Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Pre-trib Rapture is not scriptural

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city (Jerusalem), to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Seven blessings are prophesied here for Israel; have they been accomplished? If not, which is lacking?

I’m fairly certain most are acquainted with the fact that each of the days assigned blessings of Israel’s seventy weeks of day/year counting is actually four hundred and ninety years.
Ezekiel 4:6 we read that "I have appointed thee each day for a year."

Do we actually interpret judgment of Israel here in these four hundred and ninety years of blessings as we see occurring in the first seven years of the Lord’s Day?

Dear Brother Rondmon, from reading your account it appears you believe that everlasting righteousness comes at the end of seven years of Israel's judgment, and of course the entire world. If that is so, why would there be a future Rev 20:9 And they (Talking of those Satan deceives) went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

This actually caught me off guard a bit in that I can't think of scripture right off stating this. All that comes to mind is:
Heb 2:8 Thou (Our Father) hast put all things in subjection under His (Jesus') feet. For in that He put all in subjection under Him, He left nothing that is not put under Him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. (Jesus has not taken that all power as of this present time - the fullness of the Gentiles is not complete.)
1Co 15:27 For He (Our Father) hath put all things under His (Jesus') feet. But when He saith all things are put under Him, it is manifest that He (Our Father) is excepted, which did put all things under Him (Jesus).
1Co 15:28 And WHEN all things shall be subdued unto Him (Jesus), then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him (Our Father), that God may be all in all.
Thanks. :wave2

Hello brother in Christ, greeting.

Do we actually interpret judgment of Israel here in these four hundred and ninety years of blessings as we see occurring in the first seven years of the Lord’s Day ?

I don't quite understand what you meant here, I will just answer a what I think you meant. Seems maybe my speaking about Gods judgment (490 year decree is judgment, no doubt) then saying God is blessing them, maybe I confused the situation. What I am saying is, God is blessing Israel, in spite of themselves, so that His timing will be perfect. In other words, in spite of this rebellion still ongoing, God blessed Israel to become a nation, because this was His prophecy in Ezekiel. God blessed Israel so thy won the Six Days, because it served His purpose, NOT because they deserved blessing. Maybe you meant something entirely different, I don't know. But their judgment is still not yet over, but they are being protected and blessed because of Gods own plans, Israel has to be a nation, so the Temple can be defiled by Satan and so the Anti-Christ can come after Israel. I know it sounds contradictory, but God has His own plans.

Dear Brother Rondmon, from reading your account it appears you believe that everlasting righteousness comes at the end of seven years of Israel's judgment, and of course the entire world. If that is so, why would there be a future Rev 20:9 And they (Talking of those Satan deceives) went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Notice, there is no true war, God/Jesus judges them by devouring them with Fire straight away. Jesus is set as the 1000 year Millennial Ruler, he will rule with a rod of iron, that means sin will be dealt with swiftly. Righteousness only means that right judgments are brought to pass, swiftly at that. In other words there will be no more waiting, to time for repentance, fire will rain down on the wicked, and that is right, that is what should happen, immediately, they deserve no second chance.

AS PER JESUS WILL RULE FOREVER

Of course I see Jesus and God as one and they will rule forever.

God Bless............

Do we actually interpret judgment of Israel here in these four hundred and ninety years of blessings as we see occurring in the first seven years of the Lord’s Day?
I don't quite understand what you meant here, I will just answer a what I think you meant. Seems maybe my speaking about Gods judgment (490 year decree is judgment, no doubt)
Again, using Dan 9:24 alone, do you see one bit of judgment there?
The Jewish Diaspora, or dispersion was in effect as judgment already at that time. What Gabriel is telling Daniel is of blessings by God to come upon Israel within the next four hundred and ninety years.

1. He's going to finish the transgression.
2. He's going to make an end of sins.
3. He's going to make reconciliation for iniquity.
4. He's going to bring in everlasting righteousness.
5. He's going to seal up the vision.
6. He's going to seal up the prophesy.
7. He's going to anoint the most Holy.

