Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

For those of us who know love, the Royal law makes perfect sense. It gives us liberty to love those who do not deserve love. It frees us to go to the greatest of sinners, and with confidence say, believe on The Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!
Yes, we have liberty! No set of rules are needed for those who walk in the Love of Christ!

Why do some resist the clear and evident statements of scripture?

Could it be that love has not found a place in the heart? Love as He loves, is not a command they can understand? They must have a carnal commandment, for thier carnal minds to earn salvation by their own works!

It is clear, those who do not love as Christ loved, do not know God!

"Lord did we not do such and such, in your name"?
He will say depart from me, I NEVER KNEW YOU!

What shall we say then?
that the gentiles which followed not after righteousness, have attained righteousness, even the righteousness of faith.

But Israel which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained.

WHY? because they sought it not BY FAITH, BUT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW.
FOR THEY STUMBLED AT THE STUMBLINGSTONE!

as it is written, BEHOLD I LAY IN SION A STUMBLING STONE! WHOSOEVER SHALL BELIEVE ON "HIM" SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED!

why do some of you pray and receive not? why do some of you live in shame and guilt? Because you try to earn from God that which you can never earn! God will owe no man nothing!

Those who RECEIVE an abundance of grace, AND THE FREE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, will reign in life, with Christ Jesus our Lord!

Keep trying to earn from God by looking to the law? and you will keep stumbling? Because you will not see THE ROCK OF AGES! CLEFT FOR ME, LET ME HIDE MYSELF IN THEE!

trust in Him and His righteousness, by faith! Shame will no longer be your teacher!

But the grace of God will teach you the higher ways of God!

The good news is that God has made a way for man to be saved without the bible.

Enoch walked with God and was no more, for God took him.

Abraham was saved and walked with God, 430 years before the ten commandments, however in walking with God by faith, Abraham discovered what God required through relationship which is obedience to His Voice! Genesis 26:4-5

New Testament believers, Greeks, most of whom couldn't even read were save by faith in The son of God, as Abraham was.

JLB

Romans 2:14
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

If a person, by the nature of a good conscience, does not murder, steal, etc. they are as above, a law unto themselves and are in accordance with the LAW.

The Law is certainly in accord with good behavior and against bad behavior within anyone.

The Law has always been against 'the lawless' and will continue to be against the 'lawless.'

The Law does not 'go away' for anyone in or doing lawlessness.

Believers are not 'authorized' to be lawless 'in faith.'

But that fairy tale is sold in the theological marketplace

s

The good news is that God has made a way for man to be saved without the bible.

Enoch walked with God and was no more, for God took him.

Abraham was saved and walked with God, 430 years before the ten commandments, however in walking with God by faith, Abraham discovered what God required through relationship which is obedience to His Voice! Genesis 26:4-5

New Testament believers, Greeks, most of whom couldn't even read were save by faith in The son of God, as Abraham was.

JLB

Not sure what your saying? but I do agree with Enoch and Abrahams faith.

The message of Christ and His Glory, is revealed to us by the scriptures. Now the scriptures are written words that reflect spiritual truth. To reject the need for scripture is to reject the need to see what Christ is and what He has done for us, in the spiritual realm.

Now the early Church, heard the gospel! they heard the Word of grace, and was saved by that gospel!

Now I know God has and does speak to us apart from His word, but He has given us the written epistles, that we might by them, pass from the natural realm into the spirit. Again I am not sure of the point you are trying to make?

What shall we say then?
that the gentiles which followed not after righteousness, have attained righteousness, even the righteousness of faith.

But Israel which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained.

WHY? because they sought it not BY FAITH, BUT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW.
FOR THEY STUMBLED AT THE STUMBLINGSTONE!

as it is written, BEHOLD I LAY IN SION A STUMBLING STONE! WHOSOEVER SHALL BELIEVE ON "HIM" SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED!

why do some of you pray and receive not? why do some of you live in shame and guilt? Because you try to earn from God that which you can never earn! God will owe no man nothing!

