Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How to "WALK IN THE SPIRIT"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
mits

Its no think about it, it is what scripture teaches !

Well your just wrong again! the canal mind will make the scriputures say what they want them the say! The spiritual mind has died to the flesh and does not try to justify the flesh. Know ye not that the Holy Spirit dwells within you?
If not? you have bigger problems than trying to make scripture say what you want it to say!

Repent and come to the Spirit!

2 Cor 3
I think I have drawn more from this chapter than any other in the New Testament?
Love is the Law of God written upon hearts! Love needs no rules for it does no evil.
God is love! we who walk in His Love walk with Him.

The ministry of righteousness is the ministry of the Spirit.
When we walk in the truth of Gods righteousness, we walk in the Spirit. The Spirit sheds Gods Love abroad in our hearts, and by that love we love others! Every commandment, every law of God is fulfilled in one word? LOVE!

It is a mystery! I ask the Lord often, why did you hide this simple truth?

The way back to the Tree of Life is gaurded? Adam cannot return to eat! The Word of God is as a flaming sword, it cuts deep and seprates that which is of the old soulish nature, and that which is of the New Spirit.

Circumcision is the same picture? the cuttting away of the desires of the flesh from the heart!

Gods desire for us is that we walk in confidence of His Love for us, and that we love others with the love that He gives to us!

There is correction in love! For what parent that loves a child will not correct them?

But we correct that our children might have a better life in this world? He corrects that we might have eternal rewards in an eternal life.

Consider the wisdom of God? For no man could love above what his own heart knew about love. By the Spirit, Gods love for us is shown and shed abroad in our hearts. We love because He first loved us. Now to fulfill all law and righteousness, we love based upon the knowledge of His Love for us. As one walks in the Spirt and in Gods Righteousness, the love of God is given to us, and by His love we love others.

No the Lord Himself, showed us how to walk in Love! Gods love does not seek the approval of religion. Gods love is for the humble and the weak.

So the "royal law" to love others as yourself? Is based upon the knowledge of Gods Love for us! If does not know His Love, they may be very religious, but they cannot keep the "royal law".

Now a cult will pretend to love you as long as you drink the cool-aid! Religion is mans attempt to steal away the glory and praise of Christ, and the sincere love He has for all men.

Dont be deceived, love is a fruit of the Spirit. No flesh can produce agape!

Gal 3:2

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4

Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Step 1: By faith we must receive the Spirit, and reckon ourselves dead to the law, and all self-efforts to earn the things of God by our own religious works!

This seems to be the hardest part for most?

To deal with a "Christian" and the flesh of a "believer" with the law of Moses is the height of biblical ignorance!

For the law produces sinful desires, in the flesh!

No! the flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit wars against the flesh!

We feed the spirit and we expose the flesh! This is true biblical correction, all else is just religious nonsense.

Gal 5:19-21 (my amplified version)
Now the works of the flesh are clear; fornication,unclean lust, wanttonness (coveteousness), idolatry (love of the world), sorceries, HATRED (enmity), CONTENTION, JEALOUSY, WRATH, STRIFE, DISUNION, ENVY, DRUNKENESS, REVELLINGS. AND SUCH THINGS!

now many in the so-called "church" love to condemn the sinners of the world with these scriptures! For those who work such things cannot inherit the Kingdom of God!

But Paul is NOT SPEAKING TO THE WORLD BUT TO THE "CHURCH"

The point being that the flesh, even of a "believer" cannot inherit those things given, when we walk in the Spirit.

Only by the Spirit can we understand and have the Kingdom and promises of God.

Many love to preach and condemn with these very scriptures?

I tell you that in every "church" that preaches the law, and not the Spirit, these things abound in that "church"!

Now what Paul is not sayin? is that if you do these things, you are not saved! But he is saying, you are walking in the flesh, when you should be walking in the spirit.

Consider the wisdom of God? For no man could love above what his own heart knew about love. By the Spirit, Gods love for us is shown and shed abroad in our hearts. We love because He first loved us. Now to fulfill all law and righteousness, we love based upon the knowledge of His Love for us. As one walks in the Spirt and in Gods Righteousness, the love of God is given to us, and by His love we love others.

