Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baptism in the Spirit: The experience

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
But no Believers have ever had that ability. I of myself can do nothing, it is Christ in me. So what I did ask was are there no Believers today then?
Yes. No believers today have that ability given them by the Spirit.
I do understand that the Apostles did these things to reveal the word and to confirm the word...but does the word still need revealed and confirmation of the word today?
No. That has already taken place. The word now needs to be distributed and studied.
Has the Gospel been preached to the entire world yet? No, but we're getting close.
Paul said it had back in his day..
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Colossians 1:23
Im not willing to call Paul a Liar. Most people did not accept it and pass it down from generation to generation and so entire areas would then be void of the gospel that had once been preached to that area.
When all is said and done, I believe you will be sorely amazed at just how much demonic oppression that the entire world was (is) under.
Satan has a strong hold on this world but I do not believe it is through demon possession. I believe the demon possession we read about in Jesus day was for a time. A time where God could prove that this Jesus of Nazareth had power even over the Spirits. We all know who he is now we dont need more miracles.
Just like Abraham said…They have moses and the prophets if they wont believe them then they wont believe even if one returns from the dead. Now it could be said that we have Jesus and the apostles and if we wont believe them then it wont matter if one can cast out demons. And it doesn’t matter. Christianity is still in decline and has been even though you say all these people have this miraculous ability.
I was not given the interpretation so how would I know?
Then he wasn’t speaking in Bible “tongues”. It was made up.
God has this lovely way of doing things so that to many it is left up to their faith. It is all about faith. Your faith has healed you and so forth, all throughout scripture. So there's more to it than simply the Logos. It is also the Rhema which Testifys. The greater the faith shown, the greater things can be accomplished in the Lord.

Oh I doubt that, lol. There's not much I can say if you have never seen it demonstrated in your entire life. Perhaps you should get out more? You must "see it" before you can believe and I understand this because, I was raised that way too, lol. But consider a couple things.
I have never been witness to any of the “gifts of the Spirit”.
Get out? I travel for a living.
John 20:28-29
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.../KJV
I do believe in Jesus and I dont need him or anybody else to cast out demons or anything else to prove he exist. How about that for faith? You seem to need these gifts to believe? I dont!
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.../ KJV
The context here is about our eternal resurrected body, what awaits us after this life. In this little section we find this..
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
2 Corinthians 4:13
See that? Faith being matched by “what is written”. Thats all I need for my faith to increase; a greater knowledge and understanding of “what is written”! I dont need your tongue speaking devil casting abilities to have faith. So it seems that according to the Bible my faith is stronger than yours.
Jesus and Paul both talk about the unseen realm. The Spiritual realm. It became true to Thomas when he seen Jesus. It was already true to those who look to the unseen. And then Paul makes it an instruction to us to look to the unseen, the spiritual realm.

Some wise old redneck once said that you can't separate the spiritual and the natural. And this is true and we should keep this in mind all the time. Noone can get to know God even the least little bit, without...wondering what He will do tomorrow.

You are convincingly adamant about your confidence in the written word and it's doctrine, the Logos. The Logos, or what we call the Bible, is everything (prolly more) that you have said it is.

The "word" of God as used in the Bible can be Logos (written Word) or Rhema (Spoken Word).
The problem with your understanding of “rhemas” is that we do not get new revelation today through “rhemas”. Ive already had this convo with a couple of Catholics. “Rhemas” today happen when you speak what has already been revealed and written down. 1 Pet 4:11 Is a command.
You have almost suggested that there is no truth outside of scripture and that is not so.
There is no new truth outside of scripture. If so how are you going to prove it? Paul could do miracles…You cant!
But we see through a glass darkly. The Logos is the natural realm Word of God. You can pick it up and hold it.
The Rhema of God is the Spiritual realm Word of God. Spoken Words that you can not see or hold.

You can't separate the spiritual and the natural. God's Words will not come back to Him void. I think that to wholeheartedly accept the written word and to reject Rhemas at the same time is a mistake. Because after all, It's not about the book, it's about Him, as a person and our God. The book leads us to Him.
The Bible disagrees with you. NOW. Its all about the book.
And I can witness to the fact that Jesus has said more than what made it to print. (Although most of what He says, Can be found in print!). So I think you would do well to consider these things and perhaps do a study on Rhemas in the Concordance. (BlueLetterBible.com)
Please enlighten us to the information Jesus has given you but has kept from me. The problem is…you would never be able to prove that you have “extra biblical information”. Why? Paul could do miracles…You cant!