Those who RECEIVE an abundance of grace, AND THE FREE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, will reign in life, with Christ Jesus our Lord!

Keep trying to earn from God by looking to the law? and you will keep stumbling? Because you will not see THE ROCK OF AGES! CLEFT FOR ME, LET ME HIDE MYSELF IN THEE!

trust in Him and His righteousness, by faith! Shame will no longer be your teacher!

But the grace of God will teach you the higher ways of God!

For by the Spirit we are baptized into One Body. We are all members of Christ. He is the Head and we are the body.

We are IN CHRIST!

the scriptures declare that no one can by The Spirit say that Jesus is accursed!
Now those who teach and preach the law, always teach and preach the curse of the law! If you do not tith, you are cursed by the law!

I tell you that these are false teachers! any one who curses Gods people by the law, is not speaking from the Holy Spirit!

This Is Pauls point in the book of Gal. That Christ has set us free from every curse of the law!

If you hear a preacher who tries to lay the law upon you? Run for your life! Find a real "church" and real man of God !

The Lord said "feed My sheep" not beat and curse my sheep!

For by the Spirit we are baptized into One Body. We are all members of Christ. He is the Head and we are the body.

We are IN CHRIST!

the scriptures declare that no one can by The Spirit say that Jesus is accursed!
Now those who teach and preach the law, always teach and preach the curse of the law! If you do not tith, you are cursed by the law!

I tell you that these are false teachers! any one who curses Gods people by the law, is not speaking from the Holy Spirit!

This Is Pauls point in the book of Gal. That Christ has set us free from every curse of the law!

If you hear a preacher who tries to lay the law upon you? Run for your life! Find a real "church" and real man of God !

The Lord said "feed My sheep" not beat and curse my sheep!

I want to make clear that I am not against the tithe! I believe Gods blessing is upon it!
But I we are to look at Abrahams tithe, a offering of faith to Gods Righteousness! Without nesessity or grudge, a cheerful gift from a thankful heart.

I think the percentage is up to the giver!

Gal 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

"Liberty" can be a fearful thing for those who have never known it? Many say well if we take off the yoke of the Law from people, they might sin? Well, the scriptures declare that the "Law" stirs up the sin in the flesh. That the strength of sin, is the Law! That trusting in Gods Grace and its power is the ONLY answer to sin!

No! God declares to turn the "young eagles" free, turn them into the "Winds of My Spirit" and "I will teach them" and I will cause them to fly!

:angel3-Mitspa

When the true gospel is preached and the law is removed! You will hear the charge, "well sombody might sin" if you take away the law?
What they are really saying is that sin is greater than grace!
The truth is only brought out by grace? For only by grace can the hidden lust and desires of the heart be exsposed to the light of Christ!

Law teaches us to hide our sin, in shame!
Grace allows us to bring every thought and intention of the heart to Christ and His Truth.

I like to use this example; we are all sinners and have a box full of darkness and sin. We bring that box of darkness to Christ and His light, and by grace we open the box, and all that darkness is made light!

Eph 5:13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the Light, for whatever makes manifest is light.

Christ alone has the power to take our sin, and make it light.
For I no longer see my sin, but I see His Love for the sinner!

He who is forgiven much, loves much!

Religion works against this truth? religion teaches us to hide our guilt and shame behind religious mask! GRACE teaches us to always be honest with our God, and to allow His Goodness to change us!

When the true gospel is preached and the law is removed! You will hear the charge, "well sombody might sin" if you take away the law?
What they are really saying is that sin is greater than grace!
The truth is only brought out by grace? For only by grace can the hidden lust and desires of the heart be exsposed to the light of Christ!

Law teaches us to hide our sin, in shame!
Grace allows us to bring every thought and intention of the heart to Christ and His Truth.

I like to use this example; we are all sinners and have a box full of darkness and sin. We bring that box of darkness to Christ and His light, and by grace we open the box, and all that darkness is made light!

Eph 5:13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the Light, for whatever makes manifest is light.

Christ alone has the power to take our sin, and make it light.
For I no longer see my sin, but I see His Love for the sinner!

