Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

His Elect !

Election is in Christ !

Election is in Christ or some have been chosen in Christ, When ? Before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

And let it be known, that this Election puts one in Christ that early, and that of God are they in Christ Jesus 1 Cor 1:30a

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Not of our faith, our choosing or our repentance, but of God's Sovereign choice by Grace. This Election gave one a Representative Being in Christ, like Levi had in the Loins of Abraham Heb 7:9-10

9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

It also gives a Representative Union with Him, and it is at conversion when believing the Truth, that Union is made manifest openly, and is evidence of having been in Christ before. This is the same as Eve's open marriage to Adam, did but give Evidence that She previously had a Union with him before, and of course Paul likens that to the Church and Christ Eph 5:28-32

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

That Eve had this Union with Adam at Adam's Creation is clear from Gen 5:1-2

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

And so Later God brought the woman to the Man Gen 2:22

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

God caused her to come to the man, Just like He causes The Church, Christ's Bride to come to Him Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Which in the final analysis will be all those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4 !

God knows the end from the beginning, he knew all that He call and those that he would choose. God is not in temporal time, HE IS THE GREAT I AM! so until the Holy Spirit has revealed the eteranl realm and the eternal day, I doubt that one can understand any of these things in a way they should. "elect" "predestined" are statements that only a "spiritual" etenallly minded christian can understand. We know for sure that some who claim to be "elect" are so dead in faith and so far from truth, that they cannot be any part of those God has chosen.

God knows the end from the beginning, he knew all that He call and those that he would choose. God is not in temporal time, HE IS THE GREAT I AM! so until the Holy Spirit has revealed the eteranl realm and the eternal day, I doubt that one can understand any of these things in a way they should. "elect" "predestined" are statements that only a "spiritual" etenallly minded christian can understand. We know for sure that some who claim to be "elect" are so dead in faith and so far from truth, that they cannot be any part of those God has chosen.

So did I choose God or was just forced into it?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

So did I choose God or was just forced into it?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Well no man knows the things in another mans heart! But I assumed that Christ came and knocked upon the door of your heart and conscience? I assume you surrendered part of your will to the Truth of who He is?
This is an ongoing process, of dying daily to who we are in the flesh, and living by the truth of Who we are in Him.

Growing in grace and knowledge of Christ. To grown in grace requries a surrender of ones own self-will. For God gives grace to the humble. And he makes those who become as fools wise!

Chosen to Believe and Why !

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Chosen that we should be Holy and without blame before Him in Love ! Some ignorantly say that scripture does not teach an election to believe in Christ, but that is another lie from the father of lies and his minions, for our present scripture teaches that very thing; for in being Chosen to be Holy, accompanied with that is Sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13, for its by the sanctifying Work of the Spirit [New Birth] see Eph 4:24 that we become experientially Holy, which answers the Purpose of Eph 1:4

Predestinated to Faith !

The Elect or Chosen are predestinated to Faith in Christ as it is taught in Eph 1:5

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

For we are openly, manifestly the sons of God by Faith in Christ Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. also Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

However before faith or our adoption is revealed, we are as others by nature foreigners and strangers, enemies, even children of wrath as others, but because our being the Children of God by election is before faith not known or yet discovered, however our Adoption in time by Jesus Christ makes it known , which Adoption is the End of Predestination ! Also more of that making known of Adoption will occur at the Second Coming ! That also was the End of Predestination !

Predestinated to Faith !

The Elect or Chosen are predestinated to Faith in Christ as it is taught in Eph 1:5

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

For we are openly, manifestly the sons of God by Faith in Christ Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. also Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

However before faith or our adoption is revealed, we are as others by nature foreigners and strangers, enemies, even children of wrath as others, but because our being the Children of God by election is before faith not known or yet discovered, however our Adoption in time by Jesus Christ makes it known , which Adoption is the End of Predestination ! Also more of that making known of Adoption will occur at the Second Coming ! That also was the End of Predestination !

Predestination is in the spirit! no man is justified in the flesh nor does any carnal "christian" have any access to the Kingdom of God. For those who walk in the flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. Predestined to be conformed to His Image is not for when we get to heaven. It is for this world. For as He is so are we in this world. So the reason some have no clue about the meaning of this term or who it is for? Is because they are carnal and religious and are cut off from the Life of Christ, which is in the Spirit.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

We see that foreknowledge is nescessary for predestined conforming. By His foreknowledge He chose us/ predestined to be conformed. He begins that conforming when we are saved when the Holy Spirit indwells us and we continue in this comforming from faith to faith and glory to glory. We will be completely conformed when we receive are glorified bodies. Our spirits are made righteous in Christ and are just like Him in this world at the time of our accepting Him but our souls and bodies are not yet just like Him.

