Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Raptures – Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Where in scripture does it say we will not go through tribulation
Where exactly does it say we escape?I
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Who do you believe these people are? Thanks

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Who do you believe these people are? Thanks

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Dear Sister Deborah13, those of Rev 2:22 are indeed part of the church which are addressed as the church in Thyatira. Rev 2:18. It is also said in Rev 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. With the woman Jezebel there is an interesting alluding to that of the woman of Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

This is a part of the church affiliated with all nations, and in Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. Oh, there has been an effort to throw suspicion from the culprit here by attempting to point to Jerusalem, but Jerusalem is not a part of the seven churches. Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. There is only one that fits this location and that is Rome. What? Are they a part of the church? There remains a remnant and in Rev 18:4 they are told to come out of her or suffer the plagues with her that she will enter. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Please let me know if you need more on this subject.

In the old testament could these verses out of Psalms refer to the rapture?

27 v5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
27 v6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

It seems there would first have to be a "rapture" to refer to.

Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Eze chapter 16

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

27 v5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
27 v6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
Time of trouble is usually referred to as the tribulation.

Oh Im sorry, I forgot to say the coming very very soon rapture (:
That's cool. I didn't understand that you were talking about being caught up into the air when Jesus returns on the last day. Most people think there is going to be a secret snatching away, they call, "the rapture"

That's cool. I didn't understand that you were talking about being caught up into the air when Jesus returns on the last day. Most people think there is going to be a secret snatching away, they call, "the rapture"
Isn't that what Raelyn is talking about?The imminent soon to come rapture?

Isn't that what Raelyn is talking about?The imminent soon to come rapture?
I guess so. The same one every generation for more than 2,000 years (that's 200 decades) has been talking about happening "any day now".

I guess so. The same one every generation for more than 2,000 years (that's 200 decades) has been talking about happening "any day now".
You are absolutely right, the very same.
The word RAPTURE comes from the LATIN VULGATE BIBLE from the Latin word "raptus," and also the Latin word "rapiemur,"

Oh YEY! Nice touch Kathi secret or no I think it should be a little on the conspicuous side. Will people notice you are gone? (:
I think it will be one of the worlds most devastating incidents in the world.Of course the world will know that a bunch of people are missing.What happened to them?I don't know how they will pull that off.Some who people thought were wonderful Christians will remain.Maybe even some pastors.That will make it even more confusing for the world.Will a UFO abduction play a part?I don't know.There will be all kinds of theories.Maybe even alot of conspiracy theories.Then the antichrist will come along and he will probably have a wonderful deception.The world will say "Oh ya....that is what happened".

I think it will be one of the worlds most devastating incidents in the world.Of course the world will know that a bunch of people are missing.What happened to them?I don't know how they will pull that off.Some who people thought were wonderful Christians will remain.Maybe even some pastors.That will make it even more confusing for the world.Will a UFO abduction play a part?I don't know.There will be all kinds of theories.Maybe even alot of conspiracy theories.Then the antichrist will come along and he will probably have a wonderful deception.The world will say "Oh ya....that is what happened".
i agree, I lived in New Mexico for 38 years, you see alot. More than I should expound on in this forum

I use to be a pretrib person as I followed all those pretrib teachings taking them at face value, but not anymore as Christ said that those who endure until the end are those who will be saved. The end of what means the end of all abominations that cause desolation in our lives as in all the tribulations listed in Matthew 24:1-31 as they increase daily, but the end is not yet until that of vs.29-31 which happens right after that of Rev 11:11-18 up to Rev 14:14-20 and when all things are finished then that of the New heaven and New Jerusalem will be ushered down and we will be with the Lord forever.

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Dear Sister Raelyn, David’s trials were ongoing even to being hid in the very presence of Saul who pursued him. David goes on in those particular verses to ask in Psa 27:11, Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. This leads me to think he is referring to any trouble he may face in these particular verses.

Psa 27:5 For in the time (H3117 day, time, year) of trouble (H7451 bad, evil) he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Psa 27:6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

Referring to Great Tribulation
Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time (H6256 Time) of trouble (H6869 straits, distress, trouble), such as never was (Modifer) since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back