrender our lives to the Saviour of the world and repent of our iniquities, for only He can redeem us. Like the Good Shepherd and the Father of the Prodigal Son, Jesus will welcome all those who follow false teachers back into his presence with ever-open arms. Come unto me and be saved, for if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou will be saved.

Last edited:
Yes, I am a “red letter” person. Nicodemus said Jesus is a teacher sent from God, we need no other. He is the author and finisher of our faith. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Not only that, but he came down from heaven’s glory to save us from our sins, to show us the way to go, and to be our teacher, guide and friend. There is no one else like him. We need to surrender our lives to the Saviour of the world and repent of our iniquities, for only He can redeem us. Like the Good Shepherd and the Father of the Prodigal Son, Jesus will welcome all those who follow false teachers back into his presence with ever-open arms. Come unto me and be saved, for if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou will be saved.
I agree with you.
If we follow Jesus we cannot go wrong.
Some read Paul and then come back talking about grace...
of course we're saved by God's grace...
But Paul agreed with what Jesus taught,
some speak as if Paul taught a different gospel.

So, all everything else in the Bible is null and void, accept the words of Jesus?

So, all everything else in the Bible is null and void, accept the words of Jesus?
Everything else is not null and void.
The above is for Cooper but I agree with him.

Everything in the bible was written by someone.
Jesus is the person they were writing about.
Jesus is the one who had a 3+ year ministry to teach, preach and show us the way to live in the Kingdom of God here on earth.

I DO believe we are taught to keep our eyes on Him, to follow Him.
We are disciples of Jesus...not of any of the writers.

[2Ti 3:16 KJV]
16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Who said otherwise Roger?
But who are YOU following?
Jesus
Paul
James
etc.
??

For instance, when there's a question about something,,,
I go to what Jesus said. He was plain in His speaking,
for our own good.

For instance, when there's a question about something,,,
I go to what Jesus said. He was plain in His speaking,
for our own good.
[2Pe 1:20-21 KJV]
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

[2Pe 1:20-21 KJV]
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.
I agree.
I THINK you're missing my point and Cooper 's point.

Must sign off now.
Think about it.

So you can lose your salvation if you follow Paul's teaching in the Bible?
Paul’s message perfectly synchronized with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Throughout His ministry, Jesus Christ taught and emphasized the Kingdom of God as the core of His message (Matthew 4:17, 23; Mark 1:15; John 18:36).

Some believe that Paul brought a different message and was a sort of “reformer” of Christianity—changing and redeveloping its message as he took it to the gentile world. This is commonly referred to as “Pauline Christianity.”

Acts 20:25 shows clearly that Paul did not change or reform the gospel message. Paul preached the same gospel to the gentile world that Jesus Christ preached to people of Judea during His ministry: the message of the Kingdom of God.

Paul’s message perfectly synchronized with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Throughout His ministry, Jesus Christ taught and emphasized the Kingdom of God as the core of His message (Matthew 4:17, 23; Mark 1:15; John 18:36).

Some believe that Paul brought a different message and was a sort of “reformer” of Christianity—changing and redeveloping its message as he took it to the gentile world. This is commonly referred to as “Pauline Christianity.”

Acts 20:25 shows clearly that Paul did not change or reform the gospel message. Paul preached the same gospel to the gentile world that Jesus Christ preached to people of Judea during His ministry: the message of the Kingdom of God.

Thank you. I know that there are some people who only hold to the teachings of Jesus and disregard the rest of the Bible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back