Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Futurism&TheTemple

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have been taught to study the bible as a whole. When studying a verse to take into context of the entire bible. I try to discern all teaching and put it up against the word of God. Every since I joined this forum, I have done nothing but defend the faith i have in the Lord Jesus Christ. Sounds like I joined the wrong forum.
Pray tell; Just what do you think everyone else is doing here?

If you can point to any of my questions/statemetms that you deem unbiblical do us all a favor and point them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should the predictions of yet another temple be correct it should not be too much to ask wrt the WHY... What reason would God have in restoring the temple?

Should the predictions of yet another temple be correct it should not be too much to ask wrt the WHY... What reason would God have in restoring the temple?

Well it would depend on what is meant by 'temple'. If we are talking about some physical building, then there is no reason whatsoever. However, if we as Christians acknowledge that there are other ways to define 'temple', then restoration can apply.

Maybe satan is who builds the 3rd temple. He tries to imitate everything that God does. The reason i say this is because of the bible teaching of the Abomination of Desolation, where the antichrist claims to be god. If the temple was restored by God this would not happen.

Maybe satan is who builds the 3rd temple. He tries to imitate everything that God does. The reason i say this is because of the bible teaching of the Abomination of Desolation, where the antichrist claims to be god. If the temple was restored by God this would not happen.
How many prophecies can you cite wrt construction of another (brick&mortar) temple?

By definition this temple would be an abomination from the start. You can't really desolate something that has always been desolate, and restoration of something that has never been sanctified is also impossible.

By definition this temple would be an abomination from the start. You can't really desolate something that has always been desolate, and restoration of something that has never been sanctified is also impossible.
:thumbsup

Matthew 24:15 mentions the holy place. This is what I believe is the 3rd temple

Then can we rule out your previous?

I cant find anything about a construction program in the passage you quoted. Can you?

Matthew 24:15 mentions the holy place. This is what I believe is the 3rd temple
Matthew 24:15 is a reference to Jerusalem per Luke 21:20. The entire "Holy Land" was Holy to God and His people, which is why the people of Jerusalem offered their necks to the sword when Pilate tried to bring the "graven images" of the Roman emperor (on their ensigns) from Caesarea into Jerusalem. Even the eagle on the ensigns of the Roman legions they carried was considered abominable to the Jews.

So imagine how they would have felt seeing their holy city surrounded by the pagan armies of Rome all bearing the graven images of Nero and the eagle.

The "abomination of desolation" (literally, the hated thing which causes destruction) was none other than Rome's legions surrounding the city of Jerusalem.

I have been taught to study the bible as a whole. When studying a verse to take into context of the entire bible. I try to discern all teaching and put it up against the word of God. Every since I joined this forum, I have done nothing but defend the faith i have in the Lord Jesus Christ. Sounds like I joined the wrong forum.
i have and the aod is found wanting. we all have biases and we must try to read the bible from what it says not what some have said it says.

hitch, if we put up the ideas of the darby and shafer and exposed them they would see why futurism doesnt line up. the plymouth brethren are a cult. they believe in a type of gnosticism.

Whether 70AD, today, tomorrow, whenever, Christ is King, not us. Our knowledge, whether small or great is not our own, but a gift from God. Whether we spend 1 hour studying or a lifetime, we should be thankful to God, for all glory is His, Amen.

This board is like a modern day squabble between the Pharisees & Sadducees, between some that know a little, some that search for the truth but get swallowed by the forcefulness of others.

They all thought they knew everything when Jesus came the first time too :shrug

Whether 70AD, today, tomorrow, whenever, Christ is King, not us. Our knowledge, whether small or great is not our own, but a gift from God. Whether we spend 1 hour studying or a lifetime, we should be thankful to God, for all glory is His, Amen.

This board is like a modern day squabble between the Pharisees & Sadducees, between some that know a little, some that search for the truth but get swallowed by the forcefulness of others.

They all thought they knew everything when Jesus came the first time too :shrug
sir, did i ever imply i know it all? No. i dont have it figured out but since you stated that. why is that some think only the catholics can go wrong?
http://www.theopedia.com/Plymouth_Brethren

some are closed and others arent.

