Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Raptures – Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There I disagree because unless Paul stated the things he spoke were his own thoughts, they were revealed to him by the risen Jesus by revelation.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Paul was very explicit as to what he taught, and to make provision for his own thoughts.
1 Cor 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
1 Cor 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

and I still see no timeline. i provided you with a timeline of the sixth seal during mid-trib. where is your timeline.

Where does the Bible say there is a 7 year tribulation?
Day Year Counting
Ezekiel 4:6 . . . I have appointed thee each day for a year.
Would that make a week equal to seven years in time?

Tribulation
Dan 9:27 And he (This is not Jesus) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

You can prove this by counting the 483 years of Daniel starting in 444 BC (Neh 2:6) until Jesus entered Jerusalem riding an ass (Zech 9:9). Do remember that Israel used 360 days to the year, and my notes and counting have shown shown that to be in 33 AD.

and I still see no timeline. i provided you with a timeline of the sixth seal during mid-trib. where is your timeline.
I do not know the beginning, let alone the ending shortened according to Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

It appears that you're more at looking for events lining up with one another as simultaneous rather than a given timeline as you dub it. The sixth seal of Rev 6:12 appears to be the same as Mat 24:29.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

My question is, what is your point? Are you saying this is the only appearance of Jesus? To me this highlights the wrath of the Lamb as we read in Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? How in your thinking does this apply to the rapture? Is this not the middle of the week? I may have to go back and restudy these various occurrences.

Eugene My point is that after we die believers and nonbelievers alike will rest in the grave of Hades until the first resurrection. That is the gist of it.

But it is. I'm going to bed. Good night.
So true. And, as I have said before, anyone reading the bible without all our pre-programed misconceptions and assumptions, (new believers) could read nothing but that all that was written to exactly the people of that day... with them understanding it was written to them, for their day, about events that most of them watched unfold right there in their own country, in their own lifetimes.

2.4: . Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

Direct at all of us.. Our views may differ and still be within the bounds of His Word.... We are brothers and sisters in the Lord...

After the removal of the church which is the rapture,the Bible does not say how long it will be before the tribulation actually starts .The tribulation period is 7 years.So I am not certain.
again its seven years, you have a point that is in the middle of that. when the rapture hits I was taught that the trib starts. even if it didn't. lets say when America starts killing Christians and its not like the whole world will hide it.after the whole world will watch the two witnesses die and rise again.

again its seven years, you have a point that is in the middle of that. when the rapture hits I was taught that the trib starts. even if it didn't. lets say when America starts killing Christians and its not like the whole world will hide it.after the whole world will watch the two witnesses die and rise again.
I do not think it says how long the time period is in the Bible of when the tribulation actually starts after the church as been raptured.It is really going to be ugly after the rapture.Our world will be turned upside down.Looting and all kinds of problems.

I do not think it says how long the time period is in the Bible of when the tribulation actually starts after the church as been raptured.It is really going to be ugly after the rapture.Our world will be turned upside down.Looting and all kinds of problems.
either way its a time frame there.

Yes it is :)
okay that is the problem. a studied man will know that. you have dodged the question and problem. how is god keeping them from falling into temptation and deception? they must be given hope. if I know that a trib was what was going my hope would be to hide and ride it out. of course that means one wont be told as we wouldn't witness! yet they have to know the bible. its what keeps them!

okay that is the problem. a studied man will know that. you have dodged the question and problem. how is god keeping them from falling into temptation and deception? they must be given hope. if I know that a trib was what was going my hope would be to hide and ride it out. of course that means one wont be told as we wouldn't witness! yet they have to know the bible. its what keeps them!
You are very clearly beginning to shine a light directly on Satan's plan behind getting us to fear all these "endtimes" threats. Spend enough time being afraid and worried about things that aren't even going to happen, and we will do almost nothing to further His kingdom.

Two things He said more than anything else, over and over, was for us not to fear, and not to worry. Gee, I wonder if there is a reason He kept pushing for us not to do those two things? Yet, what do we insist on doing? Yep worrying about, and fearing a "Tribulation."

