Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Pre-trib Rapture is not scriptural

Jesus Himself says hour not 1000 years..

An hour will come=>an appointed time planned by God. The same God that gave Rev.

It is also written:
Jesus=>It is I, Jesus, who sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

Rev does not take away from the Lords teaching about the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous. It focus's on that event.

Then I saw thrones, and those seated on them were given authority to judge. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus[a]and for the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. Over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him a thousand years.

During the 1000 years period:
Jesus=>To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations27that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’b —just as I have received authority from my Father.28I will also give that one the morning star.29Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Jesus will remain in heaven until His enemies are made a footstool for His feet. Thats the Fathers will. Just as its the Fathers will for Jesus to raise up those in Christ on the last day. (from the ends of the heavens)

Psalm 110:
The Lord says to my lord,
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies your footstool.”

You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
for you were slaughtered and by your blood you ransomed for God
saints from[b] every tribe and language and people and nation;
10 you have made them to be a kingdom and priests serving[c] our God,
and they will reign on earth.”

This is still true:
and put everything under their feet." In putting everything under them, God left nothing that is not subject to them. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them.

Rev 16:15 Jesus coming to deal with His enemies. At the end of the beasts reign. The one who had the two witnesses killed. For the beast was only given 42 months as those days will be cut short for the sake of the elect.

Rev 16:15:
"Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed."

Those who are waiting for Jesus won't be surprised because of testimony in Rev they will understand what is taking place in those days. Those that thought the testimony was a lie will be surprised/shocked.

Randy

• I don't believe it will be a 1000 years before Jesus cast Satan into the lake of fire.
  • Jesus Himself says hour not 1000 years.
  • There is no scripture in the Bible that says Jesus is going to reign here on earth for 1000 years with we His saints after the angle is sent to bind Satan
  • I hold this fact as there is no scripture that says Jesus will reign here on earth for 1000 years after Satan is bound
  • I was showing that there is no 1000 year reign of Christ here on earth and that Satan is not bound for 1000 years.
  • I replied that 1000 years are not literal, but only that of Gods timing not being the same as our timing
  • Jesus reigns with those souls in heaven for a 1000 years and not here on earth for a 1000 years after Satan is bound.
  • The 1000 years in Rev 20:3 is that future fulfillment of Rev 6:11 that will come in the end of days as Satan will then be loosed for a very short time before being cast into the lake of fire.
edited reba

Last edited by a moderator:
They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

They did not come to life as this is what it says:
Rev 20:4 and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

They reigned with Christ in heaven, not here on earth as the first resurrection has not come yet. We have to be careful of the wording and not add to it.

• I don't believe it will be a 1000 years before Jesus cast Satan into the lake of fire.
  • There is no scripture in the Bible that says Jesus is going to reign here on earth for 1000 years with we His saints after the angle is sent to bind Satan
  • I hold this fact as there is no scripture that says Jesus will reign here on earth for 1000 years after Satan is bound
  • I was showing that there is no 1000 year reign of Christ here on earth and that Satan is not bound for 1000 years.
  • I replied that 1000 years are not literal, but only that of Gods timing not being the same as our timing
  • Jesus reigns with those souls in heaven for a 1000 years and not here on earth for a 1000 years after Satan is bound.
  • The 1000 years in Rev 20:3 is that future fulfillment of Rev 6:11 that will come in the end of days as Satan will then be loosed for a very short time before being cast into the lake of fire.
These post sounds like a form of satanic propaganda "derogatory information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular cause or point of view."

Little Lies mixed in with truths to brainwash.

Sorry, but if you would have taken the time to go back and read those post I gave and the scriptures given you would see there is nothing of a satanic propaganda in them. It's only those who do not read them word for word that are mislead from what comes out of many pulpit teachings. It's not my point of view, but the very words of Christ. You are free to disagree with the scriptures if you want, but I take them very seriously word for word.

edited reba
edited reba
edited reba
Well you don't believe-Ok
When the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison......

Well since my post are getting deleted/edited out because the moderators cant handle the truth then this will be my last post.

