Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Tell me, who blinded the 'old man' prior to belief? Read 2 Cor. 4:4

Tell me, from 'who's power' was Paul turned from? Read Acts 26:18

Take a simple look at those two scriptures. Tell me, who does those things?

Then tell me why you would see only the 'flesh man' or the 'old man' in either case?

If you see that much, you may see the power of lawlessness and 'who' is at the core of that matter.

If you need a finishing touch to it, read 1 John 3:8 and the connection should be most obvious.

flesh man, old man, adamic nature, ego, blah blah blah

Those are all fancy dancing past the obvious. And I just happen to know who the swinging partner is in all such exercises.

s
I have danced past nothing! and just when I begin to think you and I might come to have honest discussions you pull this "blah blah" stuff?

So what is it you want from me? :shrug

Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Mitspa:wave

I have danced past nothing! and just when I begin to think you and I might come to have honest discussions you pull this "blah blah" stuff?

So what is it you want from me?

Nothing more than an honest discussion.

They can be hard to find.

enjoy!

s

Nothing more than an honest discussion.

They can be hard to find.

enjoy!

s

2Pe 3:15

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Pe 3:17

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2Pe 3:18

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. :biglol

If at the end of your doctrine you can take one ounce of credit
you need to adjust your doctrine! If your doctrine makes some scriptures true and others untrue, your doctrine is wrong! True doctrines makes all scripture true!

Mitspa:thumbsup

2Pe 3:15

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Pe 3:17

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2Pe 3:18

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. :biglol

you need to adjust your doctrine! If your doctrine makes some scriptures true and others untrue, your doctrine is wrong! True doctrines makes all scripture true!

Mitspa:thumbsup
If any man at the completion of His obedience can think himself to have done anything, or has a desire to boast in his deeds. They do not understand the New Testament! If at the end of our obedience we Look to Our God and say Thank You for what You have done in me, Then we understand what Gods Word has spoken.

Every Commandment of God is fulfilled By God, Working in us By His Spirit!
No man can fulfill the "Royal Law" by keeping the Law of Moses, But every man fulfills the" Law of Moses "when they keep the "Royal Law"!

Act 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
Act 13:39

And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Act 13:40

Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;
Act 13:41

Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

Why are so many so set against the truth? No wonder you perish with the world, you who reject the Work of Christ!

Mitspa

I always know I'm dealing with a dancer by their inability to interact reasonably with various observations.

None of the above met that simple criteria. After a couple of posts which we've certainly had, you get the picture that some just don't care to look at the data and in fact they are not meant to see certain things.

I hold no animosity to any such believers. God really has everybody exactly where He wants them at any given point in time and in their lives.

If I for example can see that 'all law' is encompassed by Romans 13:8-10 and it is simple as daylight and another can not and can only see 'we are not under the law' and not peel back their minds a bit to see how both can and are true what can I say? They choose to reflect on what their own heart is drawn into.

Far be it from me to change the reflections of any person. Not my issue.

My true interest is to find honest believers to exchange with as in that there is mutual gain and edification.

Matthew 8:20
And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Some will think he was looking for a lost pillow. What can I say to such?

s

Last edited by a moderator:
I always know I'm dealing with a dancer by their inability to interact reasonably with various observations.

None of the above met that simple criteria. After a couple of posts which we've certainly had, you get the picture that some just don't care to look at the data and in fact they are not meant to see certain things.

I hold no animosity to any such believers. God really has everybody exactly where He wants them at any given point in time and in their lives.

If I for example can see that 'all law' is encompassed by Romans 13:8-10 and it is simple as daylight and another can not and can only see 'we are not under the law' and not peel back their minds a bit to see how both can and are true what can I say? They choose to reflect on what their own heart is drawn into.

Far be it from me to change the reflections of any person. Not my issue.

My true interest is to find honest believers to exchange with as in that there is mutual gain and edification.

Matthew 8:20
And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Some will think he was looking for a lost pillow. What can I say to such?

s

Again smaller, what is your point?
1Co 2:10

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Jesus was not of this world, he did not seek a home here, He spoke of things in heaven, which is His home and mine!

I also am not of this world, I am not trying to make points with mans wisdom. I am speaking of "Spiritual" things, that cannot be seen, but are more real than anything that the natural eye has ever seen.

So again, smaller, what is your point?:chin

Again smaller, what is your point?

Thread about 'why' God gave the Ten.

