Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Singing a new tune now? heh heh

Yer a pretty funny dude. One minute nay, the next minute yea

What in the world are you even talking about?

You can bless your darkness all the live long day and claim you are all, only and ever light, all the while running away from GODS LAW as fast as you possibly can.

I will remain apart from those measures because they are not truthful.

s
They that worship God must worship Him in spirit and truth!

It is a small thing to be judged by you or any other man.
God has justified me, who can condemn?

Blessed is the man in whom the Lord will not impute sin!
Yea thats me!

To walk in the Spirit is to walk in agreement with Gods mercy.
To attempt to justify oneself by law is to reject Gods mercy, and invite His wrath!

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Clearly the great sin, is to turn from GRACE back to law!

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

As ye have received Christ Jesus, so walk ye in Him!

Paul said that they would false teachers that would try to deceive believers as satan deceived eve?

DID GOD REALLY SAY?

This is yet how he tempts us to turn from paridise and Gods abundant grace, back to the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

No faith in Christ is the tree of life!

Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

I find it really hard to understand how satan has so blinded much of the "church" It seems so few understand what is so clear?:pray

The Apostle Paul, in Gal. declares boldy that if any preach another gospel other than grace, that they are cursed!

He says it twice, just in case you did not get it the first time!

Why is the church full of sickness, weakness, sin, greedy and selfish leaders, etc...

Because the gospel has been perverted by religion!

We again have been brought into bondage of law and sin. We have been taught that its our own works that save us.

Faith has been made void by law and religious works!

But some will say,"we are not under law"? I would ask you, have you cast out the bondwoman, or have you just put a new set of religious cloths on her?

We have just changed one set of rules for another!

Vanity of all vanities!

Christ alone is your law, his love is your only commandment!

They that worship God must worship Him in spirit and truth!

It is a small thing to be judged by you or any other man.
God has justified me, who can condemn?

Blessed is the man in whom the Lord will not impute sin!
Yea thats me!

The Law should have certainly taught you by now that internal resistance is a fact beyond denial.

You decry the works of Satan, and rightfully so. And you even see and point to that working as being and even speaking through believers via deception.

And again, rightfully so.

To say any of us are exempt however just by taking on some particular slant or point of view is a fallacy of that same working.

s

The Law should have certainly taught you by now that internal resistance is a fact beyond denial.

You decry the works of Satan, and rightfully so. And you even see and point to that working as being and even speaking through believers via deception.

And again, rightfully so.

To say any of us are exempt however just by taking on some particular slant or point of view is a fallacy of that same working.

s

You put your faith and trust in man and his weakness!
My trust is in God and the Blood of my Beloved Savior Jesus Christ the Righteous!

I stay with Him, you can earn what you deserve!

For those who receive an abundace of grace and THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS shall reign in life with Christ Jesus!

He is my law and my righteousness, no one can condemn what God has JUSTIFIED!

My trust is in God and the Blood of my Beloved Savior Jesus Christ the Righteous!

For those who receive an abundace of grace and THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS shall reign in life with Christ Jesus!

Amen!

The lawlessness in NO PERSON is justified in any way shape or form, period.

And there is no sense in trying to heap perfection scriptures where there is none to be had other than by imaginations.

There are certain 'facts' of our present reality that do not change. Here they are and it does not even have to be set to print to be able to see these facts:

1 Cor. 15:
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made

Every last one of us who stand temporarily alive today bear the NATURAL MAN in all our temporal non-splendor.

And we can proclaim all the GLORY over those matters one might think they see and it will change NONE of it, as all of these will BE GONE in the culmination.

One does not make disappear corruption, weakness, dishonor and the natural body by the proclamation of any scripture.

Simultaneously to this, an 'inner man' is in the process of being FORMED. But blinded declaration of any of us being the ENTIRETY of PERFECTION of that in our present state is utter nonsense.

s

My Redeemer lives! I spoke with Him onlys moments ago!

Thanks ilove

The Apostle Paul, in Gal. declares boldy that if any preach another gospel other than grace, that they are cursed!

He says it twice, just in case you did not get it the first time!

Why is the church full of sickness, weakness, sin, greedy and selfish leaders, etc...

Because the gospel has been perverted by religion!

We again have been brought into bondage of law and sin. We have been taught that its our own works that save us.

Faith has been made void by law and religious works!

But some will say,"we are not under law"? I would ask you, have you cast out the bondwoman, or have you just put a new set of religious cloths on her?

We have just changed one set of rules for another!

Vanity of all vanities!

Christ alone is your law, his love is your only commandment!

(John 5:45) Think not that I shall accuse you to the Father, there is one who accuses you! Moses in whom you trust!

You who are under law are always guilty before the Father, he has no pleasure in you at all!

You have rejected His Beloved Son and salvation, you are cursed by the same law you attempt to keep.

The ministry of death, written and engraved on stones (Ten Commandments) are not of faith!

