Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

we who have died to the law agreed with the law! "for by the law I died to the law"

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

like Paul I am thankful that the Law showed me my sin, so that I might seek a Savior, but now I am no longer a sinner, but I am washed in His Blood, and I am made Righteous! The law is for sinners not for the Righteous!:)

like Paul I am thankful that the Law showed me my sin, so that I might seek a Savior, but now I am no longer a sinner, but I am washed in His Blood, and I am made Righteous! The law is for sinners not for the Righteous!:)

Yeah, I heard that. Quite awhile ago actually.

s

Yeah, I heard that. Quite awhile ago actually.

s

Rom 3:3

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? :biglol
Rom 3:4

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. :wave

Rom 3:4
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Yeah, I know, you are exempt from that fact as well.

Don't really know why you'd cite something that doesn't apply to you.

s

Yeah, I know, you are exempt from that fact as well.

Don't really know why you'd cite something that doesn't apply to you.

s

1Co 4:3

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4

For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. :biglol

1Co 4:3

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4

For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. :biglol

This is His blessing to you, Mitspa

John 15:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

This is His blessing to you, Mitspa

John 15:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Thanks Deb13:wave

I posted this on another thread this A.M.
I thought it belongs here too:thumbsup

Exo 32:27

And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
Exo 32:28

And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

When the" Letter" of the Law was given 3000 died!

Act 2:41

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

When the Spirit was given 3000 was saved!

Pentecost

Meaning fiftieth;

because occurring on the fiftieth day, calculated from the second day of unleavened bread. In the Old Testament it is called the feast of weeks, and the feast of harvest. Its primary object was to thank God for the blessings of harvest.

Here is the picture! By the Law man reaped death!
By the death of Christ, man reaped Life!
Rom 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

In biblical numbers, 50 is the number of perfect law!
Here we have the beginning of the New Testament!:chin

Rom 11:16

For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18

Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19

Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Here we have the warning, of first not boasting as if we had somehow taking the promises made to to jews by our own efforts!
But God in His Goodness, graffed us in to Himself, by His Own will and purpose!

We also see that "by faith" we are brought into the Kingdom of God. That the Jews were broken off because they sought the Kingdom by the works of the Law, not by faith!

For the Just shall live by faith! By faith we stand!

The warning God makes to us, that we received Christ and the Spirit by faith. "As ye have received Him, so walk ye in Him!"

Gal 3:2

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 5:4 (KJV)

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Gal 5:4 (ASV)

Ye are severed from Christ, ye who would be justified by the law; ye are fallen away from grace.

Gal 5:4 (ISV)

Those of you who are trying to be justified by the law have been cut off from Christ. You have fallen away from grace.

Those of you who are trying to be justified by the law have been cut off from Christ. You have fallen away from grace.

What can I say.. another STRAWMAN here.. nobody is being justified by keeping the LAW, in fact the LAW flat out has ALREADY condemned every one of us.

That's why the LAW does lead us to CHRIST, the perfect personification of the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the LAW OF GOD.

And HE IS our righteousness.

What can I say.. another STRAWMAN here.. nobody is being justified by keeping the LAW, in fact the LAW flat out has ALREADY condemned every one of us.

That's why the LAW does lead us to CHRIST, the perfect personification of the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the LAW OF GOD.

And HE IS our righteousness.

When believers love one another they are in fact following every jot and tittle of the TEN commandments and it is God in Christ IN THEM doing so.

The Law is spiritual in this regards. Paul laid it out simply in many places, primarily in Romans 13:8-10. Believers who say they can not love have not considered the simplicity of the law. His yoke is easy, His burden, light. Believers can't LOVE? That should be very very easy and peaceable produce of THE LAW in the heart. If Christ is in us, then so is Every Word of Him.

Believers who do not understand the Law is spiritual are carnal, probably meaning they can't read...:lol

Every spiritual fruit is written in the law and yes, believers are producers, technically...and Christ in them does produce...sometimes. :lol

s

Justification of LIFE...

Here is imo a fair scriptural representation of God's election..

First ADAM........................ 0%

Last ADAM........................100%

Our justification of LIFE is in Christ alone, the way, the truth, and the LIFE.. and this is what Paul clearly teaches in Romans 5:18..

IMO this is an extremely important fundamental truth of the gospel..

Adam was Gods son.

God never left Adam, nor forsook him.

There were two commands laid on him.

Be fruitful/multiply.

and

Eat freely but...

s

Justification of LIFE...

Then imo you simply disagree with the word of God as written from the inspired Apostle to the Gentiles..

What's your take on Romans 5 and Romans 5:18 in particular ?

The gospel of God concerning His Son...

And I would agree that the LORD did not forsake Adam and his wife, the mother of all living.. in fact He covered them with His own righteousness..

This doesn't change the simple biblical fact that DEATH has passed upon all in the FIRST ADAM.. and that ETERNAL LIFE is in the one and only LAST ADAM.. our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Re: Justification of LIFE...

Then imo you simply disagree with the word of God as written from the inspired Apostle to the Gentiles..