Moderator Post by: Free, Jun 15, 2016 in forum: End Times
...We have previously given sound reasoning as to why the 1000 years are most likely not literal. As to Jesus's return and the resurrection, read 1 Cor. 15 and see that it signals the end and is immediately prior to the judgment.
http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...-is-not-scriptural.64053/page-49#post-1211853

because JLB said:
Jesus Christ will literally come from Heaven to Earth, with His saints and literally destroy the wicked.
There will be a literal resurrection of the dead in Christ.
Those who were literally beheaded for their witness to Christ and the word of God, will sit on literal thrones and reign with the literal Christ for 1000 literal years, which is known as the Day of Rest.

1000 literal years, in which we all will rest with Him on the Seventh [prophetic] Day.

in response to
Jim Parker said: ↑

So you have lifted the words: "1000 years," out of that highly symbolic, apocalyptic passage and assigned a totally literal meaning to it. That's like saying the statement, "That guy drives as slow as a snail." means that snails actually drive cars.
JLB said:Just point out which of the bullet point statements that I made which you feel is not biblical, and we will discuss them.

Jesus Christ will literally come from Heaven to Earth, with His saints and literally destroy the wicked.
Those who were literally beheaded for their witness to Christ and the word of God, will sit on literal thrones and reign with the literal Christ for 1000 literal years, which is known as the Day of Rest.
Jim Parker said:
This is why I spend very little time in Revelation. It's too open to interpretation and to exploitation by charlatans who want to use the imprecise language of apocalyptic literature to astound and amaze rubes with their "deep knowledge."
What you believe is not necessarily what was meant by the scriptures on which you base your personal beliefs.
************************************************************************************************

Moderator hops in and says
Free, Jun 16, 2016

Most of the language in Rev. isn't clear, not to mention that it is part of a larger whole which we must consider as context. Notice how you have appealed to things outside of Rev. to make a point about what you think Rev. is saying? We simply cannot interpret Rev. apart from what the rest of Scripture states.

As was stated, it's a confusing book and difficult to interpret, hence the numerous differing interpretations.

Randy said: ↑

Because of the clear language in Rev 11... I

Jim Parker, Jun 16, 2016
I'll stop right there because those words are a very strong indication suggesting that you have no idea how to approach apocalyptic literature.
How is this a conversation about the Book of Revelation if the majority here dispices it?
How is this a conversation about the Book of Revelation if the majority here dispices it?
de·spis·es. 1. To regard with contempt or scorn 2. To dislike intensely

More Negative Revelation Garbage
Revelation is entirely allegorical, symbolic, parable. Understanding these are a personal passion for me, but it has not resulted in conjuring up fanciful stories to sell to the masses.

smaller, Jun 20, 2016
When Christ returns in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, 1Corinthans 15 ;51,52, for we know not Gods timing, he then destroys the beast, false prophet and Satan casting them into the lake of fire and then those whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of life are are also cast into the lake of fire. I don't believe in a literal 1000 year reign of Christ where Satan is literally bound for a 1000 years, but can only keep it withing Gods timing. I truly believe everything from the sounding of the seventh trumpet to the opening of the books will come quickly, possibly in a course of 3 1/2 years.

for_his_glory, Jun 26, 2016
http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...-is-not-scriptural.64053/page-63#post-1215689

Who told you the 1000 years clearly stated in scripture is not to be taken as trustworthy and true? Find out as that is who or the teaching you follow.
Randy, Jun 30, 2016

My understanding comes straight from scripture as no one has ever taught me that of what I write other than what the Holy Spirit reveals to me

I don't believe it will be a 1000 years before Jesus cast Satan into the lake of fire, but only that of Gods timing that is not the same as our timing of hours, days and years. Why would Jesus make us wait another 1000 years to cast Satan into the lake of fire after consuming Satan's army with fire
for_his_glory, Jun 30, 2016

I would state you are mistaken on the 1000 years as I read in rev 20.
Randy, Jun 30, 2016

Whether the 1000 years is literal or not, which in any case is not so much prevalent, I can only draw my conclusion on that it is not a literal number, but a metaphorical numbering as in these scriptures,
Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecclesiastes 6:6; 7:28, Daniel 5:1, 7:10; 2Peter 3:8
for_his_glory,

I'm just saying that I do not know if the 1000 years is literal or not as I have only compared those scriptures that speak of the number 1000 with this 100 in Rev 20. It's only one of those IMO thing that is not fact based to me as of yet.
for_his_glory,

reba, Monday at 10:22 AM

There is no scripture in the Bible that says Jesus is going to reign here on earth for 1000 years with we His saints after the angle is sent to bind Satan.
for_his_glory, Monday at 5:14 PM

Time to stop the Lies!