When we come to the Lord's day of Revelation it is certainly judgment, but the four hundred and ninety years of blessings ended with the stoning of Stephen seven years after Jesus was crucified.
You do realize that in Php 2:6 the Jesus, "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" (At that point Jesus was everything you see Him as today)
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: (Even though Jesus is Emanuel; God with us, does He retain the power He had when equal with our Father?)
I ask this because why would God have to put everything under Jesus and allow Him to rule as as we read in Rev 1:8, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Please understand that 1 Cor 15:28 says after Jesus' reign of a thousand years "When all things shall be subdued unto Him (By God our Father), then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him (God our Father) that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(Jesus forever took the lower place for our sakes, though exalted according to Php 2:9 above all names.)
Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave2

Yes, I see continual judgment for 483 weeks, then in the taking away of the mantle, which is given unto the gentiles for an exact time period, while Israel was dispersed unto many nations, then Ezekiel's prophecy of her regathering came to pass in 1948, and she regained Jerusalem in 1967. The Seven year tribulation is called Jacob's troubles, God has set goals that must come to pass before Israel are received again by God as his chosen people, thus God not blessing Israel for almost 2500 years is a Judgment in itself. After all, God decreed these judgments of determinations upon Israel because of her sinning against God, and GOD DOESN'T BLESS US FOR SINNING.

As I have written about, God and Jesus are one, but God the Father has the abundance of the Glory, no man can look upon the Father.

The 70 Sevens as explained in got questions ? I think this might be the best I have read on this subject.

What are the seventy weeks of Daniel ?

Answer: The “seventy weeks” prophecy is one of the most significant and detailed Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament. It is found in Daniel 9. The chapter begins with Daniel praying for Israel, acknowledging the nation’s sins against God and asking for God’s mercy. As Daniel prayed, the angel Gabriel appeared to him and gave him a vision of Israel’s future.

The Divisions of the 70 Weeks

In verse 24, Gabriel says, “Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city.” Almost all commentators agree that the seventy “sevens” should be understood as seventy “weeks” of years, in other words, a period of 490 years. These verses provide a sort of “clock” that gives an idea of when the Messiah would come and some of the events that would accompany His appearance.

The prophecy goes on to divide the 490 years into three smaller units: one of 49 years, one of 434 years, and one 7 years. The final “week” of 7 years is further divided in half. Verse 25 says, “From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’” Seven “sevens” is 49 years, and sixty-two “sevens” is another 434 years:

49 years + 434 years = 483 years

The Purpose of the 70 Weeks
The prophecy contains a statement concerning God’s six-fold purpose in bringing these events to pass. Verse 24 says this purpose is 1) “to finish transgression,” 2) “to put an end to sin,” 3) “to atone for wickedness,” 4) “to bring in everlasting righteousness,” 5) “to seal up vision and prophecy,” and 6) “to anoint the most holy.”

Notice that these results concern the total eradication of sin and the establishing of righteousness. The prophecy of the 70 weeks summarizes what happens before Jesus sets up His millennial kingdom. Of special note is the third in the list of results: “to atone for wickedness.” Jesus accomplished the atonement for sin by His death on the cross (Romans 3:25; Hebrews 2:17).

The Fulfillment of the 70 Weeks
Gabriel said the prophetic clock would start at the time that a decree was issued to rebuild Jerusalem. From the date of that decree to the time of the Messiah would be 483 years. We know from history that the command to “restore and rebuild Jerusalem” was given by King Artaxerxes of Persia c. 445 B.C. (see Nehemiah 2:1-8).

The first unit of 49 years (seven “sevens”) covers the time that it took to rebuild Jerusalem, “with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble” (Daniel 9:25). This rebuilding is chronicled in the book of Nehemiah.

Using the Jewish custom of a 360-day year, 483 years after 445 B.C. places us at A.D. 30, which would coincide with Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem (Matthew 21:1-9). The prophecy in Daniel 9 specifies that after the completion of the 483 years, “the Anointed One will be cut off” (verse 26). This was fulfilled when Jesus was crucified.