1 John 4:15-19

King James Version (KJV)

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Just a footnote : Does God choose to use His ability of foreknowledge in all things at all time. There are scriptures that lead me to believe He does not. It would be and interesting discussion I think.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

We see that foreknowledge is nescessary for predestined conforming. By His foreknowledge He chose us/ predestined to be conformed. He begins that conforming when we are saved when the Holy Spirit indwells us and we continue in this comforming from faith to faith and glory to glory. We will be completely conformed when we receive are glorified bodies. Our spirits are made righteous in Christ and are just like Him in this world at the time of our accepting Him but our souls and bodies are not yet just like Him.

1 John 4:15-19

King James Version (KJV)

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Just a footnote : Does God choose to use His ability of foreknowledge in all things at all time. There are scriptures that lead me to believe He does not. It would be and interesting discussion I think.

Good post Deb13! Please go further into your thoughts on "foreknowledge" and those scriptures that you are seeing?

God's Chosen People !

Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

It baffles me on how today organized religion rejects the Truth of God that God has a Chosen People on this Earth, a People that He Loved and Loves and values over and above all other people, for what can be plainer from the words of our text. This special people was not only Chosen but Loved by God above all other people, they were also Holy Holy to the Lord.

With this in mind, why is it that people reject the Truth that God has a special people whom He shows special preference above and over all others ?

Now many will say that the text refers to ethnic jews, and at that time it did, but not to all of them without exception, but only those that belonged to a remnant according to the Election of Grace, having been Chosen first Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, and those Loved in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39 ! Also there are no people that is Holy to God outside of Christ Jesus, now with that in mind, it should be easier to understand who the Chosen People are God is referring to in Deut 7:6-8, why its the Church of Eph 1:4-3:21 !

God's Chosen People !

Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

It baffles me on how today organized religion rejects the Truth of God that God has a Chosen People on this Earth, a People that He Loved and Loves and values over and above all other people, for what can be plainer from the words of our text. This special people was not only Chosen but Loved by God above all other people, they were also Holy Holy to the Lord.

With this in mind, why is it that people reject the Truth that God has a special people whom He shows special preference above and over all others ?

Now many will say that the text refers to ethnic jews, and at that time it did, but not to all of them without exception, but only those that belonged to a remnant according to the Election of Grace, having been Chosen first Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, and those Loved in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39 ! Also there are no people that is Holy to God outside of Christ Jesus, now with that in mind, it should be easier to understand who the Chosen People are God is referring to in Deut 7:6-8, why its the Church of Eph 1:4-3:21 !

I dont think folks are rejecting that God "elects" but its His choice and not for a group of dead religious folks to decide they are "elect". Also the scriptures describe those who God has chosen. These signs will follow them! and this is how you will know them! so I think when no one sees the signs nor the love, they know that those who claim to be "elect" are just fooling themselves. So many are not in doubt of the truth of scripture, but they doubt that those who claim this honor for themselves, are anything but puffed up by doctrines that they claim. A living faith is the sign that one has life.

God's Chosen People ! cont

Now however at the time of Deut 7, the church was comprised of Chosen ethnic jews called Israel, but as time would go on it would be revealed that this Chosen People Israel whom God Loved was not only made up of ethnic jews, but of all people of different Nations, and that had been a Mystery, though hinted at in prophecies like Isa 49:6

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Lk 2:32

A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Also the Mystery was that Elect Israel, Whom God Loved was not an ethnicity according to the flesh, but a spiritual seed, hence the seed of Israel Isa 45:25 and Gal 6:16

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Isa 45:25 This Glory of Israel is the same as the Glory of the Church Eph 3:21

21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

mit

I dont think folks are rejecting that God "elects" but its His choice

Of course it's His Choice, that is why they are God's Elect, Duh !

God's Chosen People ! cont

Now that the Chosen People of Eph 1:4, the Church, are the same as those in Deut 7, notice Deut 7:6

Yes, they are both Holy unto God, the fact is, there are not Two different sets of Chosen Holy People, however this is no issue at all when we understand that both objects of God's Choice here are the same people under different economies or administrations ! This is why those under the New Covenant are called with an Holy Calling 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

He dwells among them[The Church] as His Holy People 2 Cor 6:14-18

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now Paul here is writing the Church the Body of Christ and He is applying this OT Scripture to it:

Leviticus 26:11-12 ; Ezk 37:26-27

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

The Church, the Body of Christ is an Holy Temple unto the Lord Eph 2:21

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

1 Cor 3:16

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

See the OT Tabernacle and Temple of the People of Israel were merely Types of the Church, the Israel of God.

