Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Christian Forum aspires to be an online community where Christians can come together in fellowship with the purpose to encourage, inspire and build up our faith in Christ Jesus. John 13:34-35
  • Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses

Tongues As A Sign For Unbelievers.

Serving Zion

Web Developer
From
New Zealand
Looks like tarring and feathering all Pentecostals and Charismatics for the few whose antics are not supported by the majority.
I'd like to hear from the person who posted it (theMadJW), whether he can expound upon the meaning and context of it. What appears to be "normal" worship to one person may look like someone rolling around in hysteria to another, and having seen the one picture I actually want to have more information about it.

From
New Zealand
I'd like to hear from the person who posted it (theMadJW), whether he can expound upon the meaning and context of it. What appears to be "normal" worship to one person may look like someone rolling around in hysteria to another, and having seen the one picture I actually want to have more information about it.
There may be a few groups that look like Pentecostals, but are really counterfeits pretending to be, in the United States, but I haven't encountered any groups here in New Zealand. Perhaps we are not infected with American religious culture down here.

In fact, some of the most prominent Pentecostals, such as the late David Wilkerson, soundly attacked the spurious manifestations as as far away from the true manifestation of the Holy Spirit as one could get.