Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

CAN A REFORMED BELIEVER FALL AWAY FROM FAITH?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
im not a big Calvinism fan there just as saved as i am and the next person.. in carm forum i have ran into those who called any thing outside there doctrine false teaching
I lean Reformed, Calvin or whatever title someone wants to paint me. I don't agree with those whose say anything outside of Calvinism is false teaching, of course, unless it is obviously false teaching.

There are many Hype Calvinists out there, that's for certain.

A Call to Repentance
…4Or those eighteen who were killed when the tower of Siloam collapsed on them: Do you think that they were more sinful than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5No, I tell you. But unless you repent, you too will all perish.” 6Then Jesus told this parable: “A man had a fig tree that was planted in his vineyard. He went to look for fruit on it, but did not find any.…

Yes, but that's the "what", not the "how".

[Act 11:18 KJV] 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

All I'm saying is that God/Christ alone is the Saviour, therefore, He must do the saving in full measure.
As a Christian, can there be another way? Do you disagree? Actually, pretty simple, isn't it?
simple yes man complicates things when the spirit draws the lost they can reject ..i certainly did acts 17 :
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

i can only go by scripture the how and they are both

simple yes man complicates things when the spirit draws the lost they can reject ..i certainly did acts 17 :
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
"Commanded" and "granted" are two very different things. The Bible is full of God's commandments that man rejected/s. That they do so, doesn't make the commandment any less a commandment. "Granted" by God, on the other hand, makes is so.

look you can claim your not Calvinist. but your doctrine is just like it ..i was in a Calvinist forum for a long time. every thing you post it i dotted and t crossed . i am very much free will %199
Well, I dunno, you can say that, but maybe it was just that Calvin just knew the gospel too.
Do you believe Christ the Saviour - I hear that Calvin did

Do you believe Christ the Saviour?
no i am a atheist masking as a Christian do you believe in free will ? do you believe Christ died for all

longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that " any" should perish, but that "all " should come to repentance.”

1 Timothy 2:4​

“Who will have " all " men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.”

no i am a atheist masking as a Christian do you believe in free will ? do you believe Christ died for all
No, I don't, and no, I don't
A non-atheist is not necessarily a Christian. Were Jews atheists? You didn't
make clear which you are - a believer in Christ as Saviour non-atheist, or other?

ongsuffering to us-ward, not willing that " any" should perish, but that "all " should come to repentance.”

You forgot to reference 2 Peter 1:1 which sets the stage - who the "us-ward" were - which were the subjects were of your verse.

Here is your verse:

[2Pe 3:9 KJV]
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Here is the verse you didn't include that sets the stage. Please read closely. I highlighted the important parts.

[2Pe 1:1 KJV]
1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Last edited:
No, I don't, and no, I don't
i rest my case you hold to Calvinism / reformed theology none of this is my 1st rodeo .

to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
at the same time if they had all obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: there would no need to write not willing any should perish . if were in christ Jesus were not going to perish .

this could note could go back and forth
till i went to bed. note could but it wont.. i have dealt with reformed theology in forums and email correspondence with a man who tried his best to convert me over. i must admit it was a challenge using scripture to counter him. he soon gave up your welcome to your belief. it just dosent fit my program . not my cup of tea. so as harry truman sign read the buck stops here. were done saved is saved BTW the atheist remark was sarcasm i am a blood bought child of the King . i pastor a Church i enjoy discussions like this. but there is a time place for everything when we get to heaven God will sort this all out and we will all probably find out many things were wrong on to this bid you good night

i rest my case you hold to Calvinism / reformed theology none of this is my 1st rodeo .
No that's the Bible

email correspondence with a man who tried his best to convert me over
I'm not trying to convert you over. To be honest, I couldn't care less what you believe. I am only putting
out what I know to be the doctrine of salvation of the Bible as is my responsibility. What you do or don't do with it is entirely up to you (and God) -and will be more than happy to leave it at that

yes iam aware his doctrine
There is a slight confessional difference in him then the more common reformed as most are presebyterian or the London Baptist type .the former use the Westminster confession and among these it gets silly over minor differences .

I see why my pastors calls it the split pea soup.

There is a slight confessional difference in him then the more common reformed as most are presebyterian or the London Baptist type .the former use the Westminster confession and among these it gets silly over minor differences .

I see why my pastors calls it the split pea soup.
surgeon was effective called of God or else his writings would no longer exist

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back