Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Raptures – Tribulation

Why worry?If you are a true believe in Jesus Christ what do you have to worry about?

Rom 8:33-39 Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36Just as it is written,
“FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG;
WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED.”

37But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

6e0884d854270ecd16ebde5728721f42.jpg

A friend feels fairly strongly about all this "fear-mongering."

Jeff Turner & Sound of Awakening Ministries
August 11, 2014

I don't say this with an ounce of anger, bitterness, or malice in my heart, but as a sincere challenge to the church of the day, as well as to the would-be eschatolog-ists among us:

Any preachers or teachers who are, at present, using the somewhat normal (in light of history) Tetrads (blood moons) as signs that the end of the world is at hand, and who are using the horrific goings on in Iraq and Gaza as fuel for their mere centuries old beliefs in a certain brand of eschatology, need to have their names taken down and compiled on a list. Then, 7-10 years from now, after the rapture has not occurred, Obama is out of office and the "anti-Christ" has not emerged, and things have (as much as they can with two religiously motivated groups sharing land) re-stabilized in the Middle East, these same teachers and preachers, unless they've openly repented for teaching error, need to be discredited.

This is not said out of anger, but I tire of seeing tragedies exploited to promote a certain brand of eschatology, and beautiful lunar phenomenon like the "blood moons" used to inspire fear rather than awe. I tire of our obsession with the idea that things in our day are as bad as they've ever been, when, in truth, even in light of today's horrific events, we're still living in a relatively peaceful time. I tire of the people of Iraq's pain being used as nothing more than a motivation for Christians to hide in their closets and await the rapture.

This madness has to end.

And so I say it again, and feel free to hear an increase in the volume of my voice this time around:

Any teacher or preacher who is using the current Middle East crises and "blood moons" phenomenon as an excuse to preach a "gloom and doom gospel" needs to have their name put on a list, and then, in 7-10 years, when their dispensationalist views of the end time have yet to occur, need to be held accountable and publicly discredited, unless of course they repent for abusing their platforms, teaching error, promoting fear, and using other peoples pain as an excuse for preaching bad theology.

This might sound harsh, but it's just how I feel about this. Someone has to hold these people accountable.

Rather than put the doom and gloom teachers and preachers on a list, perhaps they could be given a mark, say on the hand or forehead, to identify them?:halo

I agree that an industry of deception that feeds on fear and false fantasies promoting predictions that always fail needs to be purged from The Church.

Then we have the most famous doom and gloom preacher that ever walked the earth in..

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

tob

Then we have the most famous doom and gloom preacher that ever walked the earth in..

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

tob
Take it back up to verse 20, and you can get real and relevant. He warned about a specific time and place.... and it happened. Those were not words for fear-mongers to use to sell millions of books, and control people.

This is what we are seeing right now before the rapture:
2 Timothy 3:1-4
2 Timothy 3:13
2 Timothy 4:3-4
Matthew 24:8

Are we living in the end times?Yes,we are.

He didn't say anything about fear-mongers or selling books and he most definitely didn't say anything about the peace and unity movement that's been selling books by the boatload.. Here's what He said about that..

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

tob

He didn't say anything about fear-mongers or selling books and he most definitely didn't say anything about the peace and unity movement that's been selling books by the boatload.. Here's what He said about that..

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

tob

If we remember that Jesus was always talking to the Jews. He came for them first, He did not GO to the gentiles. So what in the world could He have been saying in these verses when He was talking to the Jews?
Some Jews would BELIEVE He was the Messiah and some would not and families would be divided over this belief or unbelief. There was Hate between those who believed and those who did not.

This is still true among the Jews today. The ones who believe that Jesus was the Messiah are despised by many of the Orthodox Jews.

If we remember that Jesus was always talking to the Jews. He came for them first, He did not GO to the gentiles. So what in the world could He have been saying in these verses when He was talking to the Jews?
Some Jews would BELIEVE He was the Messiah and some would not and families would be divided over this belief or unbelief. There was Hate between those who believed and those who did not.

This is still true among the Jews today. The ones who believe that Jesus was the Messiah are despised by many of the Orthodox Jews.
and consertive jews.

I have heard we are living in the last days all my 67 years... 67 aint so many but mom has heard the same and she is 91 ,,and my dads dad also...

I have heard we are living in the last days all my 67 years... 67 aint so many but mom has heard the same and she is 91 ,,and my dads dad also...

I think maybe it's all the more prominent a belief because of Israel being made a State in 1948 and the supposed prophecy of the fig tree budding. The problem is that there is an ignoring of the way the same words of Jesus are written in Luke. Luke gave more details about what was said. I've asked before who all the other trees are, that are budding at the same time but I never get a response. :shrug

YLT
Mat 24:32 `And from the fig-tree learn ye the simile: When already its branch may have become tender, and the leaves it may put forth, ye know that summer is nigh,
Mat 24:33 so also ye, when ye may see all these, ye know that it is nigh--at the doors.

Luk 21:29 And he spake a simile to them: `See the fig-tree, and all the trees,
Luk 21:30 when they may now cast forth, having seen, of yourselves ye know that now is the summer nigh;
Luk 21:31 so also ye, when ye may see these things happening, ye know that near is the reign of God;

imo.
If the fig tree is Israel, what nations are all the other trees? What other nations have come into existence, there must be others for this to be a prophecy about Israel.

The Jews of Poland etc may not agree

nor those butchered by Gengis Khan
6. He was responsible for the deaths of as many as 40 million people.
While it’s impossible to know for sure how many people perished during the Mongol conquests, many historians put the number at somewhere around 40 million. Censuses from the Middle Ages show that the population of China plummeted by tens of millions during the Khan’s lifetime, and scholars estimate that he may have killed a full three-fourths of modern-day Iran’s population during his war with the Khwarezmid Empire. All told, the Mongols’ attacks may have reduced the entire world population by as much as 11 percent.

Lets not forget Stalin
In February 1989, two years before the fall of the Soviet Union, a research paper by Georgian historian Roy Aleksandrovich Medvedev published in the weekly tabloid Argumenti i Fakti estimated that the death toll directly attributable to Stalin’s rule amounted to some 20 million lives (on top of the estimated 20 million Soviet troops and civilians who perished in the Second World War), for a total tally of 40 million.

Yeah but we haven't seen evil like ISIS since well....for 2,000 years. kiwidan, are you aware of the prophecy of Psalm 83.

2 Chronicles 20
Several of those mentioned in this Psalm are mentioned in the union that warred against Jehoshaphat
in the land of Judah.

Yeah but we haven't seen evil like ISIS since well....for 2,000 years. kiwidan, are you aware of the prophecy of Psalm 83.
We are seeing more evil now than ever before.Go look at a news paper from the 60's.Everyone is involved in the US as well.

We are seeing more evil now than ever before.Go look at a news paper from the 60's.Everyone is involved in the US as well.

Let us pray.

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.