Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is The Baptism that saves us now?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Lol but you are taken it to mean water....when first the tree must be made good before its fruit will be.

So the heart is what is in mind here....
It does mean water. You're pulling passages randomly from Scripture that have nothing to do with baptism in an attempt to negate it. As I pointed out, Paul said God saved them through the bath of regeneration. Jesus said the one believes (present tense) and is baptized (past temse) shall be saved (future tense). The present and past tense precede the future tense. Water baptism is necessary.

Meaning the scripture in the context....already puts in view...its not an outward washing...........so the scripture itself states what the Baptism is not.
I believe you're missuing the point. They're being water baptized. His point is that there is more to it than simply getting wet. We know he means more by looking at other things he said. In one of his earliest sermons he said 'Repent and be baptized and you'll receive the gift of the Holy Spirit'. So he makes baptism a prerequisite for receiving the Spirit.

My Spouse and I were discussing 1 Peter 3...

And this is what came out of it......The Baptism that saved was in their obedience to God in the building of the ark, being prepared, bringing the animals in the ark, making themselves ready, getting in......

Basically they did what God said...that sure would be a case for Justification.

His word Is who He is
All goes back to
God is God

The answer from God for a clear conscience is God.
God sends His Son-word made flesh
Fd2f so we can lv by da sprt
Living by the Spirit/ the words teaching equivalent to
I'm not sure what this has has to do with baptism
What we are being renewed by...

It does mean water. You're pulling passages randomly from Scripture that have nothing to do with baptism in an attempt to negate it. As I pointed out, Paul said God saved them through the bath of regeneration. Jesus said the one believes (present tense) and is baptized (past temse) shall be saved (future tense). The present and past tense precede the future tense. Water baptism is necessary.
Water Baptism is an outward identification with what has been done or doing inwardly.......Why do you accuse of me taking passage out of context?

You explored your own...but I will not accuse you..for those are your opinions

I believe you're missuing the point. They're being water baptized. His point is that there is more to it than simply getting wet. We know he means more by looking at other things he said. In one of his earliest sermons he said 'Repent and be baptized and you'll receive the gift of the Holy Spirit'. So he makes baptism a prerequisite for receiving the Spirit.
I think you are missing the point..
The Baptism itself is not with water..
Rather the inward conscience is clear before God being obedient to His Word.
By the Spirit not the Letter...God is the beginning and the end...

And this is what came out of it......The Baptism that saved was in their obedience to God in the building of the ark, being prepared, bringing the animals in the ark, making themselves ready, getting in......

His word Is who He is
All goes back to
God is God

Excuse the above post...I was not going to post that...it stayed from yesterday

Look at the flip side of circumcision for a minute...
It was given to those who were to keep the Law....but if they did not keep the law it meant nothing....

On the flip side the Spirit is given to those
Who believe. The natural outward expression is bearing fruit onto life a Testimony for what is working within as Baptism....

Is it the fruit that saves them or the Spirit?....The fruit that is brought about is not the Baptism...its the evidence of being being identified/in relationship with life(God).

My thoughts

SPIRIT WORKING THE WORD FOR A RENEW MIND WHERE ONE IS CLEANSED BY HIS BLOOD...
1 Peter 3:21...is first Peter 3:21....but you accuse me of bringing Hebrews 10...to negate.. yet you are doing what you accuse me of...See why that is wrong...

Hebrews 10 is a great example...because it corresponds to 1 Peter 3:21...
Especially if you asked why and How is the conscience sprinkled clean by Christ's blood....

Well here is a correlated passage that tells How....

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Here is how I see...Not the removal of dirt from skin...........taken to mean-that it is not religious....

But that the Baptism is Spiritual...and there is one Baptism....Jesus the Risen..

Are washings(cleansing of the conscience) will always take place in Him.

Who is the one Lord?
Who is the one Faith?
Who is the One Baptism?

Isn't this the same Person???

What did I write that shows I equate "newness of life with continued sin"?
From post #71..."...and when we walk in the newness of life our sins our (sic) continually forgiven... "
If we are walking in newness of life there can be no past life included.
Your wording makes it look like we will continue to commit sins and be "continually forgiven".

Hopeful said:

To the man baptizing it matters incredibly, in spite of the beastly debaucheries the same hands may have carried out with no remorse or belief in the blood.
For the faithless Baptizer this is ritual showtime.
What does it matter if it makes the "sinner"-baptizer feel good?
It is God's work, by the blood of Jesus Christ, to wash away a man's past sins at water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
A robot could do it.
Covetous of their worldly status. power and profit through their own sinful deceit.
Unceasing in sin especially as they carry out the show ritual.
Their sole desire in the ritual being their personal rewards of their unrighteousness .
Can't a good thing come from bad people?
Yes: we see it everyday.
Do you really believe The Lord Jesus, who sees the hearts and thoughts of all would make such a spiritual spectacle from hell a requirement ?
Unchecked Copy Box
2Pe 2:14
Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children
Spectacle indeed, but it is the one getting baptized that matters, not who is doing it.
The "requirement", and its results, are ordained by God.

