Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Futurism&TheTemple

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Matters of understanding are also laid out in measures.

The natural man is simply not allowed to perceive or even have a CLUE about any of it. These remain in the first measure of Babylon, the language of confusions, arguing, bickering, damnations to each others. This is the captivity of the first Babylon.

In order to find understandings in one's own house, their own temple, they have to live by THE LAW OF THE HOUSE or they are slated to see exactly nothing.

The Law of the House, of our individual temple, is defined quite nicely by Paul in Romans 13:8-10.

Those who do not live and have their present life in HIS SPIRITUAL LAW are in fact outside the HOUSEHOLD of the faithful.

When they take up the LAW OF THE HOUSE they will be 'led in' and 'let in' to other matters. They will come out of the first Babylon. And will be shown the reality of the temple of the RICH and also of the TIMES.

But until God puts upon them THE LAW OF THE HOUSE they will remain outside and all understandings will be void.

That is why I only enjoy discussing these matters with members of the LAWFUL HOUSE.

enjoy!

s

And even with Os, although he may not see it the same way I do, I also know for no uncertain fact that he is a member of the lawful house.

s

Your statement from post 295 -

Is Daniel 9:26 referring to a "spiritual" temple or a natural temple?

And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.

Will see what you think you see above.

Who is the prince, who is the city, who is the sanctuary?

? ? ?

Will see what you think you see above.

Who is the prince, who is the city, who is the sanctuary?

? ? ?

Is the phrase from Daniel 9:26 -

And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.

Was this referring to the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD?

Thanks JLB

Is the phrase from Daniel 9:26 -

Was this referring to the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD?

Thanks JLB

There is a natural course in the text and there is a spiritual course in the same text.

Where there is violence in the city, these God will divide and destroy.

Psalm 55:9
Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues: for I have seen violence and strife in the city.

There is a natural course in the text and there is a spiritual course in the same text.

Where there is violence in the city, these God will divide and destroy.

Psalm 55:9
Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues: for I have seen violence and strife in the city.

I take it you are not going to answer my question with a direct answer.

Let's try it again.

Do you believe the city of Jerusalem and the temple there were destroyed in 70 AD?

Yes or No?

If yes, Do you believe Daniel 9:26, And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary, was a prophecy of that event?

Yes or No?

Thanks JLB

I take it you are not going to answer my question with a direct answer.

There are TWO LINES that ran upon that matter.

There was a NATURAL LINE that culminated with the destruction of the physical temple in Jerusalem by natural men.

There was nearly simultaneously a SPIRITUAL LINE that culminated near the same time as those same events in the flesh Body of Jesus Christ.

So which would you like to discuss?

? ? ?

There are TWO LINES that ran upon that matter.

There was a NATURAL LINE that culminated with the destruction of the physical temple in Jerusalem by natural men.

There was nearly simultaneously a SPIRITUAL LINE that culminated near the same time as those same events in the flesh Body of Jesus Christ.

So which would you like to discuss?

? ? ?

I would like to discuss the SPIRITUAL LINE that culminated near the same time as those same events in the flesh Body of Jesus Christ.

Let's start with the scripture you have that defines this event.JLB

If the end game is looking for another physical temple in Jerusalem, with animal sacrifices, not interested.

thx.

s

If the end game is looking for another physical temple in Jerusalem, with animal sacrifices, not interested.

thx.

s

I would like to hear what you say about a SPIRITUAL LINE that culminated near the same time as those same events in the flesh Body of Jesus Christ.

Please use scripture that pertains to this event.

Thanks JLB

The Flesh Body of Jesus was the beginning of the Temple Order in the spiritual sense and the destruction/scattering in Israel marked the END of the natural order.

I might suggest you are wasting your time in continuing to find understandings in the natural order.

s

Originally Posted By smaller,

The natural man is simply not allowed to perceive or even have a CLUE about any of it

Indeed. You and I certainly see this in the same way. It is God who blinds them:

Matthew 13:11 "He answered and said to them, 'Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.'"

2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie."

Ezekiel 14:9 "And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet"

God blinds those who "think they see":

John 9:39 "And Jesus said, '"For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who think they see may be made blind.'"

