Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

The purpose of the law was not to make us 'clean' The purpose of the law was to demonstrate where we gone wrong. The purpose of sacrifice was to make us 'clean'.

Again we agree! Amazing! The purpose of the law is to define right and wrong. Sin and righteousness...

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

The law defines sin...

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Jesus was clear about The Commandments:

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Are the infamous TEN then discounted from His Measure of fact?

Only in the ears of those who desire to discount that matter of fact.

The fact isn't going to change, thankfully.

John 5:
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Discounting Gods Law, tossing it aside is not required whatsoever.

The Law, as has been observed multiple times in this thread is in fact spiritual, followed and adhered to by the Apostles exactly as Paul laid out in Romans 13:8-10 wherein Paul encompassed 'any command' in the scriptures.

The continuing fairy tale being employed by the thread starter is that somehow, by only taking the Words of God that he likes, he is now sinless perfection. And I will grant that God does provide some that delusion.

We all, down to the last one of us, like Paul see only in part and understand only in part.

Partialists are always inclined to see partially by any factual measures.

The Apostles laid out certain facts for themselves in understanding Law.

Paul for example came to this factual conclusion when engaging Law:

Romans 7:21
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Did Paul try to 'justify' his evil present? Uh, no. He exposes it to be a fact, revealed as a fact by THE LAW.

And honest believers will come to the same honest conclusion.

If a believer can not come to this honest conclusion, John shows us that they are merely deceiving themselves, and more importantly, that THE TRUTH is not in them.

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Does the Law lead us to justify our evil present? No. Does the Law lead us to lie about having sin? No.

The Law makes us aware of the certainty of the fact, and calls us to EVER divide from that working, even while carrying it.

Paul gave us his own measures in these matters. Anyone 'led' to understand, will be led to the same conclusions:

Paul had evil present with him.

Paul was the chief of sinners.

Paul had a DEVIL in his own flesh.

Paul had temptation in his flesh.

All of that is the working of indwelling sin, which all factually have.

There is no factual escape from the obvious.

Paul also describes intimately the again factual conditions of our current planting:

1 Cor. 15:
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made

When the first Adam PUT OFF his clay/dust shell, then and only then was no longer in CODE RED above.

Any 'dust man' that stands before you, even the one in the MIRROR, making claims that they are no longer in a current habitation of weakness, corruption, dishonor and a natural body, you know a LIAR is talking back to you from that reflection.

Whistling past the graveyard is futile

There is factually an 'outer man.' That 'man' is ever perishing by the day. There is also currently, in those who believe, an inner man who gains the advantage in and by His Spirit in us.

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Pity to mix the two. Though we can certainly be led into many delusions about these matters, especially when being led into DENIAL of Gods Words, and particularly denial of LAW.

Man shall live by HOW MANY WORDS of God?

Believe Jesus when He said ALL of them.

And yes, that is 'inclusive' of even the BAD WORDS.

Can a believer find THE LIFE OF GOD IN CHRIST even while admitting and knowing they have evil present with them, are planted in dishonor, weakness and corruption?

Beyond any doubt. Such are living IN TRUTH. There is no need or cause to lie our way past the facts. That serves no purpose whatsoever.

The Law leads into the path of death, and rightfully so. There is in fact MUCH to kill, everyday, in each of us.

The Path of Death also leads to the PATH OF LIFE, where the LAW finds it's SPIRITUAL FULFILLMENT daily.

Love never fails.

s

Spoken by one who's love is for the brethren, maintaining the love of Christ. I'm really feeling your Christ honoring love, my Job's friend. You really know how to understand other people. Instead of trying to understand, you provoke. What did you reply that hasn't been your mantra? If you want to be a friend, you need to show yourself friendly. You can call me a wicked man all you want to, for you haven't accused me of a fraction of my sin. I do have a lot of guilt, and I naturally feel bad because of it. I know that I'm a sinner, giving credence to everything that God has said. Let God be true, and everyman a liar. But you assume my reasons for self-examination, and presume that I don't look to Christ. You show you have no knowledge of me, but only see what you can understand.

I can still rejoice in this correspondence because I know you preach the Gospel.

