Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Raptures – Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Your reply makes me wonder why Jesus didn't have John send seven letters to the angels of the Jews instead of the church in seven different locations in that case, especially since that portion of scripture in Rev 3:10 is addressed to the church in Philadelphia. Because thou (Not the Jews) hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation . .

Tribulation of christians and God's wrath is not the same.

Tribulation of christians and God's wrath is not the same.
You are correct. There is present suffering with Christ with promise such as that in Romans 8:17, there is the trial of our faith more precious than gold in 1 Pet 1:7, and there can be consequences of sin illustrated throughout the scriptures.

The temptation to come upon all the world is not reserved for Christians alone, and is the beginning 3 1/2 years of seven years of tribulation.

The greatest stress will be applied when what we term as the anti-Christ, that little horn of Daniel Chapter 7, also known as the the abomination that maketh desolate of Dan 12:11, and the man of sin in 2 Thes 2:3 sets his image in the Holy place. Mt 24:15.

Now we know there is not going to be a man made temple that is holy, but he will demand the allegiance of man to him instead of God. It is also known as the time of Jacob's trouble in Jer 30:7. This is the time of the rule of the man of sin during the remaining 3 1/2 years of tribulation.

Before the tribulation begins, the 24 elders & four beasts are already present with Jesus in heaven. ref. Rev 4:4 & Rev 4:6. Who are they?
Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
So who do you think the 24 elders are?

You are correct. There is present suffering with Christ with promise such as that in Romans 8:17, there is the trial of our faith more precious than gold in 1 Pet 1:7, and there can be consequences of sin illustrated throughout the scriptures.

The temptation to come upon all the world is not reserved for Christians alone, and is the beginning 3 1/2 years of seven years of tribulation.

The greatest stress will be applied when what we term as the anti-Christ, that little horn of Daniel Chapter 7, also known as the the abomination that maketh desolate of Dan 12:11, and the man of sin in 2 Thes 2:3 sets his image in the Holy place. Mt 24:15.

Now we know there is not going to be a man made temple that is holy, but he will demand the allegiance of man to him instead of God. It is also known as the time of Jacob's trouble in Jer 30:7. This is the time of the rule of the man of sin during the remaining 3 1/2 years of tribulation.

Very good. And as you can see here scripture also tells us the rapture will be in the middle of the seven year trib right after the sixth seal is open. There will be signs in the sun, moon, stars, earthquake.

Isa 13:10 The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light.

Matt 24:29-31 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:14-27 "But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let the one who is on the housetop not go down, nor enter his house, to take anything out, 16 and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. 17 And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! 18 Pray that it may not happen in winter. 19 For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, and never will be. 20 And if the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days. 21 And then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect. 23 But be on guard; I have told you all things beforehand.

24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.

Luke 21:25-28 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Rev 6:12-14 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Take just one thing........ all that astronomical talk. We have to understand that the reference here, just like those stars and sun stuff in Joseph's dream, is not actual, but referring to governments and powers. They were going to fall, and scores did.

So many of us go hog wild, thinking the Biblical references are all literal. Like the New Jerusalem. Some people actually think that is a real city of gems and metal.
I have to laugh when people tell me the stars are going to fall. Where? Is the meager gravitational pull of Earth going to bring all those billions of solar systems back here to fall on us?

If they were going to fall, at all, they would collapse inward into themselves....... or just fly further off into space... the direction they are already moving.

And Jerusalem.... Give me a break. Fifteen hundred miles long, fifteen hundred miles wide, and fifteen hundred miles high,(almost three times higher than the tallest mountain in the world) with.... get this.. only a 200 FOOT high wall.

And what does the powerful holy city of God need a wall for, anyway? And only 12 gates, if it did? Do you know that would put the gates 500 miles apart?

Yet people get all wild-eyed, and try to make everything they read as literal.