Paul gives us a closer look regarding this "God given" blindness:

1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Last edited by a moderator:
The Flesh Body of Jesus was the beginning of the Temple Order in the spiritual sense and the destruction/scattering in Israel marked the END of the natural order.

I might suggest you are wasting your time in continuing to find understandings in the natural order.

s

Thank you for your concern.

Please list the scriptures that pertain to a SPIRITUAL LINE that culminated near the same time as those same events in the flesh Body of Jesus Christ.

JLB

Indeed. You and I certainly see this in the same way. It is God who blinds them:

Matthew 13:11 "He answered and said to them, 'Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.'"

2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie."

Ezekiel 14:9 "And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet"

John 9:39 "And Jesus said, '"For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who think they see may be made blind.'"

1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Concerning Matthew 13 Jesus said -

12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

What is it one must have in order for God to give him more?

JLB

The importance of a certain genetic compound of men who are blinded building a temple on that dot on the map has about zero relevance to spiritual matters other than to show continuing blindness.

Indeed. We certainly see this in the same way. It is God who blinds them:

Thank you for your concern.

Please list the scriptures that pertain to a SPIRITUAL LINE that culminated near the same time as those same events in the flesh Body of Jesus Christ.

JLB

I mentioned no 'culmination.'

Jesus was the FIRST in the order of THE FLESH TEMPLE.

Israel's LAST TEMPLE was the END of the natural order and natural understandings of Gods Dealings with them.

s

I mentioned no 'culmination.'

Jesus was the FIRST in the order of THE FLESH TEMPLE.

Israel's LAST TEMPLE was the END of the natural order and natural understandings of Gods Dealings with them.

s

May 1948, what was that, but God gathering Natural Israel back into the covenant land as He promised.

4 And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws." Genesis 26:4-5

1 "Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!" says the Lord. 2 Therefore thus says the Lord God of Israel against the shepherds who feed My people: "You have scattered My flock, driven them away, and not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for the evil of your doings," says the Lord. 3 "But I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all countries where I have driven them, and bring them back to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. 4 I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, nor shall they be lacking," says the Lord. 5 "Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. 6 In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. 7 "Therefore, behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "that they shall no longer say, 'As the Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,' 8 but, 'As the Lord lives who brought up and led the descendants of the house of Israel from the north country and from all the countries where I had driven them.' And they shall dwell in their own land." Jeremiah 23:1-8

Naturally you have to understand that God is faithful to His Word!

JLB

The word which futurists believe refers to a future temple in Dan 9:26, is Strongs 6944, which is usually translated as 'holy'. In this case it is clearly not a future physical temple sanctuary, but the status of Christ era Jews as a set-apart people. This status was destroyed by the rebellious actions of first century Jews. The later physical destruction of their already desolate temple was just a ratification of their spiritual decent from a holy people back into the mass of the heathen. As the iconic symbol, in their way of thinking, of their status as God's people, the temple had to go once that status was forfeit. However, Judaism's real sanctuary, the refuge which set them apart from Gentiles, had always been their status as God's People; granted by God, not built by human hands.

May 1948, what was that, but God gathering Natural Israel back into the covenant land as He promised.

Call it what you will. Were they gathered in Christ? Will they build in Christ?

No.

The entirety of those matters remain the futile exercises of natural blinded men engaged in natural blinded external exercises just like any other common religion.

Trying to 'stake' your 'end time' sights on them will amount to nothing.

s

The word which futurists believe refers to a future temple in Dan 9:26, is Strongs 6944, which is usually translated as 'holy'. In this case it is clearly not a future physical temple sanctuary, but the status of Christ era Jews as a set-apart people. This status was destroyed by the rebellious actions of first century Jews. The later physical destruction of their already desolate temple was just a ratification of their spiritual decent from a holy people back into the mass of the heathen. As the iconic symbol, in their way of thinking, of their status as God's people, the temple had to go once that status was forfeit. However, Judaism's real sanctuary, the refuge which set them apart from Gentiles, had always been their status as God's People; granted by God, not built by human hands.

Daniel 9:26 refers to the destruction of the Physical city of Jerusalem and the Physical temple.

...And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.

Daniel 9:24 -27 deals with the restoration of the city and temple that was destroyed by the Babylonians, as well as the destruction of the that very same temple by the Romans and the rebuilding of the temple in verse 27 with the resuming of sacrifice and offerings.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back