Now it we fail to see the fulfillment of Deut 7:6 here in the Church, we are blind to the Truth !

Is Christ God's Elect ?

This question is answered in the affirmative,lets look at Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

1 Pet 2:4,6

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Now if He is God's Elect or Chosen as scripture doeth testify Lk 23:35, then so are the ones Chosen in Him that constitute His Body and it's Members; for God did not choose the Head Christ with no Body members,but in God's Choice of the Head, all the Members of that Head's Body were with Him Chosen Eph 1:4

Thats why His Members are called an Chosen Generation 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation or offspring, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Paul tells us that in the beginning, He was the Head of the Body, the Church Col 1:17-18

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

What does " who is the beginning" mean ? Vs 17 tells us , in that He as the Head " is before all things"

Remember it is written of Jesus this Rev 1:8

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 3:14

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The Beginning of the Creation of God is that He is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is the Creation of God, which was Created for God's Glory Isa 43:7

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

And also in that capacity, as the Head of the Church, all things were Created by Him and for Him Col 1:16-17

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he[The Head of the Body] is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Now this Union of Christ and His Body existed and predated their [His Body] existence and union with their earthly head Adam after Creation. The only way to deny the Election of some in Christ, is to deny Christ's Election as well, for His Election is irrelevant if its not as the Head of His Body the Church !

Election is in Christ 2

Election is in Christ . The fact that Christ Himself is God's Elect, makes it imperative that those who are Joint Heirs with Him [Rom 8:17] are also of God's Election.

Just as Believing spouses are Heirs together 1 Pet 3:7

7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

And we know the Mystery of Christ Eph 5:31-32

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

For Christ is God's Elect as He chose Him to be the Head of the Body [His Wife] the Church which hath many members Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

1 Cor 12:12

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

And so the Members of His Body consequently are Joint heirs with Him Rom 8:17, As Christ is the Son of God, they in Him are the Children of God, as the Son of God, He is Chosen Lk 23:35,those Chosen in Him are God's Chosen Eph 1:4 and they are Children of God, His Brethren Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Rom 8:29

We cannot consistently believe that Christ is God's Elect without embracing His Members of His Body not being God's Elect as Well !

Ministers of Deception

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.†- 2 Timothy 4:3

Did you know Satan has put his ministers all across America? On Sunday, people will come down and sit in a service, and the man in the pulpit will look like a minister, but he will be a minister of Satan. Isn’t that frightening? You need to understand that Satan is not against religion. He’s always wanted to be like God. His temptation to you is not to be ungodly, but to try to be like God, but in Satan’s way. Satan is the master of deception.

Matthew 24:24 says, if it were possible, he would deceive the very elect. That’s the reason we have to be discerners of truth.

This Sunday, don’t just sit and soak in the service. Test the message against the Word of God and apply it to your life.

For more from Love Worth Finding
:amen i agree %100

All things work together for good to them that love God , to them. WHO ARE THE CALLED according to HIS purpose. Romans 9:28
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justfies. Romans 9:33
Thank you for your faith and wonderfull posts. There is no debate regarding his election and his wondefull mercy and grace for all his people he chose and paid the price in blood in full before the world was formed. Just think, he included me...............and you I hope and pray.
Grace , Mercy and peace to you. It's always good to hear from others who proclaim how great our God is. Thank you savedbyGrace57

Election in Christ !

Those who were Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

They actually had a Election Being in Him, before they had one in their Earthy head of Adam at Creation. This is because Christ's Headship was before Adam's, and before Creation no other Headship existed save that of Christ, and so in all things He must have the preeminence; being that He is before all things, and by whom all things consist, and He is the Head of the Body, the Church Col 1:17-18

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

This is key, Paul is saying here that in the beginning, Christ is the Head of the body the Church , before all things else !

This is proof, if we can receive it, that Christ was the Head of the Church before all things, and He was the Head of those Chosen in Him as Early !

This Truth establishes eternal election in Christ, or He could not have been the Head of the Church, His Body in the beginning !

To deny Eternal Election therefore in Christ, is to deny His Eternal Headship in the beginning, and then our Christology becomes a false Christ !

Back