Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

ONLY FAITH PLEASES GOD, AND THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH!

The Spirit of Christ in our hearts follows the Law. Every last jot and tittle as expressed SPIRITUALLY in Romans 13:8-10.

The Law is SPIRITUAL, is understood 'spiritually' and LIVED spiritually, as Paul showed us all.

Carnal believers will understand LAW carnally and will also DENY the Word of God, tossing THE LAW aside as is being done in this thread.

Jesus was clear on this matter. Man will live by EVERY WORD of GOD. Luke 4:4

Not just Old Testament Israel who were 'under the LAW,' but MAN.

Not one jot or tittle will be tossed away, period.

Heaven and earth will pass away before that happens.

s

Joh 1:17 (ISV)

For while the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18

No one has ever seen God. The unique God, who is close to the Father's side, has revealed him.

That no man can see or know God by the law is clear, even when God gave the law through Moses he told the people" Behold you have seen NO Image"

Only as we behold Christ Jesus, apart from the Law, will we be able to know God The Father.

Heb 1:2 (ISV)

has in these last days spoken to us by a Son whom he appointed to be the heir of everything and through whom he also made the universe.
Heb 1:3

He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

2Co 3:15(ISV)

Yet even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.
2Co 3:16

But whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.

The just shall live by faith!

around and around the same religious mountain!

blind men trying to lead other blind men to light?

No! one must die to the law with Christ! And be justified complete and only by faith in Him!

Now I know some will say "oh yes, we are justified by faith" yet you still judge yourself by the law?

Build your sandcastle where you like?

But we who are on the Rock will warn you! Your house will not stand the test, when it comes!

By grace through faith ye stand! look not to the law, for the law is NOT OF FAITH!

All,

Look to the law, and you will see your need for salvation. For the believer, look to the law, and see how much God has forgiven you. Delight in the law of the Lord, and meditate on it day and night, and God will make you as a tree planted by the rivers of water. In time you will bear fruit by the same Spirit that gave the law.

Psalm 1:1-3

New King James Version (NKJV)

BOOK ONE: Psalms 1—41

The Way of the Righteous and the End of the Ungodly

1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

Remember that the law is spiritual, good, and holy.

- Davies

Read the blue above. It says what it says.

Again, read the blue above.

If any reader can not see that IS the Law of Moses, they are simply not reading the Law of Moses accurately and see it apart from how Paul shows it to be.

It's a very common mistake.

I will maintain that there is no difference between the Law of Moses and Paul's depiction of same. That is 'how' it is to be read, understood and followed. The Law of Moses is factually a matter of spiritual intent.

That same Law can be read with carnal eyes and different spins. That does not make such sights accurate and in line with Paul's depictions of same:

Paul was obviously a New Testament example of 'what' we as New Testament believers should adhere to. Here, by Paul's own mouth is how he viewed and what he believed about the Old Testament:

Acts 24:14
But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Elimination is not an option.

Paul lays out far deeper and more interesting ground work in the N.T. with the Law. Every New Testament precept is in fact written in the Law and the Prophets. It was always there.

For example, within the the Law itself is this New Testament Principle:

Romans 3:21
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets

Do you see that? Righteousness without the Law is written IN THE LAW and the PROPHETS.

Paul and the Apostles received much deeper insights into the Law and the Prophets via 'revelation' or revealing what was already there, in same, but hidden prior to Israel. Again and for example, Peter shows that GRACE was witnessed by the Prophets:

1 Peter 1:10
Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

The Law itself was provided directly by the Spirit of Christ who was 'in them' to provide same:

1 Peter 1:11
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

There is not a single word in the New Testament that is against the Old Testament.

Gods Words are not against each others in any respect.

It is only unfortunate that many N.T. believers don't have a deeper understanding of these matters.

Justification by faith for example is an Old Testament fact.

Habakkuk 2:4
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

The fact of having sin and being justified by faith was there to see for quite along time.

The Apostles did not pull these New Testament matters out of thin air and their imaginations.

New Testament scriptures cite literally hundreds of foundational texts right out of the Old Testament.

s

You need to keep the Law of Moses then!

Have fun with that! :verysick

JLB

Last edited by a moderator:
All,

Look to the law, and you will see your need for salvation. For the believer, look to the law, and see how much God has forgiven you. Delight in the law of the Lord, and meditate on it day and night, and God will make you as a tree planted by the rivers of water. In time you will bear fruit by the same Spirit that gave the law.

