Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Raptures – Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It could wipe out most of the earth but God would allow for some to survive.He is in control and can do anything He wants.He can protect anyone he wants.We do know that a very,very few Christians will survive the tribulation into the millennium.
so let me get this right. one third of the sun darkens, so how much light on the planet we leave gets heat? oh the earth rotates so it will be a lot colder for florida, never mind wa, Alaska. those will go dark, Siberia? already harsh during the winter. imagine when its getting less heat. so how will the save get food when the ac is all powerful and will know whom moves?

I can run with that as I have been through two solar eclipses in my state. day turned into night, for a few minutes.now where does it say god would protect men from the antichrists wrath. if god is going to judge all of man in this trib then he would have to remove the entire saints and that include trib saints.sure he could to that but you have the show me that during the trib men will somehow be able to move food during the control of the ac. and he isn't killing them. remember the mark of the beast thing?

so let me get this right. one third of the sun darkens, so how much light on the planet we leave gets heat? oh the earth rotates so it will be a lot colder for florida, never mind wa, Alaska. those will go dark, Siberia? already harsh during the winter. imagine when its getting less heat. so how will the save get food when the ac is all powerful and will know whom moves?

I can run with that as I have been through two solar eclipses in my state. day turned into night, for a few minutes.now where does it say god would protect men from the antichrists wrath. if god is going to judge all of man in this trib then he would have to remove the entire saints and that include trib saints.sure he could to that but you have the show me that during the trib men will somehow be able to move food during the control of the ac. and he isn't killing them. remember the mark of the beast thing?
It will be very,very difficult for those who have taken the Mark of the a/c to survive.Somehow a handful will.At the end of the tribulation there will be a separation of the sheep and the goats.Those who are the sheep who are believers will go into the millennium and those who are the goats who are not believers will be destroyed.

It will be very,very difficult for those who have taken the Mark of the a/c to survive.Somehow a handful will.At the end of the tribulation there will be a separation of the sheep and the goats.Those who are the sheep who are believers will go into the millennium and those who are the goats who are not believers will be destroyed.
mean while, in the trib in a dark underground tunnel that is left from the hamas war with isreal sits two jews and a girl. the girl is a pale thing and is reading her bible and says, isn't it saying here that no man knoweth the hour and yet we have been in the tunnel since the ac started killing Christians. the jews say we have at least 3.5 years to the end of the ac, we can make it.

mean while, in the trib in a dark underground tunnel that is left from the hamas war with isreal sits two jews and a girl. the girl is a pale thing and is reading her bible and says, isn't it saying here that no man knoweth the hour and yet we have been in the tunnel since the ac started killing Christians. the jews say we have at least 3.5 years to the end of the ac, we can make it.
Remember a Jew has to become a believer in Jesus Christ to make it into the millennium.

Remember a Jew has to become a believer in Jesus Christ to make it into the millennium.
you are so dogmatic in that you didn't see the problem? 3.5 years per the bible as YOU all teach it. think about that, reconcile that with no man knoweth the hour. how can it be if the bible says in 3.5 years there will be a halfway mark when the saints are in hiding and also some getting saved and yet not have a bible to read and to know? how else does god keep the saints?by Gnosticism? I mean have you ever known a person who is filled with the HOLY GHOST that has never read the bible and simply can quote it? I don't.

you are so dogmatic in that you didn't see the problem? 3.5 years per the bible as YOU all teach it. think about that, reconcile that with no man knoweth the hour. how can it be if the bible says in 3.5 years there will be a halfway mark when the saints are in hiding and also some getting saved and yet not have a bible to read and to know? how else does god keep the saints?by Gnosticism? I mean have you ever known a person who is filled with the HOLY GHOST that has never read the bible and simply can quote it? I don't.
I am sorry you lost me :neutral

I am sorry you lost me :neutral
how long is it until jesus returns after the removal of the church?
or if one is a mid tribber, when the ac shows up?

if its a time frame, can you set your clock on that and bank on that jesus will rescue you?