Satan has a strong hold on this world but I do not believe it is through demon possession. I believe the demon possession we read about in Jesus day was for a time. A time where God could prove that this Jesus of Nazareth had power even over the Spirits. We all know who he is now we dont need more miracles.

I didn't say possession I said demonic Opression.
So demonic Possession stopped also?
Where's the scripture for that?

And with all of the evil nowadays, we don't need any more miracles....???

I would venture to say that we need miracles more than ever right now.
More people are dying than ever.
Satan knows he has litttle time left so he ramped up his attacks of evil upon the world.
Now when Satan does evil to God's creation, I would not think that the Lord would forsake His people in that time.
He said He will never leave us or forsake us! The Jesus I know is true and would not do that.
His love is insurmountable, His mercy and grace are endless, His power unimpeachable,

Maybe those signs did go away for a short while? But if they did, then they're back. All you need to do is read the OT and you can see repeatedly that everytime that the enemy moved on His people, God reacted and did things of His own to counter the enemy. Moses floated down the river and lived, Joeseph got sold into slavery and became Egypt's 2nd hand man which saved His people from the famine. There's so many more.
Are you denying the power of God and His goodness towards us, His people?

Christianity is still in decline and has been even though you say all these people have this miraculous ability.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I already responded to this. Of myself (or THEM) I can do nothing. The Lord does it ALL,. Ok? Comprehendo?

Not all are given the same anpointings and gifts. Some get this, some get that. There are different kinds of tongues too.
1 Corinthians 14:1-2
14 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.../kjv

1 Corinthians 12:1-
Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary.../kjv

Then he wasn’t speaking in Bible “tongues”. It was made up.

Which Bible Tongues? The Tongue of Angels or the Tongues of men, or demonic Tongues?

I've seen made up tongues in church before. I don't say that faked tongues isn't out there. But I've also seen more credible tongues spoken in church, and interpreted. They asked the congregation if anyone has a word form the Lord to stand and speak. And someoe did. But when they spoke it was in Swahili or something (I don't remember that), and then they asked, did anyone understand that? And a lady said, that sounded like Swahili, (Again, it wasn't Swahili, I'm just saying for example), and this lady knew some Swahili because her Mama was Swahili and so she asked her mother if that was Swahili, and her Mama said, what, you could not understand that/ He said...something something something (I don't remember) and her mama just happened to be in town visiting her daughter and went to church with them And that's what happened. She said she understood with perfect clarity what was said, and IIRC, it was about a different member of the congregation somehow who the word was for. And they was there too and confirmed it that, that's what he has been praying about! SO he got His answer in church and didn't even have to ask, lol.

That seemed very credible to me in all respects. Can you not see the Holy Spirit moving across this country (and Globe!)??? Miracles abound in the world today. Many medical miracles too which doctor's can not explain. Are all those made up to?

I didn't say possession I said demonic Opression.
So demonic Possession stopped also?
Where's the scripture for that?
Why would you need Demon possession? Satan is doing really well with sending people to hell today without it. He dont need no more help!
And with all of the evil nowadays, we don't need any more miracles....???

I would venture to say that we need miracles more than ever right now.
More people are dying than ever.
Satan knows he has litttle time left so he ramped up his attacks of evil upon the world.
What we need God has already provided. The blood of Christ to save us from our sins. You are too focused on your everyday life. If one is a faithful christian then there should be no fear of death. I think I read once where stonewall Jackson was asked how he was so brave and he said that he felt as safe on the battlefield as he did in bed. He didnt need the miraculous to feel that way.
Now when Satan does evil to God's creation, I would not think that the Lord would forsake His people in that time.
God HAS NOT FORSAKEN his people. Do you have every opportunity to become a part of his family and have eternal life? Yes. There is no where in the NT that God promises youll have some trouble free painless life as a christian. Its just the opposite. He did promise you’ll have trouble if you strive to be faithful to him.
He said He will never leave us or forsake us! The Jesus I know is true and would not do that.
He hasn’t.
His love is insurmountable, His mercy and grace are endless, His power unimpeachable,
Yes it is. And he doesn’t need to pass out miraculous gifts to prove it. He already has done that
Maybe those signs did go away for a short while? But if they did, then they're back. All you need to do is read the OT and you can see repeatedly that everytime that the enemy moved on His people, God reacted and did things of His own to counter the enemy. Moses floated down the river and lived,
Was Moses a part of Gods plan to bring Christ into the world? Yes. Are you?
Joeseph got sold into slavery and became Egypt's 2nd hand man which saved His people from the famine. There's so many more.
Was Joseph a part of Gods plan to bring Christ into the world? Yes. Are you?
Are you denying the power of God and His goodness towards us, His people?
No. I believe what the Bible tells us…
I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for IT IS THE POWER OF GOD unto salvation Rom 1:16
Where do we find “the gospel of Christ”? IT IS WRITTEN.