but i guess the early christians wouldnt agree with you either.
CHAPTER LXXX -- THE OPINION OF JUSTIN WITH REGARD TO THE REIGN OF A THOUSAND YEARS. SEVERAL CATHOLICS REJECT IT.
And Trypho to this replied, "I remarked to you sir, that you are very anxious to be safe in all respects, since you cling to the Scriptures. But tell me, do you really admit that this place, Jerusalem, shall be rebuilt; and do you expect your people to be gathered together, and made joyful with Christ and the patriarchs, and the prophets, both the men of our nation, and other proselytes who joined them before your Christ came? or have you given way, and admitted this in order to have the appearance of worsting us in the controversies?" Then I answered, "I am not so miserable a fellow, Trypho, as to say one thing and think another. I admitted to you formerly, that I and many others are of this opinion, and[believe] that such will take place, as you assuredly are aware; but, on the other hand, I signified to you that many who belong to the pure and pious faith, and are true Christians, think otherwise. Moreover, I pointed out to you that some who are called Christians, but are godless, impious heretics, teach doctrines that are in every way blasphemous, atheistical, and foolish. But that you may know that I do not say this before you alone, I shall draw up a statement, so far as I can, of all the arguments which have passed between us; in which I shall record myself as admitting the very same things which I admit to you. For I choose to follow not men or men's doctrines, but God and the doctrines[delivered] by Him. For if you have fallen in with some who are called Christians, but who do not admit this[truth], and venture to blaspheme the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; who say there is no resurrection of the dead, and that their souls, when they die, are taken to heaven; do not imagine that they are Christians, even as one, if he would rightly consider it, would not admit that the Sadducees, or similar sects of Genist , Meristae,Gelilaeans, Hellenists, Pharisees, Baptists, are Jews(do not hear me impatiently when I tell you what I think), but are[only] called Jews and children of Abraham, worshipping God with the lips, as God Himself declared, but the heart was far from Him. But I and others, who are right-minded Christians on all points, are assured that there will be a resurrection of the dead, and a thousand years in Jerusalem, which will then be built, adorned, and enlarged, the prophets Ezekiel and Isaiah and others declare.
"For Isaiah spake thus concerning this space of a thousand years: 'For there shall be the new heaven and the new earth, and the former shall not be remembered, or come into their heart; but they shall find joy and gladness in it, which things I create. For, Behold, I make Jerusalem a rejoicing, and My people a joy; and I shall rejoice over Jerusalem, and be glad over My I people. And the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, or the voice of crying. And there shall be no more there a person of immature years, or an old man who shall not fulfil his days. For the young man shall be an hundred years old; but the sinner who dies an hundred years old, he shall be accursed. And they shall build houses, and shall themselves inhabit them; and they shall plant vines, and shall themselves eat the produce of them, and drink the wine. They shall not build, and others inhabit; they shall not plant, and others eat. For according to the days of the tree of life shall be the days of my people; the works of their toil shall abound. Mine elect shall not toil fruitlessly, or beget children to be cursed; for they shall be a seed righteous and blessed by the Lord, and their offspring with them. And it shall come to pass, that before they call I will hear; while they are still speaking, I shall say, What is it? Then shall the wolves and the lambs feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the ox; but the serpent[shall eat] earth as bread. They shall not hurt or maltreat each other on the holy mountain, i saith the Lord.' Now we have understood that the expression used among these words, 'According to the days of the tree[of life] shall be the days of my people; the works of their toil shall abound' obscurely predicts a thousand years. For as Adam was told that in the nay fie ate of the tree he would die, we know that he did not complete a thousand years. We have perceived, moreover, that the expression, 'The day of the Lord is as a thousand years,' is connected with this subject. And further, there was a certain man with us, whose name was John, one of the apostles of Christ, who prophesied, by a revelation that was made to him, that those who believed in our Christ would dwell a thousand years in Jerusalem; and that thereafter the general, and, in short, the eternal resurrection and judgment of all men would likewise take place. Just as our Lord also said, 'They shall neither marry nor be given in marriage, but shall be equal to the angels, the children of the God of the resurrection.

he believed the ressurection was after the millenial reign. the church today says something a bit different.

justin martyr did and others didnt.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/justinmartyr-dialoguetrypho.html

Jason,

I'm not talking about your understanding of scripture or what you do know or don't know. I'm talking about the manner in which the information is discussed with fellow brothers.

With whom did Christ find favour? With those who were knowledgable or those that knew little? It's when we think we know everything that we find ourselves the most distanced from Christ. Who saught the life of Jesus? Was it not the religious leaders, the hardered Jews, the priests, the scribes, the pharisees, the saduccees, all those that 'thought' they knew scripture inside out? They could all talk for hours about scripture, and knew them inside out, yet they completely missed the point of our Saviour, and ultimately crucified him. I see similarities happening on this site all the time, so many people with such knowledge of scripture, yet so little of Christ.

I went and talked to my pastor this morning to see if was headed iin the right direction. His take on Daniel was it started at the Babilonian ocupation to the AoD of 70 ad. To me that settles that discution. As for Revelation, it was supposed to have been written from 70 - 96 ad, which to me still stands as proof for me. That leaves Matthew 24, which we know is Jesus' answer to the disciple's question of the signs of his return.

That leaves Matthew 24, which we know is Jesus' answer to the disciple's question of the signs of his return.

And the two most significant signs of His return were the gospel being preached throughout the whole world, as Paul wrote was fulfilled when he wrote to the Romans (chapters 1 and 10) and Colossians (1:5-6, 23), and the great tribulation (civil war and famine) of Jerusalem leading to its destruction by Rome.

As for Revelation, it was supposed to have been written from 70 - 96 ad

Revelation was written no later than 68 AD, and is indicated so by an overwhelming amount of internal evidence.

I went and talked to my pastor this morning to see if was headed iin the right direction. His take on Daniel was it started at the Babilonian ocupation to the AoD of 70 ad. To me that settles that discution. As for Revelation, it was supposed to have been written from 70 - 96 ad, which to me still stands as proof for me. That leaves Matthew 24, which we know is Jesus' answer to the disciple's question of the signs of his return.

Fortunately for all of us, our salvation as Christians is not based upon our ability to discern aspects of eschatology. Accepting your pastor's 'endtime' views won't damn you even if they are wrong. Investigating other views won't damn you even if they ultimately seem insufficient. First century Jews did not have that luxury of Grace to fall back on unless they accepted Jesus as their Christ.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back