Well since my post are getting deleted/edited out because the moderators cant handle the truth then this will be my last post.

...We have previously given sound reasoning as to why the 1000 years are most likely not literal. As to Jesus's return and the resurrection, read 1 Cor. 15 and see that it signals the end and is immediately prior to the judgment.
http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...-is-not-scriptural.64053/page-49#post-1211853

because JLB said:

1000 literal years, in which we all will rest with Him on the Seventh [prophetic] Day.

in response to

So you have lifted the words: "1000 years," out of that highly symbolic, apocalyptic passage and assigned a totally literal meaning to it. That's like saying the statement, "That guy drives as slow as a snail." means that snails actually drive cars.
JLB said:Just point out which of the bullet point statements that I made which you feel is not biblical, and we will discuss them.

Jim Parker said:
This is why I spend very little time in Revelation. It's too open to interpretation and to exploitation by charlatans who want to use the imprecise language of apocalyptic literature to astound and amaze rubes with their "deep knowledge."
What you believe is not necessarily what was meant by the scriptures on which you base your personal beliefs.
************************************************************************************************

Free, Jun 16, 2016

Most of the language in Rev. isn't clear, not to mention that it is part of a larger whole which we must consider as context. Notice how you have appealed to things outside of Rev. to make a point about what you think Rev. is saying? We simply cannot interpret Rev. apart from what the rest of Scripture states.

As was stated, it's a confusing book and difficult to interpret, hence the numerous differing interpretations.

Jim Parker, Jun 16, 2016
I'll stop right there because those words are a very strong indication suggesting that you have no idea how to approach apocalyptic literature.

Revelation is entirely allegorical, symbolic, parable. Understanding these are a personal passion for me, but it has not resulted in conjuring up fanciful stories to sell to the masses.

smaller, Jun 20, 2016
When Christ returns in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, 1Corinthans 15 ;51,52, for we know not Gods timing, he then destroys the beast, false prophet and Satan casting them into the lake of fire and then those whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of life are are also cast into the lake of fire. I don't believe in a literal 1000 year reign of Christ where Satan is literally bound for a 1000 years, but can only keep it withing Gods timing. I truly believe everything from the sounding of the seventh trumpet to the opening of the books will come quickly, possibly in a course of 3 1/2 years.

http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...-is-not-scriptural.64053/page-63#post-1215689

Who told you the 1000 years clearly stated in scripture is not to be taken as trustworthy and true? Find out as that is who or the teaching you follow.
Randy, Jun 30, 2016

My understanding comes straight from scripture as no one has ever taught me that of what I write other than what the Holy Spirit reveals to me

I don't believe it will be a 1000 years before Jesus cast Satan into the lake of fire, but only that of Gods timing that is not the same as our timing of hours, days and years. Why would Jesus make us wait another 1000 years to cast Satan into the lake of fire after consuming Satan's army with fire

Randy, Jun 30, 2016

Whether the 1000 years is literal or not, which in any case is not so much prevalent, I can only draw my conclusion on that it is not a literal number, but a metaphorical numbering as in these scriptures,
Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecclesiastes 6:6; 7:28, Daniel 5:1, 7:10; 2Peter 3:8
for_his_glory,

I'm just saying that I do not know if the 1000 years is literal or not as I have only compared those scriptures that speak of the number 1000 with this 100 in Rev 20. It's only one of those IMO thing that is not fact based to me as of yet.
for_his_glory,

There is no scripture in the Bible that says Jesus is going to reign here on earth for 1000 years with we His saints after the angle is sent to bind Satan.

Time to stop the Lies!

