Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Lose Your Salvation in Two Easy Steps

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
glorydaz said:
jasoncran said:
hebrews 6 is interesting on this subject.

if you lose your salvation you can never get it back.

This is telling us why it is impossible for us to fall away.
Jesus was put to open shame but once...at the cross for all our sins.
He will never be put to open shame again by loses any the Father has given Him. :thumb
Heb. 6:4-6 said:
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

You have it backwards. If a person who was enlightened falls away, that one cannot be renewed again to repentance. The implication is that we turn to Christ and never turn away from Him. As Jesus said...all who look back, after turning away from the old lives....are not worthy of Him.

Biblical salvation is not a child's plaything. It is serious business. The modern church is very superficial and falls short in many regards of the standard required to be pleasing to God. We please ourselves, rather, and claim to be justified by our own faith. We do what we are warned not to do...and are satisfied.

We should work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. This is the way of wisdom.

destiny wrote:Oh dear.. I could quote scripture after scripture of Gods warnings to HIS PEOPLE and you will just explain it away as if it means something else for someone else and not for our admonition. I know only God can break away those denominational man made doctrines, so I will move on now
Sadly this is true destiny because they do not care about finding truth but holding to their false, fleshly, doctrine.

Adullam said:
glorydaz said:
jasoncran said:

He will never be put to open shame again by loses any the Father has given Him. :thumb
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

You have it backwards. If a person who was enlightened falls away, that one cannot be renewed again to repentance. The implication is that we turn to Christ and never turn away from Him. As Jesus said...all who look back, after turning away from the old lives....are not worthy of Him.

Hi A.

Can not be renewed again to repentance ?? Where does it say that in verse 6 ??

Adullam said:
A race is finished when it reaches the end. It's the end of the matter that counts. Judge nothing before it's time. Paul Himself was in fear of his own fate....

1 Cor 9:27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

This entire chapter is referring to Paul's ministry. He is not speaking of his salvation.

Adullam said:
If the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, then what is a lack of fear?
Assurance.
Heb. 10: 14-21 said:
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Those who have been born again have a circumcised heart, have been buried and RAISED from the dead. Quickened and forgiven and seated with Christ in heavenly places.
Col. 2 said:
8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Adullam said:
Many Christian moralists try to eliminate righteousness from the equation of salvation. They see God's way as unequal. Here is a basic building block on which NT holiness is built.

There is no attempt whatsoever to try and eliminate righteousness from the equation of salvation.
The real question is whether it's man's righteousness or the righteousness of Christ.
Philippians 3:9 said:
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Adullam said:
Biblical salvation is not a child's plaything. It is serious business. The modern church is very superficial and falls short in many regards of the standard required to be pleasing to God. We please ourselves, rather, and claim to be justified by our own faith. We do what we are warned not to do...and are satisfied.

We should work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. This is the way of wisdom.
Amen good post.

watchman F said:
destiny wrote:Oh dear.. I could quote scripture after scripture of Gods warnings to HIS PEOPLE and you will just explain it away as if it means something else for someone else and not for our admonition. I know only God can break away those denominational man made doctrines, so I will move on now
Sadly this is true destiny because they do not care about finding truth but holding to their false, fleshly, doctrine.

I'm getting tired of being accused of following a false, fleshly doctrine.

If you can't simply put forth the Word of God, you can at least keep your own flesh from making such comments. Rather than shutting up the kingdom, you prefer to preach one can fall out of the kingdom, but the principle is the same.
Matthew 23:13 said:
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

1Ti 4:1 But the Spirit saith expressly, that in later times some shall fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons,

Interesting thoughts, all. Is God really saying to us "don't worry, be happy?" Which kind of wisdom is that?

Is the lack of fear of the Lord truly assurance? Has God changed His character or rather, has the means to achieve the law changed? Are we to be unrighteous so that Jesus can be our righteousness? Does our sin put Jesus in business??????

Cornelius said:
1Ti 4:1 But the Spirit saith expressly, that in later times some shall fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons,

Its true some will fall from the faith. But they also can be restored I Tim. 4:16

Adullam said:
glorydaz said:
Cornelius said:
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
Rom 11:20 Well; by their unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by thy faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 for if God spared not the natural branches, neither will he spare thee.

This is speaking of national Israel.

