Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Futurism&TheTemple

JLB, you have taken a premise, that some 'man' is going to be standing in a physical temple and usurping sacrifices.

There are other ways to approach these matters other than taking a premise and trying to squeeze understandings into the text to fit same.

Here is a short track example.

We know that in the N.T. the Temple is in fact the body of believers.

We also know that sacrifices are not the sacrifices of animals. There are sacrifices of praise, prayers, psalms, hymns, services to the people, etc etc that are considered 'offerings and sacrifices' to God.

You getting the picture here?

The rote insistence that there must be a physical temple of brick and block in Jerusalem are NOT a requirement to get to the end game.

s

Is Daniel 9:26 referring to a Natural Temple in Jerusalem made of "brick and stone" or a Spiritual Temple made up of believers?

26 "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

Natural Temple or Spiritual Temple?

JLB

Is Daniel 9:26 referring to a Natural Temple in Jerusalem made of "brick and stone" or a Spiritual Temple made up of believers?

26 "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

JLB

In Gods Economy the temples constructed by MAN are no longer in play, period.

Even if one were to be built it would mean nothing.

Gods Full INtentions are to abide WITHIN the people of Israel, NOT in a brick and mortar temple.

s

This is on the slate of the heart for Israel and for 'all' who are 'drawn' into the mystery of faith.

Even the term 'Israel' means GOD PREVAILS. It is not a GENETIC COMPOUND, but God Himself Prevailing WITHIN those whom He Calls and writes upon.

Jeremiah 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

The Intention of God, which will NOT be swayed, IS ENTRY into the FLESH TEMPLE.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

This INtention of God will not and can not be swayed.

There has been and is today, an 'internal enemy' that was ordained to keep this from happening sooner. This IS the enemy that will be DRIVEN OUT fiercely by God Himself in MAN and that effort will not and can not be swayed:

Hosea 4:12

My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God.

Hosea 5:4

They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not known the LORD.

That spirit of whoredoms is an INTERNAL DEFILING of the temple of MAN.

God can walk right in, set right down, right here, right now in ANY that He so chooses to do. That spirit of whoredoms is NOTHING to God. Absolutely nothing.

But there are courses and time that are set by God for these matters that will be accomplished and achieved.

There is not a one of us standing on earth today that doesn't have the SAME ISSUES that Israel of the Old Testament had WITHIN.

Lucifer for example was called A MAN in the Old Testament and is in fact THE DEVIL.

It is not hard to connect the dot here that 'we all have sin' and 'sin is of the devil.'

Where then does the usurper of the TEMPLE sit?

Uh, hello.

It is revealed right before your own eyes. Yet those who are blinded to this matter can NOT see it for all the tea in china because God has not yet SHOWN them this reality.

But He has shown SOME.

So, don't be late to the party! The CALL is in fact GOING OUT.

s

I just want to point this out to further confuse the futurists. According to the old testament, nobody needs a temple for sacrifice or offering, just a pile of rocks (same thing really). It's ironic that the temple institute guys don't realize this, but it points to the possibility that their desire for a temple has more to do with religious vanity than a desire to please God.

The origin of your statement is evident in the choice of your language.

God is not the author of confusion.

Since the time Solomon built the first temple The only authorized place of sacrifice for the Jews is the temple mount on Mount Moriah.

Even them I will bring to My holy mountain, And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices Will be accepted on My altar; For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations."
Isaiah 56:7

For on My holy mountain, on the mountain height of Israel," says the Lord God, "there all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, shall serve Me; there I will accept them, and there I will require your offerings and the firstfruits of your sacrifices, together with all your holy things. Ezekiel 20:40

1 Now Solomon began to build the house of the Lord at Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the Lord had appeared to his father David, at the place that David had prepared on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite. 2 Chronicles 3:1

The Lord showing this even in the days of Abraham.

Then He said, "Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you." Genesis 22:2

JLB

If you think I'm God, then you are confused.:confused

Your assertion is not supported by the scripture you provided. Of course God accepted some temple sacrifices, but not all. Further, Elijah dramatically proved that God would accept sacrifices without the temple long after it was built.