So who do you think the 24 elders are?
Dear Sister Kathi, since the Revelation of Jesus Christ is of Him is directed to the Church, even through letters addressed to them, I believe we can safely assume those shown with Him are a part of His body; the church.

In 1 Thes 4:16-17 we are told the sequence of events concerning the catching up of His saints, and the dead in Christ shall rise first and then we which remain will be caught up with them in the air to meet our Savior Jesus in the air. At this time Jesus is not coming to earth.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This order remains the same for any group John sees appearing in heaven. Concerning the 24 elders I have no real idea the actual number, and there are many ideas about them and again they are from every nation, tribe, people, and kindred, but there are only two churches out of seven commended as without fault, and that have crowns; they are the Smyrna church who die and remain faithful unto death in Rev 2:10, and the Philadelphia church of Rev 3:10 who faithfully keep the word of God representing those alive as Jesus comes for the first rank of believers.

If you read of the five remaining churches in Rev Chapters 2 & 3 you’ll find there are things wrong, and they’re told to repent. They end up as the great multitude seen caught up out of tribulation. There will also be the 144,000 caught up to God’s throne and stand before the 24 elders and four beasts in Rev 14:1. I hope I haven’t shoved too much at you at once.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

:) That was 7th century BC. And not even rechecking I believe Daniel and Judah went to Babylon, and Jeremiah, Daniel's contemporary with Israel was dispersed to Assyria.
Jer_3:8 . . . her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh Duh....7th CENTURY! :blush
That's what I understand, that the Northern Kingdom (Israel) into captivity in Assyria, and later Judah into Babylon.

Why do you believe it to be so using scripture? Even though Jesus appeared to His own, they did not repent.
My understanding of this is that one day future all Israel shall be saved, and if you're familiar with the context of Romans, Chapter 9 speaks of Israel past, Chapter 10 Israel present, and Chapter 11 is Israel future.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Thanks Sister Deborah for your reply whether we agree or not. :)

Rom 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? first Moses saith, `I will provoke you to jealousy by that which is not a nation; by an unintelligent nation I will anger you,'
Deu 32:21 They have made Me zealous by `no-god,' They made Me angry by their vanities; And I make them zealous by `no-people,' By a foolish nation I make them angry.

Rom_11:11 I say, then, Did they stumble that they might fall? let it not be! but by their fall the salvation is to the nations, to arouse them to jealousy;
Rom_11:14 if by any means I shall arouse to jealousy mine own flesh, and shall save some of them,
G3863
παραζηλόω
parazēloō
par-ad-zay-lo'-o
From G3844 and G2206; to stimulate alongside, that is, excite to rivalry: - provoke to emulation (jealousy).

I believe the church is suppose to be doing what Israel was suppose to be doing in the OT. Shining the light of Christ and glorifying the Lord. And so all Israel shall be saved.

Thank you too. You are always so pleasant to talk with.

Take just one thing........ all that astronomical talk. We have to understand that the reference here, just like those stars and sun stuff in Joseph's dream, is not actual, but referring to governments and powers. They were going to fall, and scores did.

So many of us go hog wild, thinking the Biblical references are all literal. Like the New Jerusalem. Some people actually think that is a real city of gems and metal.
I have to laugh when people tell me the stars are going to fall. Where? Is the meager gravitational pull of Earth going to bring all those billions of solar systems back here to fall on us?

If they were going to fall, at all, they would collapse inward into themselves....... or just fly further off into space... the direction they are already moving.

And Jerusalem.... Give me a break. Fifteen hundred miles long, fifteen hundred miles wide, and fifteen hundred miles high,(almost three times higher than the tallest mountain in the world) with.... get this.. only a 200 FOOT high wall.

And what does the powerful holy city of God need a wall for, anyway? And only 12 gates, if it did? Do you know that would put the gates 500 miles apart?

the roche limit of the earth if it did manage to withstand the stars pulls, let alone the sun and other planets would pull on the stars themselves. it wouldn't do much but remember that alpha centauri is a binary star system both stars are destroying each other, a star falling would do that to the sun.all life on the earth would be dead by that time.