1 Blessed is the man

- Davies

And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

Without faith, it is impossible to please God!

The Law is not of faith!

JLB

And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

Without faith, it is impossible to please God!

The Law is not of faith!

JLB

Hi JLB,

May I suggest you use a cool shade of blue for your font color instead of red. The red with the exclamation point gives the appearance that you're angry. I'm glad we both know that the Law is not faith, but I know that a person won't come to Jesus unless he knows he's a sinner, and we know we are exceedingly sinful by the Law. The Law is a great grace given to us by a loving God. We are not free to sin, violation of the Law, so we look to Jesus and repent and put our faith in Him. Thus the weight of our sins is removed, justified by His righteousness alone, and we have a better understanding of how much God has forgiven us.

- Davies

Hi JLB,

May I suggest you use a cool shade of blue for your font color instead of red. The red with the exclamation point gives the appearance that you're angry. I'm glad we both know that the Law is not faith, but I know that a person won't come to Jesus unless he knows he's a sinner, and we know we are exceedingly sinful by the Law. The Law is a great grace given to us by a loving God. We are not free to sin, violation of the Law, so we look to Jesus and repent and put our faith in Him. Thus the weight of our sins is removed, justified by His righteousness alone, and we have a better understanding of how much God has forgiven us.

- Davies

Show me where in the Gospel message that Jesus or the Apostles preached, where the Law of Moses is mentioned.

Without faith it is impossible to please God! The Law is not of faith!

By keeping the Law it is impossible to please God!

According to the scriptures, disobeying God's voice is sin.

Do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil!

JLB

Show me where in the Gospel message that Jesus or the Apostles preached, where the Law of Moses is mentioned.

Without faith it is impossible to please God! The Law is not of faith!

By keeping the Law it is impossible to please God!

According to the scriptures, disobeying God's voice is sin.

Do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil!

JLB

Hi JLB,

I take it that you are angry as you continue to use red with and exclamation point. I won't hold that against you.

Here are a few passages for you to consider regarding the teachings of Jesus.
Matthew 5:17-19

Christ Fulfills the Law

17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:21-22

Murder Begins in the Heart

21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause[b] shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 5:27-28

Adultery in the Heart

27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old,[a] ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[b] 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

There is a lot of Scripture that Jesus talks about the Law of Moses, but I have other things to do. If you like, I can list more including the teachings of the apostles. I'm not disagreeing with you that the law is not faith or that we can please God by keeping the Law. I imagine, if we could keep the Law perfectly, then God would be pleased with that.

- Davies

All,

1 Blessed is the man

- Davies

Yes my brother, we are not lawless! Christ is our Law! meditate on Him day and night!

The psalms are also old testament!

BUT GOD CAME AND DIED FOR OUR SINS!

new testament means new covenant!

New agreement, written in the blood of Christ!

Do you really need the 10 commandments to tell you not to steal?
Or do you need Christ to teach you how to give without fear that you may be without yourself.

One must walk away from the law, to see Christ alone!

Then one can put it in its true place, only as a witness to the righteousness of God by faith.

If one judges themself by law they are IN FACT AND TRUTH UNDER LAW! no matter how much they say they are not, THEY ARE!

Yes my brother, we are not lawless! Christ is our Law! meditate on Him day and night!

The psalms are also old testament!

BUT GOD CAME AND DIED FOR OUR SINS!

new testament means new covenant!

New agreement, written in the blood of Christ!

Do you really need the 10 commandments to tell you not to steal?
Or do you need Christ to teach you how to give without fear that you may be without yourself.

One must walk away from the law, to see Christ alone!

Then one can put it in its true place, only as a witness to the righteousness of God by faith.

If one judges themself by law they are IN FACT AND TRUTH UNDER LAW! no matter how much they say they are not, THEY ARE!

It was Jesus who gave us the law and elaborated on it in the Sermon on the Mount. The law of God was given so that we would come to Christ. After coming to Christ, the Holy Spirit will help us to obey the law by transforming us to the image of Jesus. That dosn't mean I'm under the law. You don't seem to acknowledge that the law of God is spiritual, good, and holy. I'm not saying to obey the law of God to be right with Him. I'm saying put your faith in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit will grow you in sanctification(obeying God, obeying the law). We continue to grow, but we are not perfect. When we sin, looking to the law we see sin as exceeding, then we confess it and we know that God is faithful to forgive us. We know we aren't justified by what we do, but by what He did. Because I love Him, I'm motivated to obey Him. How do I know what to do, by God's law. The same Spirit that gave the law now helps me to obey it.

