Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baptism in the Spirit: The experience

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Did your pastor friend go into any other rooms and heal them? If not, why not? Seems kinda selfish to have that ability and help one person with asthma. Jesus didnt do that. we are told that all was healed by Peter. I do believe prayer can work. I do believe that people can be healed. Forgive me if I don’t believe that you or your pastor friend have any power to do anything. Speaking in tongues? So you can speak, fluently, different languages for which you’ve never studied a minute for? If not then what you are doing is gibberish.
Why should she have gone into into other rooms? We knew each other personally. If you go to visit someone in a hospital, do you go into other rooms? And it wasn't "her ability"; Jesus healed me.

I am not interested in what you think about my speaking in tongues.

You seem to be ready to challenge anything I write. What is your problem?

I don’t see how acts 19 proves anything. Paul laid his hands on people and they could perform the miraculous. Can you do that today? No. Then why are you appealing to acts 19 for anything?

So you receive the Spirit directly from God? Then you must be able to do the miraculous? Because all those in the first century that received the Spirit directly could demonstrate that they had received the Spirit. My guess is you and others cant demonstrate squat. So you can tell me you got the Spirit all day along but if you cant demonstrate then its meaningless. I know and have known many a people who were not “polluted” and they NEVER received a thing.

Why are you so antagonistic? Does your faith encourage you to attack other Christians?

Why should she have gone into into other rooms? We knew each other personally. If you go to visit someone in a hospital, do you go into other rooms? And it wasn't "her ability"; Jesus healed me.

I am not interested in what you think about my speaking in tongues.

You seem to be ready to challenge anything I write. What is your problem?
No I don’t challenge anything you write just the stuff thats not taught by the Bible. Like this…..The “pastor” that healed you was a woman? Thats an impossibility according to the Bible. A pastor/bishop/elder (they are all the same office) is to be the “husband“ of one wife. This disqualifies any woman from being a “pastor”.

Why are you so antagonistic? Does your faith encourage you to attack other Christians?
Im not attacking you. Ive said nothing personally about you. Im disagreeing with your doctrine. There is a huge difference. We are told to “contend for THE FAITH that was once delivered to the saints. When do you draw the line on accepting false doctrine?

No I don’t challenge anything you write just the stuff thats not taught by the Bible. Like this…..The “pastor” that healed you was a woman? Thats an impossibility according to the Bible. A pastor/bishop/elder (they are all the same office) is to be the “husband“ of one wife. This disqualifies any woman from being a “pastor”.
It's time you a) read the Bible carefully and b) face facts.

You're actually claiming that it was impossible that a woman prayed for my healing? Jesus healed me, not the pastor.

Why is your faith so weak?

P.S. All your Biblical quote means is that a pastor/bishop/elder shouldn't be a polygamist.

You're actually claiming that it was impossible that a woman prayed for my healing? Jesus healed me, not the pastor.

P.S. All your Biblical quote means is that a pastor/bishop/elder shouldn't be a polygamist.
Your "facts" are counter to scripture, regarding women pastors.

Im not attacking you. Ive said nothing personally about you. Im disagreeing with your doctrine. There is a huge difference. We are told to “contend for THE FAITH that was once delivered to the saints. When do you draw the line on accepting false doctrine?
You wrote this: Did your pastor friend go into any other rooms and heal them? If not, why not? Seems kinda selfish to have that ability and help one person with asthma." Perhaps you didn't say anything about me, but you did criticize her personally.

When do you draw the line on accepting false doctrine?

Are you perfect like 2 Tim 3:17 says we can be?
That is perfectly sinless?
If you understood the meaning of early 17th Century Englyshe, you would know that "perfect" actually means complete. Why doest thou not write in Englyshe? Thou art fooling thyself with thine own (mis)understanding.

Paul wrote that "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28 It is a fundamental truth of Christianity that all people are regarded equally.

Paul did write instructions about women being pastors but -- and this is very important -- he was writing concerning life in the first century: almost all women were uneducated and were little more than housekeepers. That is not the case today. Women are fully capable of serving in any capacity in the church; there are no reasons to think otherwise.

Try to understand what it means to be led by the Spirit and not by the law, and you may then understand why 21st century women are more than capable to be pastors (or fill any other role to which God leads them).

Paul wrote that "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28 It is a fundamental truth of Christianity that all people are regarded equally.

Paul did write instructions about women being pastors but -- and this is very important -- he was writing concerning life in the first century: almost all women were uneducated and were little more than housekeepers. That is not the case today. Women are fully capable of serving in any capacity in the church; there are no reasons to think otherwise.

