Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

The 'point' has always been the same. The sin and evil in no person is justified under Grace or under Law.

That never happened and never will happen.

Paul warned every believer off of the works of sin because it is there to reign in the body, condemned under both Law and Grace.

Not 'excused.' Not 'overlooked.' Not 'covered up.' It is openly exposed to be in us and condemned. It did not 'disappear.'

Judged of no man would apply for about a nanosecond were a believer to kill for example, Paul included.

Even the 'thought' of sin remains a sin in any who have such and ALL have such.

Paul was no different than any of us in this regards. When the Law is applied, sin springs into 'internal actions.' It is there to be met and resisted. And certainly not to be 'ignored, brushed off or excused in the 'Name of God.'

s
The "flesh" is not justified, but the spirit of a believer is, thus we must walk by the spirit!

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Yeah. I saw you live by every Word of God, yet deny Law Words.

How does that work, exactly?
I agreed with the Law that I was a sinner in need of a Savior. I was made clean and righteous by faith in His Blood and I have died to the Law, so that I might live to Christ. I fulfill the Law by walking in the Spirit by faith.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

I agreed with the Law that I was a sinner in need of a Savior. I was made clean and righteous by faith in His Blood and I have died to the Law, so that I might live to Christ. I fulfill the Law by walking in the Spirit by faith.

Ah, so Jesus said man shall live by every Word of God until they believe? Then they can toss what they don't like based on other Words of God? Is that it?

?

Ah, so Jesus said man shall live by every Word of God until they believe? Then they can toss what they don't like based on other Words of God? Is that it?

?
No, you see I keep the law by the "spirit" for law is "spiritual" it can only be fulfilled by the spirit. I honor the law for its purpose. "through the law I died to the law" I admitted that my "flesh" can not keep what God requires. So I died with Christ, dying to the deception of the flesh that it can please God. The ones who deny the Word of God, and break the Law are those who attempt to keep it, by their own ability.

No, you see I keep the law by the "spirit" for law is "spiritual" it can only be fulfilled by the spirit. I honor the law for its purpose. "through the law I died to the law" I admitted that my "flesh" can not keep what God requires. So I died with Christ, dying to the deception of the flesh that it can please God. The ones who deny the Word of God, and break the Law are those who attempt to keep it, by their own ability.

So, you are not under the Law but fulfill same via The Spirit?

and for the record, I would agree with that conclusion.

I've found no other track through the matter other than to recognize, in Truth, that sin/evil present remains utterly condemned under the 'letter of the Law' and simultaneously overcome through the Spirit of Life in Love ala Romans 13:8-10.

You would see then that there is no 'denial' of Law or any of Gods Words in that?

s

So, you are not under the Law but fulfill same via The Spirit?

and for the record, I would agree with that conclusion.

I've found no other track through the matter other than to recognize, in Truth, that sin/evil present remains utterly condemned under the 'letter of the Law' and simultaneously overcome through the Spirit of Life in Love ala Romans 13:8-10.

You would see then that there is no 'denial' of Law or any of Gods Words in that?

s
I am glad we can come to a point of agreement!

So then for all "believers" they must deny the "natural" and begin to live by the "spirit"!

This has been my point from the beginning!

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

So then for all "believers" they must deny the "natural" and begin to live by the "spirit"!

The point will remain. The 'evil' present within any believer does not change it's stripes nor become anything different than what it is, a RESISTOR of God, His Word and His Ways.

Those in Truth know the difference between themselves and what they 'factually' carry. They do not cover it up, lie about it or seek to hide that working under Grace, which same working is and remains a fact to this day, exposed and revealed 'under the LIGHT OF THE LAW.

Uh, no. We will continue to halt at the same point every time when 'evil present' is masked and covered over in the name of Grace or refused to be exposed under LAW. It's the SAME WORKING in believers that does that and DOES NOT SUBMIT to Gods Conclusions of that evil present being a fact.

s

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

To walk in the Spirit is to walk in agreement with Gods mercy.
To attempt to justify oneself by law is to reject Gods mercy, and invite His wrath!

