Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

His Elect !

Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

G1484
ἔθνος
ethnos
eth'-nos
Probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), that is, a tribe; specifically a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan): - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
I am not a heathen or a pagan I am a child of the King!

Can we be both a gentile and a child of the King? Have we received the the promise?

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Acts 22:14

14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

We see that the Elect, as Paul is an Illustration of, is Chosen to Hear God's or Christ's Voice, and this Spiritually. This coincides with Christ saying that His Sheep shall hear His voice via the Gospel.

Secondly, they are Chosen to Know God's Will, Spiritually and Experientially. Col 1:9

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

For this cause they receive a Spirit of revelation

Eph 1:17

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Eph 1:9

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

That He should see the Holy One !

Acts 22:14

14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

The word for see here is the greek word eidō and is the same word used for see in Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

And the word does mean understand; But Paul saw Him both with the eye of understanding through the New Birth, and He of course saw Him Physically with His own eyes on the road to damascus, which qualified Him to be an Apostle.

However all the Elect of God, whom Christ did die for, have been Chosen to see Jesus with the eye of understanding through New Birth ; for to see Jesus is to see the Kingdom of God, and this seeing is a precursory to believing in Him Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus through His Ministers does open their eyes, the eyes of their understanding Acts 26:28

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Eph 1:18

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

To take single verses out of context all the time, and use words in the old english Bible that are not in context to what the Bible actually says is again just the practise of eisegesis.
These verses do not say what you want them to say and do not mean what you want them to mean. The Bible interprets itself, and does not need an outside concept to validate it's message.
John 3:16 and 2 Peter 3:9 are very clear. He died for ALL and salvation is for ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:
To take single verses out of context all the time, and use words in the old english Bible that are not in context to what the Bible actually says is again just the practise of eisegesis.
These verses do not say what you want them to say and do not mean what you want them to mean. The Bible interprets itself, and does not need an outsdie concept to validate it's message.
John 3:16 and 2 Peter 3:9 are very clear. He died for ALL and salvation is for ALL.

Yes I whole heartily agree.

John O

Eph 1:4 and 2 Tim 1:9

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Those who were chosen in Christ before the foundation [Eph 1:4] are the ones also given to Him by the Father to give unto them eternal life Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

He shouldn't give it [eternal life] to all without exception, but to only as many as given to Him Eph 1:4 !

So these would be given to Him as a reward for His suffering, which was the Joy set before Him Heb 12:2, they were given also to come to Him in Faith as for His Reward Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Those who do come to Christ in Faith had been given of the Father, and so it was given to them [who come] to believe on His Name, not for their sakes, but for Christ's behalf Phil 1:29

29 For unto you[That Believe] it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Notice, it is given in behalf of Christ ! Thats because believers are given to Christ as The Father's Reward to Him for His Cross Work. Ps 2:8

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

All Saints are Christ's Inheritance Eph 1:18, neither does it matter if they are the Son's Inheritance or the Fathers because Jesus did say Jn 17:10

And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Now those given to Christ by the Father before time, is the foundational cause for which they come to Him in time, so that it comes to past as Per 2 Tim 2:19

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his[His Inheritance]. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

BTW this excludes these from ever being the Lords, those He knows Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now this departing from iniquity as per 2 Tim 2:19 for those who are Christ's and He knows that are His, this departing from iniquity is effected by His Redeeming Death for them as Per Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

For it is of the Righteousness of God that the Son of His Love has in possession those he purchased with His own Blood ! And so Faith is alloted to them all 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Thats why it is said of Paul it is given to believe on Christ on Christ's Behalf Phil 1:29 !

II Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

In light of the above scripture,how can His wish be for those whom He didn't elect,or are you saying those not of the elect have no chance whatsoever of being saved?????

2 Pet 3:9 is about God's Elect !

Gods Elect are Christians, those who put on Christ, Jew and Gentile alike:

Colossians 3:12 (KJV)
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Eph 1:4 and 2 Tim 1:9

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Those who were chosen in Christ before the foundation [Eph 1:4] are the ones also given to Him by the Father to give unto them eternal life Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

He shouldn't give it [eternal life] to all without exception, but to only as many as given to Him Eph 1:4 !

So these would be given to Him as a reward for His suffering, which was the Joy set before Him Heb 12:2, they were given also to come to Him in Faith as for His Reward Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Yes, the Church was by design from the beginning... not an afterthought...