Originally posted by smaller,

It is not hard to connect the dot here that 'we all have sin' and 'sin is of the devil.'

Uh, hello.

It is revealed right before your own eyes. Yet those who are blinded to this matter can NOT see it for all the tea in china because God has not yet SHOWN them this reality.

But He has shown SOME.

So, don't be late to the party! The CALL is in fact GOING OUT

And as you know, only God can open the eyes of the [spiritually] blind.

John 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts,
Lest they should see with their eyes,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them."

Even when the Holy Spirit opens our eyes, the path ahead is difficult. We must shed all of our old traditions of men we have clung onto for so long.

Once the realization of the "true Temple" comes upon us, our entire paradigm has to change.

For example,

Revelation 16:1 " And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth."

Since WE ARE "the temple of God" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17), it is obvious that this "great voice from within the temple" is Christ and His Words speaking to us from WITHIN US. The seven last plagues are poured out at the behest of this "great voice" which emanates "out of the temple" (which WE ARE). What this tells us is that God really does all that He does through Christ whom the Father has sent to do His will on this "Earth".

Since this voice comes "out of the temple" and WE, in Christ, ARE the temple, it follows that we are sent by Christ to do all that Christ does. What that means is that we are called to live the life He lived. That is exactly what Christ has told us. Just as His Father operates all through Him, He also operates all through His anointed and sent ones; through His Christ; through His anointed:

John 20:21 " Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

2 Corinthians 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed
[Greek - Chrio, Christed, or anointed] us, is God;

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world."

Indeed, when the Spirit of Truth finally comes upon us and reveals the Truth, there is a long road ahead to where we can finally shake the dust (earth = carnal-minded ways) of Babylon's traditions from our feet and "follow the Lamb whithersoever He goeth."

Last edited by a moderator:
2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

John 20:21 " Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

2 Corinthians 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed[/COLOR] [Greek - Chrio, Christed, or anointed] us, is God;

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world."

Indeed, when the Spirit of Truth finally comes upon us and reveals the Truth, there is a long road ahead to where we can finally shake the dust (earth = carnal-minded ways) of Babylon's traditions from our feet and "follow the Lamb whithersoever He goeth."

LOL - Yup, open my eyes Lord

I even had the washing of feet wrong at one time!!

This is on the slate of the heart for Israel and for 'all' who are 'drawn' into the mystery of faith.

Even the term 'Israel' means GOD PREVAILS. It is not a GENETIC COMPOUND, but God Himself Prevailing WITHIN those whom He Calls and writes upon.

Jeremiah 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

The Intention of God, which will NOT be swayed, IS ENTRY into the FLESH TEMPLE.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

This INtention of God will not and can not be swayed.

There has been and is today, an 'internal enemy' that was ordained to keep this from happening sooner. This IS the enemy that will be DRIVEN OUT fiercely by God Himself in MAN and that effort will not and can not be swayed:

Hosea 4:12

My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God.

Hosea 5:4

They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not known the LORD.

That spirit of whoredoms is an INTERNAL DEFILING of the temple of MAN.

God can walk right in, set right down, right here, right now in ANY that He so chooses to do. That spirit of whoredoms is NOTHING to God. Absolutely nothing.

But there are courses and time that are set by God for these matters that will be accomplished and achieved.

There is not a one of us standing on earth today that doesn't have the SAME ISSUES that Israel of the Old Testament had WITHIN.

Lucifer for example was called A MAN in the Old Testament and is in fact THE DEVIL.

Uh, hello.

But He has shown SOME.

So, don't be late to the party! The CALL is in fact GOING OUT.

s

I'm sure you are very spiritual and all, but you can't seem to answer a simple question.

I understand if you don't know the answer, just say you don't know.

You don't have to keep making references to how blind I am, just answer a simple question.

Let's try it again -

JLB

Originally posted by JLB,

Let's try it again -

Natural Temple
or Spiritual Temple?