Any church or ministry that teaches a man can be justified by keeping any commandment of moses, is in error and lead one into bondage.

Only In Christ can one be justified, for the just shall live by faith!

(John 5:45) Think not that I shall accuse you to the Father, there is one who accuses you! Moses in whom you trust!

You who are under law are always guilty before the Father, he has no pleasure in you at all!

You have rejected His Beloved Son and salvation, you are cursed by the same law you attempt to keep.

The ministry of death, written and engraved on stones (Ten Commandments) are not of faith!

Any church or ministry that teaches a man can be justified by keeping any commandment of moses, is in error and lead one into bondage.

Only In Christ can one be justified, for the just shall live by faith!

I agree with this 100 over 100, but any church or ministry that teaches you may freely violate the law is teaching something that will lead to eternal death.

The law justifies no one, but breaking the law condemns one.

I agree with this 100 over 100, but any church or ministry that teaches you may freely violate the law is teaching something that will lead to eternal death.

The law justifies no one, but breaking the law condemns one.
This is the a charge laid against the Apostle Paul also! The true gospel will bring this charge every time?

But the scriptures are very clear the strength of sin is the law. the power over sin is in the free and abundannt grace that flows by the Spirit!

What is Pauls response to sin in the church, EVERY TIME?

He never points back to the law, but always he reminds belivers of Gods Spirit within and to walk in faith to overcome every weakness of flesh.

To try and deal with the flesh and sin apart from the Spirit and faith is a great error brought into the church.

God desires we serve Him by faith and love! Not fear and guilt.

Will all walk with God by faith and love? no! but we do not turn from grace back to law, because of the few who can not obey the gospel.

some save by fear!

But never return to law!

Gen 3:4

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Gen 3:5

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The Lord has set us free from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, by the knowledge of His Righteous Work done upon the tree of The Cross!

But the serpent still speaks;"go back to the law"- you shall not surely die"

Gal 4:21

Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
Gal 4:22

For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23

But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25

For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. :wave

Ye who are justified by law have fallen from grace.

Paul wrote that he was amazed that some would turn from the true GOSPEL OF GRACE to another gospel.

Grace is undeserved favor from God "freely justified by His Grace"

"But what about sin"? Grace will overcome it just as light overcomes darkness!

What if Lazereth stinketh when he comes from death?

Loose Him! from the grave cloths and he is free!

Faith does not look at mans weakness but It looks to The Power of Gods Grace!

We overcome the flesh through growing in grace, it is a process of spiritual growth. Will me make mistakes along the way? yes but Gods grace is always there to lift us above our failures. What we do not ever do, is turn back into bondage of law!

The strength of sin is the law!
The law is not of faith!

Paul wrote that he was amazed that some would turn from the true GOSPEL OF GRACE to another gospel.

We overcome the flesh through growing in grace, it is a process of spiritual growth. Will me make mistakes along the way? yes but Gods grace is always there to lift us above our failures. What we do not ever do, is turn back into bondage of law!

The law is not of faith!

The strength of LAW to SIN is a factual relationship that doesn't change.

And the Law is also spiritual and followed spiritually, to which you yourself have said 'you follow and adhere to.'

You only play one side of the keyboard and hope the other will go away if you don't look at it. Which is quite typical.

s

The law is not of faith!

A retrobate man cannot be purified by faith!
Those who reject grace reject the Work of Christ and the gospel!

Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

I find it really hard to understand how satan has so blinded much of the "church" It seems so few understand what is so clear?:pray

The law condemns the best of us! Grace saves the worst of us!

The wages of sin, is death. But the free gift is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord!

You decide, do you want what you have earned, or do you want to receive the free gift of life?

I lay before you, life and death, CHOOSE LIFE!

Rom 7:4

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8

But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

Rom 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

One must die to the Law to walk in the "spirit" You cannot look to the law and to Christ.

Gal 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

That which is not of faith, is sin! and all who look to the Law are cursed by the Law!

The very thing that most are trying to use to stop sin is the very thing that is producing sin within them? THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW! Commandments produce sinful desires!
Like the pharisees those who are under law may have a religious mask they wear? But inside they are full of evil lust and desires!

When a believer begins to believe the BIBLE, THEY WILL BE SET FREE FROM SIN!

for sin will not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Everytime you look to the ten Commandments you are planning on sinning!

Do any of you law defenders read the bible? Do you not see the reason you struggle with sin, is because you are under law?

Even until this day there minds are blinded, by the law and the God of this age!

THE LAW PRODUCES SINFUL DESIRES IN ALL MEN!

Thats why you are full of sin!

