Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Futurism&TheTemple

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Paul does not say of the man of sin, or the man of lawlessness, that he is BORN - but that he is REVEALED. It does not say that he suddenly emerges upon the world scene, nor that he seizes political power, nor that he marshals vast armies - but simply that he is REVEALED!

The whole world has been waiting for the man of sin to be revealed, and now by the grace of the Holy Spirit HE IS BEING REVEALED as the Lord makes known to His apprehended ones the awful depth of our own carnal minds, self-will, and inherent sin faithfully and relentlessly purging, refining, crushing, and stripping us of all that pertains to the self-ego of Adam's nature.

The "MAN OF SIN" is REVEALED to each of us PERSONALLY! He is not "publicly revealed" to the world as an individual King or world ruler, he is revealed WITHIN US, each one of us.

The destruction of the man of sin comes AT THE TIME HE IS REVEALED:

2 Thessalonians 2:8 "And THEN shall that Wicked be REVEALED, whom the Lord shall CONSUME with the spirit of His MOUTH, and shall DESTROY with the brightness of His coming."

Paul says: "The Lord shall consume with The Spirit of His MOUTH."

Again, as I mentioned in my last post;

Revelation 19:21 "And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the MOUTH of Him who sat on the horse, and all the fowls were filled with THEIR FLESH."

Here is what that "sword" is:

Hebrews 4:12 "For the WORD OF GOD is living and powerful, and sharper than any TWO-EDGED SWORD."

John 6:63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. THE WORDS that I SPEAK to you; THEY ARE SPIRIT, they are LIFE"

This man of sin within will do everything in his power to conceal his identity, for his discovery is his undoing! He is hidden, not to God and Christ, but to the man who is NOT walking in the SPIRIT. As our lives become exposed to the life and light of Christ the MAN OF SIN IS REVEALED, uncovered, exposed - then to be dealt with, destroyed, consumed by the bright-burning of the arising of the Day Star within our hearts.

If the cunning, craftiness, subtleness, deceitfulness, treachery, and wickedness of OUR OWN carnal mind is being uncovered, revealed, exposed by the Spirit's dealings, then know, that THE HOUR OF HIS DESTRUCTION IS AT HAND! The order is: REVEALED! ... DESTROYED! ... GLORY!

Thanks for your explanation of how the man of sin will occupy the body of believers all at the same time.

It all makes sense now.

Thanks Pastor Dave

We should try and remember for the most part we are brothers and sisters in the Lord.... We are at different learning levels. Different understandings.... From different backgrounds.... Lets see if we can be a bit more respectful to one another.
For my self i can remember watching Israel to see when that temple was going to be built.. Do i read Scripture today as i did then? nope, but i am as much 'saved' today as yesteryear.

Please take this as an official warning.. reba

Thanks for your explanation of how the man of sin will occupy the body of believers all at the same time.

It all makes sense now.

Thanks Pastor Dave

You've got it all mixed up. I'm not the one who was posting about the man of sin sitting in the temple. I responded to that post. Please go back and read again and you'll see that you initially asked another poster and then mixed me up for him.

:confused Maybe we should start over

I'm not Pastor Dave. I'm brother Pete, (a.k.a. Osgiliath)

Originally posted by JLB,

It all makes sense now.

Where is the Bible does it say anything about "the man of sin occupying the body of believers all at the same time?" Neither the Bible, nor I said anything about "all at the same time." You're assuming this "occupation of the temple" is a "ONE TIME EVENT" sometime in the future. The Scriptures say quite the opposite actually:

1 Corinthians 15:22-23 "For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ ALL shall be made alive. But EVERY MAN IN HIS OWN ORDER: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming.

The Bible says: "EVERY MAN....... IN HIS OWN ORDER!"

You're assuming that is what is supposed to happen, based on ideas and traditions that are not to be found in Scripture...... even though these ideas and traditions are popular (i.e. - "Left Behind" series, etc.)

God's plan of salvation requires that mankind be created with a nature that is as self-centered as any ravenous beast on earth. Adam was created with a very proud nature which, when incited to do so, will literally enthrone and worship himself.

Genesis 3:4 "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Genesis 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and YE SHALL BE AS GODS, knowing good and evil."