Daniel 9:26 continues with a prediction that, after the Messiah is killed, “the people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.” This was fulfilled with the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70. The “ruler who will come” is a reference to the Antichrist, who, it seems, will have some connection with Rome, since it was the Romans who destroyed Jerusalem.

The Final Week of the 70 Weeks
Of the 70 “sevens,” 69 have been fulfilled in history. This leaves one more “seven” yet to be fulfilled. Most scholars believe that we are now living in a huge gap between the 69th week and the 70th week. The prophetic clock has been paused, as it were. The final “seven” of Daniel is what we usually call the tribulation period.

Daniel’s prophecy reveals some of the actions of the Antichrist, the “ruler who will come.” Verse 27 says, “He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’” However, “in the middle of the ‘seven,’ . . . he will set up an abomination that causes desolation” in the temple. Jesus warned of this event in Matthew 24:15. After the Antichrist breaks the covenant with Israel, a time of “great tribulation” begins (Matthew 24:21, NKJV).

Daniel also predicts that the Antichrist will face judgment. He only rules “until the end that is decreed is poured out on him” (Daniel 9:27). God will only allow evil to go so far, and the judgment the Antichrist will face has already been planned out.

Conclusion
The prophecy of the 70 weeks is complex and amazingly detailed, and much has been written about it. Of course, there are various interpretations, but what we have presented here is the dispensational, premillennial view. One thing is certain: God has a time table, and He is keeping things on schedule. He knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10), and we should always be looking for the triumphant return of our Lord (Revelation 22:7).

http://www.gotquestions.org/seventy-weeks.html

John was not,I repeat, not in the Spirit on the Sabbath.

Revelation 1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,"

Pay attention to the below verse

Revelation 1:19 "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;"

In your way of thinking the things seen would be on a Saturday(depending on your view of the Sabbath)the things which are should mean Sunday,and the shall be are, Monday,Tuesday,etc

Again, makes no sense

The Lords Day starts the millennium

So again

Revelation 1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,"

"I"; this is John speaking and telling us where he was. "I was in the Spirit", not in his flesh body; "on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet". John is taken forward in time, "in the Spirit", to the day of the Lord. The "Day of the Lord" is not referring to Sunday or Saturday. This is the same "Day of the Lord" Paul speaks about in I Thessalonians 5:2, as "coming as a thief in the night". Later in II Thessalonians 2:2-3 Paul makes it clear that at the "Day of the Lord" Christ's return will not happen until "after there will be a great falling away first; and "that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition". Satan must be revealed in his role as the Antichrist first, before that seventh trumpet can sound, the last trumpet.

The time, or day, John was taken to was beyond our time frame, however we are living in the generation that will see it come to pass, and live through what John saw and lived, while in the Spirit. There is only one day that is called "The Day of the Lord" in all the Scriptures.

Believe what you will,just know it's not right!!!

There is a difference between "the Lord's Day" and "the day of the Lord". The Lords Day is only referenced as the Sabbath and the day of the Lord is referenced to the time of Gods great wrath being poured out on those who refuse to repent and then the timing of Christ return. John was in the Spirit on the Lord's day as in still being in his body, but yet engulfed with the Spirit of God that spoke to him and told him to write those things down that he would be shown. It was much like Moses when God spoke to him on the mountain as Moses was still in his own body, but yet present with God.

I will post this again if you might have missed it.

The day of the Lord is a day of Gods great wrath being poured out on those who refuse to repent. It is always pointed out as the day at hand meaning in Gods timing. The phrase “the day of the Lord” is used nineteen times in the Old Testament (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31; 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 15; Zephaniah 1:7,14; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi. 4:5) and five times in the New Testament (Acts 2:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Peter 3:10). It is also alluded to in other passages (Revelation 6:17; 16:14).