Matthew 9:6 kjv
6. But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

The spiritual gifts have different areas they work in. If someone uses the word to get a person saved, who gets the credit?

eddif

Matthew 9:6 kjv
6. But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

The spiritual gifts have different areas they work in. If someone uses the word to get a person saved, who gets the credit?

eddif

I've heard this riffle brfore, lol. God gives the increase. But when an unbeliever goes to a Billy Graham service and he calls for an altar call and they go up and receive Christ and becomes born again, does Billy Graham get any credit? No, it would be the persons grandma that has been praying for them for years!

Why would you need Demon possession? Satan is doing really well with sending people to hell today without it. He dont need no more help!

What we need God has already provided. The blood of Christ to save us from our sins. You are too focused on your everyday life. If one is a faithful christian then there should be no fear of death. I think I read once where stonewall Jackson was asked how he was so brave and he said that he felt as safe on the battlefield as he did in bed. He didnt need the miraculous to feel that way.

God HAS NOT FORSAKEN his people. Do you have every opportunity to become a part of his family and have eternal life? Yes. There is no where in the NT that God promises youll have some trouble free painless life as a christian. Its just the opposite. He did promise you’ll have trouble if you strive to be faithful to him.

He hasn’t.

Yes it is. And he doesn’t need to pass out miraculous gifts to prove it. He already has done that

Was Moses a part of Gods plan to bring Christ into the world? Yes. Are you?

Was Joseph a part of Gods plan to bring Christ into the world? Yes. Are you?

No. I believe what the Bible tells us…
I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for IT IS THE POWER OF GOD unto salvation Rom 1:16
Where do we find “the gospel of Christ”? IT IS WRITTEN.

It seems clear at this point that you didn't even hear what I was saying in my post, so prolly best to agree to disagree cuz you don't respond to me and only start talking about your own opinions. So if it isn't about seeking the truth, but only validation for ones own opinions, the conversation is fruitless.

Romans 8:11 kjv
11. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Drink any deadly thing .

A true story . A missionary and his family were off the jungles of a foreign country . Where they lived the jungle was a few yards away in front of their house . And almost everyday they would see some of the natives in the edge of the jungle observing them and thought nothing of it as the missionary family went about their chores and drawing their water out of their well in the front yard . Finally the after a couple of weeks the natives came out of the jungle and talked to the family . The natives said the wanted to know more about the God the missionary family served because this was the true God !
The natives said , we know your God is the true God because He protected you, we have been putting poison in your well many times and all of you are still alive .
There is what I wrote again , now here is the reply .
Im pretty sure there have been plenty of christian people who drank bad stuff and died.
This "bad stuff" you speak of was it poison that was intended to kill a Christians ?
More then we can count.
Let's see those numbers and see how high I can count .
I guess these were the lucky ones.
Are Christians to wish for good luck ? Do you hope for good luck ?
Im sure not going to give it a go.
Give what a go ? Being a missionary ? Because I did give you enough credit to know you would not drink a known poison . But the missionary family did not know the water was poisoned and God divinely protected them just like these verses speak of .

Mark16
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

This "bad stuff" you speak of was it poison that was intended to kill a Christians ?

Give what a go ? Being a missionary ? Because I did give you enough credit to know you would not drink a known poison . But the missionary family did not know the water was poisoned and God divinely protected them just like these verses speak of .

Mark16
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Today we face recovering from diseases designed to overcome us. Without the scripture we would have to overcome with the flesh, but with the promise our recovery is taken care of. And who / what is recovering. The new creature in Christ. The old man we crucify daily.
Both to some level.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Drink any deadly thing .

A true story . A missionary and his family were off the jungles of a foreign country . Where they lived the jungle was a few yards away in front of their house . And almost everyday they would see some of the natives in the edge of the jungle observing them and thought nothing of it as the missionary family went about their chores and drawing their water out of their well in the front yard . Finally the after a couple of weeks the natives came out of the jungle and talked to the family . The natives said the wanted to know more about the God the missionary family served because this was the true God !
The natives said , we know your God is the true God because He protected you, we have been putting poison in your well many times and all of you are still alive .
Again what I wrote .
This to me speaks more to the providence of God then anybody having some miraculous gifts.
It is about "signs following", not talking about miraculous gifts in the verses in question . Here they are . Mark16
This is a question of…why does this person die and this person live? We see an example of this in Acts 12. James was beheaded but the angel came and freed Peter. These things happen all the time. If you start to judge that these people were more spiritual then others I disagree because you are now starting to whittle on Gods end of the stick.
With the info I gave you do you think the missionary family was divinely protected from death from the poison ? The natives sure thought so .