The desire to be "as gods" was in the nature GIVEN Adam by his Creator (obviously, or they wouldn't have - or rather, COULDN'T have sinned), and the Adversary's assigned task was to incite that sinful nature to seek to serve and worship its own desires. To this very day "we all... by nature," worship that sinful nature within our flesh:

2 Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

That "man of sin sitting in the temple of God, showing himself to be God," is YOU and ME.

When we do this, we are, by the nature which God himself has placed into our flesh from birth, "the children of disobedience." As "the children of disobedience" we are then "walking according to...the prince of the power of the air," Satan himself, and are thus "worshiping the dragon."

Ephesians 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also WE ALL had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

Revelation 13:1 "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

We ALL ...... are "children of disobedience" and thereby children of "the prince of the power of the air." This is especially true of all of us as we profess to know Christ and are still slaves to our flesh and our proud carnal minds.

Here is what Christ had to say to his proud carnal followers who "BELIEVED ON HIM." (Yes, to those WHO BELIEVED ON HIM):

John 8:31 "Then said Jesus to those Jews which BELIEVED ON HIM, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."

Proclaiming one's own righteousness, not even realizing that we are all created in bondage to sin, is a necessary evil in our walk, but not a good place in which to remain. Anyone who proclaims his own righteousness "is the servant of sin" and will inevitably "seek to kill Christ" (within). We believe in Christ and yet we "cannot receive His words and we seek to kill Him."

John 8:37 "I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
John 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
John 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, [even] God.
John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

"If we are Abraham's children then we would do the works of Abraham," and if we do the works of Satan, then we are "of our father the devil," and we worship him as our father.

Revelation 13:4 "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

ALL of this is by God's design, and it is all within each and every one of us as creatures which are "in Adam." We all must live by "every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God", and keep the things written therein." We are ALL "of our father the devil" 'UNTIL' the man of sin is dethroned and we 'then' become the SONS of our Heavenly Father, in His IMAGE and LIKENESS - EVERY MAN.... IN HIS OWN ORDER (1 Corinthians 15:22-23).

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we know that the Jewish Messiah is Jesus, who also happens to be God the Son, it can be understood that any false messiah who is accepted by supposed believers in God, is in fact standing in for Jesus, and therefore standing in for God. Three woes for anyone who follows a false messiah; at least that is how it played out historically.

4) Here we have the Jews who, for some reason, have no problem with Jesus sitting on the Mercy Seat in the Holy of Holies, which is obviously where God would sit of course and this is an ignored problem by the Futurists, because they do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah, which means that to them, He would be committing an abomination by even entering the Holy of Holies, let alone setting up camp in it! They would be dragging Him out into the street and stoning Him, not worshipping Him!

5) If the Jews did actually believe that Jesus was the Messiah, meaning as the church believes in Him and not just as some "war lord", then they would know that the temple is past history, because He is the one time sacrifice! Of course, I probably should note here that even most "Christians" today, since most are Futurists, look at Jesus as some war lord. After all, what is it that they're waiting on Him for? To go out and fight a war, right?

This is fantastic!:rolling

Originally posted by Pastor Dave,

Most "Christians" today, since most are Futurists, look at Jesus as some war lord. After all, what is it that they're waiting on Him for? To go out and fight a war, right?

Most "Christians" today look at Jesus as not only some war lord, but also as a sadistic, tyrannical torturer; who will burn most of His creatures with fire throughout the endless ages of eternity because of an ego-problem that He has for anyone who won't 'believe' in Him while in their 'God-given' state of blindness.

How can a "man" occupy another person's body?

Any casual read of the Gospels will show Jesus to have cast out MANY demons from the 'temple' of PEOPLE.

In fact one would have to be nearly and entirely blind to miss that fact.

Yet here you are, scratching your head?

I could site numerous scriptures from the N.T. showing this to be a certain fact, even for believers, even for Apostles.

And you still would not see it because eventually the information has to be taken 'personally' and the man of sin in the temple of PEOPLE does not allow that sight to his blinded ones.

Such is the fate of 'captives.' Nothing I can do about it, really, other than to point to the facts in the Hope of Gods call OUT of that captivity.

s

[*]Goliath; who defied the Lord's army, was 6 cubits tall. His spearhead weighed 600 shekels of iron.
[*]Nebuchadnezzar's great image, set up in the plain of Dura, was 60 by 6 cubits.
[/LIST]
[/B]

The dimensions of Nebuchadnezzar's great image was 10 times the height of Goliath; and with the passage of time, the dimensions "increase" another ten times when we get to Revelation 13:18. This is because:

2 Timothy 3:13 "But evil MEN and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived."

Just a note of appreciation of such sights from others.

