Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[__ Science __ ] Covid Vaccine — Texas Senate Discussion

Whose data?
Researchers. Physicians and scientists.

MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep
. 2022 Feb

Abstract

COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, as well as severe COVID-19-associated outcomes in real-world conditions (1,2). The risks for SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19-associated hospitalization are lower among fully vaccinated than among unvaccinated persons; this reduction is even more pronounced among those who have received additional or booster doses (boosters) (3,4). Although the B.1.1.529 (Omicron) variant spreads more rapidly than did earlier SARS-CoV-2 variants, recent studies suggest that disease severity is lower for Omicron compared with that associated with the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant; but the high volume of infections is straining the health care system more than did previous waves (5).*,† The Los Angeles County (LAC) Department of Public Health (LACDPH) used COVID-19 surveillance and California Immunization Registry 2 (CAIR2) data to describe age-adjusted 14-day cumulative incidence and hospitalization rates during November 7, 2021-January 8, 2022, by COVID-19 vaccination status and variant predominance. For the 14-day period ending December 11, 2021, the last week of Delta predominance, the incidence and hospitalization rates among unvaccinated persons were 12.3 and 83.0 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons with a booster and 3.8 and 12.9 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons without a booster. These rate ratios were lower during Omicron predominance (week ending January 8, 2022), with unvaccinated persons having infection and hospitalization rates 3.6 and 23.0 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons with a booster and 2.0 and 5.3 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons without a booster. In addition, during the entire analytic period, admission to intensive care units (ICUs), intubation for mechanical ventilation, and death were more likely to occur among unvaccinated persons than among fully vaccinated persons without or with a booster (p<0.001). Incidence and hospitalization rates were consistently highest for unvaccinated persons and lowest for fully vaccinated persons with a booster. Being up to date with COVID-19 vaccination is critical to protecting against SARS-CoV-2 infection and associated hospitalization.

Vaccines (Basel)
2022 Apr 15;10(4):623.

Balancing Benefits and Harms of COVID-19 Vaccines: Lessons from the Ongoing Mass Vaccination Campaign in Lombardy, Italy

In total, 2,351,883 citizens are included because they received at least one dose of vaccine (755,557 Oxford-AstraZeneca and 1,596,326 Pfizer/Moderna). A reduced incidence of COVID-19-related outcomes is observed with a lowered incidence rate ranging from 55% to 89% and NNT values ranging from 296 to 3977.

There's a lot more in the medical and scientific literature. Would you like to see more?

Researchers. Physicians and scientists.

MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep
. 2022 Feb

Abstract

COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, as well as severe COVID-19-associated outcomes in real-world conditions (1,2). The risks for SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19-associated hospitalization are lower among fully vaccinated than among unvaccinated persons; this reduction is even more pronounced among those who have received additional or booster doses (boosters) (3,4). Although the B.1.1.529 (Omicron) variant spreads more rapidly than did earlier SARS-CoV-2 variants, recent studies suggest that disease severity is lower for Omicron compared with that associated with the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant; but the high volume of infections is straining the health care system more than did previous waves (5).*,† The Los Angeles County (LAC) Department of Public Health (LACDPH) used COVID-19 surveillance and California Immunization Registry 2 (CAIR2) data to describe age-adjusted 14-day cumulative incidence and hospitalization rates during November 7, 2021-January 8, 2022, by COVID-19 vaccination status and variant predominance. For the 14-day period ending December 11, 2021, the last week of Delta predominance, the incidence and hospitalization rates among unvaccinated persons were 12.3 and 83.0 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons with a booster and 3.8 and 12.9 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons without a booster. These rate ratios were lower during Omicron predominance (week ending January 8, 2022), with unvaccinated persons having infection and hospitalization rates 3.6 and 23.0 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons with a booster and 2.0 and 5.3 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons without a booster. In addition, during the entire analytic period, admission to intensive care units (ICUs), intubation for mechanical ventilation, and death were more likely to occur among unvaccinated persons than among fully vaccinated persons without or with a booster (p<0.001). Incidence and hospitalization rates were consistently highest for unvaccinated persons and lowest for fully vaccinated persons with a booster. Being up to date with COVID-19 vaccination is critical to protecting against SARS-CoV-2 infection and associated hospitalization.

Vaccines (Basel)
2022 Apr 15;10(4):623.

Balancing Benefits and Harms of COVID-19 Vaccines: Lessons from the Ongoing Mass Vaccination Campaign in Lombardy, Italy

In total, 2,351,883 citizens are included because they received at least one dose of vaccine (755,557 Oxford-AstraZeneca and 1,596,326 Pfizer/Moderna). A reduced incidence of COVID-19-related outcomes is observed with a lowered incidence rate ranging from 55% to 89% and NNT values ranging from 296 to 3977.