I do not mean to speak for someone else, but smaller has answered that NUMEROUS times, one of those times being:

Originally posted by smaller,

In Gods Economy the temples constructed by MAN are no longer in play, period.

Even if one were to be built it would mean nothing.

Gods Full INtentions are to abide WITHIN the people of Israel, NOT in a brick and mortar temple.

You are basing ALL of your subsequent beliefs with regard to this subject on the erroneous claim that assumes the 70TH WEEK is broken off from the other 69 WEEKS and placed thousands of years into the future. The Bible says NO SUCH THING, and doesn't even hint at anything remotely close to that. The idea (C.I. Scofield's idea) that the 70 Weeks is not 70 consecutive weeks (490 consecutive years), but the 70th week is placed thousands of years into the future is artificial and contrived. It is NOT Scriptural. If you believe it is, show me THOROUGHLY and BIBLICALLY. My point: you have been given the answer to your questions over and over again, but they are not the answers YOU WANT TO HEAR. Why don't you simply believe what is written, rather than crazy theories devised in the imaginations of men? The Apostles give the answer over and over, but you simply ignore the answer:

• Acts 7:47-48 "But Solomon built Him a house. However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands."

• 1 Corinthians 3:11 "For NO OTHER FOUNDATION CAN ANYONE LAY than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

• 1 Corinthians 3:16 "Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
    1 Corinthians 3:17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God IS HOLY, which temple you are."

• 2 Corinthians 6:16 "And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God."

• 1 Peter 2:5 "You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

• 1 Corinthians 3:9 "For we are God's fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God's building."

• Hebrews 8:4-5 "For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle."

• Revelation 3:12 "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God."

• Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
    Romans 2:29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God."

• Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
  • Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

I'm sure you are very spiritual and all, but you can't seem to answer a simple question.

I understand if you don't know the answer, just say you don't know.

You don't have to keep making references to how blind I am, just answer a simple question.

Let's try it again -

JLB

There was the 'ending' of the natural temple after the 'entrance' of the Spiritual Temple therein.

If that isn't a most beautiful picture I don't know what is.

s

Revelation 16:1 " And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth."

Since WE ARE "the temple of God" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17), it is obvious that this "great voice from within the temple" is Christ and His Words speaking to us from WITHIN US. The seven last plagues are poured out at the behest of this "great voice" which emanates "out of the temple" (which WE ARE). What this tells us is that God really does all that He does through Christ whom the Father has sent to do His will on this "Earth".

Since this voice comes "out of the temple" and WE, in Christ, ARE the temple, it follows that we are sent by Christ to do all that Christ does. What that means is that we are called to live the life He lived. That is exactly what Christ has told us. Just as His Father operates all through Him, He also operates all through His anointed and sent ones; through His Christ; through His anointed:

Ya know Os, I'd post at this site for decades in order to share that matter of LIGHT as you have shown above.

Absolutely BRILLIANT.

s

p.s. meant to say sometimes one has to post for decades with others to find a sliver of LIGHT. Those kinds of gems are well beyond any 'human' form of value.

1Co_15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Daniels 70th week which is contained in Daniel 9:27 is the prophecy which contains all three elements.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."
Nothing here about a construction project
  • Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; This is the 70th week, which is contained in the 27th verse of Daniel 9.
  • hmmm nothing here either
  • But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand).
No building project here
For there to be a holy place for the abomination of desolation to stand in, there has to be a temple, for there to be a holy place!
And the4 Jews had to have a splendorous king, so like you, they imagined one, and received their just reward
Jesus refereed to Daniel
, in Daniel 9:27 is sacrifice and offering resuming again after the temple is destroyed in verse 26. In verse 27 is the 70th week, in which sacrifices and offerings are resumed and according to Jesus, there will be a holy place, which means there will be another temple.

All three elements are contained in Daniel 9:27!
Well theres no building program.

Theres not a single word about sacrifices being resumed, you added that to scripture tsk tsk

There is a 70th week though. And it matter not a bit how many thousands of years you add to Dan's prophecy , no amount of time can change 'sacrfices and offerings' into 'new construction ' project.