He who is forgiven much, loves much!

Religion works against this truth? religion teaches us to hide our guilt and shame behind religious mask! GRACE teaches us to always be honest with our God, and to allow His Goodness to change us!

We know that whatsoever the law says it says to those who are under law. That the whole world may become guilty before God.

Paul says that By Christ we establish the law? For its purpose? To make all men come to Christ to be saved from their sin! But after we have come to Christ we are no longer under the law!

This is so clear in scripture that an 6th grader could read the New Testament and see this truth.

How has the "church" been so deceived? The god of this world has blinded their minds and hearts, for even unto this day when Moses or the Old Testament is read, a veil is upon their heart and mind.

Col 2:14 Having blotted out the handwritten dogma that was against us, that contrary to us, and took it out of the way and nailed it to His Cross.

Now read the clear scriptures? what was handwritten by God? The 10 commandments! what was against us? read 2Cor3, the ministry of death written and engraved on stones.

What was contrary to us? Read Rom7:7-8 The commandment produces all manner of evil desires within us!

I still am so amazed, that so few understand what is so clear?

The purpose of all of the Lord's commandments is to keep us out of trouble. For example, if we steal, we might wind up in prison.

The purpose of all of the Lord's commandments is to keep us out of trouble. For example, if we steal, we might wind up in prison.
How can a man who walks in the Love of God, even think about stealing? No God desires that we look to give as Christ gave!

So you need a set of rules to keep you from stealing? I suggest you get your heart right with God and the thought of stealing will not come to your mind!

Those who think they keep the law? are always full of evil desires! Bitter and judgmental just like the pharisees, they have no idea how to please God!

Every pearcher I have ever heard preach the law, would always break the law! They may not go into someones home and steal thet way, but have one of them build you a house! They are full of lies and hypocricy. They always find ways to take from others.

THE REASON YOU THINK OF SIN SO MUCH, IS BECAUSE THE STRENGTH OF SIN, IS THE LAW!

The Commandment Thou shalt not steal, produces a desire in you to do that which you are not supposed to do!

Die to the law, and live by love in the spirit of Life In Christ!

You will so lose your sinful desires!

Walk in the spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of your flesh!

Every pearcher I have ever heard preach the law, would always break the law! They may not go into someones home and steal thet way, but have one of them build you a house! They are full of lies and hypocricy. They always find ways to take from others.

Of whom, specifically, do you speak, when you refer to "they"?

The Commandment Thou shalt not steal, produces a desire in you to do that which you are not supposed to do!

Is this an appeal for God to remove His Commandment? Are you saying that it is God's Commandment that actually causes one to sin?

Of whom, specifically, do you speak, when you refer to "they"?

Is this an appeal for God to remove His Commandment? Are you saying that it is God's Commandment that actually causes one to sin?
Thats not my opinion, thats what the scriptures declare in a very clear way!
The Commandment causes sinful desires! "all manner of evil desire" Rom 7:7-8 The ministry of death and condemnation 2Cor3
THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW! What part of this truth is so hard to understand!

No one can be under the law and overcome the sinful flesh!

For sin will not have dominion over you, because you are NOT UNDER THE LAW but under grace!

Over and over and over, this point is made throughout the New Testament!

Why can some not see this?

For the god of this world has blinded their minds and hearts, for even until they are blinded when Moses and the Old Testament is read!

You who look to the law, are in fact spiritually blind! and satan loves it!

Are you saying that it is God's Commandment that actually causes one to sin?
Well, in my opinion Paul means exactly what he says - the Law actually does indeed strengthen and empower sin. Note how many people change what Paul says in order to avoid this uncomfortable conclusion. Paul says that the Law causes the transgression to "abound" (Romans 5:20). It is my experience that many (most?) Christians feel justified in "adjusting" what Paul says to this: "The law causes sin to be identified as sin". In other words, on such a reading, it is through the law that we become aware of sin.