You asked if I needed the law to know not to steal? Since the law is spiritual, it goes much further than a surface level understanding of taking something from someone. Stealing can be viewed in the light of stealing God's glory by accrediting what you do to earn salvation. How about coveting?
Romans 7:7

Sin’s Advantage in the Law

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”[a]

The law of God is priceless, and we should do what the psalmist did, meditate on it day and night. If you do that, you will find yourself a humble person. Don't listen to what the law says, and you won't see your need for salvation, or you will forget what God has done for you, and you'll be full of pride. Another possibility is you will make something else law, like, 'I have to pray so many times a day,' or ,'I have to read a chapter a day in the Bible.' This is exactly what happens to people who abandon what is good. The law of God is the standard by which we should live. And though we don't live up to that standard, one day our tansformation will be complete, and we will obey the law of God perfectly having been made perfectly into the image of Jesus. We won't say we are under the law if we obey the law. We'll say we are happy.

- Davies

It was Jesus who gave us the law and elaborated on it in the Sermon on the Mount. The law of God was given so that we would come to Christ. After coming to Christ, the Holy Spirit will help us to obey the law by transforming us to the image of Jesus. That dosn't mean I'm under the law. You don't seem to acknowledge that the law of God is spiritual, good, and holy. I'm not saying to obey the law of God to be right with Him. I'm saying put your faith in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit will grow you in sanctification(obeying God, obeying the law). We continue to grow, but we are not perfect. When we sin, looking to the law we see sin as exceeding, then we confess it and we know that God is faithful to forgive us. We know we aren't justified by what we do, but by what He did. Because I love Him, I'm motivated to obey Him. How do I know what to do, by God's law. The same Spirit that gave the law now helps me to obey it.

You asked if I needed the law to know not to steal? Since the law is spiritual, it goes much further than a surface level understanding of taking something from someone. Stealing can be viewed in the light of stealing God's glory by accrediting what you do to earn salvation. How about coveting?
Romans 7:7

Sin’s Advantage in the Law

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”[a]

The law of God is priceless, and we should do what the psalmist did, meditate on it day and night. If you do that, you will find yourself a humble person. Don't listen to what the law says, and you won't see your need for salvation, or you will forget what God has done for you, and you'll be full of pride. Another possibility is you will make something else law, like, 'I have to pray so many times a day,' or ,'I have to read a chapter a day in the Bible.' This is exactly what happens to people who abandon what is good. The law of God is the standard by which we should live. And though we don't live up to that standard, one day our tansformation will be complete, and we will obey the law of God perfectly having been made perfectly into the image of Jesus. We won't say we are under the law if we obey the law. We'll say we are happy.

- Davies

My friend you cannot avoid the Fact that the law is the strength of sin! Rom 7 shows us clearly that the commandment will produce a desire to do what we are commanded not to do!

There is no conflict at all between the gospels and Pauls teachings! the conflict is in the natural mind of men who cannot trust that GRACE IS THE POWER OVER SIN.

How many sciptures does one need to read to see that you can not claim to be righteous by faith and yet try to justify yourself through your ability to not sin according to the law.

I wore bibles out? I mean the pages would fall apart from the times I read over and over the things that are written by Paul. Romans, Gal, Heb. 2Cor over and over, i read and prayed and thought about what was being said!

It took years to come to understand the truth.

Now you will not accept these things overnight! But dont be lazy nor take any mans word! but look to the scriptures for yourself!

You will have to stand before Christ for yourself, no other man will answer for your faith or lack of it!

Your friend and brother in Christ- Mitspa

My friend you cannot avoid the Fact that the law is the strength of sin! Rom 7 shows us clearly that the commandment will produce a desire to do what we are commanded not to do!

There is no conflict at all between the gospels and Pauls teachings! the conflict is in the natural mind of men who cannot trust that GRACE IS THE POWER OVER SIN.

How many sciptures does one need to read to see that you can not claim to be righteous by faith and yet try to justify yourself through your ability to not sin according to the law.