Mark, In all fairness to what you believe can you give me even one scripture that reads Jesus will reign here on earth for a thousand years? Maybe I am missing something.

because JLB said:

in response to

Jim Parker said:

Free, Jun 16, 2016

Jim Parker, Jun 16, 2016

smaller, Jun 20, 2016

Randy, Jun 30, 2016

Randy, Jun 30, 2016

for_his_glory,

for_his_glory,

Time to stop the Lies!
What is the point of this post? Do you have anything to add to the discussion?

They did not come to life as this is what it says:
Rev 20:4 and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

They reigned with Christ in heaven, not here on earth as the first resurrection has not come yet. We have to be careful of the wording and not add to it.

There is a single resurrection taught of all the righteous on the last day. (2nd coming of Jesus) Daniel, Abraham, Issac, Jacob and multitudes more and all those who are in Christ. There is a resurrection of others to everlasting contempt. Hence a gathering of the unrighteous for final judgment. Its clear to me the 1st res is the righteous and the 2nd death has no power over them. The 2nd res. is the final judgment for those who died in their sin.

Now the false prophet and the beast are thrown into the lake of fire at the start of the 1000 years but not satan.

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

This was well understood. A bodily resurrection of the righteous on the last day. And Rev 20 states "resurrection".
Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
Jesus=>“Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

So there is a 1000 period when satan won't be deceiving the nations anymore. And then satan is released for a short period to gather the nations (not christians) to attack Gods people.

The beast and false prophet are already in the lake of fire. Destroyed by a coming of Jesus and His armies. Rev 16:15
When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Lords feet will touch this earth (mount of olives as is written in Acts 1:11-12 and Zech 14:4) The dead in Christ rise first coming back with the Lord on the last day and those left alive on earth on that day are caught up to meet Jesus and get new bodies as flesh and blood can't inherit the eternal kingdom of God on earth that God first promised Abraham. In does not state anywhere that Jesus will remain in heaven. It states the saints will be with the Lord forever. Sit at my right hand "until" I make your enemies a footstool for your feet which Jesus will do at His 2nd coming.

Randy

There is a single resurrection taught of all the righteous on the last day. (2nd coming of Jesus) Daniel, Abraham, Issac, Jacob and multitudes more and all those who are in Christ. There is a resurrection of others to everlasting contempt. Hence a gathering of the unrighteous for final judgment. Its clear to me the 1st res is the righteous and the 2nd death has no power over them. The 2nd res. is the final judgment for those who died in their sin.

Now the false prophet and the beast are thrown into the lake of fire at the start of the 1000 years but not satan.

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

This was well understood. A bodily resurrection of the righteous on the last day. And Rev 20 states "resurrection".
Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
Jesus=>“Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

So there is a 1000 period when satan won't be deceiving the nations anymore. And then satan is released for a short period to gather the nations (not christians) to attack Gods people.

The beast and false prophet are already in the lake of fire. Destroyed by a coming of Jesus and His armies. Rev 16:15
When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Lords feet will touch this earth (mount of olives as is written in Acts 1:11-12 and Zech 14:4) The dead in Christ rise first coming back with the Lord on the last day and those left alive on earth on that day are caught up to meet Jesus and get new bodies as flesh and blood can't inherit the eternal kingdom of God on earth that God first promised Abraham. In does not state anywhere that Jesus will remain in heaven. It states the saints will be with the Lord forever. Sit at my right hand "until" I make your enemies a footstool for your feet which Jesus will do at His 2nd coming.

Randy

You have all that correct except where Christ will reign for 1000 years here on earth as Satan will be bound for that period of time. I took a hard prayerful look at what I said about Jesus reigning in heaven for 1000 years with those who were beheaded for the sake of Christ before He returns and I was wrong about that as I forgot this was only a vision John was seeing.

Rev 6:9-11; Rev 20:4 were only visions John was being shown and not something that was literal as John 3:13 says no one other than Christ has ever ascended up to heaven. The only thing that goes back to God when this physical body dies is the very spirit/breath that God breathed in us, Genesis 22:7; Ecc 12:7. The soul which makes up the conscious part of ones being is that of thought, action and emotion. Without the spirit/breath from God our soul would not be alive as spirit and soul are connected. When we physically die our soul also dies as the breath goes back to God who gave it.