Well, this is simply not what Paul says - he says sin abounds or increases through the action of the Law. And the same is true of Romans 7 - Paul says that sin is strengthened and energized by the Law. In 1 Corinthians, Paul makes a similar claim - the power of sin is the Law.

In the stange and ultimately wonderful purposes of God, the Law of Moses indeed causes the Jew to be ensnared by the power of sin.

Well, in my opinion Paul means exactly what he says - the Law actually does indeed strengthen and empower sin. Note how many people change what Paul says in order to avoid this uncomfortable conclusion. Paul says that the Law causes the transgression to "abound" (Romans 5:20). It is my experience that many (most?) Christians feel justified in "adjusting" what Paul says to this: "The law causes sin to be identified as sin". In other words, on such a reading, it is through the law that we become aware of sin.

Well, this is simply not what Paul says - he says sin abounds or increases through the action of the Law. And the same is true of Romans 7 - Paul says that sin is strengthened and energized by the Law. In 1 Corinthians, Paul makes a similar claim - the power of sin is the Law.

In the stange and ultimately wonderful purposes of God, the Law of Moses indeed causes the Jew to be ensnared by the power of sin.

Romans 7:7

New King James Version (NKJV)

Sin’s Advantage in the Law

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.â€[a]

This an explicit statement by Paul saying what? Is the law sin? Nope. "I would not have known sin except through the law."

Let people understand what Paul is saying. It's plain.

- Davies

Thats not my opinion, thats what the scriptures declare in a very clear way!

You who look to the law, are in fact spiritually blind! and satan loves it!

No. Romans 7 is a sinner's testimony. It is a minute fragment of the story of one man's spiritual journey. Of course if someone is prone to break a certain Law, they might not be thinking of that sinful desire at the moment, and it is most certainly possible that someone else mentioning the Law might trigger that desire. For instance, a man could be minding his own business, reveling in the wonder of God's infinite wisdom and praising the Lord with all the goodness he can muster. Someone else nearby might have a serious problem of coveting. This coveter might be trying to get right with God by repeating the mantra "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife" very loudly. This could cause the first individual to start thinking about his own neighbor's wife, and then he begins coveting.

Like I said, you are reading a sinner's testimony and interpreting it as if it were the righteous path. Paul is neither YHWH, nor Jesus Christ, nor the Holy Spirit.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."-Jesus Christ

Romans 7:7

New King James Version (NKJV)

Sin’s Advantage in the Law

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”[a]

This an explicit statement by Paul saying what? Is the law sin? Nope. "I would not have known sin except through the law."

Let people understand what Paul is saying. It's plain.

- Davies
I hear you, Davies, but I think what they are trying to bring about is that we continue reading into verses 8-12.
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.

The Law was always against sin. Even from the very first Law in the Garden.

The Law points us to the certain fact that we have sin, period.

Is God not RIGHT, to be against that working in any?

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

A child with no money in their pocket may very well 'think' of stealing a piece of candy. That is the beginning of sin. Some, as I'm sure many could attest to, actually do steal the candy.

There was no less the sin in the child who 'thought' about it, but prevailed OVER it. The operation was still 'within' in origination. The one who stole it was showing the 'progression' of sin from thought to deed and was therein captured even moreso.

There is the tension of the Law.
And that child may not have ever heard the law, do not steal, yet their conscience may convict them of wrong.

The workings of these matters within will also cause some to observe 'why' they think such thoughts.

s

I hear you, Davies, but I think what they are trying to bring about is that we continue reading into verses 8-12.
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.

The commandment causes the sin in us to come alive and have strength over us. This point is made throughtout the New Testament.
For sin will not have dominion over you because you are not under law but under grace. The STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW!

this so clear! yet it seems so hard for some to understand?

The commandment causes the sin in us to come alive and have strength over us. This point is made throughtout the New Testament.
For sin will not have dominion over you because you are not under law but under grace. The STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW!

this so clear! yet it seems so hard for some to understand?
According to Paul, citing Scripture, the power of sin to kill precedes the Law:

... sin is not accounted where there is no law. 14 Yet death reigned... Rom 5:13-14

Back