I wore bibles out? I mean the pages would fall apart from the times I read over and over the things that are written by Paul. Romans, Gal, Heb. 2Cor over and over, i read and prayed and thought about what was being said!

It took years to come to understand the truth.

Now you will not accept these things overnight! But dont be lazy nor take any mans word! but look to the scriptures for yourself!

You will have to stand before Christ for yourself, no other man will answer for your faith or lack of it!

Your friend and brother in Christ- Mitspa

Mitspa,

It's clear you don't understand what I'm saying. If you would listen, you would understand that I'm not disagreeing with you on justification. I'm not looking to the law to be justified . Do you understand?

I've explained my point enough. If you can't understand what I'm saying, then I'll settle for being misunderstood.

- Davies

Mitspa,

It's clear you don't understand what I'm saying. If you would listen, you would understand that I'm not disagreeing with you on justification. I'm not looking to the law to be justified . Do you understand?

I've explained my point enough. If you can't understand what I'm saying, then I'll settle for being misunderstood.

- Davies

Maybe you have the law in its place? It was nailed to His Cross and only in His death can we see its purpose! You say you are not trying to justify or condemn yourself by to law?
ok!

I tell you that until a believer can say" I have died to the law" and am alive only to Christ, they will not be able to walk in true righteousness and holiness by the Spirit.

You have shown yourself to have an honest heart. God will bring your past the "flaming swords" that turn every way, to the The Tree of Life.

Remember that Godliness is a mystery, that Adam (the natural man) can never eat from the tree of Life. Only the New Man (the spiritual man) who was born by faith in the Word, can pass through to take from the eternal Tree of Life.

Those who look to the law are forever in bondage to their own flesh! The serpent said "ye shall not surely die" THE CROSS DECLARES THAT WE ALL MUST DIE TO THE NATURAL!
Then we can see that The same Spirit that raised our Lord from death, will also give life to us.

Grace is the only biblical way to overcome sin! all else is just religious nonsense!

Only when we can say "not by my power, nor by my might, but by Your Spirit Lord, I am free indeed!

-Mitspa (free from sin, by His Grace)

I AM thy exceeding and great REWARD !

Excellent conversation here imo Gents..

The gospel of God's Son is so beyond anything which we can possibly imagine... for one simple and yet infinitely glorious reason..

The Lord Jesus Christ IS.. OUR Righteousness..!

It shall take the eons to come to fully appreciate this glorious biblical truth..

Any person who has placed their faith and trust in Him for the forgiveness of their sins has been SEALED by God with that holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest (or advance) of our inheritance in Him unto the DAY of REDEMPTION.. and unto the PRAISE of HIS GLORY.

IMO we can't even BEGIN to understand the enormity of this GRACE in Christ Jesus our LORD... and not one of us should feel worthy of it for it is clearly beyond anything which we could have hoped for in GOD... the RIGHTEOUSNESS of CHRIST Himself... and that's why I think we get into so much trouble with our flesh, which wars against the SPIRIT of Christ in us...

The struggle between the FLESH and the SPIRIT will continue until the day we put off this body of DEATH... and OUR HOPE lies in nothing less than the PROMISE of GOD.. and HE that HATH BEGUN a GOOD WORK in YOU shall PERFORM IT, even until the DAY OF JESUS CHRIST..

So let's not forget to put on that Helmet of SALVATION and BREASTPLATE of (His) RIGHTEOUSNESS.. and the full armour of GOD.. because we can surely STAND upon the PROMISES OF GOD, as we REMEMBER HIM in HIS GLORIOUS LIFE, DEATH, BURIAL, and RESURRECTION... till He comes for His purchased possession.

Sorry for all the caps.. it's for emphasis only..