Stop putting words in my mouth. I already responded to this. Of myself (or THEM) I can do nothing. The Lord does it ALL,. Ok? Comprehendo?

Not all are given the same anpointings and gifts. Some get this, some get that. There are different kinds of tongues too.
1 Corinthians 14:1-2
14 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.../kjv

1 Corinthians 12:1-
Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary.../kjv
Where does any of that say that this is for you today? We come back to the same spot. Demonstration!
Nobody demonstrates any of these things. You see your little circle doing the gibberish because its what you teach in your group. Why dont I get to see it? When those in Ephesus obeyed the gospel in acts 19. They received a measure of the Spirit from Paul. Dont even think they had a choice in the matter. They didnt have to “believe”. Paul did it and they started speaking in tongues. Im even around many from the denominational world and NONE of them have EVER demonstrated anything! Again, why does your little group get it and others dont? It was that way in the first century because you needed to come in contact with an apostle to receive this. Thats why some could have it and some not.

Which Bible Tongues? The Tongue of Angels or the Tongues of men, or demonic Tongues?

I've seen made up tongues in church before. I don't say that faked tongues isn't out there. But I've also seen more credible tongues spoken in church, and interpreted. They asked the congregation if anyone has a word form the Lord to stand and speak. And someoe did. But when they spoke it was in Swahili or something (I don't remember that), and then they asked, did anyone understand that? And a lady said, that sounded like Swahili, (Again, it wasn't Swahili, I'm just saying for example), and this lady knew some Swahili because her Mama was Swahili and so she asked her mother if that was Swahili, and her Mama said, what, you could not understand that/ He said...something something something (I don't remember) and her mama just happened to be in town visiting her daughter and went to church with them And that's what happened. She said she understood with perfect clarity what was said, and IIRC, it was about a different member of the congregation somehow who the word was for. And they was there too and confirmed it that, that's what he has been praying about! SO he got His answer in church and didn't even have to ask, lol.

That seemed very credible to me in all respects. Can you not see the Holy Spirit moving across this country (and Globe!)??? Miracles abound in the world today. Many medical miracles too which doctor's can not explain. Are all those made up to?
So doctors always get everything right? In the post covid world I have lost a lot of respect for the medical community.
How many times do doctors misdiagnose something? Then come to you later and go….your healed! I dont know how that happened? But having said that I do believe in the power of prayer. This is not what we are talking about. Me praying for healing and getting it is different then you coming in and laying your hands on me and my club foot is made whole again. See the difference. Go lay your hands on a paralyzed from birth individual and have them get up and walk. Thats what we’re talking about. Not….I have these stomach pains and this woman laid her hands on me and prayed and the pain went away. Oh what a miracle!

It seems clear at this point that you didn't even hear what I was saying in my post, so prolly best to agree to disagree cuz you don't respond to me and only start talking about your own opinions. So if it isn't about seeking the truth, but only validation for ones own opinions, the conversation is fruitless.
hahaha. I answered line by line everything you said in your post and for some reason…“ I didn’t hear what you were saying”? It must have been in tongues.

Mark16
Did you answer my question? Has anybody, who is not a Christian, ever drank a poisonous substance and not died? You think that’s ever happened? Im sorry I dont see the miracle in it.

Again what I wrote .

It is about "signs following", not talking about miraculous gifts in the verses in question . Here they are . Mark16

With the info I gave you do you think the missionary family was divinely protected from death from the poison ? The natives sure thought so .
More importantly…What message did the missionaries deliver to these people on how to become a christian? Can you give me an accurate and honest answer there? Because if its denominational doctrine that I read on here then I think they were wasting there time.

Did you answer my question? Has anybody, who is not a Christian, ever drank a poisonous substance and not died? You think that’s ever happened? Im sorry I dont see the miracle in it.

You don't believe in miracles at all do you?
Here is a good Testimony. I hope you can hear it.

You don't believe in miracles at all do you?
Here is a good Testimony. I hope you can hear it.

Do you know what the HS sounds like? I dont. How did she know it was the HS speaking to her? She also used acts 19 as some proof text. Those in Acts 19 DID NOT receive the baptism of the HS. And since when is saying two syllables over and over again a language? The miracles in the NT were not like this. Im sorry but this is the stuff people outside of Christianity laugh at. But, the people in the NT outside of Christianity could not deny the power they were exposed to. If you want passages I can give them. See the difference?

Back