You have failed on both your gross overstatement and the specifics you claimed were contained in prophecy. And you will so long as you insist that the cart needs to be in front of the horse.

You have presented a clear demonstration of this sort of error. Which was ,by half, the reason for the thread in the first place.

I do not mean to speak for someone else, but smaller has answered that NUMEROUS times, one of those times being:

You are basing ALL of your subsequent beliefs with regard to this subject on the erroneous claim that assumes the 70TH WEEK is broken off from the other 69 WEEKS and placed thousands of years into the future. The Bible says NO SUCH THING, and doesn't even hint at anything remotely close to that. The idea (C.I. Scofield's idea) that the 70 Weeks is not 70 consecutive weeks (490 consecutive years), but the 70th week is placed thousands of years into the future is artificial and contrived. It is NOT Scriptural. If you believe it is, show me THOROUGHLY and BIBLICALLY. My point: you have been given the answer to your questions over and over again, but they are not the answers YOU WANT TO HEAR. Why don't you simply believe what is written, rather than crazy theories devised in the imaginations of men? The Apostles give the answer over and over, but you simply ignore the answer:

• Acts 7:47-48 "But Solomon built Him a house. However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands."
  • 1 Corinthians 3:11 "For NO OTHER FOUNDATION CAN ANYONE LAY than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
  • 1 Corinthians 3:16 "Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
    1 Corinthians 3:17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God IS HOLY, which temple you are."
  • 2 Corinthians 6:16 "And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God."
  • 1 Peter 2:5 "You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."
  • 1 Corinthians 3:9 "For we are God's fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God's building."
  • Hebrews 8:4-5 "For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle."
  • Revelation 3:12 "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God."
  • Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
    Romans 2:29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God."
  • Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
  • Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

You nor smaller has answered my question, you keep listing scriptures about:

• Abraham's seed
  • A Jew inwardly
  • We are the temple
  • The Most High does not dwell...
All of which I totally agree with!
None of which has anything to do with Daniel 9:26!

Choose A or B, in reference to my question.

Is Daniel 9:26 referring to the destruction of a natural temple built in Jerusalem or a spiritual temple made up of believers?

A.) Natural Temple built in Jerusalem.

B.) Spiritual Temple made up of believers.

JLB

Nothing here about a construction project hmmm nothing here either No building project here And the4 Jews had to have a splendorous king, so like you, they imagined one, and received their just reward Well theres no building program.
If the temple was destroyed and temple practices start up again then that would indicate a different temple. As Jesus said... as spoken of by the prophet Daniel... standing in the holy place!

Theres not a single word about sacrifices being resumed, you added that to scripture tsk tsk
Not a single scripture here to back up what you say. You made some bold statements against what Jesus taught as well as Daniel and Paul. Now back it up!

There is a 70th week though. And it matter not a bit how many thousands of years you add to Dan's prophecy , no amount of time can change 'sacrfices and offerings' into 'new construction ' project.
No scripture here either! More opinion! Ho Hummmmm! Yawn!!

You have failed on both your gross overstatement and the specifics you claimed were contained in prophecy. And you will so long as you insist that the cart needs to be in front of the horse.
More opinion, no scripture. BLAH Blah Blah!

You have presented a clear demonstration of this sort of error. Which was ,by half, the reason for the thread in the first place
Hopefully the other half will at least have something in the way of scripture!

JLB

John 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts,
Lest they should see with their eyes,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them."

Even when the Holy Spirit opens our eyes, the path ahead is difficult. We must shed all of our old traditions of men we have clung onto for so long.

Once the realization of the "true Temple" comes upon us, our entire paradigm has to change.

For example,

2 Corinthians 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed
[Greek - Chrio, Christed, or anointed] us, is God;

Based on this scripture, does God dwell in a temple in heaven?

