Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Study shows Pfizer Vaccine Becomes DNA in Liver Cells

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes, mental health is very important, but would it be worth risking physical health, even death, for the sake of mental health? Depending on the jurisdiction, people have been able to meet, physically distanced, indoors and outdoors during the entire pandemic or at least for a good deal of time now. There are also Zoom, phone calls, texting, and email. All less than ideal but something is better than nothing. There is little reason for people to be completely isolated.

Not to mention the mental health issues that come from struggling with a severe COVID infection or long-COVID; the effects of both are well known.

Why fruit and vegetable shops were closed in the name of safety people could still purchase alcohol. I mean not sure how many who lived alone drowned there sorrows forced to stay home with nothing to do for weeks on end. Can't go to work, can't visit people, could go for a walk so I guess that's good for the mind but can't just walk up the road all day every day for months on end it would be boring. Not even allowed to go for a isolated beach walk for fish for peace of mind or anything.

I know someone who just drunk for months on end during lockdown his whole trailor was full of boxes to recycle, all he did was drink alone. Thats self destruction.

Why fruit and vegetable shops were closed in the name of safety people could still purchase alcohol. I mean not sure how many who lived alone drowned there sorrows forced to stay home with nothing to do for weeks on end. Can't go to work, can't visit people, could go for a walk so I guess that's good for the mind but can't just walk up the road all day every day for months on end it would be boring. Not even allowed to go for a isolated beach walk for fish for peace of mind or anything.

I know someone who just drunk for months on end during lockdown his whole trailor was full of boxes to recycle, all he did was drink alone. Thats self destruction.
The counter argument is that alcoholics exist and have existed long prior to the pandemic. Should they have been forced to go through withdrawal, which can include seizures and auditory hallucinations telling a person to harm themselves? Alcohol withdrawal is very serious:

https://alcorehab.org/the-effects-of-alcohol/withdrawal-symptoms/

People bought beer with the money for covid and toys ,boats and this I observed with my line of work as those who were always late on their utilities,were late once the covid moratorium ended they could have simply paid then and didn't have to worry about it.

The counter argument is that alcoholics exist and have existed long prior to the pandemic. Should they have been forced to go through withdrawal, which can include seizures and auditory hallucinations telling a person to harm themselves? Alcohol withdrawal is very serious:
And I guess the counter argument to that is that fruit and vegetable eaters existed before the pandemic too. I wonder, should they have been forced to go through withdrawal (the side effects of which are not good)?

What about them?
You can't ignore the lunacy of I could enter into a beer cave buy beer with a mask in a self contained room with more then one person ,in and couldn't be six feet apart let alone three feet .

Yet I couldn't attend church .

By using that logic ,pot shops in the liberal west never ,ever closed ,you could use the community hooka .

Yet not have church .a member of my church couldn't build homes on a island ,with no person nearby but his crew .yet could go smoke in a pot bar in his state.

Govt logic .Im numb to it .it never actually makes sense .

You can't ignore the lunacy of I could enter into a beer cave buy beer with a mask in a self contained room with more then one person ,in and couldn't be six feet apart let alone three feet .

Yet I couldn't attend church .

By using that logic ,pot shops in the liberal west never ,ever closed ,you could use the community hooka .

Yet not have church .a member of my church couldn't build homes on a island ,with no person nearby but his crew .yet could go smoke in a pot bar in his state.

Govt logic .Im numb to it .it never actually makes sense .
Some of it does make sense. Alcohol withdrawal has to be managed medically or it can sometimes be fatal. Those stores needed to remain open to help such people out, if the option for delivery wasn’t available. Of course, those stores should have followed any distancing and capacity mandates, but many stores seemed to care about profit more than people.

Some of it does make sense. Alcohol withdrawal has to be managed medically or it can sometimes be fatal. Those stores needed to remain open to help such people out, if the option for delivery wasn’t available. Of course, those stores should have followed any distancing and capacity mandates, but many stores seemed to care about profit more than people.
Can't if there is no room. Do you suggest They close ?
Do you suggest they arrest and physical detain a person who simply wants to buy something ?
As far as profit motive .

In the name of providing a service , municipal are listed as non profit per liberal logic but state law they must be ran in the black,I have risked lightning and hail storms to read meters,flooding etc .

Never mind that the military forced me and others to inhale smoke from burn pita and then drags out payments .

So please ,yea the state will see you as a means to an end .

Choose your posoin ,an alcoholic can get his fix ,but not a person who has PTSD and simply can't enjoy his daily focus of God in person with others and what not .

Beer and PTSD .drinking your emotions to bluntness ,yeah that will work.

To assume 6 grand would ever support a person during a long lockdown I'd beyond me.

Alcohol shops were closed, yet the supermarkets still sold it as they were allowed open. I mean it was basically just beer and wine.

I mean why everyone flooded into the same few limited stores by the thousands every day in he name of safety, small fruit and vegetable shops and butchers were closed in the name of safety even they use the same practice as any other store that was allowed open.

I don't know what's better in a lockdown, being stuck in a house all day for months on end with lots of people where no one gets any space and are frustrated and just annoy each other and argue.(Not sure the amount of emergency service callouts during lockdowns of people flipping out on others), or, being stuck in a small box alone for months on end and not having contact with others.

It would have been ok for some people, like a retired couple who don't do much anyhow, or , a couple with a nice big house and yard and garage or have a novice income don't need to worry about anything. I mean, it must have been hard for the deputy PM, not sure what his guaranteed tax payer salary was why he was fishing from his big yard on the water front. That's a nice holiday, a few months off with no worries. Not sure about the struggling regular person.

Its why I never been a fan of lockdowns. The amount of damage on peoples mental health. No one will claim responsibility they will just claim they were saving lives in the name of physical health when there were other ways people could take responsibility for themselves without the need of intereference.

Who is "we" ?. Maybe some people can sleep at night.

Everyone got a little taste of tyranny and got to know what it feels like to be under complete rule and authority, pumped with so much fear even consenting family members were too afraid to visit and embrace each other they could be snitched on like the gastapo and taken away and locked in a cage.

I got a support group that never stopped and will never stop. A small circle who we support and look after each other we all got issues and spend time together for company and look after each other. The neighbour was always spying on us with binoculars and we never causing any trouble or want any trouble, some people just can't mind there own business. I mean when a friend turns up and I ask how's it going and they say just reaching out , that's a sign and indirectly saying they need company and support and someone to talk with and be around. No lockdown going to stop me from comforting and supporting someone who is reaching out for support. Lock me in a cage if you think it's justified.

Why about the pregnant reporter who was not allowed home and basically had no option but to turn to the Taliban for support because the government would not allow her home, banning citizens from entering there own country of citizenship. Its a basic human right not even in the bill of rights but even in the UN declaration of fundamental human rights.

When the Taliban mock you so hard saying they will look after and take care of a unmarried pregnant woman because you wont, they are just laughing in your face when they are accused of violating human rights.

Back