The dialog would be better served if those who are whining about Law would clarify the fact that they are whining about false understandings about Law and not Law itself.

s

The dialog would be better served if those who are whining about Law would clarify the fact that they are whining about false understandings about Law and not Law itself.

s

Good morning smaller,

I appreciate Mitspa's position. I think where the confusion lies in our communication is between initial sanctification and progressive sanctification. I'm willing to admit that I loose site of the cross often. I have a temper. I have Irish blood, what do you expect (God remembers that we are just dust). :) I'm not trying to suggest that we follow the law of God to be right with Him. I say it, but because I say the law is spiritual, good, and holy, the reaction is, 'I'm looking to the law or putting myself under the law.' I agree with Mitspa and Eventide that Jesus is my righteousness by which I will be able to stand before Jesus in Heaven. Paul would not stand on his own righteousness, because at the end of his life, he knew he was the chief of sinners. Though Paul's view of himself was worse than from the beginning, because he did not shy away from the law of God, but loved it, he was able to give himself more freely and trust God more, more than we do. Though the law of God kills a person spiritually, that is not true for the Christian, because they are made alive by the Spirit. So, what does the law of God mean to us now that we are Christians? It shows us where we are at in our progressive sanctification. It keeps us from thinking more of ourselves than we ought to. It shows us a deeper understanding of the love of God because we have to depend on Him to forgive us. Our struggle with sin is life long just as it was for Paul, and John. I'm no longer under condemnation because my faith and trust are in Jesus, with much thanks to God who used His law to bring me to Him and by which He will keep me close to Him by the fear of God. The law of God is a restraining force to the believer. I'm not saying we are justified by what we do, I'm just trying to describe the sanctification process. I can be thick headed, so if you see flaws in my thinking or think I have flaws in my thinking, may I suggest using a cools shade of blue in your posts? :)

- Davies

Good morning smaller,

I appreciate Mitspa's position. I think where the confusion lies in our communication is between initial sanctification and progressive sanctification. I'm willing to admit that I loose site of the cross often. I have a temper. I have Irish blood, what do you expect (God remembers that we are just dust). :) I'm not trying to suggest that we follow the law of God to be right with Him.

The issues will always be, as in many terms, just what is the Law?

There are many false understandings of same. And to these, most of us would probably be in disagreement.

I have laid out the simplest case that the Law is in fact spiritual and followed spiritually as defined by Paul in Romans 7, showing the Law to be spiritual, and that the believers themselves DO IN FACT follow the LAW as Paul again easily lays out in Romans 13:8-10.

I do not say however that is the only working of the Law. The Law will also reveal the fact that we 'have sin.' Paul shows us this matter as well. And in the walk of spiritual fulfillment, we basically 'stay on top' of that working, but we can not say 'we do not have' that working. That is the path of the 'present' reign over sin.

One can sit in the pew on any given day and 'still have sin.' So how 'legal' is that exercise? It is quite pointless to ignore the facts of having same by any measure of understandings.

We are not to 'let' sin reign in our mortal bodies, but it is there regardless. I am not apt to paint my way past that fact by fanciful imaginations.

While I may consider my reign over that matter is found in Romans 13:8-10, I would also say that the presence of sin continually works in the opposite or opposing direction, simultaneously. It is quite pointless then to see myself 'legally obedient' to the 'letter' by sitting in the pew on any given day, but to live life in His Love in understanding, for myself and unto others.

I say it, but because I say the law is spiritual, good, and holy, the reaction is, 'I'm looking to the law or putting myself under the law.' I agree with Mitspa and Eventide that Jesus is my righteousness by which I will be able to stand before Jesus in Heaven.

They can decry the law all they please. I am saying they are merely holding up 'false understandings' of that LAW and deriding THAT. Nothing more. There is nothing 'wrong' with the LAW.

The only issue is our understandings of same.

Paul would not stand on his own righteousness, because at the end of his life, he knew he was the chief of sinners.

I have stated the facts of Paul's own statements often at this board.

Paul factually was 'the chief of sinners,' described himself as 'nothing,' had a 'devil' in his flesh and 'evil present' with him.

I rather enjoy his truthful presentations. We all seem to run away rather quickly from his sights when we have to take them 'personally' don't we?

Believers can jump and shout all the day long about how they are 'only the good and righteous and perfect' under Gods Words, but Paul did NOT present that understanding whatsoever for himself.

To me such are merely practicing various forms of self delusions.

Stand up next to Paul and take your measures as he did for himself.

Though Paul's view of himself was worse than from the beginning, because he did not shy away from the law of God, but loved it,

I agree. I am quite in Love with Gods Words. All of them. Even what may appear to be bad to others will appear as life for me. It's only a matter of perspective.

Jesus quite clearly told us that 'man' will LIVE by every Word of God. I happen to believe Him. (Luke 4:4)

But one does have to stand 'honestly' under same to reach that conclusion. Otherwise we fall into selective subjectivity, only wanting 'all the good Words' and totally ignoring all 'the bad Words.'