What we read about what must be fulfilled first in Rev 6:11 is that of all of those saints of God that will also be beheaded/killed for their witness and testimony of Christ as they refuse to take the mark of the beast. They will join all those before them that are asleep in the grave who wait until the coming of the Lord on the last day, John 6:40. The last day comes as we read in Rev Chapter 19 that the marriage supper of the Lamb will have come as first Jesus comes back with His army of angels and destroys the beast and fasle prophet casting them into the lake of fire and then sends an angel to bind Satan for a 1000 years so he can no longer deceive the nations.

During this time of Satan being bound for 1000 years comes the fulfillment of Rev 6:11 as all the saints that lay asleep in the grave will be part of the first resurrection as they are made alive once again to join those who are still alive at Christ coming and all of us will be changed in a twinkling of an eye and given new glorified bodies to be with the Lord forever, 1Corinthians 15:51-58; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18. We will not be hurt by the second death, being that of those who have died spiritually and physically throughout the ages including all of those in the last day that become Satan's army after he is released for a time to gather those from every nation that have rejected Christ to battle the saints of God as they surround the camp of saints, but God destroys them with fire from heaven sending them to their grave as then Satan is cast into the lake of fire followed by all who will stand in Gods Great White Throne judgment and are not found written in the Book of Life and then cast into the lake of fire and remembered no more.

Saying all of this how can it be a literal 1000 years when all of this is to take place on the last day, John 6:40, when Christ returns and makes an end to all abominations or in other words makes an end to all sin here on earth.

You have all that correct except where Christ will reign for 1000 years here on earth as Satan will be bound for that period of time. I took a hard prayerful look at what I said about Jesus reigning in heaven for 1000 years with those who were beheaded for the sake of Christ before He returns and I was wrong about that as I forgot this was only a vision John was seeing.
snip snip snip

Ok I edited your reply for accuracy.
Now it reads:
"You have all that correct"

(smile)

Psalm 110
The Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand "until" I make your enemies your footstool.
Thats condition "until" is met at the 2nd coming and the resurrection of us all. The same day. Zech 14:6
The great battle of God Almighty :Rev 16:15; Daniel 12; 2thess 2

On that day satan is locked up for 1000 years but the false prophet and the beast or angel that came out of the abyss are thrown into the lake of fire.

Randy

Admin here...

remember guys different views of eschatology are not sinful ... most here have some form of scripture backing.. even though we dont all 'see' them the same...

Please keep this in mind as you post...
2.4:. . . Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

snip snip snip

Ok I edited your reply for accuracy.
Now it reads:
"You have all that correct"

(smile)

Psalm 110
The Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand "until" I make your enemies your footstool.
Thats condition "until" is met at the 2nd coming and the resurrection of us all. The same day. Zech 14:6
The great battle of God Almighty :Rev 16:15; Daniel 12; 2thess 2

On that day satan is locked up for 1000 years but the false prophet and the beast or angel that came out of the abyss are thrown into the lake of fire.

Randy
Like I said, the only thing I do not agree with is it being a literal 1000 years as per John 6:40, Rev 22:12 Jesus returns quickly on the last day and all the events that happen between Rev Chapter 19 - 20 are all done quickly on the last day when Christ returns. How does the last day end up being 1000 years. 1000 years is no different then all the other scriptures that say "hour" or "thousand". It is only a figure of timing like that of Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalms 50:10; Daniel 7:10; Luke 12:40; John 12:23; 2Peter 3:8; Rev 3:10.

Like I said, the only thing I do not agree with is it being a literal 1000 years as per John 6:40, Rev 22:12 Jesus returns quickly on the last day and all the events that happen between Rev Chapter 19 - 20 are all done quickly on the last day when Christ returns. How does the last day end up being 1000 years. 1000 years is no different then all the other scriptures that say "hour" or "thousand". It is only a figure of timing like that of Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalms 50:10; Daniel 7:10; Luke 12:40; John 12:23; 2Peter 3:8; Rev 3:10.
There is no time in heaven, so it is believed by many that the creation in the beginning (Gen. 1), is a model for the fullness of time on the earth. Many believe we are living in the last days now, and they are correct. In fact, Christ and His disciple's also lived in the last days, and today, we still are. We have been in the last days (plural) for nearly 2000 years (Heb. 1:1-2). But there will be another day known as the last day (singular), which will last 1000 years, also known as the millennium, when Christ returns with His saints to rule on the earth for a thousand years. This last day represents the 7th day, or the day the Lord rested from all He had created. This last day also represents the Sabbath rest, and there are three (3) scriptures that support this belief (Psalm 90:4, 2 Pet. 3:8, Rev. 20:4). So, there still remains the last day, which is the coming Sabbath Rest (Heb. 4:9).