The Lord's day only appears once in scripture in Rev 1:10. It gives no reference to what day of the week it was as every day is the Lord's day, but more specific refers to the Sabbath day in Mark 16:9; Acts 2:42; 20:7; 1Corinthians 16:1,2 . John was in the Spirit, but yet in his physical body when he received from the angel all these revelations that he wrote down. Throughout scripture the Lord's day is usually referred to as the Sabbath being the seventh day of the week, Genesis 2:1-3.

True, but this Prophecy is about what will happen before Israels punishment is over and her transgressions wiped clean....

Actually this prophecy is about what happens to Israel after her punishment in Babylon is over and her idolatrous transgressions wiped clean. God instructs the gentile messiah Cyrus to free her in the spirit of grace. She is rebuilt for 49yrs, desecrates herself again, then struggles for 434yrs until Jesus begins His ministry and opens the way out of enslavement to works. The only way to be a Christian is to accept the blessings of Dan 9:24, which the finished work of Jesus made available. Some don't accept these blessings, but it doesn't mean they aren't available, and God will not force them upon the unbelieving. However, there are consequences for unbelief, and the prophecy makes that clear.

Hello brother in Christ, greeting.

Do we actually interpret judgment of Israel here in these four hundred and ninety years of blessings as we see occurring in the first seven years of the Lord’s Day ?

I don't quite understand what you meant here, I will just answer a what I think you meant. Seems maybe my speaking about Gods judgment (490 year decree is judgment, no doubt) then saying God is blessing them, maybe I confused the situation. What I am saying is, God is blessing Israel, in spite of themselves, so that His timing will be perfect. In other words, in spite of this rebellion still ongoing, God blessed Israel to become a nation, because this was His prophecy in Ezekiel. God blessed Israel so thy won the Six Days, because it served His purpose, NOT because they deserved blessing. Maybe you meant something entirely different, I don't know. But their judgment is still not yet over, but they are being protected and blessed because of Gods own plans, Israel has to be a nation, so the Temple can be defiled by Satan and so the Anti-Christ can come after Israel. I know it sounds contradictory, but God has His own plans.

Notice, there is no true war, God/Jesus judges them by devouring them with Fire straight away. Jesus is set as the 1000 year Millennial Ruler, he will rule with a rod of iron, that means sin will be dealt with swiftly. Righteousness only means that right judgments are brought to pass, swiftly at that. In other words there will be no more waiting, to time for repentance, fire will rain down on the wicked, and that is right, that is what should happen, immediately, they deserve no second chance.

God Bless............

It's not the Temple that will be defiled as there is no longer a Temple of God on the Temple mount and never will be again. Israel lost her right to be called Gods chosen people, (God did save a faithful remnant), as they fell into idolatry worshipping other gods as they allowed themselves to fall from Gods grace as they followed the lust of their own hearts as they practiced Judaism, 1Kings 9:1-9. God’s judgment against them led them to be captured, 605 – 537 B.C., by Nebuchadnezzar into Babylon for seventy years while Nebuchadnezzar’s army killed many Jews in Judah and Jerusalem destroying the whole city of Jerusalem including the first Temple that was built through King Solomon’s reign in Jerusalem.

The second Temple was built under Ezra’s leadership and Israel continued practicing Judaism and their Temple was desecrated (Satan defiles the Temple of God) as part of an effort to impose Greek-oriented culture and customs on the entire population. Roman rule refurbished the temple as Herod, Romans vassal king, rules the land of Israel. In 70 A.D. the Temple is once again destroyed. The Temple Mount was taken over in 691 A.D. as the Arab nation built the Dome of the Rock and there has not been any other Temple of God built since that time on the original Temple Mount. The Dome of the Rock will be handed over to the son of perdition being the false prophet we read about in Rev 13 as the beast out of the earth and cause a great falling away, 2Thessalonians 2:3-5, causing many to bow down to this false prophet and take his mark.

It's not the Temple that will be defiled as there is no longer a Temple of God on the Temple mount and never will be again. Israel lost her right to be called Gods chosen people, (God did save a faithful remnant), as they fell into idolatry worshipping other gods as they allowed themselves to fall from Gods grace as they followed the lust of their own hearts as they practiced Judaism, 1Kings 9:1-9. God’s judgment against them led them to be captured, 605 – 537 B.C., by Nebuchadnezzar into Babylon for seventy years while Nebuchadnezzar’s army killed many Jews in Judah and Jerusalem destroying the whole city of Jerusalem including the first Temple that was built through King Solomon’s reign in Jerusalem.