There is in fact a DIVISION to be had therein to find understandings.

he was able to give himself more freely and trust God more, more than we do. Though the law of God kills a person spiritually, that is not true for the Christian, because they are made alive by the Spirit.

I would simply say to such that no amount of glossy paint would have blessed the 'evil present' or the 'devil' in Paul's flesh.

What applied to Paul on the good side of the ledgers did exactly zero or the opposite with the 'other working.'

In this again, there is a factual division that Paul shows us from his indwelling sin. I totally object to painting up the entirety of ourselves with only GOOD PAINT as it does not work or harmonize.

The Word of God did in fact SLICE PAUL right down the middle. On one hand was a child of God. On the other hand, the fact of evil present and even a devil.

Paul himself was turned from the power of Satan. He 'reigned' over that power, but NEVER did he present that he was no longer subject to the workings of the deceiver 'in his mind and body.'

And neither are any of us.

So, what does the law of God mean to us now that we are Christians? It shows us where we are at in our progressive sanctification. It keeps us from thinking more of ourselves than we ought to. It shows us a deeper understanding of the love of God because we have to depend on Him to forgive us. Our struggle with sin is life long just as it was for Paul, and John. I'm no longer under condemnation because my faith and trust are in Jesus, with much thanks to God who used His law to bring me to Him and by which He will keep me close to Him by the fear of God. The law of God is a restraining force to the believer. I'm not saying we are justified by what we do, I'm just trying to describe the sanctification process. I can be thick headed, so if you see flaws in my thinking or think I have flaws in my thinking, may I suggest using a cools shade of blue in your posts? :)

We can sanctify and progress all we please. That does NOT address 'whom' the LAW is against and will ever be against.

The Law remains against the presence of indwelling sin and evil present within any of us and yes, we ALL down to the last one of us have that problem.

It is not going away by dancing around shouting halleluiah.

We all are called to walk in DIVISION, not denial of the obvious.

s

Re: I AM thy exceeding and great REWARD !

Excellent conversation here imo Gents..

The gospel of God's Son is so beyond anything which we can possibly imagine... for one simple and yet infinitely glorious reason..

The Lord Jesus Christ IS.. OUR Righteousness..!

It shall take the eons to come to fully appreciate this glorious biblical truth..

Any person who has placed their faith and trust in Him for the forgiveness of their sins has been SEALED by God with that holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest (or advance) of our inheritance in Him unto the DAY of REDEMPTION.. and unto the PRAISE of HIS GLORY.

IMO we can't even BEGIN to understand the enormity of this GRACE in Christ Jesus our LORD... and not one of us should feel worthy of it for it is clearly beyond anything which we could have hoped for in GOD... the RIGHTEOUSNESS of CHRIST Himself... and that's why I think we get into so much trouble with our flesh, which wars against the SPIRIT of Christ in us...

The struggle between the FLESH and the SPIRIT will continue until the day we put off this body of DEATH... and OUR HOPE lies in nothing less than the PROMISE of GOD.. and HE that HATH BEGUN a GOOD WORK in YOU shall PERFORM IT, even until the DAY OF JESUS CHRIST..

So let's not forget to put on that Helmet of SALVATION and BREASTPLATE of (His) RIGHTEOUSNESS.. and the full armour of GOD.. because we can surely STAND upon the PROMISES OF GOD, as we REMEMBER HIM in HIS GLORIOUS LIFE, DEATH, BURIAL, and RESURRECTION... till He comes for His purchased possession.

Sorry for all the caps.. it's for emphasis only..

When I read this post this morning, I wanted to post a big AMEN! but it was so good that I thought i should add nothing to it. so now is the time AMEN AND AMEN!

Hi Mitspa,

I'd really like you to start addressing what I or smaller have been saying. Responding to what we are saying or reacting to it with the same view over and over again is like ignoring the person. That's how I've been made to feel in this thread. You talk of grace, but I don't feel your grace.

- Davies

Hi Mitspa,

I'd really like you to start addressing what I or smaller have been saying. Responding to what we are saying or reacting to it with the same view over and over again is like ignoring the person. That's how I've been made to feel in this thread. You talk of grace, but I don't feel your grace.

- Davies

Like SBG, act II

Back