1 Jn 2:18 is describing the spirit of the antichrist, not the antichrist the person in the great trib. There is a difference there. ("even now antichrists have become many", is describing the spirit of the antichrist) (1 John 4:3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.) The Ant-Christ the person is in I believe Rev 13.

Scripture tells me the abomination of desolation of the antichrist occurs during Mid-trib in Matt 24:15.
Scripture also tells me the rapture will be in the middle of the seven year trib right after the sixth seal is open.

Isa 13:10 The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light.

Matt 24:29-31 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:14-27 "But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let the one who is on the housetop not go down, nor enter his house, to take anything out, 16 and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. 17 And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! 18 Pray that it may not happen in winter. 19 For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, and never will be. 20 And if the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days. 21 And then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect. 23 But be on guard; I have told you all things beforehand.

24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.

Luke 21:25-28 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Rev 6:12-14 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

I believe the sun, moon, and stars represent Israel under the Mosaic age. This is one of Joseph's dreams, knowing Joseph was a type of the Redeemer, Jacob (Israel) is his father, his 11 brothers (stars), and his mother (Jerusalem, maybe?).

YLT
Gen 37:9 And he dreameth yet another dream, and recounteth it to his brethren, and saith, `Lo, I have dreamed a dream again, and lo, the sun and the moon, and eleven stars, are bowing themselves to me.'
Gen 37:10 And he recounteth unto his father, and unto his brethren; and his father pusheth against him, and saith to him, `What is this dream which thou hast dreamt? do we certainly come--I, and thy mother, and thy brethren--to bow ourselves to thee, to the earth?'

Dear Sister Kathi, since the Revelation of Jesus Christ is of Him is directed to the Church, even through letters addressed to them, I believe we can safely assume those shown with Him are a part of His body; the church.

In 1 Thes 4:16-17 we are told the sequence of events concerning the catching up of His saints, and the dead in Christ shall rise first and then we which remain will be caught up with them in the air to meet our Savior Jesus in the air. At this time Jesus is not coming to earth.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This order remains the same for any group John sees appearing in heaven. Concerning the 24 elders I have no real idea the actual number, and there are many ideas about them and again they are from every nation, tribe, people, and kindred, but there are only two churches out of seven commended as without fault, and that have crowns; they are the Smyrna church who die and remain faithful unto death in Rev 2:10, and the Philadelphia church of Rev 3:10 who faithfully keep the word of God representing those alive as Jesus comes for the first rank of believers.

If you read of the five remaining churches in Rev Chapters 2 & 3 you’ll find there are things wrong, and they’re told to repent. They end up as the great multitude seen caught up out of tribulation. There will also be the 144,000 caught up to God’s throne and stand before the 24 elders and four beasts in Rev 14:1. I hope I haven’t shoved too much at you at once.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.
In Revelation 4:4 the 24 elders are not specifically identified.I agree with you they are probably representatives of the church.If they sit on the thrones then they reign with Christ."Elders" I would think are men of a certain age and are mature and qualified to rule the church.I am pretty sure then are men and not angels.

the roche limit of the earth if it did manage to withstand the stars pulls, let alone the sun and other planets would pull on the stars themselves. it wouldn't do much but remember that alpha centauri is a binary star system both stars are destroying each other, a star falling would do that to the sun.all life on the earth would be dead by that time.
Would, could, might, and maybe. And the cookie man might kick the moon.
Most of that stuff was expressed the way it was to show extremes and magnitude by the use of hyperbole. We need to quit trying to scare children with the Boogie Man, falling straight into Satan's trap of concentrating on everything EXCEPT helping God's kingdom spread.

Most of that stuff was expressed the way it was to show extremes and magnitude by the use of hyperbole. We need to quit trying to scare children with the Boogie Man, falling straight into Satan's trap of concentrating on everything EXCEPT helping God's kingdom spread.
I guess time will tell hu?

