Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Raptures – Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hypcrosy definition

Some of the brethren. But me no but u don't hear me trying to debate what god did not say all I did was tell a follower the truth and u and other members replied to me saying my correction needs correction.

Let me ask u a question why did god write mathew six if he wanted his people to pray in front of men in the churches and streets?

Hmm.... The Lord explains Himself perfectly in Matthew 6.
Young's Literal Translation
Mat 6:1 `Take heed your kindness not to do before men, to be seen by them, and if not--reward ye have not from your Father who is in the heavens;
Mat 6:2 whenever, therefore, thou mayest do kindness, thou mayest not sound a trumpet before thee as the hypocrites do, in the synagogues, and in the streets, that they may have glory from men; verily I say to you--they have their reward!

Mat 6:5 `And when thou mayest pray, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites, because they love in the synagogues, and in the corners of the broad places--standing--to pray, that they may be seen of men; verily I say to you, that they have their reward.

Why are they hypocrites? Because of WHY they are doing kindnesses and WHY they are loudly praying in the synagogues and broad places. TO BE SEEN BY MEN, in order to get a reward from Men.

If one is praying for the correct reason, to glorify the Lord, then they are not a hypocrite or expecting a reward from men.
Seems pretty easy to understand. :wave2

Last edited:
Ma,am please with all due respect and humbleness I speak to u

Where in 1john 5 14 to 15 do u see the proper way of praying is in a church with others in these verses

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

That's first john chap 5

And tell me what does mathew 6 verses mean if it don't mean not to pray in the streets and synagogues in front of men As it says.

Maybe I can't read cause that's what it says so tell me then
Matthew 6:5-8 tells me that God does not want you to be ritualistic when you pray.You can can say "If my eyes are open when I pray or if my hands are not folded when I pray He will not hear my prayer.God is bigger than that.

Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Matthew 15: 15-19:

“If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother.
16 But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed.
17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.. 18 Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be bound in heaven.
19 “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.
20 For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.” (NASB)

That is praying together.

If there was another with me I know for a surety The Lord is with us. For a group of wise men shall be made wise as it is written but to say that is praying together I do not know.

But I know this when pastors pray before men in the churches and synagogues that is not right according to the commandments from god.

But praying together I do not know.

Act_3:1 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour

Act_16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Well I may be wrong about praying together.

But mainly I'm speaking about the pastors who go in the churches and pray in front of men. An in the streets

You all understanding of the scriptures may be right I never knew that scripture which u and the other posted.

Have you never prayed with a friend over a particular matter?

There is nothing in our Lord's precious scripture that says a group leader cannot pray aloud with the group around him/her. If everyone spoke aloud their individual prayers, chaos would reign.

At many gatherings of Christians, someone will start the prayer session, with each participant adding a prayer. These prayers are not said in order to gain the attentions of or monies from others. There isn't pride or vanity involved. And it is the pride, vanity, that our Lord speaks against.

There is nothing in our Lord's precious scripture that says a group leader cannot pray aloud with the group around him/her. If everyone spoke aloud their individual prayers, chaos would reign.

At many gatherings of Christians, someone will start the prayer session, with each participant adding a prayer. These prayers are not said in order to gain the attentions of or monies from others. There isn't pride or vanity involved. And it is the pride, vanity, that our Lord speaks against.
I have a friend that I go to and I tell this person what is going on in my life.Good and bad.We pray together.I love his prayers.I would be sad if I missed those times we can pray together.

Are the following suggestions for those only in private prayer?

1 Cor 11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. Shall a man in a hurricane remove his hat to pray for help, or is this in the context of 1 Co 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place?

Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Act 12:12 And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying.

Mat 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them (Context), saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

Mat 14:28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
Mat 14:29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

Mat 14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. (Just what is prayer?)

No I have not. I prayed for friends and enemies but not together at a prayer session.

I'm not saying that if a person prayed together he commited the biggest sin nor am I saying it is sin for I do not no

All I know is god said to pray in private and I'm just telling u all to do so as well. N not to pray like the hypocrites of Jesus day did.

No I have not. I prayed for friends and enemies but not together at a prayer session.

I'm not saying that if a person prayed together he commited the biggest sin nor am I saying it is sin for I do not no

All I know is god said to pray in private and I'm just telling u all to do so as well. N not to pray like the hypocrites of Jesus day did.
You are missing out on a lot.That is too bad.Group prayer can be powerful.

Well I may be wrong about praying together.

But mainly I'm speaking about the pastors who go in the churches and pray in front of men. An in the streets

You all understanding of the scriptures may be right I never knew that scripture which u and the other posted.

A pastor leading in prayer can be good or maybe not...
Words are not my friend but let me try here....
We can humbly pray in a group setting... joining together even having a leader....
or we can make ourselves the important thing in a group setting... as in NOTICE ME I CAN PRAY FANCY this is not good...

I also believe some real prayers unto God are meant for those around us to here... Sorta like David soothed King Saul... We have a member who can type the most beautiful prayers they uplift the body of believers...

Both kinds of prayer have their place.. the quiet alone ones and the ones like Acts 1: 4

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

A pastor leading in prayer can be good or maybe not...
Words are not my friend but let me try here....
We can humbly pray in a group setting... joining together even having a leader....
or we can make ourselves the important thing in a group setting... as in NOTICE ME I CAN PRAY FANCY this is not good...

I also believe some real prayers unto God are meant for those around us to here... Sorta like David soothed King Saul... We have a member who can type the most beautiful prayers they uplift the body of believers...
I agree.We should not bring pride into our prayers like wanting man to see you pray so they will think what a Godly person you are.

Are the following suggestions for those only in private prayer?

1 Cor 11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. Shall a man in a hurricane remove his hat to pray for help, or is this in the context of 1 Co 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place?

Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Act 12:12 And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying.

Mat 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them (Context), saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

Mat 14:28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
Mat 14:29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

Mat 14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. (Just what is prayer?)

You all are taking this out of proportion.

All I am saying is god said to pray in private and do not pray like the hypocrites did in his day.

Does that mean if there is a tornado and a man is scared and prays wile people looking it's wrong? No

Or if a man is in prisons with a fellow believer and he prays or praise god there is that wrong no

But I am saying don't be like the scribes and Pharisees who pray the prayer of hypocrites.

If four men prayed together will god charge him with sin? I don't think so

But if a man prays in the streets in front of men preach the gospel of men. Don't give to the poor man when he cries but say he is righteous

Will god hear his prayer? Signs of the wolves are written in the scriptures some if u say nothing I said was written in

You all are taking this out of proportion.

All I am saying is god said to pray in private and do not pray like the hypocrites did in his day.

Does that mean if there is a tornado and a man is scared and prays wile people looking it's wrong? No

Or if a man is in prisons with a fellow believer and he prays or praise god there is that wrong no

But I am saying don't be like the scribes and Pharisees who pray the prayer of hypocrites.

If four men prayed together will god charge him with sin? I don't think so

But if a man prays in the streets in front of men preach the gospel of men. Don't give to the poor man when he cries but say he is righteous

Will god hear his prayer? Signs of the wolves are written in the scriptures some if u say nothing I said was written in
Another words make sure your prayers are genuine and not in vain?And that your heart is in it and not in yourself?

This is what Jesus said to His apostles so it must be that it is not against what Jesus said earlier, He would not contradict Himself.
YLT
Mat 18:19 `Again, I say to you, that, if two of you may agree on the earth concerning anything, whatever they may ask--it shall be done to them from my Father who is in the heavens,
Mat 18:20 for where there are two or three gathered together--to my name, there am I in the midst of them.'

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back