The second Temple was built under Ezra’s leadership and Israel continued practicing Judaism and their Temple was desecrated (Satan defiles the Temple of God) as part of an effort to impose Greek-oriented culture and customs on the entire population. Roman rule refurbished the temple as Herod, Romans vassal king, rules the land of Israel. In 70 A.D. the Temple is once again destroyed. The Temple Mount was taken over in 691 A.D. as the Arab nation built the Dome of the Rock and there has not been any other Temple of God built since that time on the original Temple Mount. The Dome of the Rock will be handed over to the son of perdition being the false prophet we read about in Rev 13 as the beast out of the earth and cause a great falling away, 2Thessalonians 2:3-5, causing many to bow down to this false prophet and take his mark.
I have seen you post this same thing in four of five places. Jesus clearly states the abomination of desolation happens in End Times, all you have to do is read Matthew 24.

God Bless...

Rondom,

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

God gave Israel 490 years to repent after their 70 year captivity in Babylon when the Medes and Persians conquered Babylon (Chaldeans) around 538 B.C. They were allowed back in the land and to rebuild the city of Jerusalem, however, they still did not repent for their sin of idol worshipping as they continue to follow Judaism and receive punishment from God as the kingdom was taken away and eventually taken over by the Roman Empire. Malachi Chapter 1-4.

The people were allowed back in the land and Israel was again formed; however, the people did receive punishment as the kingdom was taken away. Additionally, for approximately 2500 years, from 586 BC until 1948, the nation was under the authority of a foreign power. Israel never again had a king from the messianic line of David to sit and rule.

Israel was given 490 years to deal with the sin of the nation and prepare for the coming of King Messiah. The prophecy would start with the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem. Messiah, the prince, would come exactly 483 years (69 weeks) after the command was given. Then the Messiah would be cut off or killed for others. After the 69 weeks, Messiah would be killed, and Jerusalem and the temple would once again be destroyed and made desolate. There would be wars and desolations of Jerusalem for an unspecified period of time and then the end would come. This prophecy allows for the exact time for the first coming of Messiah to be determined.

Daniel separated the 70th week, the last seven years, from the previous 69 weeks. The 70th week was specially separated from all the other years. This prophecy gives conclusive proof that only Jesus of Nazareth can be Israel ’s King Messiah, the Savior of mankind.

Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

This was Ezra rebuilding the literal Temple, but also prophetic of the Spiritual Temple making it ready for Messiah to return.

Daniel gives six major events that characterize the 490 years.

1. "To finish the transgression" Israel's rejection of Messiah (Jesus) as Israel is brought to restoration at the time of the second coming.
2. "to put an end to sin" The sins of National Israel will not be forgiven until the deliver comes out of Zion and a new covenant is given to them.
3. "made reconciliation for iniquity" Life, death an Resurrection we are now reconciled through the blood of Christ as the final sacrifice
4. "to bring in everlasting righteousness" This is when the Lord Jesus Christ returns to the earth and set up His kingdom.
5. "seal up the vision and prophecy" This will be the time when all prophecy is fulfilled and the Lord Jesus Christ will be Lord of Lord and King of Kings.
6. "anoint the Most Holy" The Lord Jesus Christ will be anointed when the temple is cleansed at the end of the 2520 days of punishment when He returns.

Leviticus 26 punish 7 times 360 days x 7 = 2520 Biblical time is 360 days makes a year, Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6; Daniel 4:30-32

Daniel 8: 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. (Full 70 weeks which end with the return of Christ)

I have seen you post this same thing in four of five places. Jesus clearly states the abomination of desolation happens in End Times, all you have to do is read Matthew 24.