Job 16:1-5

New King James Version (NKJV)

Job Reproaches His Pitiless Friends

16 Then Job answered and said:
2 “I have heard many such things;
Miserable comforters are you all!
3 Shall words of wind have an end?
Or what provokes you that you answer?
4 I also could speak as you do,
If your soul were in my soul’s place.
I could heap up words against you,
And shake my head at you;
5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth,
And the comfort of my lips would relieve your grief.

Philippians 1:15-17

15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: 16 The former[a] preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel.

From one wretch to the other,

- Davies

6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
1 John 1:6-10

Notice what this scripture is saying -

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

The issue is not whether we sin, but rather how we are cleansed from sin.

The focus is, was and always will be about relationship. Walking with God! Loving God with all your heart,soul, and strength.

Jesus Christ restored to us what was lost in the Garden, by Adam.

Adam walked with God and had fellowship with Him.

The question is, do we want to walk with God or do we want to try and keep some rules?

What is your motive? To try and appear righteous. To try and not break the rules so you can go to heaven?

...if we walk in the light as He is in the light.

Hear what God asked of Abraham -

Walk before Me and be blameless.

Walk in My presence and be blameless.

Walk in My Spirit and be blameless. Sound familiar?

Walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

Here's what the scripture doesn't say
-

Keep the law and you will be blameless!

Keep the law and then I will have relationship with you.

Thank God for the Cross!

JLB

6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

The focus is, was and always will be about relationship. Walking with God! Loving God with all your heart,soul, and strength.

The question is, do we want to walk with God or do we want to try and keep some rules?

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Luk 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

What is your motive? To try and appear righteous. To try and not break the rules so you can go to heaven?

Or break as many as you can?

Walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

Here's what the scripture doesn't say -

Thank God for the Cross!

JLB

The death of our Savior paid the price for sin. Yes, thank God for that. It did not do away with the law which defines sin (1John 3:4)...

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If there is no law, then there is no sin...

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

So, if there is no law, there is no sin and if there is no sin then there is no need of a Savior to save us from sin. Hmmm, twisted logic this.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

So, if there is no law, there is no sin and if there is no sin then there is no need of a Savior to save us from sin. Hmmm, twisted logic this.

Many 'believers' think if they don't look at the Law it goes away.

It doesn't.

s

Paul lays out TWO continual workings of the LAW:

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Both of these 'workings' are 'in the Law.'

One does not 'deny' one working in order to gain the other.

Paul had a solution to the latter:

1 Corinthians 15:31
I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

To whoo haaa in positive thinking only, past the red letter, is not available.

s

Here's what the scripture doesn't say
-

Thank God for the Cross!

JLB

Excellent post! I already see the accusers are at work!

Some will never understand how we can serve God by love?

Fear and guilt blind them to the Glory of Christ!

Oh that I might be found In Him! not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that righteousness that is by Faith in Him!

The god of this world has blinded the minds of those who will not hear the Gospel of the Glory of Christ!

Got to get back to work, but you have so many things in your post I want to draw from! God Bless and keep you by His Grace -Mitspa

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Luk 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Or break as many as you can?

The death of our Savior paid the price for sin. Yes, thank God for that. It did not do away with the law which defines sin (1John 3:4)...

How did sin enter the world through Adam!

You are confusing the Law of God and the Law of Moses!

JLB

Rom 11:16

For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18

Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19

Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Here we have the warning, of first not boasting as if we had somehow taking the promises made to to jews by our own efforts!
But God in His Goodness, graffed us in to Himself, by His Own will and purpose!

We also see that "by faith" we are brought into the Kingdom of God. That the Jews were broken off because they sought the Kingdom by the works of the Law, not by faith!

For the Just shall live by faith! By faith we stand!

The warning God makes to us, that we received Christ and the Spirit by faith. "As ye have received Him, so walk ye in Him!"

Gal 3:2

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 5:4 (KJV)

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Gal 5:4 (ASV)

Ye are severed from Christ, ye who would be justified by the law; ye are fallen away from grace.

Gal 5:4 (ISV)

Those of you who are trying to be justified by the law have been cut off from Christ. You have fallen away from grace.

It seems that many bring up the same points over and over! I think I will have to post some of these older post to answer some of these same questions -Mitspa

It's the same hackneyed effort that SBG uses. Drill only the nice stuff to justify one's self on the basis of selective doctrinal constructs, and ignore the balance and certainly ignore any legitimate critique,

especially as it may pertain to the false application of Grace upon the evil that 'all' factually have.