No the Lord Himself, showed us how to walk in Love! Gods love does not seek the approval of religion. Gods love is for the humble and the weak.

So the "royal law" to love others as yourself? Is based upon the knowledge of Gods Love for us! If does not know His Love, they may be very religious, but they cannot keep the "royal law".

Now a cult will pretend to love you as long as you drink the cool-aid! Religion is mans attempt to steal away the glory and praise of Christ, and the sincere love He has for all men.

Dont be deceived, love is a fruit of the Spirit. No flesh can produce agape!

The scipture declares that we need no man to teach us, but that the Holy Spirit would teach us all things?

I have learned spiritual things from many great men of God. But it was always the Holy Spirit that was teaching and leading me to those that had what I needed to know.

I say be led by the Spirit and not by religion or what any man thinks you should do.

I Had rather follow the the Holy Spirit into the wilderness than a man into religion.

Those who are led by the Spirit of God , they are the sons of God. (THE ELECT)

The scipture declares that we need no man to teach us, but that the Holy Spirit would teach us all things?

I have learned spiritual things from many great men of God. But it was always the Holy Spirit that was teaching and leading me to those that had what I needed to know.

I say be led by the Spirit and not by religion or what any man thinks you should do.

I Had rather follow the the Holy Spirit into the wilderness than a man into religion.

Those who are led by the Spirit of God , they are the sons of God. (THE ELECT)

The scriptures use many terms, that it takes time to understand?
When I first heard the term "fear and trembling" i heard it from the mouth of one of those angry Baptist preachers! God is mad and so was he!
The term as it had been given to me, made no sense as it related to the Holy Spirit that had come upon me, and changed my life. For the Holy Spirit was showing me Gods love and goodness, grace etc.. I told the ".Lord If you want me to? I will fear you. You are the Lord, what else can I do?

The Lord showed me how the term was used thoughout scripture and most often it was related to what happens when Gods Power came upon people. The lady that touched the Lord and was healed. "feared and trembled". So what the term means as Paul used it?" Fear" is lowness of mind and thought. The carnal mind in submission! "Trembling" is the weakness of the natural body and the submission of the flesh.
Become as a fool and God will make you wise. Become as weak and God will make you strong.

The point of all this? For it is God, that is within you, to will and to act according to His Good purpose.

One who walks in the spirit will find that they do things that make no sense to their natural mind. I love the term "unction" as the KJV used. It describes what I think God is after in many of us. A place of peace, where we walk with our God, and He is like that "still small voice" behind us, guiding us into His Will.

Continually praying in the Spirit and seeking those things which are above will aid Christians to walk in the Spirit.

Notice how what Pauls response was to those in the Church who acted on the lust of their flesh? What he did not do IS EVER PUT THEM BACK UNDER THE LAW!

But He would always point them to the Spirit! "know ye not that the Holy Spirit dwells within you" Now this is true correction for those who have the Holy Spirit. The point always is to get them to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh!

Now some seem ignorant, if they have the Holy Spirit?
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT, YOU ARE NOT SAVED!

you are still a sinner and you are still under the law of moses!

If you are a believer and say you have the Holy Spirit? Then God commands you to walk in the Spirit and not in your flesh!

If you do not know if you have the Holy Spirit? Then Jesus said to ask the Father and He would freely give it to you!

I suggest some need a good filling of the Holy Spirit more than trying to debate scriptures, they cannot understand!

Now see If God will keep His Word? He said ASK AND THE FATHER WOULD GIVE IT TO YOU!

when you have it, you will know it!

Get real with God and He will get very real with you and to you!

Luke warm, nonsense He will not hear!

Notice how what Pauls response was to those in the Church who acted on the lust of their flesh? What he did not do IS EVER PUT THEM BACK UNDER THE LAW!

But He would always point them to the Spirit! "know ye not that the Holy Spirit dwells within you" Now this is true correction for those who have the Holy Spirit. The point always is to get them to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh!

Now some seem ignorant, if they have the Holy Spirit?
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT, YOU ARE NOT SAVED!

you are still a sinner and you are still under the law of moses!

If you are a believer and say you have the Holy Spirit? Then God commands you to walk in the Spirit and not in your flesh!

If you do not know if you have the Holy Spirit? Then Jesus said to ask the Father and He would freely give it to you!