Goliath also had six fingers and toes.

Many of the works of Satan are brought forth in such typologies.

As we can view the matters of the serpents 'growth' from a single 'serpent' in the Garden to a behemoth to a leviathan to the great dragon in the end of the matters.

And there are also 'reverse' typologies to view as well in the workings of God. Noah for example was 600 years old at the time of the flood. (edit : ) Isaac was 60 when the 'twins' were born. A progressive reverse merger. Many intricate weavings therein.

Ezra 2:
13 The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.

Adonikam? "My Lord Arose"

Jesus sent out His disciples in these figurative fashions. I wonder sometimes if even they perceived the fashions of this sending:

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

In the rewards of the talents, the first measure of increase are 5 talents. The second, ten. Left hand understandings contain 5 fingers, right hand the other 5.

Many interesting sights to be had in the lines of allegory.

The city itself is the person. Their gates are their arena's of reception, eyes, ears. The walk, the flow of mouth, the motions of hands, feet.

The arenas of allegory/parabable/similitude/typology/ are the most interesting to enter into.

Luke 7:12
Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out

John 5:
2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

Allegory tends to trouble the waters. Bethesda? House of MERCY.

7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

Jesus Himself, by His Word and Spirit, places us in the Living Pool of His Mercy, to be healed.

But there is 'another' who will always step in first in the eyes of physical understandings.

Divine Mercy heals us from our competitor in the flesh.

s

:confused Maybe we should start over

I'm not Pastor Dave. I'm brother Pete, (a.k.a. Osgiliath)

Where is the Bible does it say anything about "the man of sin occupying the body of believers all at the same time?" Neither the Bible, nor I said anything about "all at the same time." You're assuming this "occupation of the temple" is a "ONE TIME EVENT" sometime in the future. The Scriptures say quite the opposite actually:

1 Corinthians 15:22-23 "For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ ALL shall be made alive. But EVERY MAN IN HIS OWN ORDER: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming.

The Bible says: "EVERY MAN....... IN HIS OWN ORDER!"

You're assuming that is what is supposed to happen, based on ideas and traditions that are not to be found in Scripture...... even though these ideas and traditions are popular (i.e. - "Left Behind" series, etc.)

God's plan of salvation requires that mankind be created with a nature that is as self-centered as any ravenous beast on earth. Adam was created with a very proud nature which, when incited to do so, will literally enthrone and worship himself.

Genesis 3:4 "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Genesis 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and YE SHALL BE AS GODS, knowing good and evil."

The desire to be "as gods" was in the nature GIVEN Adam by his Creator (obviously, or they wouldn't have - or rather, COULDN'T have sinned), and the Adversary's assigned task was to incite that sinful nature to seek to serve and worship its own desires. To this very day "we all... by nature," worship that sinful nature within our flesh:

2 Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

That "man of sin sitting in the temple of God, showing himself to be God," is YOU and ME.

When we do this, we are, by the nature which God himself has placed into our flesh from birth, "the children of disobedience." As "the children of disobedience" we are then "walking according to...the prince of the power of the air," Satan himself, and are thus "worshiping the dragon."

Ephesians 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also WE ALL had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

Revelation 13:1 "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

We ALL ...... are "children of disobedience" and thereby children of "the prince of the power of the air." This is especially true of all of us as we profess to know Christ and are still slaves to our flesh and our proud carnal minds.

Here is what Christ had to say to his proud carnal followers who "BELIEVED ON HIM." (Yes, to those WHO BELIEVED ON HIM):

John 8:31 "Then said Jesus to those Jews which BELIEVED ON HIM, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."

Proclaiming one's own righteousness, not even realizing that we are all created in bondage to sin, is a necessary evil in our walk, but not a good place in which to remain. Anyone who proclaims his own righteousness "is the servant of sin" and will inevitably "seek to kill Christ" (within). We believe in Christ and yet we "cannot receive His words and we seek to kill Him."

John 8:37 "I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
John 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
John 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, [even] God.
John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

"If we are Abraham's children then we would do the works of Abraham," and if we do the works of Satan, then we are "of our father the devil," and we worship him as our father.

