Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Raptures – Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What is the great tribulation?
Do any of you know?
If you do what makes it different from all other tribulations?

Where in scripture do we find the phrase 'the great tribulation' ?

Here are the quoted words of Jesus looking up the word tribulation.. We can all do a complete word search.

Mat_13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat_24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat_24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mar_13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Joh_16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
There is no ''''the great tribulation''' in those verses... Doing a 'word search' for the phrase 'the great tribulation' comes up empty...

In the eSword i use only KJV is loaded...limiting the search

Where in scripture do we find the phrase 'the great tribulation' ?

Here are the quoted words of Jesus looking up the word tribulation.. We can all do a complete word search.

Mat_13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat_24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat_24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mar_13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Joh_16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
There is no ''''the great tribulation''' in those verses... Doing a 'word search' for the phrase 'the great tribulation' comes up empty...

In the eSword i use only KJV is loaded...limiting the search
Matthew 24:21 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

"great tribulation" = a lot of trouble.................... NOT an event in the future.

Let there be no doubt but that Dispensationalism does teach the re-establishment of Judaism following the Church age. Lewis Sperry Chafer, late President of Dallas Theological Seminary, says that after the Church age has run its course there is to be. ‘the regathering of Israel and the restoration of Judaism’ (Dispensationalism, p. 40). And Merrill F. Unger, also of Dallas Theological Seminary, says; ‘At the second advent Christ will restore the Judaistic system with far greater glory and spirituality than it ever had in the Old Testament period until its complete dissipation with the destruction of Herod’s temple in 70 A. D. The heart and center of re-established Judaism will be the millennial temple, in connection with which Judaism will enjoy its final state of development’ ( Bibliotheca Sacra, Jan.-March, 1960).

Only to a literalist does the re-establishment of the sacrificial system and temple ritual seem sensible. To a Post- or Amillennialist it is too materialistic. Premillennial logic, however, does not permit these sacrifices to be ‘spiritualized.’ To do so would remove a cornerstone from the system, and, if consistently carried out would lead straight to conclusions that they are most anxious to avoid.

http://www.graceonlinelibrary.org/e...ament-sacrificial-system-by-loraine-boettner/

http://books.google.com/books?id=4Z... teach literal millennial sacrifices&f=false

"great tribulation" = a lot of trouble.................... NOT an event in the future.
The length of the tribulation is determined by understanding of the seventy weeks of Daniel...Daniel 9:24-27.The great tribulation is in the future.It is the last 3 1/2 years of the 7 year tribulation.

willie T, if you don't mind post the history of the jewish seven YEAR war with ROME and with the break in the middle of it.

willie T, if you don't mind post the history of the jewish seven YEAR war with ROME and with the break in the middle of it.
You mean when Titus (I believe it was..) stopped the siege for several months?

You mean when Titus (I believe it was..) stopped the siege for several months?
yup. to give time for isreal to surrender and if they did and would yield to roman rule, they could have lived there. but they didn't want to surrender. no Christian died in that war.

yup. to give time for isreal to surrender and if they did and would yield to roman rule, they could have lived there. but they didn't want to surrender. no Christian died in that war.
I'll see if I have it in my hard drive. If not, I'll have to search for it, and scan it from Josephus or George Holford (or find it SOMEWHERE)

I'm building a patio out back right now, so that might take some time.

Matthew 24:21 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
The question was Where in scripture do we find the phrase 'the great tribulation' ? it is not in Matt 24:21

I'll see if I have it in my hard drive. If not, I'll have to search for it, and scan it from Josephus or George Holford (or find it SOMEWHERE)

I'm building a patio out back right now, so that might take some time.
ok, have fun in the florida heat.

Yeah, it's slow going for an old man.
oh I spent three hours drilling holes in a tractor rim, wife wanted a sun design so I asked her to do the marking and I will drill. 6 drill bits for the 3/8 holes, the pilot holes took three drill bits. one electric drill may be toasted. that was a lot harder of a metal then I thought.

I did that today.

oh I spent three hours drilling holes in a tractor rim, wife wanted a sun design so I asked her to do the marking and I will drill. 6 drill bits for the 3/8 holes, the pilot holes took three drill bits. one electric drill may be toasted. that was a lot harder of a metal then I thought.

I did that today.
You have been productive today :)

Are we all invited....? :biggrin2 :tongue :dancing:wave :shrug :woot2 :hysterical :rocking:yes :study :hips :thumbsup
Everyone is invited to the work party. It's going to be about 300 square feet (a little over 16x16) with a 13 foot walk leading to it from the house, then another 8 foot walk from the patio to an existing 12x16 slab behind it......... then, when I get the energy, there's going to be one more walk going over to the hanger.

I figure it should be done by Christmas.

Last edited:
You have been productive today :)
that wouldn't have taken that long if It took that rim to the central garage. the 200 gallon air compressor would have saved me one electric drill. I could have use the air drill I have but the 25 gal compressor couldn't handle that. I was afraid of burning that up.lets say that I could see that the metal shards from the drilling were blue, that means a whole of heat from the friction.

I did that today.
Next time, a torch to ease the temper, and then drill in oil.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back