Those who do come to Christ in Faith had been given of the Father, and so it was given to them [who come] to believe on His Name, not for their sakes, but for Christ's behalf Phil 1:29

29 For unto you[That Believe] it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Notice, it is given in behalf of Christ ! Thats because believers are given to Christ as The Father's Reward to Him for His Cross Work. Ps 2:8

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

All Saints are Christ's Inheritance Eph 1:18, neither does it matter if they are the Son's Inheritance or the Fathers because Jesus did say Jn 17:10

And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Now those given to Christ by the Father before time, is the foundational cause for which they come to Him in time, so that it comes to past as Per 2 Tim 2:19

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his[His Inheritance]. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

BTW this excludes these from ever being the Lords, those He knows Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now this departing from iniquity as per 2 Tim 2:19 for those who are Christ's and He knows that are His, this departing from iniquity is effected by His Redeeming Death for them as Per Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Note in 2 Tim 2:19 that he said "The Lord knoweth them that are his." and Let every one that "nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity"

The writer says here, that you must have obeyed the commandments of Christ, "in the name of Christ" means by his authorization, he tells us those who obey Christ (become a true Christian) must depart from iniquity, the two cannot coexist...

For it is of the Righteousness of God that the Son of His Love has in possession those he purchased with His own Blood ! And so Faith is alloted to them all 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Thats why it is said of Paul it is given to believe on Christ on Christ's Behalf Phil 1:29 !
"to them that have 'obtained' " only to those who have walked through the door to faith:

Acts 14:27 (KJV)
27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

You are taking Phil 1:29 out of context, Paul is explaining here how we are to consider it a privilege not only to "Believe on Christ" but to suffer with and for him, to Timothy Paul said "if we suffer, we shall also reign with him"

2 Timothy 2:12 (KJV)
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

To "Believe on Christ" is to do his commands:

John 15:10 (KJV)
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

rr

Of course they are, but they are not born believers , yet they are born the elect !

You cannot be elect if you are not a believer, the elect are Christians, if one were "born the elect" and another not, then God would be a respecter of person :
Acts 10:34 (KJV)
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

rr

Thats according to your religion, which i know nothing about !

Now that's not proving anything? you have to prove to me I am wrong, it is your duty as I do not want to be wrong, but I cannot accept a statement of some other doctrine other than that of Christ...

I gave you scripture, now please give me some to support your view...

rr

Now that's not proving anything?

You have your religion, and I believe the Truth. I do not need to prove anything to you, if you do not believe what I believe, that is fine !

rr

You have your religion, and I believe the Truth. I do not need to prove anything to you, if you do not believe what I believe, that is fine !

There is only one true religion, one Church, and one head of that Church, so one of three things can only be, either you or I or wrong, or we both are wrong, so we need to find the truth, if you have seen the truth, show me, it must be in the Bible?

I have shown what I believe to be in the Bible, now you should show me what you believe is in the Bible so I may be corrected? you have not shown me a truth but an opinion, and opinions are not Biblical....

Those given to Christ !

Jn 17:2

Those given to Christ, that do come to Him or do believe in Him, as it is evidenced by His Chosen disciples that were presently before Him when He was saying these words of Jn 17, now if any of those given Him by His Father, be lost, then He has failed His Fathers will for Him, for it is written Jn 6:37-38

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will/desire/pleasure of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Now vs 39 is in regards to all the Father hath chosen in Him Eph 1:4

And vs 40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

again emphasizes those Chosen, with the added comment of what is the result or effect of God's choice of them, they see [spiritually] the Son and Believe in Him. They must see Him because, as the father gave them to Him, He also Gave Him to them as a Covenant to them, which results in this Isa 42:6-7

I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Yes, once their blind eyes are opened from their natural state of blindness, they see the Son, and Believe in Him as their Salvation, but if just one for whom was given to Him by the Father, should perish and be lost, Christ did fail His Father's will, desire, and pleasure; and those false teachers that teach that Christ died for any who shall be lost, they do preach Christ as a failure of His Father's will, which is Blasphemy at it's Highest. Simply Put, if we believe any for whom Christ died shall perish in their sins, we do blaspheme !

Of Him [The Father] are ye in Christ !

1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Of Him the Father are any in Christ Jesus [ by which in Him is No Condemnation Rom 8:1], it is because of the Father's choice of some of us, that we are in Christ, and this choice was before the foundation of the World Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

This Choice of the Father is also called Sanctification by the Father according to Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Whereby, by His Eternal Purpose of Election, He set us apart for His Son Jesus Christ. This Truth is also seen in Christ's Parable here Matt 22:1-5

And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,

2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

But vs 14 lets us know that all were not chosen Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

And those few are those here Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Redemption is only for the Elect of God !

Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Whose the we here Paul is referring to ? Its those Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

That the Redemption God gives is only for the Elect People is seen from the OT Scriptures which gives a Covenant Command Ps 130:7-8

7 Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Israel is another name for God's Elect. Notice vs7, Its only the Elect that are called to Hope in God, and to find Mercy in Redemption, and only the Elect [Israel] that is promised to be redeemed from all His iniquties.

Its Israel or the Elect here also Titus 2:14

Remember who Paul is writing to here in Titus ! Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Notice that the promise in Ps 130:8 for Israel is this:

8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

And notice what Christ came to do in His Death for His Elect in Titus 2:14

that he might redeem us from all iniquity !

You see its the same thing, to redeem from all iniquity a certain People, the Elect of God or the Israel of God. This also means that Israel and the Church are the same !

Back