There is not a need for a point. Between believers are observations and reflections. [PROVERBS 27:17)
practice of faith for me.

Mine to you (last) was post #200.

Do you have a reflection other than to post scriptures?

Jesus was not of this world, he did not seek a home here, He spoke of things in heaven, which is His home and mine!

Which has what to do with why Jesus gave the Ten Commandments?

Don't you know we live in a world immersed in wickedness and we ourselves have lawlessness? Are the commands not written for us in this regards?

I also am not of this world, I am not trying to make points with mans wisdom. I am speaking of "Spiritual" things, that cannot be seen, but are more real than anything that the natural eye has ever seen.
The Law is spiritual. All of it is in behalf of and for us, to equip us all in many ways.

If The Spirit of Christ lives in any believer, Every Word of God is also in them.

Why then are there deniers of Law? Are you a denier?

s

The Ten Commandments can ONLY make you GUILTY!
They have NO POWER to make you righteous!

I have no issues with that fact.

Whether it is sin revealed or sin hidden, the Law is and will remain firmly fixed against all sin and evil in all of us, period.

Heaven and earth will pass away before the Law passes away in opposition to sin and evil.

There is no justification of that working in any of us regardless of our doctrinal constructs designed to ignore or justify sin and evil in us.

It is an inescapable conclusion.

Though we can easily transition to fairytale land in this regards claiming it to be faith can't we?

Thank God I, I, I am only justified and righteous in the eyes of God! He overlooks and justifies everything about me, me, me 'in faith.'

sure...in a pigs eye.

s

I have no issues with that fact.

Whether it is sin revealed or sin hidden, the Law is and will remain firmly fixed against all sin and evil in all of us, period.

Heaven and earth will pass away before the Law passes away in opposition to sin and evil.

There is no justification of that working in any of us regardless of our doctrinal constructs designed to ignore or justify sin and evil in us.

It is an inescapable conclusion.

Though we can easily transition to fairytale land in this regards claiming it to be faith can't we?

Thank God I, I, I am only justified and righteous in the eyes of God! He overlooks and justifies everything about me, me, me 'in faith.'

sure...in a pigs eye.

s
Look smaller I have been over this time and time THE LAW causes the Sin in us to abound! You have to ingore most of the New Testament to believe what you are trying to put forward as truth! Again you agree and then disagree? You make a point and then make another that goes against to the point you first made?

Rom 7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8

But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10

And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11

For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

To die to sin one must die to the Law!

Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

:biglol
clear: - certain, evident, manifest.

That which is not of faith is sin! the law is not of faith!

Thread about 'why' God gave the Ten.

There is not a need for a point. Between believers are observations and reflections. [PROVERBS 27:17) practice of faith for me.

Mine to you (last) was post #200.

Do you have a reflection other than to post scriptures?

Which has what to do with why Jesus gave the Ten Commandments?

Don't you know we live in a world immersed in wickedness and we ourselves have lawlessness? Are the commands not written for us in this regards?

The Law is spiritual. All of it is in behalf of and for us, to equip us all in many ways.

If The Spirit of Christ lives in any believer, Every Word of God is also in them.

Why then are there deniers of Law? Are you a denier?

s
Joh 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

You seem unaware of basic biblical truth?
If you want to be under law? then ok! but God has set me and those who believe on His Son "free" from the Law!

Rom 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This is so clear I wonder how some can be so blind?

Look smaller I have been over this time and time THE LAW causes the Sin in us to abound!

I agree. So your methodology is that if you avoid and deny Gods Words, Gods Laws that no longer happens and you become magically sinless?

That would appear to be the general methodology in such camps.

You have to ingore most of the New Testament to believe what you are trying to put forward as truth!

I don't deny whatsoever your bolded statement above. It is a very solid scriptural fact that continues to this day.

I certainly don't think we avoid that from happening by denying Gods Words, Gods Laws.

Do you?

Again you agree and then disagree? You make a point and then make another that goes against to the point you first made?

I have no issues with the Law being against sin and evil. Do you? Even if that means admitting that the Law still maintains that adverse relationship. I kinda like to maintain that same adverse relationship with sin and evil. How about you?

To die to sin one must die to the Law!

That is why I keep asking you if you believe by dodging the bolded fact above, if you somehow think that by denying Gods Words, Gods Laws, you avoid that fact from happening and even more, that you become magically sinless in the process.

