Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Mary was born with a sinful nature.

We as Christians through the power of the Holy Spirit can overcome our human nature that would cause us to sin .
Everyone notice I said "can" not will , there is a difference .
Do you sin daily ?
I certainly pray this is not the result of my day spent .

12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
he apostle John who pemned revelation,had visions no modern day prophet or dreamers get fell as dead before the Lord.
Yet that indicates sin meaning we despite our justification haven't been glorified and free of sin or that body of death .
If we make a misstep in our journey the question is do we learn from that and do our best not to repeat it .

Our day is coming when we will be free of the fallen realm which we live in now and we will walk the streets of gold in the New Jerusalem and I will be looking for you brother jasonc , as I will be looking for all my brothers in this thread .

I certainly pray this is not the result of my day spent .

12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

If we make a misstep in our journey the question is do we learn from that and do our best not to repeat it .

Our day is coming when we will be free of the fallen realm which we live in now and we will walk the streets of gold in the New Jerusalem and I will be looking for you brother jasonc , as I will be looking for all my brothers in this thread .
Then you are not sin free .

I never met a charismatic who denies the sin nature .never met one that often when I did get to know them have serious flaws .some admitted it others didn't .

That can be said about other believers .

Wanna find out what your idols are

Well a hurricane can show it well .

A job loss ,divorce and disease . God sees otherwise santification wouldn't be needed .renew your mind daily.

Until we are transformed no one is sinless .

I never met a charismatic who denies the sin nature .never met one that often when I did get to know them have serious flaws .some admitted it others didn't .

That can be said about other believers .

Well a hurricane can show it well .

A job loss ,divorce and disease . God sees otherwise santification wouldn't be needed .renew your mind daily.

Until we are transformed no one is sinless .
Isn't the "new creature" transformed ?

When your sins are forgiven in that moment are you sin free ?
I am muley headed as my mom would say , stubborn .

The only one that could be an idol would be my location I live in , I have not always lived here but this is the first house I came into in my mothers arms . It is no so much the house as it is where it is on a side of a bluff . I go out and pray at night under the stars , God has done some awesome things .

The power of The Holy Spirit does not need my defense .
It truly is not Holy Spirit who is telling you that you are sinless.

Please prove that from the Bible.

As I stated, a right understanding of Harmartiology will prove otherwise.

We as Christians through the power of the Holy Spirit can overcome our human nature that would cause us to sin .

It truly is not Holy Spirit who is telling you that you are sinless.
The Holy Spirit has never told me I am "sinless" but that has nothing to do with this "born in sin " you are telling of .
You are conflating two totally different things .
We have ALL sinned and we ALL need a Savior !

But I still can't find the nebulous "sin nature " and WHO placed in the human .

As I stated, a right understanding of Harmartiology will prove otherwise.
Reformed Theology .

When your sins are forgiven in that moment are you sin free ?

I am muley headed as my mom would say , stubborn .

The only one that could be an idol would be my location I live in , I have not always lived here but this is the first house I came into in my mothers arms . It is no so much the house as it is where it is on a side of a bluff . I go out and pray at night under the stars , God has done some awesome things .
We by nature rebel ,Jesus by nature didn't have to sin nor desire ,we have a battle. he didn't only He by nature isn't inclined .

Stubborn is a sin .

Not that Im not

I do not see the difference.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I had stated:

Can we all at least agree that we are born with a fallen nature which gives us a propensity for sin such that sinning is inevitable, as is evidenced in even toddlers?

Maybe start there, figure out the difference between "fallen nature" and "sin nature," if there is one, and then work out from there.

I'm not sure if there is a difference. If there is, it's subtle. I just thought that perhaps everyone could at least agree that our nature is fallen. That is rather the whole point of our need for a saviour. The Bible certainly states that our nature is sinful, deserving of wrath.