Last edited:
There is no time in heaven, so it is believed by many that the creation in the beginning (Gen. 1), is a model for the fullness of time on the earth. Many believe we are living in the last days now, and they are correct. In fact, Christ and His disciple's also lived in the last days, and today, we still are. We have been in the last days (plural) for nearly 2000 years (Heb. 1:1). But there will be another day known as the last day (singular), which will last 1000 years, also known as the millennium, when Christ returns with His saints to rule on the earth for a thousand years. This last day represents the 7th day, or the day the Lord rested from all He had created. This last day also represents the Sabbath rest, and there are three (3) scriptures that support this belief (Psalm 90:4, 2 Pet. 3:8, Rev. 20:4). So, there still remains the last day, which is the coming Sabbath Rest (Heb. 4:9).

Hi rollinTHUNDER and welcome to CF.
I can agree with the last day being our final day of rest as we will then be with the Lord forever as God will have made His enemies Christ's footstool, Psalms 110:1-7; Acts 2:33-35. Upon the return of Christ He will make an end to all abominations that cause desolation starting with the beast and false prophet casting them alive into the lake of fire and then slaying the remnant which are the ruling powers (kings) over the nations, Rev 19:20,21. Satan is then bound for a time so he can no longer deceive the nations until the fulfillment of 1Thessalonians 4:13-18 as all who are in the grave will hear the voice of Jesus to rise from their graves as some will be resurrected to eternal life with the Father and others resurrected to damnation, John 5:28,29. Satan will be loosed for a time to gather all those from every nation that are still alive that have rejected Christ as they go out to fight against the saints, but God sends fire down to destroy them, Rev 20:7-9.

Satan is then cast into the lake of fire, Rev 20:10, and those who have resurrected unto damnation go before Christ at Gods Great White Throne judgment as then death and hell are cast into the lake of fire being the second death, which means there will be no more death or need for a grave anymore. Those who have resurrected to damnation are judged as their names are not found written in the book of life and then cast into the lake of fire, Rev 20:11-15. God then makes all things new like it was on the day He created the earth and we are with Him in the new Jerusalem.

I believe everything from Rev 19-20 will happen quickly as I have shown in scripture where an hour/1000 years is not literal in this case. The last day, John 6:40, is a Sabbath day rest as Jesus ends all things quickly upon His return as I really do not believe it will take Christ 1000 years to finish everything between Rev Chapters 19 and 20.

Hi rollinTHUNDER and welcome to CF.
I can agree with the last day being our final day of rest as we will then be with the Lord forever as God will have made His enemies Christ's footstool, Psalms 110:1-7; Acts 2:33-35. Upon the return of Christ He will make an end to all abominations that cause desolation starting with the beast and false prophet casting them alive into the lake of fire and then slaying the remnant which are the ruling powers (kings) over the nations, Rev 19:20,21. Satan is then bound for a time so he can no longer deceive the nations until the fulfillment of 1Thessalonians 4:13-18 as all who are in the grave will hear the voice of Jesus to rise from their graves as some will be resurrected to eternal life with the Father and others resurrected to damnation, John 5:28,29. Satan will be loosed for a time to gather all those from every nation that are still alive that have rejected Christ as they go out to fight against the saints, but God sends fire down to destroy them, Rev 20:7-9.

Satan is then cast into the lake of fire, Rev 20:10, and those who have resurrected unto damnation go before Christ at Gods Great White Throne judgment as then death and hell are cast into the lake of fire being the second death, which means there will be no more death or need for a grave anymore. Those who have resurrected to damnation are judged as their names are not found written in the book of life and then cast into the lake of fire, Rev 20:11-15. God then makes all things new like it was on the day He created the earth and we are with Him in the new Jerusalem.

