Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Pre-trib Rapture is not scriptural

I would love to discuss the RCC with you as everyone on my mothers side of the family were Catholic and my father was a protestant, but I can't go against the ToS as to what I would like to say so will just stick with the topic at hand.

i grew up in two families surrounded by the RCE so we speak from experience..

He was working on something shortly before the plane crash.. do you know what it was?
I would guess outreach ministry but don't really know what he might have had in mind. I appreciated him at the time for his biting critique of pew warmers and call to activism.

When does the pre trib rapture doctrine say about the antichrist's appearance.. when does he come on the scene?
It's a person usually after the rapture.declares himself to be God 3.5 years later.the church isn't on the earth.while I'm not one of them,i don't see the point in knowing what or who he or it is.anything anti biblical need not be so focused on.if my pastor says go kill,lie etc I won't follow him.
If I see another killing ,lying or what not to another I will like to the think I would to try to stop it rather then gossip about it.warNing is another thing.but some are wierd and like the intrigue and mystery of the end.not all conspiracies are wrong or right.we must filter out the truth and be sure.

My guess is if you have to ask then take it to PM

Did you know he was a good friend of Leonard Ravenhill.. there's nothing wrong with what he was working on it was prophetic.. and was probably why he went to be with Jesus so suddenly...

This is what Leonard said of him..

Memories of Keith Green by Leonard Ravenhill

I've been listening a lot to Keith Green today, thought that some might enjoy this article written by Leonard Ravenhill, Keith's pastor, after Keith's death in 1982.

William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, Keith Green had one thing in common. They both saw the gates of hell. Booth saw them from the outside. Keith them from the inside. Keith had been to the bottom of barrel. He'd felt the horror and the misery. He was a prisoner and nobody could break the chains. But God rescued him! "Religion" couldn't do it. Vows couldn't do it. Psychology couldn't do it. But Jesus did it!

Keith had a radical New Birth experience plus a Baptism of Fire and became a spiritual revolutionary. God took him, cleansed him, occupied him, and anointed him.

Keith hungered to know about those heroes who moved their generation for God and he followed in their steps. He had a holy zeal and a purity I've seen in very few. I don't think Keith was preoccupied with the gospel Christ as much as he was with the person of Christ. I think that was his consuming passion. He wasn't preacher. He was a crusader. And he poured out the inner passion of his soul through the vibrant lyrics of his songs.

In that great Final Day, many will rise up and call blessed. He bowed his whole being before the One who said, "To bring fire on earth I come," and by Him he was ignited--his heart an altar and God's love the flame.

I'm in my 83rd year, but it doesn't necessarily mean I'm wiser or stronger. It doesn't mean I've done more. It's not the stretch of life that matters. It's the depth of life. It's not how long we live. It's how we live. Keith was a man who seemed to live on' the edge of eternity. And he was ready to step into it.

It can truly be said of Keith that, "He being dead, yet speaketh." And he will speak right on to the generations beyond us. I wish we had ten thousand people like him. pray that many will catch a vision from his life-and trust and obey.

The words of my favorite hymn paint a portrait of my dear friend Keith. I thank God Keith ever came my way.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8269&forum=35

Back to topic..

Then you are saying Jesus Christ our Lord is a liar for what He has taught and confirmed to me. I have no other teacher. So move on I shall, In the peace and grace of Christ. For the flesh can not understand the Gospel, because it is Spiritually discerned. But as a born again believer we judgeth all things, but I'am not under judgment of any man, for what carnal man has the mind of Christ that he may make judgment on a born again believer, for we have the mind of Christ. I walk away with a grieved Spirit because of the worship and teachings of Korah by others who intruded their self will into the sphere of divine authority.
I would never call Jesus a liar and as reba said we are all at different levels of learning and no one is superior over another as we are a family of God even if we do disagree at times, but still walk in love for one another. I'm just putting what I believe out there and some will accept it and some will reject it and that's alright for we know we will be with Christ when He does return and that is the most important thing in all our lives.

i asked earlier if anyone remembers Keith Green.. well?
Keith Green was a great example of how one can change their life and live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. He and some of his children were taken to soon. I'm so glad his wife carried on his legacy.

It's a person usually after the rapture.declares himself to be God 3.5 years later.the church isn't on the earth.while I'm not one of them,i don't see the point in knowing what or who he or it is.anything anti biblical need not be so focused on.if my pastor says go kill,lie etc I won't follow him.
If I see another killing ,lying or what not to another I will like to the think I would to try to stop it rather then gossip about it.warNing is another thing.but some are wierd and like the intrigue and mystery of the end.not all conspiracies are wrong or right.we must filter out the truth and be sure.