There's a lot more in the medical and scientific literature. Would you like to see more?

I haven’t seen anything yet, except propaganda from your Big Pharma.

Here is the truth from Doctors and scientists from around the world.

Here is just one of many —

Why was he receiving so many death threats?

How did he just mysteriously die?

JLB

Post in thread 'Covid Vaccine — Texas Senate Discussion'

I haven’t seen anything yet, except propaganda from your Big Pharma.
That's a medical report, not drug companies.

Here is the truth from Doctors and scientists from around the world.

Here is just one of many —
Vladimir Zelenko (November 27, 1973 – June 30, 2022) was an American family physician and author known for promoting a three-drug combination of hydroxychloroquine, zinc sulfate, and azithromycin as part of an experimental outpatient treatment for COVID-19 that he called the Zelenko Protocol. He also promoted unfounded medical advice, conspiracy theories, and misinformation about COVID-19 vaccination.[1]

On March 23, 2020, Zelenko published an open letter to U.S. president Donald Trump where he claimed to have successfully treated hundreds of COVID-19 patients with a five-day course of his protocol. Zelenko's treatment protocol quickly gained notoriety, with several right-wing media figures and various Trump administration officials promoting it, including Rudy Giuliani and then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, despite cautionary messages from health experts.[2]

All the doctors I know are encouraging people to take the vaccinations. Zelenko is one of the few who opposed it.

CHICAGO — The American Medical Association (AMA) today released a new survey (PDF) among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with no significant difference in vaccination rates across regions. Of the physicians who are not yet vaccinated, an additional 45 percent do plan to get vaccinated.

Even as Zelenko’s ideas took hold within Orthodox communities, leaders of the Kiryas Joel community spoke out publicly against him, urging locals to follow proven medical advice to stop the spread of the disease. Zelenko also came under scrutiny from federal authorities for claiming that a study of the drugs he promoted had won approval from the Food and Drug Administration.

Zelenko announced in May 2020 that he would be leaving the community where he rose to fame, saying, “Things have happened. I’ve decided that it’s time for me to move on. I’m not sure yet what I’m going to do.”

Zelenko subsequently devoted himself to a company, Zelenko Labs, that sells vitamins and other supplements online and to the Z Freedom Foundation, which he launched to advance criticism of the medical establishment. Zelenko said in a video created by the foundation that his cancer diagnosis, made in 2018, spurred him to act; both entities said they would continue after his death.

Barred intermittently from major social media platforms for promoting misinformation, Zelenko remained an icon for the anti-vaccination movement and many of its supporters on the far-right. He joining some of them in anti-vaxx messaging and self-publishing pseudo-scientific studies claiming that millions of people had died from COVID vaccines. Many of them posted tributes to him as news of his death spread Thursday.

BDE: Dr. Zev Zelenko Passes Away After Battling Illness

"Dr. Zelenko suffered from multiple severe health problems. He was diagnosed with a rare lung disease several years ago. In recent weeks, he announced that he was being treated for several serious conditions involving his heart and lungs."

Why was he receiving so many death threats?
His own ultraorthodox Jewish community turned against him. It's not clear whether it was just his opposition to the vaccine or his odd Kabbalistic writings that offended many Jewish conservative believers.

Also in 2019, Zelenko co-authored with one of his sons, Levi Yitzchok Zelenko, a book about Kabbalah, on Jewish mysticism, Hasidism, called Essence To Essence, which "describes the metaphysical dynamics shared by science, medicine, psychology, economics, law, and politics"

However, he had been ill with lung cancer for some time, and this is the likely cause of death.

All the doctors I know are encouraging people to take the vaccinations. Zelenko is one of the few who opposed it.

There are literally tens of thousands of doctors worldwide who are speaking out against the Covid Vaccine.

The doctor in the OP who is testifying before the Texas Senate represents 17,000 doctors and vaccine scientists who oppose the deadly Covid Vaccine.

I wouldn't even call the jab a vaccine.
It's something different which I don't understand and I think it's prudent to keep away from things not understood.
I do understand it, and yes, it's a vaccine. I don't understand, in detail, how my car's transmission works. Should I stay out of the car, since I don't understand it?

The site wants to harvest your email account in order to read. (Barbarian checks) Ah...

Brain Behav Immun
2020 Oct;89:601-603

Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in a man with COVID-19: SARS-CoV-2-accelerated neurodegeneration?

Abstract

We describe a man whose first manifestations of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease occurred in tandem with symptomatic onset of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Drawing from recent data on prion disease pathogenesis and immune responses to SARS-CoV-2, we hypothesize that the cascade of systemic inflammatory mediators in response to the virus accelerated the pathogenesis of our patient's prion disease.