I don't.
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

:biglol

The sin and evil in NO MAN will be justified or eliminated by dodging/denying the Law and hiding under Grace, nor does faith justify or condone any sin or evil.

Just sayin.'

If, as you seem to acknowledge, that God and His Laws are against sin and evil, and 'believers,' like you for example, are supposedly on the same page in that regard, being against sin and evil, how is it believers manage to be against the Law?

It would seem that the full intentions of both the Law and the believer are at least SIMILAR in this regards are they not?

If this is over your head let me know by just citing your favorite scriptures that you think somehow eliminate other scriptures followed by a little hand wave moticon.

:thumbsup

s

Look smaller, every few days you seem to kinda get a little upset and just kinda throw a bunch of words up to try and get a reaction from me? If you have a point "in scripture" not a dozen, and not your logic or mans logic, but a point in scripture! That we can take and have an honest discussion about? I will be glad to do that:)

You have read my post and you seem to disagree:lol

So give me a scripture that you think I am in conflict with, and I will give you my honest and biblical answer. You do not have to accept it, but you can at least understand why I see the scriptures in a different way than you:wave

Look smaller, every few days you seem to kinda get a little upset and just kinda throw a bunch of words up to try and get a reaction from me?

Nah, I just really enjoy theology in general. Nothing personal or upsetting about it whatsoever.

If you have a point "in scripture" not a dozen, and not your logic or mans logic, but a point in scripture! That we can take and have an honest discussion about? I will be glad to do that

I try to stick to factual engagements. You are welcome to engage or not.

It would be much easier to actually engage rather than throw out the bolded baloney.

When someone asks a question or questions it is polite to respond to those.

As it pertains to this subject we can both see that Paul was undoubtedly PRO Law can we NOT?

I certainly don't see any of the Apostles DENYING Gods Words, do YOU?

See, those are QUESTIONS.

s

Nah, I just really enjoy theology in general. Nothing personal or upsetting about it whatsoever.

I try to stick to factual engagements. You are welcome to engage or not.

It would be much easier to actually engage rather than throw out the bolded baloney.

When someone asks a question or questions it is polite to respond to those.

As it pertains to this subject we can both see that Paul was undoubtedly PRO Law can we NOT?

I certainly don't see any of the Apostles DENYING Gods Words, do YOU?

See, those are QUESTIONS.

s

Php 3:3

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4

Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5

Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6

Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Php 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Yea Paul was really pro-law? :toofunny

Php 3:3

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4

Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5

Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6

Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Php 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Yea Paul was really pro-law? :toofunny

Romans 3:31
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Romans 3:31
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.
For its purpose:) by the way could you give the version you use if not the( KJV) Thank you- Mitspa

Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

we who have died to the law agreed with the law! "for by the law I died to the law"

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

like Paul I am thankful that the Law showed me my sin, so that I might seek a Savior, but now I am no longer a sinner, but I am washed in His Blood, and I am made Righteous! The law is for sinners not for the Righteous!:)

For its purpose:)

Not so one sided as some like to cite then is it?

?

If the claim is you are now sinless perfection, I would say that some dance into that rat hole, purposefully set, just to see who is telling the truth.

s

Not so one sided as some like to cite then is it?

?

If the claim is you are now sinless perfection, I would say that some dance into that rat hole, purposefully set, just to see who is telling the truth.

s
Who said that? "In Him" I am sinless, apart from Him I am a worthless dog. But I am not apart from Him!:)

What translation did you use on that last post? I smell something kinda funny?:chin

Who said that? "In Him" I am sinless, apart from Him I am a worthless dog. But I am not apart from Him!:)

What translation did you use on that last post? I smell something kinda funny?:chin

Yeah, I kinda knew that with you from the start.

If the prior (NIV) smelled fishy, you can insert Jesus' Words and they match up pretty much identically:

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

When you figure out that would be 'every Word of God' let me know.

So far we have the 'except the law Words' which apparently are not liked all that well for some odd reason.

enjoy!

s

Yeah, I kinda knew that with you from the start.

If the prior (NIV) smelled fishy, you can insert Jesus' Words and they match up pretty much identically:

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

When you figure out that would be 'every Word of God' let me know.

So far we have the 'except the law Words' which apparently are not liked all that well for some odd reason.

enjoy!

s
Again I do not know what you want from me?

Rom 2:21

Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
Rom 2:22

Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?

Rom 2:23

Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

I boast only that Christ could keep the law!:wave

2Co 4:3

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2Co 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Back