For all those who believe in a pretrib rapture before what you like to call "The Great Tribulation" and we are all out of here, here is my questions. What would be the purpose of a seven year or even a 3 1/2 year tribulation period or even a literal 1000 year reign with Christ here on earth. What would the purpose of the mark of the beast even be if we are taken up to be with Jesus as you say the Church will not be here at that time. Wouldn't you think that once we were caught up to be with Jesus that God would at that time as even in the twinkling of an eye just send everyone who's names are not found in the Lamb's Book of Life to the lake of fire immediately so He could usher down the New Jerusalem. Why would God take up all of us and only leave two witnesses, which could not cover all the nations anyway, and then come back and rapture the two.

Revelations means the unveiling as John was never caught up to the third heaven, but only in the Spirit while being a prisoner on the isle of Patmos when Jesus sent the angel to him to give him warnings of what to look for before Jesus returns and instructed to send what he wrote to the seven Churches which we are all apart of.

This is what Leonard said of him..

Memories of Keith Green by Leonard Ravenhill

I've been listening a lot to Keith Green today, thought that some might enjoy this article written by Leonard Ravenhill, Keith's pastor, after Keith's death in 1982.

William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, Keith Green had one thing in common. They both saw the gates of hell. Booth saw them from the outside. Keith them from the inside. Keith had been to the bottom of barrel. He'd felt the horror and the misery. He was a prisoner and nobody could break the chains. But God rescued him! "Religion" couldn't do it. Vows couldn't do it. Psychology couldn't do it. But Jesus did it!

Keith had a radical New Birth experience plus a Baptism of Fire and became a spiritual revolutionary. God took him, cleansed him, occupied him, and anointed him.

Keith hungered to know about those heroes who moved their generation for God and he followed in their steps. He had a holy zeal and a purity I've seen in very few. I don't think Keith was preoccupied with the gospel Christ as much as he was with the person of Christ. I think that was his consuming passion. He wasn't preacher. He was a crusader. And he poured out the inner passion of his soul through the vibrant lyrics of his songs.

In that great Final Day, many will rise up and call blessed. He bowed his whole being before the One who said, "To bring fire on earth I come," and by Him he was ignited--his heart an altar and God's love the flame.

I'm in my 83rd year, but it doesn't necessarily mean I'm wiser or stronger. It doesn't mean I've done more. It's not the stretch of life that matters. It's the depth of life. It's not how long we live. It's how we live. Keith was a man who seemed to live on' the edge of eternity. And he was ready to step into it.

It can truly be said of Keith that, "He being dead, yet speaketh." And he will speak right on to the generations beyond us. I wish we had ten thousand people like him. pray that many will catch a vision from his life-and trust and obey.

The words of my favorite hymn paint a portrait of my dear friend Keith. I thank God Keith ever came my way.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8269&forum=35

Back to topic..
Back in the seventies his songs truly ministered to my spirit and is very relevant to the topic as we being the true Church of Christ.

This is a quote from Leonard Ravenhill who was a close friend of Keith Green and Keith was the personification of this quote as he lived by Matthew 25:32-40 with the ministry God entrusted him with called "Last Days Ministries" which his wife continues to work with today.

"The only reason we don't have revival is because we are willing to live without it!"

"I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell."

"Today’s church wants to be raptured from responsibility."

"If weak in prayer, we are weak everywhere."

"Men give advice; God gives guidance."

"Are the things you are living for worth Christ dying for?"

"A sinning man stops praying, a praying man stops sinning"

"God pity us that after years of writing, using mountains of paper and rivers of ink, exhausting flashy terminology about the biggest revival meetings in history, we are still faced with gross corruption in every nation, as well as with the most prayerless church age since Pentecost."

"The Church used to be a lifeboat rescuing the perishing. Now she is a cruise ship recruiting the promising."

"The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized within the lifetime of the opportunity."

"My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."

"If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified."

"Entertainment is the devil's substitute for joy"

,i don't see the point in knowing what or who he or it is.anything anti biblical need not be so focused on
Hi Jasonc, I believe much of The Revelation of Jesus The Christ that we may not understand now, will be well understood during 'the Tribulation" to those who are going through it. They will have the Book. But just like the Book of Daniel that foretells future event, men will miss the prophetic signs because of unbelief and by those who misinterpret the prophecy's by trespassing, which is intruding their self will into the sphere of divine authority.

Keith Green knew all to well what the words of the prophecy meant concerning antichrist.. i had no idea that he knew.. it wasn't that long ago that thousands of people knew.. now all is going quiet..

Back