Psa 51:1 To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet went to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
Psa 51:2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!
Psa 51:3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
Psa 51:4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment.
Psa 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. (ESV)

Eph 2:3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. (ESV)

The Holy Spirit has never told me I am "sinless" but that has nothing to do with this "born in sin " you are telling of .
You are conflating two totally different things .
We have ALL sinned and we ALL need a Savior !

Reformed Theology .
Apologies.

I misunderstood some of your posts.

Reformed Theology is not the only denomination that teaches Hamartiology.

It was inherited from Adam.

So if you do not believe we have a sin nature from birth, how about a fallen nature, as Free pointed out.

I do not see a difference of the two.

If you do please explain.

Nobody has refuted the opening post. Everyone born of a biological father received a sin nature from Adam. And everyone with this sin nature will eventually, knowingly, and with accountability, sin. As much as some would like to deify Mary, Babylon will have to wait. she's special, but not that special. All have sinned and fallen short of the Gory of God.

Does the fact that we will all need and will receive a physical resurrection have significance? And that Physical resurrection comes through Jesus, no? Think of the implications of that.

Dave

Nobody has refuted the opening post. Everyone born of a biological father received a sin nature from Adam. And everyone with this sin nature will eventually, knowingly, and with accountability, sin. As much as some would like to deify Mary, Babylon will have to wait. she's special, but not that special. All have sinned and fallen short of the Gory of God.

Does the fact that we will all need and will receive a physical resurrection have significance? And that Physical resurrection comes through Jesus, no? Think of the implications of that.

Dave

Nobody has refuted the opening post.

Mary was born with a sinful nature.​

That is because nobody can refute it from Scripture.

This is the best I can do to help you guys in this post , and with that I bow out . Otherwise it is :horse .

This is the best I can do to help you guys in this post , and with that I bow out . Otherwise it is :horse .

But, in addition to the passages I gave, we also have to consider Romans 5:12, 18-19 and 8:3:

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—
Rom 5:18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.
Rom 5:19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. (ESV)

Rom 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, (ESV)

Note that in Romans 5, sin is inherited from Adam's "one trespass." That one trespass is what then makes our flesh sinful, as Rom 8:3 states. However, Paul doesn't say that Jesus came "in sinful flesh," but in the "likeness of sinful flesh." What we can see then is that Jesus was fully human (John 1:14; Phil 2:7-8; 1 John 4:2), but that he was without the original taint of sin that we all have.

Jesus is the second Adam, who, like how the first Adam was initially, was without sin in the flesh. But, unlike the first Adam who sinned and brought the curse on all flesh, Jesus remained sinless. I believe that is the distinction Paul is making with the use of "likeness"--Jesus is truly human, yet he didn't have flesh tainted by sin as the rest of us do. He needed to use "likeness" because he also used "sinful," unlike John who simply says, "became flesh" (John 1:14) and "in the flesh" (1 John 4:2). How else could Paul say that Jesus was truly human, yet was not sinful, by participating in "sinful flesh"?

1Pe 2:11 Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. (ESV)

That seems to me to be the best understanding of the entire matter, and that Jesus was tempted, but his temptations came from the devil, from without, not from within as we experience with "passions of the flesh." I think that the idea that humans are born with a sinful (or fallen) nature is without question the biblical witness. If we weren't, it would be possible that someone could live perfectly and not need Christ's atoning sacrifice.

But, in addition to the passages I gave, we also have to consider Romans 5:12, 18-19 and 8:3:

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—
Rom 5:18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.
Rom 5:19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. (ESV)

Rom 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, (ESV)

Note that in Romans 5, sin is inherited from Adam's "one trespass." That one trespass is what then makes our flesh sinful, as Rom 8:3 states. However, Paul doesn't say that Jesus came "in sinful flesh," but in the "likeness of sinful flesh." What we can see then is that Jesus was fully human (John 1:14; Phil 2:7-8; 1 John 4:2), but that he was without the original taint of sin that we all have.

