Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

CAN A REFORMED BELIEVER FALL AWAY FROM FAITH?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thank you. I know that there are some people who only hold to the teachings of Jesus and disregard the rest of the Bible.
This is not what is being spoken of here.
You're referring to JESUS ONLY.

You're replying to something that is not being said.

As I asked another member,
Who are You following?
Whose disciple are You?

This is not what is being spoken of here.
You're referring to JESUS ONLY.

You're replying to something that is not being said.

As I asked another member,
Who are You following?
Whose disciple are You?
I am a disciple of the Bible. I follow the teachings of the Bible, Gospels, epistles, etc.

They lost their salvation
can i help out here? of course i can ... there is no scripture that says lost their salvation. nor is there scripture that says you cant.. there are scriptures that shows us just how secure our salvation is.. peter wrote Kept by the power of God . i think its jude who writes Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, there shows are security .. now the other side of the Coin
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

and it is correct the difference between apostasy and backsliding . i heard another preacher say one time. i am so saved i couldn't die and Go to hell if i wanted. that is fleshly remark. :topic

It's not even ranking scripture.
It's just understanding that it's Jesus that we follow.

If a letter or gospel is in the NT it means it has value for salvation.

But it's Jesus that saves.
Yes we are to follow the Lords example and become more like Him.

We are each commanded to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. And…

Warned to discern the spirits and told that we shall know a tree by the fruit it bears. And…

To examine ourselves to see that we are in Christ and not deceiving ourselves.

I’m left with a distinct impression of divine foreknowledge and also personal responsibility. Tension between the two…

can i help out here? of course i can ... there is no scripture that says lost their salvation. nor is there scripture that says you cant.. there are scriptures that shows us just how secure our salvation is.. peter wrote Kept by the power of God . i think its jude who writes Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, there shows are security .. now the other side of the Coin
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

and it is correct the difference between apostasy and backsliding . i heard another preacher say one time. i am so saved i couldn't die and Go to hell if i wanted. that is fleshly remark. :topic
I think you're right on topic.

It's just understanding that it's Jesus that we follow.
The Bible is an integrated whole written by God alone and must be understood as such. The Father moved Jesus as He moved the other writers to write what they wrote and to speak what they spoke in it. Nothing outside of the
Bible is to be considered as having any spiritual authority.

[Jhn 5:30 NIV]
30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

The Bible is to show us how to live., and be lights in the world.
Agreed 100%
Let's just remember that Jesus died for us.
There is no discrepancy between what He taught and what the Apostles taught...I'm just saying that IF there were, I'd go by what Jesus stated.

And we are told to run the race in such a way as to win. This implies strenuous effort and perseverance. Who provides frail fallen creatures with such? Why?

I lean towards the genuinely converted staying the course overall even with some falls here and there. Having written that…

We are warned that in the last days false prophets shall arise and they may deceive the very elect…if possible.

Again the tension.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back