Revelation 13:4 "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

ALL of this is by God's design, and it is all within each and every one of us as creatures which are "in Adam." We all must live by "every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God", and keep the things written therein." We are ALL "of our father the devil" 'UNTIL' the man of sin is dethroned and we 'then' become the SONS of our Heavenly Father, in His IMAGE and LIKENESS - EVERY MAN.... IN HIS OWN ORDER (1 Corinthians 15:22-23).

The Man of sin is a man!

A man cannot occupy a believer individually or the body of believers corporately!

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 is referring to the man of sin occupying a temple in Jerusalem.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

The temple in 2 Thessalonians is the temple in Jerusalem, not born again believers!

JLB

Any casual read of the Gospels will show Jesus to have cast out MANY demons from the 'temple' of PEOPLE.

In fact one would have to be nearly and entirely blind to miss that fact.

Yet here you are, scratching your head?

I could site numerous scriptures from the N.T. showing this to be a certain fact, even for believers, even for Apostles.

And you still would not see it because eventually the information has to be taken 'personally' and the man of sin in the temple of PEOPLE does not allow that sight to his blinded ones.

Such is the fate of 'captives.' Nothing I can do about it, really, other than to point to the facts in the Hope of Gods call OUT of that captivity.

s

• The man of sin is a man, not a demon!

However, I would like to follow your reasoning along with you.

Go ahead and show from scripture all the born again believers that Jesus cast devils out of!:headbomb

JLB

• The man of sin is a man, not a demon!
There is much misunderstanding in the arenas of terms.

Many falsely think that the term angels automatically means A Holy Angel. It doesn't. There are messengers, good and evil, both Angelic. The term itself is 'messenger.'

It is the same with the term 'man.' That term is also applied to God, Angels and MEN. It was pointed out earlier to you that Lucifer himself is termed A Man in the text.

Satan is in fact 'a man' of sin. The 'male' connotation to the female connotation, which is the spirit of whoredom.

There are reasons the counterpart to Satan is termed the 'whore of Babylon.' Part of the reasoning behind that 'term' is that MAN is to be the BRIDE of Christ, but under the DECEPTION of Satan, 'she' is in fact a whore in spiritual terms. The terms male and female as it pertains to workings of sin really have nothing to do with human sexuality identification.

However, I would like to follow your reasoning along with you.

Go ahead and show from scripture all the born again believers that Jesus cast devils out of!

JLB
You can certainly make the claim that you are sinless. If that is not the case however you might realize that sin is of the devil and we all have SIN.

The math is honestly quite easy. If Satan sits IN MAN he is also then A MAN as that is the seat of his occupation.

In MAN. Man being 'mankind' in general.

s

There is much misunderstanding in the arenas of terms.

Many falsely think that the term angels automatically means A Holy Angel. It doesn't. There are messengers, good and evil, both Angelic. The term itself is 'messenger.'

It is the same with the term 'man.' That term is also applied to God, Angels and MEN. It was pointed out earlier to you that Lucifer himself is termed A Man in the text.

Satan is in fact 'a man' of sin. The 'male' connotation to the female connotation, which is the spirit of whoredom.

There are reasons the counterpart to Satan is termed the 'whore of Babylon.' Part of the reasoning behind that 'term' is that MAN is to be the BRIDE of Christ, but under the DECEPTION of Satan, 'she' is in fact a whore in spiritual terms. The terms male and female as it pertains to workings of sin really have nothing to do with human sexuality identification.

You can certainly make the claim that you are sinless. If that is not the case however you might realize that sin is of the devil and we all have SIN.

The math is honestly quite easy. If Satan sits IN MAN he is also then A MAN as that is the seat of his occupation.

In MAN. Man being 'mankind' in general.

s

Please answer my question!

You are claiming the man of sin occupies the body of believers, as the "Temple of God".

Here is your quote -

Please show scriptures where Jesus "cast out" demons from born again believers [the temple]!

Pure nonsense! You are grasping at the wind!

JLB

Please answer my question!

You are claiming the man of sin occupies the body of believers, as the "Temple of God".

Here is your quote -

Please show scriptures where Jesus "cast out" demons from born again believers [the temple]!

Pure nonsense! You are grasping at the wind!

