Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Futurism&TheTemple

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Good, you have circled back to the OP;

Should the predictions of yet another temple be correct it should not be too much to ask wrt the WHY... What reason would God have in restoring the temple?

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

JLB

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

JLB
And you see a temple building prophecy in there?

Anyway right here is where you claimed it was;

The temple will be built during Daniel's 70th week which was prophesied to come to pass.

And you see a temple building prophecy in there?

4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

JLB

And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.

4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

JLB
Perhaps you could highlight the part that says a new temple will be built, I missed it again.

15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), Matthew 24:15

your understanding of this verse says there will be a holy place in that temple built by man?

One thing for sure we agree one JLB we agree on this quote...
I just choose not to ignore what I see in the scriptures.

Thanks for being direct :)

Perhaps you could highlight the part that says a new temple will be built, I missed it again.

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

The Lawless one will be alive on Planet Earth when Jesus Christ physically returns to the earth and He will destroy him.

Has this event happened yet?

JLB

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

The Lawless one will be alive on Planet Earth when Jesus Christ physically returns to the earth and He will destroy him.

JLB
The temple will be built during Daniel's 70th week which was prophesied to come to pass.

Were is this prophecy?

It appears you havnt got one.

Were is this prophecy?

Please answer my question, as I have answered yours.

JLB

Please answer my question, as I have answered yours.
OK ,soonas you remind me where the post is in which you quoted this prophecy, I've been reading and havnt seen it yet.

Were is this prophecy? Where is the post containing the quote ?

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. [

JLB
Im not going to let you change the subject, you made three bold claims

1; A new temple built

2. It will happen in Dan's 70th week,

3. which was prophesied This has to mean you know of prophecy that contains all three elements.

Post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Were is this prophecy?

26 "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

At this point in the prophecy were have arrived at the year 70 AD and the prophecy is still running.

So that puts the 70th week some time after the year 70 AD.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."

Clearly there is temple "language" involved in the 70th week, after the "city and sanctuary" are destroyed in 70 AD!

Sometime after 70 AD there will be a temple rebuilt in order to accommodate the "language" of verse 27.

At this point in time we are waiting for this prophecy to be fulfilled!

Based on the evidence associated with this website, it will be sooner rather than later!

http://www.templeinstitute.org/main.htm

JLB

26 "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

At this point in the prophecy were have arrived at the year 70 AD and the prophecy is still running.

So that puts the 70th week some time after the year 70 AD.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."

Clearly there is temple "language" involved in the 70th week, after the "city and sanctuary" are destroyed in 70 AD!

Sometime after 70 AD there will be a temple rebuilt in order to accommodate the "language" of verse 27.

At this point in time we are waiting for this prophecy to be fulfilled!

Based on the evidence associated with this website, it will be sooner rather than later!

http://www.templeinstitute.org/main.htm

JLB
I didnt ask about your subjective interpretations. You made specific and bold claims , back them up . There is not one word in post 352 that says anything about building another temple. Either you know where this prophecy is or you dont , if you do know post it.

There is your claim, where is the prophecy?

I didnt ask about your subjective interpretations. You made specific and bold claims , back them up . There is not one word in post 352 that says anything about building another temple. Either you know where this prophecy is or you dont , if you do know post it.

There is your claim, where is the prophecy?

Can you read black and white!

Do you understand what the phrase sacrifice and offering means!

Don't even act like you don't, it's right there in black and white, sacrifice and offerings being conducted AFTER the temple is destroyed in verse 26!

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

Can you see what that says - an end to sacrifice and offering.

An end to sacrifice and offering AFTER the temple is clearly destroyed in 70 AD!

JLB

Can you read black and white!

Do you understand what the phrase sacrifice and offering means!
It means sacrifice and offerings, its does not mean building construction .
Don't even act like you don't, it's right there in black and white, sacrifice and offerings being conducted AFTER the temple is destroyed in verse 26!