You are very clearly beginning to shine a light directly on Satan's plan behind getting us to fear all these "endtimes" threats. Spend enough time being afraid and worried about things that aren't even going to happen, and we will do almost nothing to further His kingdom.

Two things He said more than anything else, over and over, was for us not to fear, and not to worry. Gee, I wonder if there is a reason He kept pushing for us not to do those two things? Yet, what do we insist on doing? Yep worrying about, and fearing a "Tribulation."

Amen brother, that's right!

Rapture, no rapture, so what? Further the Kingdom, plant seeds, don't get distracted.

The wrath of God that is to be poured out upon the earth in the last days, we don't have to fear at all, even if there is no rapture beforehand. Man may come and kill a lot of us, but like Paul said, to die is to gain and then we'll be with the Lord sooner...nothing to fear there. And all of the wrathful plagues and so forth that are to be poured out (like the locusts and so forth) are not here to torment us Christians. Remember that if you are here and this stuff begins to happen!

Amen brother, that's right!

Rapture, no rapture, so what? Further the Kingdom, plant seeds, don't get distracted.

The wrath of God that is to be poured out upon the earth in the last days, we don't have to fear at all, even if there is no rapture beforehand. Man may come and kill a lot of us, but like Paul said, to die is to gain and then we'll be with the Lord sooner...nothing to fear there. And all of the wrathful plagues and so forth that are to be poured out (like the locusts and so forth) are not here to torment us Christians. Remember that if you are here and this stuff begins to happen!
People tend to get all upset with me when I express my view that the tribulations were clearly in abundance in 70AD, and the years leading up to the destruction of the temple. The same thing when I say that I see no "rapture" (before the second coming of Christ) in the Bible.

But I look at it this way. You all know "Pascal's Gambit" (or wager), right? Well, the same principle applies here.

If there is a sudden rapture before this November, say..... What have I lost by just living for God, and not worrying about such an event? Not a thing.
And if a "Great Tribulation" comes, what do you seriously think any one of us can really do about it, but trust God? Well, I'm already doing that .... WITHOUT worrying and fearing the possibility.

Shake in your boots for years, but it will make no difference if and when such a day comes........ EXCEPT that you have deliberately ignored God's admonishments NOT TO WORRY OR FEAR, and TO GIVE NO THOUGHT TO TOMORROW. (Lilies of the fields... birds.... flowers) And here is the worst part......... Every minute spent sweating those things is a minute you will never see again... AND a minute that was not spent working for God.

People tend to get all upset with me when I express my view that the tribulations were clearly in abundance in 70AD, and the years leading up to the destruction of the temple. The same thing when I say that I see no "rapture" (before the second coming of Christ) in the Bible.

But I look at it this way. You all know "Pascal's Gambit" (or wager), right? Well, the same principle applies here.

If there is a sudden rapture before this November, say..... What have I lost by just living for God, and not worrying about such an event? Not a thing.
And if a "Great Tribulation" comes, what do you seriously think any one of us can really do about it, but trust God? Well, I'm already doing that .... WITHOUT worrying and fearing the possibility.

Shake in your boots for years, but it will make no difference if and when such a day comes........ EXCEPT that you have deliberately ignored God's admonishments NOT TO WORRY OR FEAR, and TO GIVE NO THOUGHT TO TOMORROW. (Lilies of the fields... birds.... flowers) And here is the worst part......... Every minute spent sweating those things is a minute you will never see again... AND a minute that was not spent working for God.

Yeah, Pascal was cool. I like his logic. Nothing wrong with being ready for the Lord. The spirit of pascals wager is within my sig line, lol.

I agree brother, the worst thing we can do is to fear.

Yeah, Pascal was cool. I like his logic. Nothing wrong with being ready for the Lord. The spirit of pascals wager is within my sig line, lol.

I agree brother, the worst thing we can do is to fear.
Why worry?If you are a true believe in Jesus Christ what do you have to worry about?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back