JLB

No need to rehash the facts JLB.

Paul was abundantly clear that the man of sin sits in the temple and the temple is? Uh, yeah. Abundantly clear.

If one looks at the 'produce' of the temple it is even clearer. Believers of every sort promote burning each others alive daily.

And you are welcome to address matters of 'sin' in relation to 'believers' any time you please. The same connection is available there, sin being of the devil.

And heaven forbid that any would see that a temptation thought of the TEMPTER within the mind means, oh no, you mean the 'tempter' is actually 'in mind' to do so?

Uh, yeah. Go figure.

And we certainly don't want these matters to get 'that close to home' either do we?

Again, go figure.

s

And just to stick a permanent fork in matters of Daniel 9 containing TWO BRICK AND MORTAR TEMPLES, one built after Babylonian captivity and yet ANOTHER ONE to be supposedly built later, we can pretty well say that is not even in Daniel 9, period.

That angle is a permanent yawner.

s

No need to rehash the facts JLB.

Paul was abundantly clear that the man of sin sits in the temple and the temple is? Uh, yeah. Abundantly clear.

If one looks at the 'produce' of the temple it is even clearer. Believers of every sort promote burning each others alive daily.

And you are welcome to address matters of 'sin' in relation to 'believers' any time you please. The same connection is available there, sin being of the devil.

And heaven forbid that any would see that a temptation thought of the TEMPTER within the mind means, oh no, you mean the 'tempter' is actually 'in mind' to do so?

Uh, yeah. Go figure.

And we certainly don't want these matters to get 'that close to home' either do we?

Again, go figure.

s

I'll take that as a you have "talked" yourself into another hole of false doctrine!

Paul is clear, the temple is a man made temple in Jerusalem, as the scriptures so clearly teach.

As the man of sin goes there to proclaim himself as God!

Just as Daniel 9:27 refers to that very temple as Paul quotes Daniel.

36 "Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done. 37 He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all. 38 But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things.

I'll take that as a you have "talked" yourself into another hole of false doctrine!

Paul is clear, the temple is a man made temple in Jerusalem, as the scriptures so clearly teach.

Two brick and mortar temples in Daniel 9? lol

As the man of sin goes there to proclaim himself as God!

Just as Daniel 9:27 refers to that very temple as Paul quotes Daniel.

That 'temple' was clearly rebuilt ONCE and destroyed already.

There is no two temple re-buildings referred to therein as you surmise.

It is a non-existing premise.

s

Two brick and mortar temples in Daniel 9? lol

That 'temple' was clearly rebuilt ONCE and destroyed already.

There is no two temple re-buildings referred to therein as you surmise.

It is a non-existing premise.

s

You have been proven wrong concerning what the temple is/is not is 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.

Daniel 9:26 -27

26 "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

Verse 26 describes events after the sixty-two weeks:

• Messiah shall be cut off - 33 AD
  • the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.- 70 AD
The 70th week has not occurred in this verse or the time frame it encompasses!

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."

Verse 27 describes events of the 70th week:

• "he" describes the last person mentioned - "the prince who is to come"
  • Messiah had already come as of verse 26 and was cut off.
  • "The prince who is to come" surfaces sometime after 70 AD
  • "The prince who is to come" confirms a covenant for 7 years
  • "The prince who is to come" puts an end to sacrifice and offering.

JLB

You have been proven wrong concerning what the temple is/is not is 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.

A 'man of sin' automatically entails 'sin.'

Sin transpires ONLY in the temple of MAN.

Proven wrong? again, lol

It does appear that your 'two' brick and mortar temple fantasy from Daniel 9 is not available.
Verse 26 describes events after the sixty-two weeks:

• Messiah shall be cut off - 33 AD
  • the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.- 70 AD

The 70th week has not occurred in this verse or the time frame it encompasses!

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."

Verse 27 describes events of the 70th week:

• "he" describes the last person mentioned - "the prince who is to come"
  • Messiah had already come as of verse 26 and was cut off.
  • "The prince who is to come" surfaces sometime after 70 AD
  • "The prince who is to come" confirms a covenant for 7 years
  • "The prince who is to come" puts an end to sacrifice and offering.

JLB

JLB, there are not two brick and mortar temple rebuildings in Daniel 9, period.

It is all non existing supposition on your part, not even there to be seen.

s

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back