What's your take on Romans 5 and Romans 5:18 in particular ?

We've done this drill how many times? Read Mark 4:15 and you might (someday) see what happened to Adam, and that by Grand Design. We've also observed prior that 'all have sin' and 'sin is of the devil.' The math is not alterable, as unpleasant as it is to the pride of that worker in any of us.

A slice of humble pie is on the table to perceive our own thoughts in these matters.

If you eat it, you will see Adam was not alone, internally, nor is anyone else.

That piece can only be served to Gods children. The other party will resist internal ingestion as it is A MEAL OF LIGHT internally.

And read Romans 5:19, one of my favorite scriptures.

s

Re: The gospel of God concerning His Son...

And I would agree that the LORD did not forsake Adam and his wife, the mother of all living.. in fact He covered them with His own righteousness..

This doesn't change the simple biblical fact that DEATH has passed upon all in the FIRST ADAM.. and that ETERNAL LIFE is in the one and only LAST ADAM.. our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Yeah, Paul speaks intimately about what happened to Adam and it is the exact same condition presently for all of us.

The Divine Order of God is always, first the Natural, then the Spiritual.

God is 'like' A Divine Farmer in this way and He 'harvests' the eternal fruit being produced:

1 Cor. 15:
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made -

I think you have a semi-accurate picture of Adam, but to say he was worth a zero being a son of God is assuredly NOT an accurate picture.

As it pertains to this thread, the first TWO commands are also replicated in every command structure that arrived after those two. Those two are the 'manner' of every law since.

s

Re: Justification of LIFE...

We've done this drill how many times? Read Mark 4:15 and you might (someday) see what happened to Adam, and that by Grand Design. We've also observed prior that 'all have sin' and 'sin is of the devil.' The math is not alterable, as unpleasant as it is to the pride of that worker in any of us.

A slice of humble pie is on the table to perceive our own thoughts in these matters.

If you eat it, you will see Adam was not alone, internally, nor is anyone else.

That piece can only be served to Gods children. The other party will resist internal ingestion as it is A MEAL OF LIGHT internally.

And read Romans 5:19, one of my favorite scriptures.

s

You have shared your thoughts on the matter many times now.. if that's what you mean.. and as we continue it appears evident that you're denying the very basis of the gospel itself.. condemnation in the first Adam and Eternal life in the last Adam, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

From what I've seen in the other thread, you're reluctant to simply come out and say that YOU have never been disobedient to the Lord.. and that each and every time you were simply a pawn in the whole matter because you also believe that the devil is in you..

From what I've seen you are denying a fundamental truth of the scriptures.. that all in Adam are under condemnation as witnessed by DEATH passing upon all men.. and that all are justified freely in the Lord Jesus Christ.. the second man, and the Last Adam.

Yeah, Paul speaks intimately about what happened to Adam and it is the exact same condition presently for all of us.

The Divine Order of God is always, first the Natural, then the Spiritual.

God is 'like' A Divine Farmer in this way and He 'harvests' the eternal fruit being produced:

1 Cor. 15:
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made -

I think you have a semi-accurate picture of Adam, but to say he was worth a zero being a son of God is assuredly NOT an accurate picture.

As it pertains to this thread, the first TWO commands are also replicated in every command structure that arrived after those two. Those two are the 'manner' of every law since.

s

So let's cut to the chase here as well..

Have you ever been disobedient to the Lord..? Yes or No will be requested here.. you can comment further if you'd like but let's start with a yes or a no.

If not.. are you simply a pawn in the whole matter and believe that it's the devil in you that is sinning and not you as a person ?

If that's what you believe.. then wouldn't we need to conclude that you believe that God didn't die for YOUR SIN, but rather for the sin of the devil in you ?

So let's cut to the chase here as well..

Have you ever been disobedient to the Lord..? Yes or No will be requested here.. you can comment further if you'd like but let's start with a yes or a no.

Yes and undoubtedly. I consider every stray sinning thought as A SIN and yes, this assuredly transpires within. I source those to whom they are from.

If you read Romans 7, you will see exactly how these things work within from Paul's own lips when the Word, the Law of do not lust came into his own mind and what subsequently happened within him.

This principle still goes on with all of us whether we look at the law or not.

The Law for His children is purposefully designed this way to pick up and identify stray thoughts, source them, and eliminate those enemies on the spot, knowing that they are not ours as Gods children. The battle is and always has been 'an internal one' for every believer.
If not.. are you simply a pawn in the whole matter and believe that it's the devil in you that is sinning and not you as a person ?

Just let down your own internal guard and see how fast your dust pile will be over run with weeds and thorns.
If that's what you believe.. then wouldn't we need to conclude that you believe that God didn't die for YOUR SIN, but rather for the sin of the devil in you ?

God in Christ certainly didn't die to authorize our sin
What in the world are you thinking?

Or even worse, the thread starter concluding he is sinless if he avoids the law.

Some thoughts can be pretty bizarre.

The Word assuredly will bring the whirlwind into the mind and heart. By Design.

We see it here everyday.

s

Back