Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Speaking of the Gentiles, Paul says...

For when the nations, who do not have the Law, do by nature the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law unto themselves; who show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and the thoughts between one another accusing or even excusing one another,
(Rom 2:14-15)

Romans 14:10 (KJV) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

In both cases this is the bayma seat of Christ (tribunal), not some type of final judgment. I thought we are carrying on a discussion, not some sort of judge-fest...unless you are referring to judging doctrine...then I plead guilty,
The last paragraph I don’t quite get. The discussion wandered into the judgement seat of Christ because that’s real. It figured largely in Paul’s thinking. But we can leave it.

The Bema seat of Christ is different than say the White Throne Judgment. It is a judgment/tribunal seat where believers are rewarded or suffer loss of rewards.
I never said any different. But who find that their whole lives were wood, hay and stubble will be very very sorry. I am sorry that this will be the case for some.

No they don’t. Most don’t believe He is even there. Who here does this that you can point to? How do they word it?
I don't think he was talking about people here. You've never heard somebody justify themselves by saying things like "well, I'm not as bad as so and so."

I remember on Johnny Carson one night, this actress was talking about coming home drunk at 2 o'clock in the morning. She said "I started feeling bad about myself, and then I thought, hey, I'm not the only person coming home drunk at 2 o'clock in the morning" and the audience went wild cheering.

That made me think of the last verse of Romans 1. I like the way the Modern English version puts it:

32 who know the righteous requirement of God, that those who commit such things are worthy of death. They not only do them, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

That audience gave their hearty approval of what she said.

I don't think he was talking about people here. You've never heard somebody justify themselves by saying things like "well, I'm not as bad as so and so."
But that’s to themselves, not a Being they don’t think is there. Everyone has a conscience that condones or condemns us. They are speaking to their own conscience that is convicting them of wrong. God doesn’t cross their minds.
I remember on Johnny Carson one night, this actress was talking about coming home drunk at 2 o'clock in the morning. She said "I started feeling bad about myself, and then I thought, hey, I'm not the only person coming home drunk at 2 o'clock in the morning" and the audience went wild cheering.
Yes, it’s her own conscience she is trying to satisfy. She even said she felt bad about herself, not that God condemns her.
That made me think of the last verse of Romans 1. I like the way the Modern English version puts it:

32 who know the righteous requirement of God, that those who commit such things are worthy of death. They not only do them, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

That audience gave their hearty approval of what she said.
Yes, that’s a very good example of that scripture. Haven’t heard a better one although personally getting drunk is not as bad as unjustly verbally and viciously attacking a man and the audience going wild.

Back