Oh Duh....7th CENTURY! :blush
That's what I understand, that the Northern Kingdom (Israel) into captivity in Assyria, and later Judah into Babylon.

Rom 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? first Moses saith, `I will provoke you to jealousy by that which is not a nation; by an unintelligent nation I will anger you,'
Deu 32:21 They have made Me zealous by `no-god,' They made Me angry by their vanities; And I make them zealous by `no-people,' By a foolish nation I make them angry.

Rom_11:11 I say, then, Did they stumble that they might fall? let it not be! but by their fall the salvation is to the nations, to arouse them to jealousy;
Rom_11:14 if by any means I shall arouse to jealousy mine own flesh, and shall save some of them,
G3863
παραζηλόω
parazēloō
par-ad-zay-lo'-o
From G3844 and G2206; to stimulate alongside, that is, excite to rivalry: - provoke to emulation (jealousy).

I believe the church is suppose to be doing what Israel was suppose to be doing in the OT. Shining the light of Christ and glorifying the Lord. And so all Israel shall be saved.

Thank you too. You are always so pleasant to talk with.
All Israel was caught by surprise on this one. Again, Romans Chapter 10 is concerning Israel in this present Church Age.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

Way post trib.. Scripture for my view i will start with the Olivet discourse

Why start with what Jesus said, He was just talking to the Jews, right.

We are the Church, Jesus was talking to the Jews in the Olivet Discourse!

What let me look that up....:thinking

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

What a minute, He was talking to His Disciples in the Olivet Discourse.

Ok never mind. :thud

JLB

Well, I believe in soul sleep for starters. The first half of the seven year trib is called "the tribulation". The second half is called "the great tribulation".
Why do you believe in soul sleep? Those spirits of the righteous are in paradise, and the spirits of the dead are very conscious of their predicament in hell.
2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
This would give us cause to ask exactly what does sleep. The bodies of all that have gone before us are in the grave or the sea. One day they will be resurrected glorified for God's elect, but the dead will stand before God for judgment, and then we read in:
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

What's this mean? The bodies of the dead (Unbelievers) were cast into the lake of fire along with their unbelieving spirits that were in being held in hell.

Those spirits of the righteous are in paradise, and the spirits of the dead are very conscious of their predicament in hell.

No they're not. 2 Cor 5:8 does not give a timeline, it only describes the anticipation of Paul's heart.

how long is it until jesus returns after the removal of the church?
or if one is a mid tribber, when the ac shows up?

if its a time frame, can you set your clock on that and bank on that jesus will rescue you?

After the removal of the church which is the rapture,the Bible does not say how long it will be before the tribulation actually starts .The tribulation period is 7 years.So I am not certain.

Where does the Bible say there is a 7 year tribulation?
Look at the thread "How Many judgments are there?" post 107 and 108.The timing is also in Daniel.It is complicated.According to your interpretation you would not believe it.

No they're not. 2 Cor 5:8 does not give a timeline, it only describes the anticipation of Paul's heart.
There I disagree because unless Paul stated the things he spoke were his own thoughts, they were revealed to him by the risen Jesus by revelation.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Paul was very explicit as to what he taught, and to make provision for his own thoughts.
1 Cor 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
1 Cor 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

OK kathi :)... Here is what Jesus Said about tribulation

Mat_13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat_24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat_24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mar_13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Joh_16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Kathi at one time i did believe it...

OK kathi :)... Here is what Jesus Said about tribulation

Mat_13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat_24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat_24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mar_13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Joh_16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Kathi at one time i did believe it...
I have been researching all of the end time interpretations.Mid-trib once looked interesting.But after much research and much prayer I believe in pre-trib.We will have to just wait and see.I am prepared for any of the interpretations to happen.I am very happy to let you have your own interpretation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back