I suggest some need a good filling of the Holy Spirit more than trying to debate scriptures, they cannot understand!

Now see If God will keep His Word? He said ASK AND THE FATHER WOULD GIVE IT TO YOU!

when you have it, you will know it!

Get real with God and He will get very real with you and to you!

Luke warm, nonsense He will not hear!

Isa 58 speaks of a "true fast unto the Lord" The scriptures speak of those who fast for strife and debate and to point the finger? Then it goes on to describe what God really desires is that we would share our bread with the hungry. Not to hide ourselves from our own flesh.

Paul also makes a point in the Book of Col. That self imposed religion, false humility and neglect of the body is of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

Now I do believe it is clear, that when one is lead of the Spirit that a dying to self and the desires and lust of the natural man must happen. A crucified man is one who has no confidence in his own ability or in his own strength.

I do not believe that the flesh can put the flesh to death! This is just religious nonsense to me. No! the scriptures declare that by the spirit we put to death the flesh. I do believe any who take up to follow the Spirit will be lead into a place like unto the wilderness? A place where God can deal with every man and purge him from the things of this world. I do not believe that true godliness is thing found apart from testing and trials? I do know that I have learned more about God and His strength, when my weakness was most evident.

But even in the conflict and the battle, a part of me was confident in the life I had in Christ.

Now some accuse me of teaching all the promises of God, but failing to speak of the suffering and that which might be seen as hard? I have heard all the charges against the gospel!

But what some fail to see? That its the confidence in Gods goodness and faithfulness to His Word that allows us to fight the real battle.
Consider the great sin of Israel? God made them great promises and told them they had the victory! But instead of being confident in Gods Strength and looking to His Promise?
They looked at their own weakness, and the strength of their enemy. They refused to enter the promised land and fight the battle!

I say God is good and faithful to His Word! I say also, prepare yourself for a battle!

So then my point? walk in the spirit, grow strong in the Lord! prepare for a great battle. If you do not lose heart, you will become an overcomer!l

To deal with a "Christian" and the flesh of a "believer" with the law of Moses is the height of biblical ignorance!

For the law produces sinful desires, in the flesh!

No! the flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit wars against the flesh!

We feed the spirit and we expose the flesh! This is true biblical correction, all else is just religious nonsense.

Gal 5:19-21 (my amplified version)
Now the works of the flesh are clear; fornication,unclean lust, wanttonness (coveteousness), idolatry (love of the world), sorceries, HATRED (enmity), CONTENTION, JEALOUSY, WRATH, STRIFE, DISUNION, ENVY, DRUNKENESS, REVELLINGS. AND SUCH THINGS!

now many in the so-called "church" love to condemn the sinners of the world with these scriptures! For those who work such things cannot inherit the Kingdom of God!

But Paul is NOT SPEAKING TO THE WORLD BUT TO THE "CHURCH"

The point being that the flesh, even of a "believer" cannot inherit those things given, when we walk in the Spirit.

Only by the Spirit can we understand and have the Kingdom and promises of God.

Many love to preach and condemn with these very scriptures?

I tell you that in every "church" that preaches the law, and not the Spirit, these things abound in that "church"!

Now what Paul is not sayin? is that if you do these things, you are not saved! But he is saying, you are walking in the flesh, when you should be walking in the spirit.

So we see that the so-called church, that most have no understanding of the purpose of the Cross? That by the Cross we die to the old man and his carnal ways.

mtisa

that most have no understanding of the purpose of the Cross?

Do you ? It seems to me you elevate mans faith or choice over the Cross ! What is its Purpose ? Was it successful ? Did God accomplish all His Desires throgh it ?

mtisa

Do you ? It seems to me you elevate mans faith or choice over the Cross ! What is its Purpose ? Was it successful ? Did God accomplish all His Desires throgh it ?
Yes, real faith is required! sorry I did not make the rules.
The Law of faith is just as sure as the law of gravity.

You obey its rules, or you hit the dirt! lol

mitsa

The Cross of Christ effects real Faith !

That could mean alot of things to alot of people?

Read the thread and points that I have made, that are shown from scripture.

What someone believes, based upon carnal reasoning, or doctrines of demons, has no value at all to those of us who are the "elect" for we cannot be deceived as others.

mitsa

That could mean alot of things to alot of people?

