Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Raptures – Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Only one that says Jesus did not pray before others.

I can't show u that for there is no text that says that but their is no text that Jesus went in the streets of jersulem or the churches of his day and pray before men.

Only time when Jesus thanked the lord(not even a prayer) that some think was a prayer was when he raised the dead.

Not saying he did not thank god in front of many any other time but praying before men.

Where is it written. And is jesus a hypocrite?

Why would he say not to pray before men when he does it him self?

Don't be fooled by the hypocrites in the churches. They say gods word but does not do it. They preach their own levean

The apostles responded, “Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God’s sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:19-20). They were then released, after further threats. On being released, the apostles reported to the church what had transpired.
Then they prayed. When they prayed, the house where they were shook. Do our prayers cause the house to shake?

God does not answer our prayers based on when we pray,where we pray. 1 John 5:14-15 tells us to have confidence when we come to God in prayer.The proper way to pray is:
Sitting,standing,on our knees,hands opened or closed,eyes opened or closed;in a Church with others,at home by ourselves,in the morning at noon or at night.

Hypcrosy definition
The apostles responded, “Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God’s sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:19-20). They were then released, after further threats. On being released, the apostles reported to the church what had transpired.
Then they prayed. When they prayed, the house where they were shook. Do our prayers cause the house to shake?

Some of the brethren. But me no but u don't hear me trying to debate what god did not say all I did was tell a follower the truth and u and other members replied to me saying my correction needs correction.

Let me ask u a question why did god write mathew six if he wanted his people to pray in front of men in the churches and streets?

Hypcrosy definition

Some of the brethren. But me no but u don't hear me trying to debate what god did not say all I did was tell a follower the truth and u and other members replied to me saying my correction needs correction.

Let me ask u a question why did god write mathew six if he wanted his people to pray in front of men in the churches and streets?
Maybe you need to go over Matthew 6 again and if that is really what those verses mean.

You are commanded to "pray without ceasing". First of all, can any of us say we do that? And if we claim we do, then we must never leave our "closets" because that seems to be the only place you are saying we are to be doing any praying.

You are commanded to "pray without ceasing". First of all, can any of us say we do that? And if we claim we do, then we must never leave our "closets" because that seems to be the only place you are saying we are to be doing any praying.
I pray in my car,walking,sitting,standing,laying down.I pray with others and I pray silently.Sometimes I am in constant prayer depending on what my need is.

Both the Old and the New Testaments have people praying together.

1 Kings 3:22, 40, 54. 1 Chronicles 29:10. 2 Chronicles 6:12, 29. For instance.

I think this entire subject SHOULD be a lesson to any of us who get hung up on trying to tell others that because we think we know God's will from one or two selected verses we've memorized to "prove" something, that we are now His agents to straighten out all the "sinners" we are posting to.

God does not answer our prayers based on when we pray,where we pray. 1 John 5:14-15 tells us to have confidence when we come to God in prayer.The proper way to pray is:
Sitting,standing,on our knees,hands opened or closed,eyes opened or closed;in a Church with others,at home by ourselves,in the morning at noon or at night.

Ma,am please with all due respect and humbleness I speak to u

Where in 1john 5 14 to 15 do u see the proper way of praying is in a church with others in these verses

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

That's first john chap 5

And tell me what does mathew 6 verses mean if it don't mean not to pray in the streets and synagogues in front of men As it says.

Maybe I can't read cause that's what it says so tell me then

I think this entire subject SHOULD be a lesson to any of us who get hung up on trying to tell others that because we think we know God's will from one or two selected verses we've memorized to "prove" something, that we are now His agents to straighten out all the "sinners" we are posting to.
We can not put God in a box.

UNO u say a lot of things but I haven't seen any scriptures proof like I showed u.

Let's save the snark remarks for another time you are a grown Man U shouldn't act in that way sir

What our Lord did NOT want to have happen is illustrated beautifully in Matthew 23: 13-14:

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense you make long prayers; therefore you will receive greater condemnation. (NASB)

And I was trying to prove anything I just saw an err and I correct the man.

I never imagined it would go this far. I was Gona post something else is wante to say about but u all are marveled by the sayings I said concerning how god wants us to pray

It's like what do they teach u in churches is what's going through my head. Cause the words you say are the complete opposite of what god says concerning the matter

The Publican at the wall was put down, no doubt (He was there to show off), but the sinner who smote his breast was commended by God..... NOT told he should not be there praying around others.

Anyone here ever hear of knowing ...... the letter of the law, but not the spirit?

What our Lord did NOT want to have happen is illustrated beautifully in Matthew 23: 13-14:

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense you make long prayers; therefore you will receive greater condemnation. (NASB)

Alright exactly and don't forget to add mathew 6 verse 5

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

And mark 12

38 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

39 And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:

40 Which devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.

Matthew 15: 15-19:

“If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother.
16 But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed.
17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.. 18 Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be bound in heaven.
19 “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.
20 For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.” (NASB)

That is praying together.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back