I believe everything from Rev 19-20 will happen quickly as I have shown in scripture where an hour/1000 years is not literal in this case. The last day, John 6:40, is a Sabbath day rest as Jesus ends all things quickly upon His return as I really do not believe it will take Christ 1000 years to finish everything between Rev Chapters 19 and 20.
Ah, so I take it literally and you do not. I'll post a thread on this topic soon, and we can discuss it more then. Thanks for the warm welcome, and nice chatting with you.

Ref:Rev 3:10
I believe a similar promise was made to King Josiah. How was that fulfilled?
Ref:Luke 12:40 =>Rev 16:15
Like a big surprise/shock for the unbelievers. Unfortunately in those days those who have willfully received the mark of the beast and worshipped his name have earned the 2nd death. Hence the powerful last testimony/warning before the great tribulation. A sign that can't be mistaken.=> Rev 11 (1260 days of testimony and taken up to heaven in full view of the whole world) As a loving God warns and warns upfront.
Randy

Ref:Rev 3:10
I believe a similar promise was made to King Josiah. How was that fulfilled?
Ref:Luke 12:40 =>Rev 16:15
Like a big surprise/shock for the unbelievers. Unfortunately in those days those who have willfully received the mark of the beast and worshipped his name have earned the 2nd death. Hence the powerful last testimony/warning before the great tribulation. A sign that can't be mistaken.=> Rev 11 (1260 days of testimony and taken up to heaven in full view of the whole world) As a loving God warns and warns upfront.
Randy

Yes, those verses speak of us being ready for the return of Christ as no one knows when He will return, Matthew 24:36, other than scripture saying it will be the last final day of this present earth, John 6:40. It should not be a shock to us as Jesus already taught us He will return for His Church someday and all will see Him descending down to earth, Acts 1:11. Jesus will keep us from the final hour of temptation when the synagogue of Satan will be set up during the seventh trumpet, Rev 13.

The son of perdition being the false prophet will show great signs and wonders and promise peace and safety from what will be the wrath of God falling on those who refuse to repent as many will be deceived, even the very elect if possible, Matthew 24:24, and cause a great falling away from Gods truth, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12; Hebrews 6:4-6. Many will be deceived and take the mark of the beast bowing down and worshipping him as they will seal their fate being that of the second death. Everyone alive at Christ coming will see Him as when He returns He cast the beast and false prophet into the lake of fire, binds Satan and all those in the grave will hear His voice to rise up as some will resurrect to eternal life and others to damnation, John 5:28.

Yes, those verses speak of us being ready for the return of Christ as no one knows when He will return, Matthew 24:36, other than scripture saying it will be the last final day of this present earth, John 6:40. It should not be a shock to us as Jesus already taught us He will return for His Church someday and all will see Him descending down to earth, Acts 1:11. Jesus will keep us from the final hour of temptation when the synagogue of Satan will be set up during the seventh trumpet, Rev 13.

The son of perdition being the false prophet will show great signs and wonders and promise peace and safety from what will be the wrath of God falling on those who refuse to repent as many will be deceived, even the very elect if possible, Matthew 24:24, and cause a great falling away from Gods truth, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12; Hebrews 6:4-6. Many will be deceived and take the mark of the beast bowing down and worshipping him as they will seal their fate being that of the second death. Everyone alive at Christ coming will see Him as when He returns He cast the beast and false prophet into the lake of fire, binds Satan and all those in the grave will hear His voice to rise up as some will resurrect to eternal life and others to damnation, John 5:28.

I believe I agree with what you wrote here. But because of the testimony in Rev I hold to a thousand year gap between the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous. The righteous a bodily resurrection and the unrighteous brought up for final judgment which is the lake of fire.

During the 1000 period in the reign of Christ Jesus the children of God will be over the nations. Every name not found in the book of life is thrown into the lake of fire which takes place after the 1000 years has been completed.

Rev 2:
To the one who is victorious (overcomes) and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’[b]—just as I have received authority from my Father.28 I will also give that one the morning star.29 Whoever has ears, let them hearwhat the Spirit says to the churches.

Back