Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Re: The gospel of God concerning His Son...

Yes and undoubtedly. I consider every stray sinning thought as A SIN and yes, this assuredly transpires within. I source those to whom they are from.

Sounds to me like you're speaking from both sides of your mouth.

You say YES UNDOUBTEDLY that you have been disobedient.. and then in the next words say that you SOURCE those to whom they are from..

There you're clearly speaking of the devil which you believe is in you.. correct ? So who is sinning, you or the devil or both ?

:sad
Sounds to me like you're speaking from both sides of your mouth.

You say YES UNDOUBTEDLY that you have been disobedient.. and then in the next words say that you SOURCE those to whom they are from..

There you're clearly speaking of the devil which you believe is in you.. correct ? So who is sinning, you or the devil or both ?

It is not hard for me to recognize temptation of the tempter within.

Do with that fact whatever you want from there. In fact, just blanket that fact of it being of the tempter and blame and accuse yourself. That too is the direction that most will be drawn.

The accuser of the brethren will accuse who? That's right. First YOU, then OTHER believers.

We are called to divide from the evil we carry in our own minds and hearts.

The division is easy when seen as not ourselves.

Every unbeliever though will have a continuing hard time coming to grips with this fact:

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

When the LIGHT of His Word comes within, there WILL be resistance in everyone by the opposition.

Those who are 'in Truth' will not say "I have no sin" and they will also know that sin is of the DEVIL.

You are welcome to say that the tempter inserts no tempting thoughts in your mind and heart. And I will put my tongue in cheek.

s

:sad

It is not hard for me to recognize temptation of the tempter within.

It's not difficult for me either.. been dealing with it for almost thirty years now.

Do with that fact whatever you want from there. In fact, just blanket that fact of it being of the tempter and blame and accuse yourself. That too is the direction that most will be drawn.

Simply because I'm being honest with myself.. knowing that I have been disobedient to the Lord since becoming a Christian.. and to simply blame the devil for our sin is unscriptural.. the condemnation came upon Adam and death has passed upon all men from the beginning of his transgression.

AND we're flat out told that Adam was not deceived.

The accuser of the brethren will accuse who? That's right. First YOU, then OTHER believers.

Satan didn't pass judgment upon ADAM... GOD DID..

We are called to divide from the evil we carry in our own minds and hearts.

The division is easy when seen as not ourselves.

I agree it's infinitely more difficult to agree with God and admit that it IS ourselves. IMO you're denying that very thing.

Every unbeliever though will have a continuing hard time coming to grips with this fact:

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

When the LIGHT of His Word comes within, there WILL be resistance in everyone by the opposition.

Those who are 'in Truth' will not say "I have no sin" and they will also know that sin is of the DEVIL.

You are welcome to say that the tempter inserts no tempting thoughts in your mind and heart. And I will put my tongue in cheek.

s

Here's your STRAWMAN..

I understand perfectly well where temptation comes from.. and we are carried away of our OWN lusts.. that's why we're to put off the old man because he is corrupt according to deceitful lusts.

And I also understand the full armour of God which enables us to combat the fiery darts of the wicked one.. as we struggle against wickedness in HIGH PLACES, against the rulers of the darkness of THIS WORLD.. and we know that greater is HE that is in me than he that is IN THE WORLD..

It's not difficult for me either.. been dealing with it for almost thirty years now.

Well, thanks for at least recognizing a modicum of fact.

It's not hard to understand this matter. And it is even LESS hard to lie about it, which is where a LOT of believers seem to end up landing.

s

Well, thanks for at least recognizing a modicum of fact.

It's not hard to understand this matter. And it is even LESS hard to lie about it, which is where a LOT of believers seem to end up landing.

s

No kidding..

What can I say.. another STRAWMAN here.. nobody is being justified by keeping the LAW, in fact the LAW flat out has ALREADY condemned every one of us.

That's why the LAW does lead us to CHRIST, the perfect personification of the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the LAW OF GOD.

And HE IS our righteousness.

Gee Eventide, I wonder if the Holy Spirit would convict us of that? All the time? or does Christ change when we mess-up?

By the way, I did not write that scripture! not sure how a scripture could be a "strawman"?

Joh 1:17 (ISV)

For while the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18

No one has ever seen God. The unique God, who is close to the Father's side, has revealed him.

That no man can see or know God by the law is clear, even when God gave the law through Moses he told the people" Behold you have seen NO Image"

Only as we behold Christ Jesus, apart from the Law, will we be able to know God The Father.

Heb 1:2 (ISV)

has in these last days spoken to us by a Son whom he appointed to be the heir of everything and through whom he also made the universe.
Heb 1:3

He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

2Co 3:15(ISV)

Yet even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.
2Co 3:16

But whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.

The just shall live by faith!

Gal 2:16

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19

For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

No man can be "in Christ" and be under law!:readbible

Gal 2:16

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19

For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

No man can be "in Christ" and be under law!:readbible

Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Heb 12:18

For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
Heb 12:19

And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
Heb 12:20

(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
Heb 12:21

And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake

When will man see that Gods Righteousness can not be touched by the efforts of man?

Isa 2:11

The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
Isa 2:12

For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

Repent of your "dead" works of flesh, works of law. Turn to God and His Righteousness, by faith!
For the just shall live by faith!

-Mitspa:pray

Gen 3:4

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Gen 3:5

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The Lord has set us free from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, by the knowledge of His Righteous Work done upon the tree of The Cross!

But the serpent still speaks;"go back to the law"- you shall not surely die"

Gal 4:21

Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
Gal 4:22

For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23

But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25

For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. :wave

If we do certain things, we get into a lot of trouble. Therefore, the Lord taught us not to do these things. These teachings are called commandments.