Christians in general are quite fond of bypassing the conditions that LAW reveals to be a fact 'in all' as it may pertain particularly to themselves.

Are ALL the commands in the entire text applicable to believers?

Undoubtedly, every jot and tittle.

The sin and evil in NO MAN is justified under any measures of doctrinal constructs, ever.

s

It's the same hackneyed effort that SBG uses. Drill only the nice stuff to justify one's self on the basis of selective doctrinal constructs, and ignore the balance and certainly ignore any legitimate critique,

especially as it may pertain to the false application of Grace upon the evil that 'all' factually have.

Christians in general are quite fond of bypassing the conditions that LAW reveals to be a fact 'in all' as it may pertain particularly to themselves.

Are ALL the commands in the entire text applicable to believers?

Undoubtedly, every jot and tittle.

The sin and evil in NO MAN is justified under any measures of doctrinal constructs, ever.

s

Again, You need to keep the Law of Moses, if that is where your faith is!

22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.

Whatever is not from faith is sin!

JLB

The Law of Moses are Gods Words, which are in fact 'spiritual' as Paul showed us all.

If the law is against lawlessness, then a believer should be also against same. I see no conflict whatsoever.

22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.

The Law reveals that 'all' have sin. That is a locked down conclusion of all scripture.

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

One does not ditch that fact in faith or say God bless and grace my sin.

Unfortunately that is where some end up, rather than speaking truthfully.

s

JLB

I see that some must use the scriptures condemn, they can not understand that after one has been justified by Christ the Most High God, there is NO MORE CONDEMNATION, from the Old Testament, the law, or man! But religion to them is guilt and shame, the Cross and the Blood are just common and foolish things to those who are religious and reject salvation by faith.

Keep up the good fight, my brother but remember not to cast your pearls before the swine, for those you love and try to help, will rend you and attempt to pull you into their wollow.

Most see the scriptures written by Peter, the dog returns to its vomit, the swine to its wollow, as a statement against the weak, but it is really a scripture against those who turn from grace back to law. For they were washed yet they returned to wollow in thier sin and guilt.

A condemned man will always look to condemn others. A condemned man is slave to their own sin.

For sin will not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

We who labor by grace are more pleasing to God in our mistakes, than their best religious efforts, for no man shall glory but in the Grace of God!

Spoken by one who's love is for the brethren, maintaining the love of Christ. I'm really feeling your Christ honoring love, my Job's friend. You really know how to understand other people. Instead of trying to understand, you provoke. What did you reply that hasn't been your mantra? If you want to be a friend, you need to show yourself friendly. You can call me a wicked man all you want to, for you haven't accused me of a fraction of my sin. I do have a lot of guilt, and I naturally feel bad because of it. I know that I'm a sinner, giving credence to everything that God has said. Let God be true, and everyman a liar. But you assume my reasons for self-examination, and presume that I don't look to Christ. You show you have no knowledge of me, but only see what you can understand.

I can still rejoice in this correspondence because I know you preach the Gospel.

Job 16:1-5

Job Reproaches His Pitiless Friends

16 Then Job answered and said:
2 “I have heard many such things;
Miserable comforters are you all!
3 Shall words of wind have an end?
Or what provokes you that you answer?
4 I also could speak as you do,
If your soul were in my soul’s place.
I could heap up words against you,
And shake my head at you;
5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth,
And the comfort of my lips would relieve your grief.

Philippians 1:15-17

15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: 16 The former[a] preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel.

From one wretch to the other,

- Davies

What you choose death by law? you choose to be condemned! Over and over I offer you the Words of life, and reject them, because of your religious traditions!

I would see you free from your condemnation and guilt! I have charged you with no sin, but over and over you have charged me with breaking the Royal Law!

I am a minister of The Lord Jesus Christ, you do not honor Him nor His True Ministers. But one comes to bring you into bondage, him you will honor!

Faith is the only law that will deliver you from your pit of shame and guilt!

The law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, has set me free from the law of sin and death.

Without faith, even the Lord is hindered to help you.

THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH!

repent of your unbelief, turn to Christ and He will set you free indeed!

How did sin enter the world through Adam!

You are confusing the Law of God and the Law of Moses!