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

Can you see what that says - an end to sacrifice and offering.

An end to sacrifice and offering AFTER the temple is clearly destroyed in 70 AD!

JLB
So where is the prophecy that says another temple will be constructed? Nothing in post #354 says a word about a building program.

It looks more and more like you really dont have that prophecy, but if you do ,post it.

When you make a specific claim you need equally specific support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to point this out to further confuse the futurists. According to the old testament, nobody needs a temple for sacrifice or offering, just a pile of rocks (same thing really). It's ironic that the temple institute guys don't realize this, but it points to the possibility that their desire for a temple has more to do with religious vanity than a desire to please God.

I just want to point this out to further confuse the futurists. According to the old testament, nobody needs a temple for sacrifice or offering, just a pile of rocks (same thing really). It's ironic that the temple institute guys don't realize this, but it points to the possibility that their desire for a temple has more to do with religious vanity than a desire to please God.

One of the more astute comments I've seen lately.

It might seem that God was always more interested in the people than the building.

The origin of your statement is evident in the choice of your language.

God is not the author of confusion.

Since the time Solomon built the first temple The only authorized place of sacrifice for the Jews is the temple mount on Mount Moriah.

Even them I will bring to My holy mountain, And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices Will be accepted on My altar; For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations."
Isaiah 56:7

For on My holy mountain, on the mountain height of Israel," says the Lord God, "there all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, shall serve Me; there I will accept them, and there I will require your offerings and the firstfruits of your sacrifices, together with all your holy things. Ezekiel 20:40

1 Now Solomon began to build the house of the Lord at Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the Lord had appeared to his father David, at the place that David had prepared on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite. 2 Chronicles 3:1

The Lord showing this even in the days of Abraham.

Then He said, "Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you." Genesis 22:2

JLB

OK ,soonas you remind me where the post is in which you quoted this prophecy, I've been reading and havnt seen it yet.

Were is this prophecy? Where is the post containing the quote ?

Im not going to let you change the subject, you made three bold claims

1; A new temple built

2. It will happen in Dan's 70th week,

3. which was prophesied This has to mean you know of prophecy that contains all three elements.

Post it.

Daniels 70th week which is contained in Daniel 9:27 is the prophecy which contains all three elements.

• Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; This is the 70th week, which is contained in the 27th verse of Daniel 9.

• But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand).

For there to be a holy place for the abomination of desolation to stand in, there has to be a temple, for there to be a holy place!

Jesus refereed to Daniel
, in Daniel 9:27 is sacrifice and offering resuming again after the temple is destroyed in verse 26. In verse 27 is the 70th week, in which sacrifices and offerings are resumed and according to Jesus, there will be a holy place, which means there will be another temple.

All three elements are contained in Daniel 9:27!

Daniels 70th week which is contained in Daniel 9:27 is the prophecy which contains all three elements.

• Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; This is the 70th week, which is contained in the 27th verse of Daniel 9.

• But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand).

For there to be a holy place for the abomination of desolation to stand in, there has to be a temple, for there to be a holy place!

Jesus refereed to Daniel
, in Daniel 9:27 is sacrifice and offering resuming again after the temple is destroyed in verse 26. In verse 27 is the 70th week, in which sacrifices and offerings are resumed and according to Jesus, there will be a holy place, which means there will be another temple.

All three elements are contained in Daniel 9:27!

JLB, you have taken a premise, that some 'man' is going to be standing in a physical temple and usurping sacrifices.

There are other ways to approach these matters other than taking a premise and trying to squeeze understandings into the text to fit same.

Here is a short track example.

We know that in the N.T. the Temple is in fact the body of believers.

We also know that sacrifices are not the sacrifices of animals. There are sacrifices of praise, prayers, psalms, hymns, services to the people, etc etc that are considered 'offerings and sacrifices' to God.

You getting the picture here?

The rote insistence that there must be a physical temple of brick and block in Jerusalem are NOT a requirement to get to the end game.

s

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back