Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Raptures – Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Why would you want to pray in front of people? :confused

Man I want to know why do people do what is right in the eyes of men and not of god.

It's like god say one thing and the people say another.

I'm not just talking about Kathi reply but many others debates I had with people concerning the law.

When Jesus prayed he prayed privately but when he was preaching he taught the word. Jesus did not pray in front of multitude of people like wolves in sheep clothing of our day do

Show the scriptures and I'm silent
Acts 16 comes immediately to mind.

25 Around midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God. The other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly, a violent earthquake shook the foundations of the jail

Is there any wrong way to pray?

U no what's worst than a ignorant man who sins?

A man that knows what the commandment is and does what he thinks is right in his own eyes.

A sinner can come to repentance for they are blind so some they will see like many others but those men who pollute the commandments say they see so they are made blind in there own foolishness

Acts 16 comes immediately to mind.

25 Around midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God. The other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly, a violent earthquake shook the foundations of the jail

Dude they were in JAIL! What privacy can they have seriously u got to give a better response than that man

At the final Passover........ "When He had given thanks, He broke bread..."

Dude they were in JAIL! What privacy can they have seriously u got to give a better response than that man
That is exactly the weak excuse I just told my wife you would probably come back with...... as if they would be unable to softly pray over in a corner.

And what are you going to say about Jesus praying to the father in front of all those people at Lazarus' grave?

Give me Scripture for this.That Jesus did not pray in front of a multitude of people.

Mathew six and FYI synagogue is a place the Jews went to worship god. In these days church and synagogue are the same thing cause remember christainity did not form till after Jesus died. And alms mean prayer

Read for your self

1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

That is exactly the weak excuse I just told my wife you would probably come back with...... as if they would be unable to softly pray over in a corner.

And what are you going to say about Jesus praying to the father in front of all those people at Lazarus' grave?

If u can raise the dead with a prayer in front of a group of people I will silence my self

But if u can't do the works a god can do why do u ignore the words of god spoken in mathew 6 To the children of men?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back