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Clearly the great sin, is to turn from GRACE back to law!

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Clearly the great sin, is to turn from GRACE back to law!

The Grace of God will avail exactly zero to the evil present in us.

Eventually it comes to pass that such coverups result in believers doing the exact opposite of the Spirit of the Law. They will first seek to kill other believers by attempting to justify burning them alive in fire or eternally killing them.

This is in fact the evil infection that has been 'in the heart of the church members' for a considerably long time and is evidenced everywhere in almost every believer, down to the last one.

Jesus gave us only one measure. We know our brothers in Him by their fruit.

Few step out and apart from that working, not even realizing what they are doing and seeking.

s

The Grace of God will avail exactly zero to the evil present in us.

Eventually it comes to pass that such coverups result in believers doing the exact opposite of the Spirit of the Law. They will first seek to kill other believers by attempting to justify burning them alive in fire or eternally killing them.

This is in fact the evil infection that has been 'in the heart of the church members' for a considerably long time and is evidenced everywhere in almost every believer, down to the last one.

Jesus gave us only one measure. We know our brothers in Him by their fruit.

Few step out and apart from that working, not even realizing what they are doing and seeking.

s

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Rom 7:20

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

True repentance is the picture of baptism. Its a picture of our hearts admission that we can not honor God in our own strength.
To "act" as if one can keep the law by their own will, is to deceive oneself and is to deny clear scripture.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Col 2:14

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Col 2:15

And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Eph 2:15

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

At the Cross, Christ who knew no sin became sin for us.
For the Law of Moses was just and holy, and it demanded
that death was the price for sin. Christ Jesus Himself paid this price for us when He allowed Himself to be crucified.
This freedom from The Law was won for all who "believe"

Act 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
Act 13:39

And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses

Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

I find it really hard to understand how satan has so blinded much of the "church" It seems so few understand what is so clear?:pray

I find it really hard to understand how satan has so blinded much of the "church" It seems so few understand what is so clear?:pray
[/SIZE]

Do you not know that it is the Law, The Word of God that impels the worker of darkness into the heart?

You think somehow the Law is against us in that matter? Or that we 'avoid' that engagement by dodging God and His Words?

You think the Law was not written against the lawless one without exact Divine Intentions of judgment, condemnation and eventually, eternal death?

The Law is much more interesting than it's commonly seen in such brush offs. We do not claim 'righteousness' under 'legal performances' because it is not possible when the power of Satan is in resisting operations therein and thereunder.

The Law was always made to arouse, to identify/reveal and to divide us from that working, even while we remain subject to that working at a minimum, in MIND and HEART in this present world in the form of temptation thoughts in this dust pile we call a body. Satan was commanded by God to 'eat dust.' That dust was not 'dust' on the ground. And 'eat' he shall do.

It is impossible to credibly stand under the law and NOT see the workings of the lawless one, the location of same, and be 'in Truth.'

In The Light of the Law,
we should NOT be seeing just ourselves, alone, to find Divine understandings.

Walking in the Spirit of the Law, which Paul shows clearly in many places, we overcome that working, even while that working is simultaneously tortured and condemned IN US.

Psalm 66:
5 Come and see the works of God: he is terrible in his doing toward the children of men.
6 He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in him.
7 He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah.
8 O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:
9 Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.
10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.
11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.
12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

This life is a trial with 'us' and the 'evil present' that every last person is bound to. It is no different with any man.

The same Word that LIFTS is also the Word that CONDEMNS.

Pity to MIX the Two. Better to understand, to fear our Maker and find division.

The same Word that God commands, to love our brothers, is the same Word that arouses Satan in the heart to promote burning them alive forever.

The evidence is in and open before our own eyes. Yet it remains unseen. That is how utterly BLIND many are. Blindness is not an 'external' matter.

Isaiah 25:7
And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

That Moutain is ZION, the dry and thirsty ground of men in faith, where HIS RAIN of MERCY falls and PRODUCES.

The 'covering' is Satan who BLINDS THE MINDS of the captives.

s

Do you not know that it is the Law, The Word of God that impels the worker of darkness into the heart?