God Bless...
I know it happens in the end times as the Dome of the Rock is even now being refurbished for the son of perdition being the false prophet to eventually take it over and will cause a great falling away as many bow down to him taking his mark as this is the last abomination that will cause much desolation. Satan has desecrated the Temple Mount since the Temple was destroyed in 70AD and then laid empty until 691 When the Dome of the Rock was built on the Temple Mount. It seems to me you would rather believe a website for what it says without searching the scriptures to see what God has already said.

In the year 609,
as the bishops and clergy in divers cities of the province of (rulatia were making solemn processions,
prcceded by the holy cross,
all at once a great prodigy was beheld.
The crosses reeled to and fro,
and no human force could keep them steady;
an evil feeling seized upon men,
and all felt conscious that a new power of wickedness was coming upon the earth.

The account of this awful sign is given at length in the history of St. Theodore Siceotes,
one of the most illustrious saints of the Greek Church. Annalcs, torn. viii. pp. 203 205.)
At that time the most blessed Saint Thomas was patriarch of Constantinople.
The intelligence which the bishops forwarded to him of the prodigy,
which had been witnessed by vast numbers in so many places,
greatly alarmed the holy father.
In his distress, he wrote to the man of God, St. Theodore Siceotes,
bidding him come to Constantinople, that he might consult him.
The patriarch then asked him, as the king of Babylon had formerly asked Daniel the Prophet to interpret his dream, what this sign meant.
The man of God seemed unwilling to answer the question ;
but on the patriarch conjuring him for the love of God to do so, St. Theodore bursting into a flood of tears, thus addressed him :
"Most holy father, it seemed to me that I ought not too much to grieve you, for it is not well that you should know the meaning of these things ; but since it is commanded by you that I should explain the mystery,
be it known unto you that this movement of the crosses
foretells unto us great and numberless calamities.
Myriads of Christians will shortly abandon our most holy religion ;
on all sides the barbarians will attack the territory of the faithful ;
there will be such bloodshed as hath not been seen before,
with great destruction and seditions all over the earth.
The churches will be abandoned, and the ruin of God's worship and of the empire approacheth.
Know, more- over, that the coming of THE ADVERSARY is at hand."

Shortly after this, the Persians,
having declared war upon the empire,
ravaged it in many of its richest provinces,
took the city of Jerusalem,
and carried away from the famous church of the holy sepulchre the true cross,
which had been enshrined there by the blessed Empress St. Helena.
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Mahometanism_in_its_Relation_to_Prophecy

Rondom,

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

God gave Israel 490 years to repent after their 70 year captivity in Babylon when the Medes and Persians conquered Babylon (Chaldeans) around 538 B.C. They were allowed back in the land and to rebuild the city of Jerusalem, however, they still did not repent for their sin of idol worshipping as they continue to follow Judaism and receive punishment from God as the kingdom was taken away and eventually taken over by the Roman Empire. Malachi Chapter 1-4.

The people were allowed back in the land and Israel was again formed; however, the people did receive punishment as the kingdom was taken away. Additionally, for approximately 2500 years, from 586 BC until 1948, the nation was under the authority of a foreign power. Israel never again had a king from the messianic line of David to sit and rule.

Israel was given 490 years to deal with the sin of the nation and prepare for the coming of King Messiah. The prophecy would start with the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem. Messiah, the prince, would come exactly 483 years (69 weeks) after the command was given. Then the Messiah would be cut off or killed for others. After the 69 weeks, Messiah would be killed, and Jerusalem and the temple would once again be destroyed and made desolate. There would be wars and desolations of Jerusalem for an unspecified period of time and then the end would come. This prophecy allows for the exact time for the first coming of Messiah to be determined.

Daniel separated the 70th week, the last seven years, from the previous 69 weeks. The 70th week was specially separated from all the other years. This prophecy gives conclusive proof that only Jesus of Nazareth can be Israel ’s King Messiah, the Savior of mankind.

Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

This was Ezra rebuilding the literal Temple, but also prophetic of the Spiritual Temple making it ready for Messiah to return.

Daniel gives six major events that characterize the 490 years.