I guess time will tell hu?
crude cartoon that will show what I mean.its not the most accurate but its a mere planet and note what it did. imagine if that was a star or planet like Jupiter. the earth wouldn't last. Jupiter is 1000 times the size of our planet. its magnetic field reaches our planet and shields a lot of the astroids from hitting us.

Very good. And as you can see here scripture also tells us the rapture will be in the middle of the seven year trib right after the sixth seal is open. There will be signs in the sun, moon, stars, earthquake.

Dear Brother DRS81, I appreciate the in depth effort you put into your reply. I'll attempt to give a simple but thoughtful response that might add light.

First I believe you're speaking of the end of the tribulation. Next is a collecting of God's elect in Mat 24:31. Might these saints be those that were not already in heaven that survived the tribulation? Where were they? We read in Rev 12:6 of such. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. I do hope you realize that this is not speaking of the mother of Jesus, Mary. I'll leave it at this for the moment and see where this leads. Thanks. :)

crude cartoon that will show what I mean.its not the most accurate but its a mere planet and note what it did. imagine if that was a star or planet like Jupiter. the earth wouldn't last. Jupiter is 1000 times the size of our planet. its magnetic field reaches our planet and shields a lot of the astroids from hitting us.

A huge meteor could destroy alot of the earth if it were to hit.

then all those Christians would die as well, you live near st.Helens remember in minutes how dark it got. imagine if that was world wide.
That was a walk in the park compared to the devastation during the tribulation.

That was a walk in the park compared to the devastation during the tribulation.
and yet the bible says some will survive, so how can any star fall or comet, and not wipe out life. a one mile rock can kill all life on the earth. a one mile asteroid!

that is why I don't take it literally, that and well the time frame thing. if I know the trib has started. I would simply hide seven years. as I KNOW the end would be there to the T!!!!!!!!!

My friend, the dimensions of the New Jerusalem is literal, with real gold, real gates, real walls, real gems and stones, real transparent glass. Seriously? What have you?

Rev 21:15-21 The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. 16The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadiac in length, and as wide and high as it is long. 17The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubitsd thick.e 18The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.f 21The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.

Deborah13 Willie T The sun was miraculously darkened when Jesus hung on the cross. What wonder if similar catastrophes signal his coming to judgment? Or maybe the sun is Christ or his truth, which shall be obscured in the last days; the moon is the Church, darkened by heresy and unbelief, and borrowing no light from its sun; the stars are they who once were foremost in the faith, but now shall fall from their steadfastness, or be unable to diffuse light, owing to the gross darkness and mistiness of those evil days. Either way you interpret it, we cannot deny the timing of the sixth seal in regards to the rapture.

Dear Brother DRS81, I appreciate the in depth effort you put into your reply. I'll attempt to give a simple but thoughtful response that might add light.

First I believe you're speaking of the end of the tribulation. Next is a collecting of God's elect in Mat 24:31. Might these saints be those that were not already in heaven that survived the tribulation? Where were they? We read in Rev 12:6 of such. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. I do hope you realize that this is not speaking of the mother of Jesus, Mary. I'll leave it at this for the moment and see where this leads. Thanks. :)

Well, I believe in soul sleep for starters. The first half of the seven year trib is called "the tribulation". The second half is called "the great tribulation".

and yet the bible says some will survive, so how can any star fall or comet, and not wipe out life. a one mile rock can kill all life on the earth. a one mile asteroid!

that is why I don't take it literally, that and well the time frame thing. if I know the trib has started. I would simply hide seven years. as I KNOW the end would be there to the T!!!!!!!!!
It could wipe out most of the earth but God would allow for some to survive.He is in control and can do anything He wants.He can protect anyone he wants.We do know that a very,very few Christians will survive the tribulation into the millennium.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back