You think somehow the Law is against us in that matter? Or that we 'avoid' that engagement by dodging God and His Words?

You think the Law was not written against the lawless one without exact Divine Intentions of judgment, condemnation and eventually, eternal death?

The Law is much more interesting than it's commonly seen in such brush offs. We do not claim 'righteousness' under 'legal performances' because it is not possible when the power of Satan is in resisting operations therein and thereunder.

The Law was always made to arouse, to identify/reveal and to divide us from that working, even while we remain subject to that working at a minimum, in MIND and HEART in this present world in the form of temptation thoughts in this dust pile we call a body. Satan was commanded by God to 'eat dust.' That dust was not 'dust' on the ground. And 'eat' he shall do.

It is impossible to credibly stand under the law and NOT see the workings of the lawless one, the location of same, and be 'in Truth.'

In The Light of the Law,
we should NOT be seeing just ourselves, alone, to find Divine understandings.

Walking in the Spirit of the Law, which Paul shows clearly in many places, we overcome that working, even while that working is simultaneously tortured and condemned IN US.

Psalm 66:
5 Come and see the works of God: he is terrible in his doing toward the children of men.
6 He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in him.
7 He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah.
8 O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:
9 Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.
10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.
11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.
12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

This life is a trial with 'us' and the 'evil present' that every last person is bound to. It is no different with any man.

The same Word that LIFTS is also the Word that CONDEMNS.

Pity to MIX the Two. Better to understand, to fear our Maker and find division.

The same Word that God commands, to love our brothers, is the same Word that arouses Satan in the heart to promote burning them alive forever.

The evidence is in and open before our own eyes. Yet it remains unseen. That is how utterly BLIND many are. Blindness is not an 'external' matter.

Isaiah 25:7
And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

That Moutain is ZION, the dry and thirsty ground of men in faith, where HIS RAIN of MERCY falls and PRODUCES.

The 'covering' is Satan who BLINDS THE MINDS of the captives.

s

Read (2 Cor 3) The veil and the blindness is upon those who seek to serve God by the efforts of the flesh, through the law of moses! even until this day when moses is read a veil is upon their hearts!
No! one must admit they cannot keep the law by self effort nor by religious works. We must enter into the spirit, by faith!
Through the Spirit of Grace we overcome the weakness of our flesh. By the spirit we walk and bring forth fruit of the Spirit!

Read (2 Cor 3) The veil and the blindness is upon those who seek to serve God by the efforts of the flesh, through the law of moses! even until this day when moses is read a veil is upon their hearts!

Indeed, even put upon them by God Himself by the working of His Word. Read Mark 4:15 to see how that works, the instrument of blinding, and where it transpires.

No! one must admit they cannot keep the law by self effort nor by religious works.

One certainly 'keeps' the law by following the spiritual dictates it commands. Carnal men can't see it that way.

Paul details this quite nicely in Romans 13:8-10 which you and I have discussed many times now. The Law was, is and will remain spiritual. Black on white ain't gonna cut it.
We must enter into the spirit, by faith!
Through the Spirit of Grace we overcome the weakness of our flesh. By the spirit we walk and bring forth fruit of the Spirit!

The Spirit will never deny Gods Words, the LAW. Those who go there only serve to show their own blindness to the matters.

s

Indeed, even put upon them by God Himself by the working of His Word. Read Mark 4:15 to see how that works, the instrument of blinding, and where it transpires.

One certainly 'keeps' the law by following the spiritual dictates it commands. Carnal men can't see it that way.

Paul details this quite nicely in Romans 13:8-10 which you and I have discussed many times now. The Law was, is and will remain spiritual. Black on white ain't gonna cut it.

The Spirit will never deny Gods Words, the LAW. Those who go there only serve to show their own blindness to the matters.

s
It seems we agree?
the law cannot be kept nor should any pretend that they do! apart from the Spirit of God!

it seems we have agreed on this point before? but then I think we disagree on how we walk in the spirit?
But never mind that we have agreed on it, so "so be it"

Back