It appears that site was dishonestly misrepresenting the research findings, but I'm thinking that maybe they misunderstood the report and confused a COVID-19 infection with a vaccination. Or they might have been lying. Hard to say.

Last edited:
I do understand it, and yes, it's a vaccine. I don't understand, in detail, how my car's transmission works. Should I stay out of the car, since I don't understand it?
Yes!
You should stay out of a car if you don't know it or understand it enough to drive it.

It could kill you.

Yes!
You should stay out of a car if you don't know it or understand it enough to drive it.

It could kill you.
The question is then whether or not you must understand in detail how an automatic transmission works, in order to safely drive a car. I don't think so. The data support my skepticism.

The question is then whether or not you must understand in detail how an automatic transmission works, in order to safely drive a car. I don't think so. The data support my skepticism.
The flu vaccine is a vaccine.
Virus are used to create it.

The covid vaccine is not considered to be a vaccine because it works differently in the body.

It's called an mRNA.
I'm not sending you links because I'm sure you've read more than i have on the topic and understand everything better.

One of the reasons I can't trust it is precisely because scientists cannot agree but it does appear to me that many effects have surfaced that SEEM to have surprised the medical community.

I feel we were not told the truth.
Or maybe they didn't know...
I got 2 shots myself, against my better judgement.

The covid vaccine is not considered to be a vaccine because it works differently in the body.
Actually, it is a vaccine since it fits the definition. A vaccine is a substance made of live or dead disease microorganisms or parts of them, that are placed in the body to produce immunity.
It's called an mRNA.
I'm not sending you links because I'm sure you've read more than i have on the topic and understand everything better.
It's pretty simple in basic outline. mRNA is a form of nucleic acid that is formed by transcription from DNA. It works one way only, and normally mRNA is produced in the nucleus, and then goes out into the cell where a ribosome translates it into a protein. In the case of mRNA vaccines, the mRNA goes to ribosomes and is translated into spike protein. The body then reacts to the spike proteins by forming antibodies against them, producing immunity.

One of the reasons I can't trust it is precisely because scientists cannot agree
Pretty much all of them agree on this. The dissenters are few indeed. In the US, for example, about 96 percent of physicians have taken the vaccine, and another 2 percent say that they will. That's compelling agreement, given that there are a few people who should not take vaccines for specific health reasons.
I got 2 shots myself, against my better judgement.
Events seem to indicate it was your better judgement. But you should do a booster if you're over 65.

Lol! Ok........you take them then, no worries, right? They work right? Oh, but all that science has changed and been updated.
Science is continually updated. The point is that anti-vaxxers ignore the science.
So, do vaccines actually work or has that all been thrown out the window with Covid-19?
Seeing as unvaccinated people are dying at rates several times greater than vaccinated people, any reasonable person would say that they work very well. Would you like me to show you the data, again?

According to my faith, we must approach the supper of the Lord in repentance and sincerity believing in the power of Christ. To be sick, according to my faith, is a judgement from the Lord. So, I walk according to my faith and that is all the medicine I need.
God gave you intelligence to find ways to protect yourself. It's tempting God to ignore them and expect Him to bail you out.
You go with Fauci and government, you need them.
It's not government and Fauci doing the research that validates the vaccines. You're aiming at the wrong people.
You need your pseudo medicine because you are pseudo. It's like Beelzebub casting out demons, lol! They always come back, you are simply appeased for a time and then are sick again.
The nice thing about vaccines is, they don't require magic and demons. Forget magic and demons; the vaccines are the real thing.

And they work.

Luke 4:[9] And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and he said to him: If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself from hence. [10] For it is written, that He hath given his angels charge over thee, that they keep thee.

[11] And that in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest perhaps thou dash thy foot against a stone. [12] And Jesus answering, said to him: It is said: Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. [13] And all the temptation being ended, the devil departed from him for a time.

Barbarian a Christian?

Yep. Pretty much an orthodox Trinitarian Christian.
You must have missed all the blessing that come with being a Christian.
I just listen to what He says and try to be as good an imitation of Him as I can. See above. He says not to tempt God by not taking care of myself, and I listen. Everyone should.
Your words don't sound Christian at all.
A lot of non-Christians have told me that. But I'm just following Jesus; some of them are pretty shocked to know what Jesus told us to do. If He came back today, the same kinds of "God's people" would crucify Him again.
Must be reverse day, oh, yes, it is I forgot. Dark is light and light is dark, good is evil and evil is good. Oh, almost forgot the WOE unto you who call it that.

Funny how people who are doing that, never realize that it applies to them, um? Instead of adding all sorts of things, just listen to what He told His followers. Start with Matthew, wherein there is a great deal of applied Christianity:

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. [38] This is the greatest and the first commandment. [39] And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. [40] On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.

Get that right, and you really can't go wrong. As Jesus says, everything else depends on that. Worth a try?

Back