So. The Cross of Christ is what effected Paul to live the Crucified life as well as any other person whom Christ died Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

You however Glory in your act of faith, not the Cross of Christ !

mitsa

So. The Cross of Christ is what effected Paul to live the Crucified life as well as any other person whom Christ died Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

You however Glory in your act of faith, not the Cross of Christ !
I glory only In Christ and His Work! You seem to glory in false doctrine?

I glory in the Truth!

There is only one true way to please God, for God is A Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and Truth.

2Pe 2:2

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Rom 12:21

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Gal 5:16

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Only by "walking in the Spirit", can we overcome the "flesh". I hope to lay out in a simple way the "true power" of the Gospel, unbroken fellowship with Our God in the Spirit!

Mitspa:angel3

Now faith is the Confidence of things hoped for the conviction of things not seen.
Without faith, it is impossible to please God, for those that come to Him MUST BELIEVE that HE IS, and He is a Rewarder of those WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM. Heb 11:6

Real faith has a REAL HOLY SPIRIT! and to walk in the Spirit one must walk in REAL FAITH.

If the Lord is given you dreams about such things as riding a merry-go-round a Faris Wheel, a treadmill, stationary bike Etc...
He is trying to show you something about your walk with Him?
Consider Israel that went around and around the same mountain, until the OLD generation died out? The the NEW GENERATION was allowed to go into the promised land.
This is for us a picture of the "flesh" and the "spirit"?
The flesh, no matter how religious or how many trips to church, can inherit the kindgom of God!

No! one must through the law, die to all confidence in the flesh! One must be convinced that no matter how hard one tries or how long one suffers in the flesh, the flesh cannot please God!

Now many are still looking to the law, in parts and in different ways and saying in their heart," if I just apply this portion of that part, it will earn me the Kingdom"

Or many use religious works, this program of that program? Fasting and such! 5 steps to please God!

Its all dead works!

No!. nothing but the Cross and the dying to the flesh will grant access to the Promised Land!

Heb 4
Those who have entered into Gods rest, have ceased from their own works.

The Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, has set me free from the law of sin and death!

Self-effort and self-justification can be a very subtile thing? We may confess boldly with our mouth that we are justified by faith, yet we still try to earn Gods blessings by our works. Our hearts are often hidden from us?

Thus God will try to show us, in various ways!

If the Lord is given you dreams about such things as riding a merry-go-round a Faris Wheel, a treadmill, stationary bike Etc...
He is trying to show you something about your walk with Him?
Consider Israel that went around and around the same mountain, until the OLD generation died out? The the NEW GENERATION was allowed to go into the promised land.
This is for us a picture of the "flesh" and the "spirit"?
The flesh, no matter how religious or how many trips to church, can inherit the kindgom of God!

No! one must through the law, die to all confidence in the flesh! One must be convinced that no matter how hard one tries or how long one suffers in the flesh, the flesh cannot please God!

Now many are still looking to the law, in parts and in different ways and saying in their heart," if I just apply this portion of that part, it will earn me the Kingdom"

Or many use religious works, this program of that program? Fasting and such! 5 steps to please God!

Its all dead works!

No!. nothing but the Cross and the dying to the flesh will grant access to the Promised Land!

Heb 4
Those who have entered into Gods rest, have ceased from their own works.

The Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, has set me free from the law of sin and death!

Self-effort and self-justification can be a very subtile thing? We may confess boldly with our mouth that we are justified by faith, yet we still try to earn Gods blessings by our works. Our hearts are often hidden from us?

Thus God will try to show us, in various ways!

Satan (the accuser) has power over those he can accuse!
The Light of the Gospel? Is that we have been justified by Christ and there is therefore NOW NO CONDEMNATION.

The darkness is the flesh, the light is the spirit.
Now if one walks in the light they will overcome the flesh.
If one walks in the flesh? They have never known Him.

For in Him, we have no sin. Whoever sins has not seen or known Him.

The only power over sin is when we die to the flesh via His Cross. And we live by the Spirit.

All else is just religious nonsense!

mitsa

I glory only In Christ and His Work!

In my opinion you don't. Do you believe everyone Christ died for shall be saved and Glorified ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back