Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Pre-trib Rapture is not scriptural

Who do you know that is a preterist ?

There were many on this site until you declared Preterism is Heresy.

Until I joined this site, I had never heard of Preterism.

Unfortunately I can still see the affects of this heretical doctrine in the post's of some of those still here, and how it blinds them to the truth of God's word.

Do you know anyone that believe's what Scofield teaches?

JLB

YES ! many
One of my brothers and my sister... my mom not so much now.. Most the Baptist from the town i lived in a few years ago.. many here on this site.. The guy who pastored the AofG church in the same town..

Ok, please show where the kingdom of God is on earth so we can go there.

The kingdom is within us, and is invisible, not being of this world.
I asked for scriptural proof. Repeating something doesn't make it true.

...nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.” Luke 17:21
Ha ha. Missed this post, sorry.

I strongly suggest you note the context of this verse--precisely who it is to whom Jesus is speaking--and you will see why the better translation is "the kingdom of God is among you," as the ESV states. It simply cannot be "within".

You say the above Jesus said this

Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Hi reba. Yeah, I think it's one of those areas of overlap. Satan is referred to as the "prince of this world" and Jesus didn't argue when Satan took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the Earth, promising to give him authority over them.

For now, Satan is allowed to have at least some amount of authority over the nations of the earth in the form of influence. I don't think think contradicts the idea of Jesus being the real authority.

This is exactly the language that Paul used here. He was saying that when Jesus comes back in conquering power, believers, both dead and alive, will be caught up in the air to meet Him, not to stay up there, but to join His return in triumph, to participate in His exaltation.

Hey william. That's pretty close to my understanding, too. I think, after the Great Tribulation, the rapture happens, the saints are "taken up" to meet Jesus in the air (along with the "new Jerusalem" which comes down out of Heaven), we have the marriage supper of the lamb while the vials of God's wrath are being "poured out" on a rebellious world below, culminating in the 7th vial (the battle of armageddon) at which point we ride out with Jesus (on the white horse) against all the armies of the Earth gathered together to fight against God.

Why would Jesus argue with satan... Jesus knew/knows who He was/is

Sure, just saying there is evidence that there is some overlap when it comes to authority. Jesus has all authority, meaning he's the ultimate boss (authority given to him by God), while Satan also has some authority, but it's only in the sense that he's allowed to influence, and succeed in that manipulation, to some degree.

Ha ha. Missed this post, sorry.

I strongly suggest you note the context of this verse--precisely who it is to whom Jesus is speaking--and you will see why the better translation is "the kingdom of God is among you," as the ESV states. It simply cannot be "within".

You should tell Jesus because I don't think He got your memo.

For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

JLB

Jesus didn't argue when Satan took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the Earth, promising to give him authority over them.
But you have to remember, this is pre-resurrection. His death and resurrection change everything.

God's kingdom will one day be fully established on the earth, without a doubt, but we can see from Scripture that it has been inaugurated, it has begun. In the meantime we are to be about kingdom business, doing the things God wants us to do to spread his kingdom, to help it grow until that time Christ returns to bring it to completion.

Hi Free. I don't think this is different to what I shared. Am I missing something?

You should tell Jesus because I don't think He got your memo.

For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

JLB
Lol! Are you serious? You argue to a translational issue and ignore the context? You know better than that.

Lol! Are you serious? You argue to a translational issue and ignore the context? You know better than that.

There is no translational issue to me.

nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.” Luke 17:21

I think you missed the third party context.

I will highlight it for you.

...nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21 KJV

neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21 ASV

nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within you.' YLT

JLB

There is no translational issue to me.

nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.” Luke 17:21

I think you missed the third party context.

I will highlight it for you.

...nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21 KJV

neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21 ASV

nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within you.' YLT

JLB
Like I said, it's a translational issue--the ESV, NASB, HCSB, NRSV, and NIV all say "among you." And why do think that is? Because Jesus is very clearly talking to the Pharisees. Do you really think that Jesus would tell the Pharisees that the kingdom of God was within them? Does that make any sense at all given everything else Jesus says about them?

The "they," the "third party context" as you call it, is irrelevant to the "you" to whom Jesus is speaking. Men belong in kingdoms, not the other way around.

Like I said, it's a translational issue--the ESV, NASB, HCSB, NRSV, and NIV all say "among you." And why do think that is? Because Jesus is very clearly talking to the Pharisees. Do you really think that Jesus would tell the Pharisees that the kingdom of God was within them? Does that make any sense at all given everything else Jesus says about them?

The "they," the "third party context" as you call it, is irrelevant to the "you" to whom Jesus is speaking. Men belong in kingdoms, not the other way around.

"They" is the context of whom the kingdom of God is within.

The inferior corrupt versions you referenced are mistranslations.

JLB

There were many on this site until you declared Preterism is Heresy.

Until I joined this site, I had never heard of Preterism.

Unfortunately I can still see the affects of this heretical doctrine in the post's of some of those still here, and how it blinds them to the truth of God's word.

Do you know anyone that believe's what Scofield teaches?

JLB
Many? Stormcrow and a woman...Leigh something.. is 2

Back