5 After these things I looked, and behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened. 6 And out of the temple came the seven angels having the seven plagues, clothed in pure bright linen, and having their chests girded with golden bands. 7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God who lives forever and ever. 8 The temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power, and no one was able to enter the temple till the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed. Revelation 15:5-8

JLB

Based on this scripture, does God dwell in a temple in heaven?

5 After these things I looked, and behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened. 6 And out of the temple came the seven angels having the seven plagues, clothed in pure bright linen, and having their chests girded with golden bands. 7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God who lives forever and ever. 8 The temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power, and no one was able to enter the temple till the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed. Revelation 15:5-8

JLB

The question is: "Where is Heaven?"

First, what, or "Who" is "the earth" of verse Revelation 16:1?

Revelation 16:1" And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth."

"Who" (not "what") is the "earth" that will receive the vials of wrath? We need not guess:

Jeremiah 22:29 "O earth, earth, earth, HEAR the word of the LORD."

"Who" is addressed to "hear the word of the LORD?"

The Earth is US. The Earth is "the flesh man" - the "carnal-minded man". "The earth" in scripture symbolizes (old) Adam and all who are in him. It is WE, who as "the earth", including the sea and the fountains of waters, are those upon whom all these last plagues are poured, before we can enter into the temple of God in heaven.

The "MAN OF SIN" is "US" - our "OLD MAN" that must be destroyed by "THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS COMING."

Consider what is said here:

Revelation 10:7 "But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets."

"In the days... (not in THE DAY, singular - but "THE DAYS") when he shall begin to sound (not sound.....but BEGIN to sound) the mystery of God should be finished...filling up the wrath of God", makes it abundantly clear that this is all speaking of an ongoing process (IN THE DAYS of the voice of the seventh angel). This "ongoing" process of judgment within "the earth" which is 'US', and it all adds up to the fact that this book cannot be unsealed to be read, heard or kept... till the seven plagues of the seven angels has been fulfilled within our lives - ALL OF US.

Jeremiah 22:29 "O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD."

Revelation 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
Revelation 22:8 And I John [and you and me, Lord willing] saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Revelation 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets [of "the earth" that "hears these things"], and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
Revelation 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Paul gives us the answer to "where" Heaven is:

Colossians 1:27 "To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of THIS MYSTERY, which is CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory."

"The time is at hand" that "the mystery of God...Christ IN YOU, the hope of glory...should be finished" in "the earth", within each of us.

That is why this prophecy is called "the revelation of Jesus Christ" (Revelation 1:1). This book is all about the revelation of Jesus Christ within His elect, and that is why we are admonished in the third verse of the first chapter, and the 10th verse of the last chapter, to "keep the things written therein, for the time is at hand".

The "time is ALWAYS at hand!". Not only some time in the future, or to the specific generation Jesus and the Apostles personally addressed - the time is ALWAYS at hand.....at ALL times......for EVERYONE!

"Heaven," is not a geographical location with a physical city called 'New Jerusalem' as its capitol. Heaven, as revealed in scripture, is in the hearts and minds of God's elect saints. "Heaven" was created by God "in the beginning."

God has no beginning so 'heaven' has not always existed. God is not contained by the heavens. Nevertheless He tells us, for our benefit that...

"...The LORD he is God in heaven above..."(Deuteronomy 4:39, and), "Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne..." (Isaiah 66:1).

Remember Jacob's Ladder?

Genesis 28:10 "And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.
Genesis 28:11 And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.
Genesis 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it."

And who does Christ tell us this ladder with angels represents?

John 1:51 "And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man."

Genesis 28:16 And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not.
Genesis 28:17 And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.

And indeed Christ is the only way to the Father.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:7 "Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

John 14:20 "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."

John 14:5 "Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also [and "be seated with Him in heaven" (Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him").

John 14:8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father [and is 'seated in heaven.']; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me [In heaven]? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father [in heaven], and the Father in me [in heaven]: or else believe me for the very works' sake."

"The natural man" is expecting a "physical heaven" with all of its physical amenities, which "the natural man" maintains are both physical.........yet at the same time, spiritual. As you can see from above, that is not the case. As Jesus said:

John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Back