1. "To finish the transgression" Israel's rejection of Messiah (Jesus) as Israel is brought to restoration at the time of the second coming.
2. "to put an end to sin" The sins of National Israel will not be forgiven until the deliver comes out of Zion and a new covenant is given to them.
3. "made reconciliation for iniquity" Life, death an Resurrection we are now reconciled through the blood of Christ as the final sacrifice
4. "to bring in everlasting righteousness" This is when the Lord Jesus Christ returns to the earth and set up His kingdom.
5. "seal up the vision and prophecy" This will be the time when all prophecy is fulfilled and the Lord Jesus Christ will be Lord of Lord and King of Kings.
6. "anoint the Most Holy" The Lord Jesus Christ will be anointed when the temple is cleansed at the end of the 2520 days of punishment when He returns.

Leviticus 26 punish 7 times 360 days x 7 = 2520 Biblical time is 360 days makes a year, Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6; Daniel 4:30-32

Daniel 8: 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. (Full 70 weeks which end with the return of Christ)

Messiah is cut off after 69 weeks, meaning exactly after 69 weeks. Prophecy is my calling, I understand the 70 week prophecy. I do not give a thought on something until the Holy Spirit gives me understanding on things.

Shower or Bath time....Wahoooooooo

God Bless.

GOD DOESN'T BLESS US FOR SINNING.
You are right, God blessed us in spite of sin, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

My brother in the Lord Gene Hawkins gave this following excerpt of a study I transcribed.

“Now God finished the transgression in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ when He died there on the cross. He brought transgression to an end and atoned for the sin of all mankind, and not just Israel.

Likewise "To make an end of sins." The sin question was absolutely settled here and God's government is absolutely, completely, and totally satisfied. We have said again and again that when people go to hell, they do not go to hell for their sins. Those were already taken care of at Calvary and God is satisfied with that. The reason men go to hell is because they reject Christ's offering for sin, and when they do that they're going to bear the penalty themselves.”

Dear brother, I’ll take this discussion no further, and thank you for your time.

Messiah is cut off after 69 weeks, meaning exactly after 69 weeks. Prophecy is my calling, I understand the 70 week prophecy. I do not give a thought on something until the Holy Spirit gives me understanding on things.

Shower or Bath time....Wahoooooooo

God Bless.
I don't believe prophecy is any ones particular calling as many are called to teach the Gospels as I have and to me prophecy is my passion when it comes to understanding Revelations as I have been studying Revelations for over 40 years now, with an even more intense study this past year as I am reading it word by word, verse by verse, chapter by chapter and comparing OT with NT scripture references as the Holy Spirit continues to reveal all of it to me. It actually drives my husband crazy at times because I put so many hours a day in studying.

BTW, I would go for the shower :bath:biggrin

There is a difference between "the Lord's Day" and "the day of the Lord". The Lords Day is only referenced as the Sabbath and the day of the Lord is referenced to the time of Gods great wrath being poured out on those who refuse to repent and then the timing of Christ return. John was in the Spirit on the Lord's day as in still being in his body, but yet engulfed with the Spirit of God that spoke to him and told him to write those things down that he would be shown. It was much like Moses when God spoke to him on the mountain as Moses was still in his own body, but yet present with God.

I will post this again if you might have missed it.

The day of the Lord is a day of Gods great wrath being poured out on those who refuse to repent. It is always pointed out as the day at hand meaning in Gods timing. The phrase “the day of the Lord” is used nineteen times in the Old Testament (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31; 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 15; Zephaniah 1:7,14; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi. 4:5) and five times in the New Testament (Acts 2:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Peter 3:10). It is also alluded to in other passages (Revelation 6:17; 16:14).

The Lord's day only appears once in scripture in Rev 1:10. It gives no reference to what day of the week it was as every day is the Lord's day, but more specific refers to the Sabbath day in Mark 16:9; Acts 2:42; 20:7; 1Corinthians 16:1,2 . John was in the Spirit, but yet in his physical body when he received from the angel all these revelations that he wrote down. Throughout scripture the Lord's day is usually referred to as the Sabbath being the seventh day of the week, Genesis 2:1-3.