If we do certain things, we get into a lot of trouble. Therefore, the Lord taught us not to do these things. These teachings are called commandments.

Gal 5:4

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

2Co 3:7

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
2Co 3:8

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Co 3:10

For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
2Co 3:11

For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Thayer Definition:
1) clear, evident, manifest:chin

Gal 5:4

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

2Co 3:7

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
2Co 3:8

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Co 3:10

For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
2Co 3:11

For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Thayer Definition:
1) clear, evident, manifest:chin
We are told that we are to leave the first principles of the doctrine of Christ and go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and the doctrine of baptisms and other first principles (Hebrews 6). What would you think of a builder who was everlastingly pulling down his house and putting in fresh foundations? Never look back if you want the power o f God in your life. You will find out that in the measure you have allowed yourself to look back you have missed that which God has for you.

The Holy Ghost shows us that we must never look back to the law of sin and death from which we have been delivered. God has brought us into a new order of things, a life of love and liberty in Christ Jesus that is beyond all human comprehension. Many are brought into this new life through the power of the Spirit of God, and then, like the Galatians, who ran well at the beginning, they try to perfect themselves on the lines of legalism. They go back from the life in the Spirit to a life on natural lines. God is not pleased with this, for He has no place for the man who has lost the vision. The only thing to do is to repent. Don’t try to cover up anything. If you have been tripped tip on any line, confess it out, and then look to God to bring you to a place of stability of faith where your whole walk will be in the Spirit. - Smith Wigglesworth

We are told that we are to leave the first principles of the doctrine of Christ and go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and the doctrine of baptisms and other first principles (Hebrews 6). What would you think of a builder who was everlastingly pulling down his house and putting in fresh foundations? Never look back if you want the power o f God in your life. You will find out that in the measure you have allowed yourself to look back you have missed that which God has for you.

The Holy Ghost shows us that we must never look back to the law of sin and death from which we have been delivered. God has brought us into a new order of things, a life of love and liberty in Christ Jesus that is beyond all human comprehension. Many are brought into this new life through the power of the Spirit of God, and then, like the Galatians, who ran well at the beginning, they try to perfect themselves on the lines of legalism. They go back from the life in the Spirit to a life on natural lines. God is not pleased with this, for He has no place for the man who has lost the vision. The only thing to do is to repent. Don’t try to cover up anything. If you have been tripped tip on any line, confess it out, and then look to God to bring you to a place of stability of faith where your whole walk will be in the Spirit. - Smith Wigglesworth

Joh 1:16

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, butgrace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The scriptures are clear, that any man who attempts to be justified by law, has fallen from Grace!

A man who thinks himself able to keep the law, is a man who is living a lie!

The Lord will not lay His Grace upon a lie! He lays His Grace upon those who admit they need His Grace!

Joh 1:16

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, butgrace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The scriptures are clear, that any man who attempts to be justified by law, has fallen from Grace!

A man who thinks himself able to keep the law, is a man who is living a lie!

The Lord will not lay His Grace upon a lie! He lays His Grace upon those who admit they need His Grace!

Gen 3:4

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Gen 3:5

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The Lord has set us free from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, by the knowledge of His Righteous Work done upon the tree of The Cross!

But the serpent still speaks;"go back to the law"- you shall not surely die"

Gal 4:21

Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
Gal 4:22

For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23

But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25

For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. :wave

Romans 7:
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Galatians 3:21
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid:

The Law was never our enemy. They are, after all is said and done, Gods Words in which the Promise of Perfection is contained.

An obviously conclusion in these matters is that we are not presently perfect. Is the Law our enemy for showing us this fact?

Probably not.

We certainly don't gain any benefit from not understanding ourselves and imagining ourselves into Perfection. That's the first step into hypocrisy. "I'm obviously not Perfect" "But I am Perfect."

Again, probably not. Not presently anyway. Unless one gets sucked into fairy tale land.

s

Romans 7:
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Galatians 3:21
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid:

The Law was never our enemy. They are, after all is said and done, Gods Words in which the Promise of Perfection is contained.

An obviously conclusion in these matters is that we are not presently perfect. Is the Law our enemy for showing us this fact?

Probably not.

We certainly don't gain any benefit from not understanding ourselves and imagining ourselves into Perfection. That's the first step into hypocrisy. "I'm obviously not Perfect" "But I am Perfect."

Again, probably not. Not presently anyway. Unless one gets sucked into fairy tale land.

s

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

The strength of sin is the law!

Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
The strength of sin is the law!
Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The sin in any believer remains condemned under the Law whether they run and hide from that factual conclusion, seeking to cover same under Grace, or not. And 'all' have same.

The LAW is not against the Promises of God.

Exactly zero believers became 'sinless' under Grace while they were still here on earth.

zero.

Romans 8:10
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin

It is 'not so' and can not be so if one claims they are sinless.

It also shows how deceptive sin in the body can be.

s

Again smaller you make no point!

We who are justified by Christ can not be judged by the law!

Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Again smaller you make no point!

We who are justified by Christ can not be judged by the law!

The 'point' has always been the same. The sin and evil in no person is justified under Grace or under Law.

That never happened and never will happen.

Paul warned every believer off of the works of sin because it is there to reign in the body, condemned under both Law and Grace.

Not 'excused.' Not 'overlooked.' Not 'covered up.' It is openly exposed to be in us and condemned. It did not 'disappear.'

Judged of no man would apply for about a nanosecond were a believer to kill for example, Paul included.

Even the 'thought' of sin remains a sin in any who have such and ALL have such.

Paul was no different than any of us in this regards. When the Law is applied, sin springs into 'internal actions.' It is there to be met and resisted. And certainly not to be 'ignored, brushed off or excused in the 'Name of God.'

s

Back