Try to understand what it means to be led by the Spirit and not by the law, and you may then understand why 21st century women are more than capable to be pastors (or fill any other role to which God leads them).

I guess it's, "Sola Scriptura for thee, but not for me!"

I'm always amazed at how quickly people are willing to throw away the basic tenets of their beliefs...

Yes. I would agree. we need to read more carefully and when we do we will find out that it is a fact that a woman is NOT to be a pastor? If you were mistaken with the title then fine you can let me know.
No. I never said that. There’s nothing wrong with a woman praying for you.
Why would you say that? Just because I dont accept people with miraculous healing powers today? I would if anyone could demonstrate something genuine and undeniable. Just like they did in the early church when these gifts were available. See, these gifts had a purpose. They were just not given to haphazardly roam around and heal random people on a whim. They were for revealing and confirming the word of God in its infancy. That is what the Bible says. And, in faith, I believe what it says.
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1 Timothy 2:11-13
Try telling that to God and not me.

You wrote this: Did your pastor friend go into any other rooms and heal them? If not, why not? Seems kinda selfish to have that ability and help one person with asthma." Perhaps you didn't say anything about me, but you did criticize her personally.
I never called her any names or anything like that. But would you not agree if this lady had some special ability and she didnt share it with others in a HOSPITAL then that would be a little selfish? If not why not?
When do you draw the line on accepting false doctrine?

Why is it just about everybody on here thinks they don’t have to answer my questions but of course I have to answer theirs? Is it because what the answers they know they will have to give will actually say about them and their doctrine AND it will not help their cause? Hmmmmm? Deep thoughts!

All this is saying is that when it comes to being a part of the body of Christ there is no respector of persons. You are no longer Jew or gentile, male or female, you are just a Christian and whether we be bond or free we are are all one “In Christ Jesus”.
BUT and this is a huge BUT. This does not mean we all have the same roles within the church/body. There is agreat description of the body in Corinthians where we see that all the different body parts, even though they all have different roles, all work together as one under one head and that head Is Christ. So this is why women are not to preach and teach and be Elders in the church. They were not given that role. If you don’t understand the clear distinction then yes you do need to go back and study more and “read more carefully”.
Where did he write those instructions? In the shepherd of Hermes?
Nobody even mentioned the word “capable”. This has nothing to do with ability.
Im going to start a thread on law here real soon so you'll get your wish!!

Speaking in tongues?
Where does your knowledge of speaking in tongues come from? Have seen the Gift of Tongues in operation? Do you have any practical knowledge of the Gift of Tongues?
So you can speak, fluently, different languages for which you’ve never studied a minute for?
I have been praying in tongues for many years now. It does not sound like gibberish at all, never has.
If not then what you are doing is gibberish.
I have seen videos of people being " taught " how to speak in tongues, this is so wrong! No training is necessary. The Holy Spirit gives the utterance and the person speaking in tongues is letting the Holy Spirit use them.

If you understood the meaning of early 17th Century Englyshe, you would know that "perfect" actually means complete. Why doest thou not write in Englyshe? Thou art fooling thyself with thine own (mis)understanding.
In my Strong's Concordance, "perfect" means "perfect".

If you knew what the New Testament says you wouldn't make such foolish statements.
I can only go with what God has had published since the 1600s.
I am surprised you can't see the inherent wisdom of such exhortations and teachings.

The man was made first, and Eve was made to be his helper.
Eve sinned first.
We are not to allow women to usurp authority over the man for those reasons.

Yes. I would agree. we need to read more carefully and when we do we will find out that it is a fact that a woman is NOT to be a pastor? If you were mistaken with the title then fine you can let me know.

No. I never said that. There’s nothing wrong with a woman praying for you.

Why would you say that? Just because I dont accept people with miraculous healing powers today? I would if anyone could demonstrate something genuine and undeniable. Just like they did in the early church when these gifts were available. See, these gifts had a purpose. They were just not given to haphazardly roam around and heal random people on a whim. They were for revealing and confirming the word of God in its infancy. That is what the Bible says. And, in faith, I believe what it says.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1 Timothy 2:11-13
Try telling that to God and not me.
So you're still using the rigid thinking of the law? Again, Paul wrote that "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28 That is quite clear.

Again, this is not the 1st Century CE, when women were close to being chattel. Can you give a logical reason for women to be excluded from any role in the church? Are they too stupid? Does God not reveal His wisdom to them?

Why were there women who led churches in their homes in Paul's time? Were they violating God's law but Paul forgot to call them out?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back