I beg to differ,the Day of the Lord,is the Lords Day....

Sooooo let's get technical.the start of the millennium is the Lords Day,and technically you can call it the Sabbath,meaning rest ,that Day will be 1000 years,as were the previous days of the week,1000 years each...Six days has man been on this earth,the 7th is coming,which is the Day John was at,again,not some day of the week....

If it was as you say,John would have ,I was in the spirit on the sabbath.....

Look at the below verse

Revelation 1:19 "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;"

The things seen,did they happen that Saturday?
The things which shall be,did they happen on the rest of the week,beginning Monday?

What you and most suggest ,ie,John being on a Sunday don't make sense,and it's not right,biblically speaking

I don't believe prophecy is any ones particular calling as many are called to teach the Gospels as I have and to me prophecy is my passion when it comes to understanding Revelations as I have been studying Revelations for over 40 years now, with an even more intense study this past year as I am reading it word by word, verse by verse, chapter by chapter and comparing OT with NT scripture references as the Holy Spirit continues to reveal all of it to me. It actually drives my husband crazy at times because I put so many hours a day in studying.

BTW, I would go for the shower :bath:biggrin
Well since Gd gave me a vision in 1986, and told me in the vision, where I was running with 2 small kids from an evil something or something, and as I hid behind a bush, God or His Angel spoke very loudly to me, saying, "The Man of Sin is Here" so since God revealed to me that the Anti-Christ was in the world, I figured He had a reason for telling me this. God did say in the last days young men will see dreams and old men will see visions. I saw a vision of Jimmy Swaggert a few months later, he was in a huge auditorium, preaching to maybe 10 people, withing a week or two, he fell from Grace.

So, this is something God really laid on my heart to seek the truth of.

God bless......I did the ultra hot shower......Steam it up. LOL.

Does Jesus rule today? Is He king? does He have a Kingdom?

Yes
Yes
No

Revelation 11:15 "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of Our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

No meaning,if He did it would'nt have to become His

Yes
Yes
No

Revelation 11:15 "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of Our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

No meaning,if He did it would'nt have to become His
Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The Kingdoms of this world is Satan's, just as Peter said, "the god of this world, whom has blinded their minds" (paraphrasing). and Satan himself said in Luke, if you will bow down and serve me, all these kingdoms will I give you, for this is given unto me to do as a will with them." (paraphrasing). So the King of Kings and Lord of Lords has to take this kingdom by force, at a future time.

So yes, Jesus rules, in that he sits on a throne, and is King and Lord of all that calls upon his name. But he is not king of the world, YET.

Amen, God bless the Saints.

I beg to differ,the Day of the Lord,is the Lords Day....
On the contrary, throughout the Bible "the day of the Lord" refers to the coming of God for the final judgement. That is most likely what John would have used if that is what he meant. That the early church used "the Lord's day" to refer to Sunday shows that that is most likely what John meant. They wouldn't have used that phrase if John meant it as "the day of the Lord."

Sooooo let's get technical.the start of the millennium is the Lords Day,and technically you can call it the Sabbath,meaning rest ,that Day will be 1000 years,as were the previous days of the week,1000 years each...Six days has man been on this earth,the 7th is coming,which is the Day John was at,again,not some day of the week....
The day of the Lord, the second coming of Christ, marks the end of the millennium. Read 1 Cor. 15. And on what basis are you making each day 1000 years? Are these literal 1000 years?

If it was as you say,John would have ,I was in the spirit on the sabbath.....
No, since the sabbath was the day before. John would have said what he did or said "on the first day of the week."

Look at the below verse

The things seen,did they happen that Saturday?
The things which shall be,did they happen on the rest of the week,beginning Monday?

What you and most suggest ,ie,John being on a Sunday don't make sense,and it's not right,biblically speaking
You make it make no sense--Saturday and Monday have absolutely nothing to do with it. Sunday best fits with John's use of "the Lord's day."

Back