Actually, this is saying that we are NOT more special than the natural Jews who were rejected. We must bring forth the right fruit or suffer rejection as well as they.

They were cut off for UNBELIEF.
Those who bear no fruit are not born again.
Those who bear evil fruit are children of the devil.

The "right" fruit is the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Those who have been born again bring forth the fruit of the Spirit.
Do we rail against those who only bear only thirtyfold? Are we their judge?
Matthew 13:23 said:
But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Mysteryman said:
Cornelius said:

Its true some will fall from the faith. But they also can be restored I Tim. 4:16
Can be or definitely will be?

destiny said:
Reading some of the replies here makes me think of what satan said to Eve in the Garden, "Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say...."

It's a sad day when believers are compared to Satan. :shame

Can you address the verses that tell us Jesus will lose none the Father has given Him?

I think you're confusing those who only "profess" to know the Lord as opposed to those who have been born again of the Spirit.

watchman F said:
Mysteryman said:
Cornelius said:

Can be or definitely will be?

Hi W.

Read I Tim 4:16 Timothy does not need saving, nor does a believer need saving. But it does say in this verse that both will be saved, which includes timothy. Save What ? It has to be talking about saving rewards !

Adullam said:
Interesting thoughts, all. Is God really saying to us "don't worry, be happy?" Which kind of wisdom is that?

Is the lack of fear of the Lord truly assurance? Has God changed His character or rather, has the means to achieve the law changed? Are we to be unrighteous so that Jesus can be our righteousness? Does our sin put Jesus in business??????

Hi A.

I believe you are over emphasizing here. But the truth is that He is our advocate for one who sins --------- I John 2:1. So it "is" his buisness !

Adullam said:
glorydaz said:
jasoncran said:

No, I don't have it backwards. No doubt many people hear the Gospel message and respond for a time. The parable of the seeds springing up tell us that. Until they bear fruit they aren't born again. The fruit of the Spirit is how we know them. Are people saved because they follow for a time (enlightened), but are not born again? The Word tells us otherwise. We must be raised into newness of life.

We were reconciled by His death, but we are saved by His life.
We must be born again...raised into newness of life.
Some never get that far...the gate is narrow.
Romans 5:10 said:
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

There is a lot of emphasis put on being born again! This is a good start! :tongue But we must also grow into fulness. To whom much is given, much is required. All men will be judged by their works. Even children are known by their behaviour.

The servant who buried his talent represents a born again believer who never progressed. He buried his gift of grace (talent ). Such a one is rejected. What God gives us is a gift. We take no credit for that. What we do with that gift determines our destiny. The gospel is about maturity, growth, and character. There IS a race to run and win. :yes

The tale of the hare and the tortoise is very apropos to describe the Christian race. The hare had the gift to run but chose to become passive. He lost the race. So it is with they who rely on the gift without using it to it's full potential. Grace is a means to overcome sin while in the flesh. Those who overcome in this way will inherit with the men and women of faith.

We were reconciled by His death, but we are saved by His life.
We must be born again...raised into newness of life.
Some never get that far...the gate is narrow.
"Romans 5:10"]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Granted!

But, it isn't just the beginning of the walk that is narrow...but also the continuance of the walk.

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Being born again of the Spirit is the gate. That is just the beginning. But the way must also be of the Spirit. This is the ongoing walk into full maturity. Those who put to death the deeds of the flesh by the Spirit will live. Those who live according to the flesh (though they may have experienced the new birth) will die. If we are alive in the Spirit then we should also walk in the Spirit. Remember the foolish Galatians. We must be wise.

Still waiting for you lose-its to deal with these verses - I've dealt with most of yours:
Explain these please:
1) Get God to un-forgive you – Eph. 1:7

2) Get God to un-redeem you - Rom. 3:24

3) Get God to un-circumcise you – Col. 2:13

4) Get God to un-adopt you – Rom. 8:15

5) Get God to un-seat you – Eph. 2:6

6) Get God to un-sanctify you – I Cor. 6:11

7) Get God to un-glorify you – Rom. 8:30

8) Get God to un-seal you – Eph. 1:13

9) Get God to un-justify you – Rom. 3:24; 8:30

10) Get God to un-bless you – Eph. 1:3

11) Get God to un-bury you – Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12