Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

CAN A REFORMED BELIEVER FALL AWAY FROM FAITH?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Bible is an integrated whole and must be understood as such. The Father moved Jesus as He moved the other writers.

[Jhn 5:30 NIV]
30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
You don't seem to be understanding what is being said.

Good night. Late here.

And we are told to run the race in such a way as to win. This implies strenuous effort and perseverance. Who provides frail fallen creatures with such? Why?

I lean towards the genuinely converted staying the course overall even with some falls here and there. Having written that…

We are warned that in the last days false prophets shall arise and they may deceive the very elect…if possible.

Again the tension.
Yes....if possible.

"all"? First, that's impossible for anyone to accomplish. Second, should anyone believe that salvation is by anything they
may or may not do, they've missed the gospel, the Saviour and His grace.
Follow Jesus the best way you can. He doesn't ask us to do the impossible.

Thanks

I’m typing/thinking out loud. Funny how now concepts I thought I understood and accepted really truly make sense. I still see more tension than back when I liked rc sproul though.

The most important requirement of the gospel is impossible for natural man to accomplish.
natural yes But when the Holy spirit starts drawing us. we can then be saved the spirit quickens bring from the natural man to the regenerated / saved person Born Again :sohappy

natural yes But when the Holy spirit starts drawing us. we can then be saved the spirit quickens bring from the natural man to the regenerated / saved person Born Agai
If the Holy Spirit draws someone, then they have been saved. God does the saving, we don't. Being drawn
is the result of that, not its cause.

All must repent but only the elect are given grace to repent.
Repentance is a gift given by the Father to those saved upon His saving of them.
Repentance is repentance from a trust in any of our works for salvation unto Christ. It is
given as a fruit of the Spirit, but after the fact.

[Heb 6:1 KJV] 1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Repentance is a gift given by the Father to those saved upon His saving of them.
Repentance is repentance from a trust in any of our works for salvation unto Christ. It is
given as a fruit of the Spirit, but after the fact.

[Heb 6:1 KJV] 1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
A Call to Repentance
…4Or those eighteen who were killed when the tower of Siloam collapsed on them: Do you think that they were more sinful than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5No, I tell you. But unless you repent, you too will all perish.” 6Then Jesus told this parable: “A man had a fig tree that was planted in his vineyard. He went to look for fruit on it, but did not find any.… repentance is to turn from so when peter wrote

2 Peter 3:9

King James Version

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. i also realize the word all gives Calvinist heartburn

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back