Frankly speaking, I don't think anyone who truly submits to God would be left in such a situation.
Were they truly repentant at their water baptism, they will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost; and that gift will allow the new convert to see clearly what is going on around him.
God will provide a new environment for the holy.

SPIRIT WORKING THE WORD FOR A RENEW MIND WHERE ONE IS CLEANSED BY HIS BLOOD...

1 Peter 3:21...is first Peter 3:21....but you accuse me of bringing Hebrews 10...to negate.. yet you are doing what you accuse me of...See why that is wrong...

Hebrews 10 is a great example...because it corresponds to 1 Peter 3:21...
Especially if you asked why and How is the conscience sprinkled clean by Christ's blood....

Well here is a correlated passage that tells How....

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Here is how I see...Not the removal of dirt from skin...........taken to mean-that it is not religious....

But that the Baptism is Spiritual...and there is one Baptism....Jesus the Risen..

Are washings(cleansing of the conscience) will always take place in Him.

Who is the one Lord?
Who is the one Faith?
Who is the One Baptism?

Isn't this the same Person???
It's spiritual? What does that mean?

You deny that it's water when we have explicit statements saying it's water?

Water Baptism is an outward identification with what has been done or doing inwardly.......Why do you accuse of me taking passage out of context?

You explored your own...but I will not accuse you..for those are your opinions
The passages I posted deal directly with baptism. Peter explicitly states that water saves. How them can it be nothing more than an outward identification of something inwardly? If it is simply an outward identification of something inward, it wouldn't save. It would be the inward something that saves. But again, Peter expliciy says water saves. Likewise Paul said the water saved.

His word Is who He is
All goes back to
God is God

Where in Scripture is obedience called baptism? Of course obedience is necessary. Peter said repent and be baptized. They were to repent first. That requires obedience. However, he didn't say repent and you are baptized. He said repent and be baptized. This suggests to me that obedience and baptism are two different things.

It is God's work, by the blood of Jesus Christ, to wash away a man's past sins at water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
A robot could do it.

So you believe that Jesus would hold Billy Grahm or Charles Manson in the same regard in performing a Baptism with each one being an equal vessel of the Holy Spirit ?
Really ?
That an unremorseful representative , and messenger of hell posing themselves as representative of Christ would have equal status of a saved Christian in the business of securing a person's salvation is as spiritually weak and feeble a construct as I can imagine.
Such a half stepping, fraught with failure theology could only be the product of the flesh .
A product of the carnal mind rather than a product of this Jesus who is the Christ .

I ask you if someone as poisonous & abhorrent as a Charles Manson was able to seal the deal in the emancipation of another human from eternal death to eternal life why would Christ not have given an example in His Word of such a merger of pure evil in the transfer of salvation.
Would not a scripture telling of Judas Iscariot performing a baptism leave no doubt to what you were saying if it were true?
Why is there no scripture whatsoever provided by Jesus to make clear the plausibility of combining heaven and hell working together in conjunction with His blood for successful salvation ?

Luk 7:50
And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Last edited:
For me personally, when I was baptised in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit I was making a public declaration of my willingness to follow the Almighty Triune God all the days of my life. Secondly, I thought of it as symbolising a spiritual cleansing, thirdly I did it because Jesus commanded it, and fourthly I was making a public statement of my faith in front of a large number of witnesses.

For me personally, when I was baptised in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit I was making a public declaration of my willingness to follow the Almighty Triune God all the days of my life. Secondly, I thought of it as symbolising a spiritual cleansing, thirdly I did it because Jesus commanded it, and fourthly I was making a public statement of my faith in front of a large number of witnesses.
This is very similar to my experience. I believe that what we is experienced is Scriptural baptism.

A robot could do it.

Spectacle indeed, but it is the one getting baptized that matters, not who is doing it.
The "requirement", and its results, are ordained by God.

Frankly speaking, I don't think anyone who truly submits to God would be left in such a situation.
Were they truly repentant at their water baptism, they will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost; and that gift will allow the new convert to see clearly what is going on around him.
God will provide a new environment for the holy.
I received the Holy Sport prior to being baptized in water. I was healed, saved, and received the Holy Spirit, then I was baptized in water as an affirmation.

Public Declarations of faith can, and should, be made 7 days a week .
Given that you came to love & trust Jesus for His sacrifice to save you before you were baptized, is it your biblical understanding that Christ would reject your existing love for Him if you were not now baptized ?

Back