Jesus is the second Adam, who, like how the first Adam was initially, was without sin in the flesh. But, unlike the first Adam who sinned and brought the curse on all flesh, Jesus remained sinless. I believe that is the distinction Paul is making with the use of "likeness"--Jesus is truly human, yet he didn't have flesh tainted by sin as the rest of us do. He needed to use "likeness" because he also used "sinful," unlike John who simply says, "became flesh" (John 1:14) and "in the flesh" (1 John 4:2). How else could Paul say that Jesus was truly human, yet was not sinful, by participating in "sinful flesh"?

1Pe 2:11 Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. (ESV)

That seems to me to be the best understanding of the entire matter, and that Jesus was tempted, but his temptations came from the devil, from without, not from within as we experience with "passions of the flesh." I think that the idea that humans are born with a sinful (or fallen) nature is without question the biblical witness. If we weren't, it would be possible that someone could live perfectly and not need Christ's atoning sacrifice.
Thank you for this.

We as Christians through the power of the Holy Spirit can overcome our human nature that would cause us to sin . We can be angry but sin not . Jesus was tempted in ALL points as we are , if we have an embedded sin nature the verse would be false .

Adam sinned without a sin nature , what about that . It is possible to sin without a sin nature .

Who embedded the sin in Adam ?
The fact that all people (except Jesus Himself) are inclined to sin becomes obvious when innocent children are observed over time. They commit sin before they even know what it is. But they have to be trained to be righteous, because it's not in their nature. They don't have to be trained to sin, because it's in their nature. It's not human nature, it's sinful nature.

So if you claim that innocent children are not inherently sinful exactly like Adam was before his fall, then the obvious implication is that you believe God created Adam with an inclination to sin. So according to your doctrine, God would be the author of sin.

But the traducian doctrine says that Adam was created sinless, and he was the one that infused sin in himself and in all mankind. This is what Paul teaches in Rom. 5. In Rom. 7 Paul says that sin was in him before he knew the law "do not covet." But that the law actually induced the sin to come out in his behavior. So then, he is teaching that people are born in sin, that is, born with a sinful nature.

I agree that the power of the Spirit helps us (He is the Helper) to overcome sin and the world. "This is what overcomes the world, even our faith." (1 Jn. 5). But I think John would agree that it's not actually faith itself that overcomes, but the fact that we trust God to grace us with the power to overcome. So it is the unregenerate who are in bondage to sin, whereas believers in Jesus are encouraged to overcome it because God is with them.

The command to be angry but without sin is not a guarantee that we are without sin or can be without sin. It does depend on our spiritual maturity and faith, that in the moment of testing we are more desirous of God's will than our own petty concerns.

Some people these days are claiming that Mary was sinless. Just to set the record straight, and setting aside all the scripture that states all have sinned and fallen short of Gods glory. That would include Mary.

The sinful nature of man is passed down through the man. Eve sinned first. but through Adams sin we inherit this sinful nature.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--

Mary was born of a father. "Heli" Luke 3:23 (Mary's genealogy) Thus she was born with a sinful nature.

Jesus, being born of a virgin, even though His biological mother Mary had a sinful nature, this sinful nature did not pass down to Him since there was no biological father. He received inheritance rights through Joseph. The position, not the blood.
Greetings,
I would just like to point out here that the verse you quote says nothing about a "sinful nature" that is "inherited". It says that DEATH entered the world due to sin, and that because of death, all sin and receive death.
We inherited our mortal state and because of that, we sin, because we live in a fallen world and are mortal and are pressured to sin by our mortality.
Christ is amongst us. Now and ever and unto ages of ages, amen!

Your missing the point, dna has nothing to do with inheriting sin. Is there a sin gene?

If humans were not born in sin, that means they were born sinless.

So back on topic.

Mary was born with a sinful nature.

Can anyone prove she was not?

hawkman what does that mean to you?
Jesus was born of Mary. If she had a sin nature, then so would He. Thus, this view of the Fall of Man and what it means has the Lord Incarnation into a nature of sin.

Back