JLB

Hmmm,

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,

Exo 16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

Moses did not record these laws after eating some mushrooms and dreaming, the Eternal God spoke these laws to him. Moses was just the recorder.

Hmmm,

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,

Exo 16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

Moses did not record these laws after eating some mushrooms and dreaming, the Eternal God spoke these laws to him. Moses was just the recorder.

Yes it is very odd that the OLD TESTAMENT points to the law? Then GOD came and suffered and died on the Cross To set us free from the law of sin and Death! Its called the NEW COVENANT WRITTEN IN HIS BLOOD.

now all who look to the law, are enemys of the Cross! you are in rebellion against Christ and you are not in faith!

Sorry to be the one to let you know, but its the Grace of God that has set us free from sin.

The Law of Moses are Gods Words, which are in fact 'spiritual' as Paul showed us all.

If the law is against lawlessness, then a believer should be also against same. I see no conflict whatsoever.

The Law reveals that 'all' have sin. That is a locked down conclusion of all scripture.

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

One does not ditch that fact in faith or say God bless and grace my sin.

Unfortunately that is where some end up, rather than speaking truthfully.

s

This is God's Word -

1 Now the Lord called to Moses, and spoke to him from the tabernacle of meeting, saying, 2 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'When any one of you brings an offering to the Lord, you shall bring your offering of the livestock--of the herd and of the flock. 3 'If his offering is a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish; he shall offer it of his own free will at the door of the tabernacle of meeting before the Lord. 4 Then he shall put his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him. 5 He shall kill the bull before the Lord; and the priests, Aaron's sons, shall bring the blood and sprinkle the blood all around on the altar that is by the door of the tabernacle of meeting. Leviticus 1:1-5

Do you obey God's word when you sin?

Do you follow these instructions given to by God?

JLB

This is God's Word -

1 Now the Lord called to Moses, and spoke to him from the tabernacle of meeting, saying, 2 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'When any one of you brings an offering to the Lord, you shall bring your offering of the livestock--of the herd and of the flock. 3 'If his offering is a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish; he shall offer it of his own free will at the door of the tabernacle of meeting before the Lord. 4 Then he shall put his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him. 5 He shall kill the bull before the Lord; and the priests, Aaron's sons, shall bring the blood and sprinkle the blood all around on the altar that is by the door of the tabernacle of meeting. Leviticus 1:1-5

JLB

Do you understand this passage...

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

What law, the Ten Commandments? When Christ came He did away with them? No, When Christ came He became the sacrifice for sin. It is His shed blood, not the blood of bulls and goats.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The sacrificial laws were to show us that sin requires blood...

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

But they were not the fulfillment, they were the teacher of the fulfillment...

Heb 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
Heb 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Do I obey God's word when I sin? Yes, I ask that the blood of the ultimate sacrifice, Jesus Christ, but accepted in place of my blood that I should not die for my sins...

Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is God's Word -

Every Word of God is unto LIFE for a believer. That does not mean the Law ceased to work in contentions with indwelling sin. You are welcome to take on that understanding. I would not consider such a slant to be true, accurate or truthful speaking.

Does the Law then insert untruthful speaking in some? Undoubtedly. That is the working of indwelling sin in contention with the Law.

s

Do you understand this passage...

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

What law, the Ten Commandments? When Christ came He did away with them? No, When Christ came He became the sacrifice for sin. It is His shed blood, not the blood of bulls and goats.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The sacrificial laws were to show us that sin requires blood...

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

But they were not the fulfillment, they were the teacher of the fulfillment...

Heb 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
Heb 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Do I obey God's word when I sin? Yes, I ask that the blood of the ultimate sacrifice, Jesus Christ, but accepted in place of my blood that I should not die for my sins...

Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

What is the point of this post? It proves that the law is fulfilled in Christ alone! The whole point of the book of Hebrews is to show how Christ alone fulfilled every requirment of the law.

Its states clearly that He made ONE SACRIFICE FOR SINS FOREVER, THAT HE BY HIS HAS SANCTIFIED FOREVER THOSE WHO HAVE COME TO HIM.

you who turn back to law have accounted His Blood as a common thing, and have rejected the Spirit of Grace. You who look to law are in rebellion against the throne of God, which is His Grace.

You who seek to be justified by by the law, have fallen from grace and are cut off from Christ!

Back