Hi Mitspa,

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think I'm planning to sin when I look to the law. When I look to the law, I see that I have sin. That is the purpose of the law. If I didn't have the law, I would only have a surface level idea of how sinful I am. I don't think we should be afraid of what the law says about us in truth, because we are trusting in Jesus Christ. If anything, the longer we look into the law, the more we understand the grace of God found at the cross. For the unbeliever who is converted, the initial impact of being forgiven is like a ton of weight lifted off his back. For the believer, if I forget what Jesus has done for me, I will loose my motivation to do good, my love for Him will fade, and my lot will be worst then when I started. Yes, Satan will try to confuse us by throwing the law in our face, that's not the purpose of the law, but rather we confess our sins and trust that Jesus is faithful to forgive our sins, from all unrighteousness. This is what it means to cling to the cross. Despite the sin we commit, we cling to the cross. The law of God will make sure the believer will cling to the cross. Some day, we will exchange it for a crown.

We are not full of sin because of the law, the law exposes that we are full of sin.

Romans 7:12-14

New King James Version (NKJV)

12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.
Law Cannot Save from Sin

13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.

It's a wonderful gift that the Holy Spirit came to help us, not so that we can continue to disobey, but to obey (sanctification), our purpose in life; our purpose in life put another way: to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

- Davies

I see somebody 'gets it.'

The Law certainly doesn't lead us to delude ourselves about the facts of sin. Quite the opposite. It LIGHTS up the temple to put down that working.

The prayer of Daniel exemplifies those who understand the Law, and those who forget it's lessons.

The prayer of honesty is honored by God:

Daniel 9:
4 And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
5 We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:
6 Neither have we hearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.
7 O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.
8 O Lord, to us belongeth confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against thee.
9 To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
10 Neither have we obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.
11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
12 And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.
13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the Lord our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
14 Therefore hath the Lord watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the Lord our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.
15 And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.
16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.
17Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord's sake.
18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

To know our sin is to see we have NO BASIS whatsoever for His Grace and Mercy.

When the Law was read at the reconstruction of the temple out of the captivity of Babylon, the people CRIED because they saw the reality of Gods Dealings with those who FORGET.

To claim we are sinless is and remains a blatant lie.

The Law EVER reminds us of our continuing NEED of Him.

The Law should lead to speaking truthfully about these matters, but unfortunately it has produced the exact opposite. And that only serves to show the validity of the Law and the lying intentions of man.

Hardly a believer will ever see themselves producing bad fruit. Only and always good fruit. Believers never see themselves doing goat works, only sheep works.

Fairytale righteousness exalted beyond truthful speaking and factual sights are worthless sights and worthless measures.

The Law will produce HONESTY within those who stand under it 'honestly.'

2 Corinthians 13:7
Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

s

It was all a big mistake and Christ came to fix it by doing away with them. If you believe that one, I have some beach front property for sale in New Jersey.

Hi Mitspa,

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think I'm planning to sin when I look to the law. When I look to the law, I see that I have sin. That is the purpose of the law. If I didn't have the law, I would only have a surface level idea of how sinful I am. I don't think we should be afraid of what the law says about us in truth, because we are trusting in Jesus Christ. If anything, the longer we look into the law, the more we understand the grace of God found at the cross. For the unbeliever who is converted, the initial impact of being forgiven is like a ton of weight lifted off his back. For the believer, if I forget what Jesus has done for me, I will loose my motivation to do good, my love for Him will fade, and my lot will be worst then when I started. Yes, Satan will try to confuse us by throwing the law in our face, that's not the purpose of the law, but rather we confess our sins and trust that Jesus is faithful to forgive our sins, from all unrighteousness. This is what it means to cling to the cross. Despite the sin we commit, we cling to the cross. The law of God will make sure the believer will cling to the cross. Some day, we will exchange it for a crown.

We are not full of sin because of the law, the law exposes that we are full of sin.

Romans 7:12-14

New King James Version (NKJV)

12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.
Law Cannot Save from Sin

13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.

It's a wonderful gift that the Holy Spirit came to help us, not so that we can continue to disobey, but to obey (sanctification), our purpose in life; our purpose in life put another way: to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

- Davies

My friend, good to hear from you!
What do you think it means when it was written; the commandment thou should not covet, produced within me all types of evil desires, apart from the law, sin is dead!

I desribe it this way, a man with a broken arm can be in great pain, unless he can go to sleep to that pain? Now sin is as that pain and we must die to sin. the law is that which wakes us to our sin, and will twist that broken arm, For by the law sin becomes exceeding sinful.

No! read the answer to Romans 7? we look to Christ alone!

We turn away from the law! Christ Jesus is our standard, all else is false religion.

Cast out the bondwoman and her son!

I do not know any, who say we still look the law but we are not under it? I can see it work against them every day. they are doulble minded on just about every issue! One day God is blessing them the next He is cursing them? One day Gods happy with them, the next day He is mad?

One day they believe God for great things, the next day or hour they dont even know if they are saVed? Just double minded nonsense!

ONLY FAITH PLEASES GOD, AND THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH!

Back